Riddle Me This! NY111 - mafia dead - Town wins!

Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by Amished »

I dunno, I just got a weird vibe from him today. I haven't caught up completely with how busy I've been this weekend but it just seems he's too passive and asking the too superficial questions rather than really scumhunting.

@Richard: Why do YOU feel that Yos votes are bad?
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:12 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

VasudeVa wrote:
Thestatusquota wrote: 3) What do you perceive as optimum scum strategy given a large normal setting on day one?
3) Hide in large bandwagons. Too good to resist. Will be watching for that.
DeathNote wrote: mipe - PaltryExcuse, Anon,
VasudeVad, Korts, ksun482, sorasagoof, RichardGHP, inHimshallibe (L-3)
DeathNote wrote: Anon- iamausername, Shanba,
VasudeVa, The Fonz, DizzyIzzyB13, Mr. Chaos (L-3)
farside22 wrote: dahill1- Anon, Ksun482, Thestatusquo, Mipe, RichardGHP,
VasudeVa, inHimshallibe (L-4)
farside22 wrote: Scotmany (4) inHimshallibe, Anon, Cove,
VasudeVa
farside22 wrote: Dahill (5) Nachomamma, Amished, Mr. Chaos,
VasudeVa, RichardGHP
Unvote, Vote: VasudeVa
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Yeah I could vote Yos or possibly Vas today too. Sorry for the short post I still have questions I want to ask Mr Chaos but I have to read some more.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:18 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Amished wrote:I dunno, I just got a weird vibe from him today. I haven't caught up completely with how busy I've been this weekend but it just seems he's too passive and asking the too superficial questions rather than really scumhunting.
Did you miss the fact that I caught PE days ago, and have been trying to lynch him and his replacement Cove all game? Long before you voted him.

Also, none of my questions have been at all "superficial", thank you very mcuh. For one thing, I'm almost certanly going to vote for Don if he dosn't answer that question soon.

For referance, this is the question you need to answer, Don:
Yosarian2 wrote:Don, can you explain why you voted for Cove here, especially if you hadn't read the whole game yet? I mean, horray, you voted for scum, but your reasoning seems really odd (and it's kind of amusing you spend half the post talking about "bussing" and then vote Cove for what appears to be a terrible reason, lol).
don_johnson wrote:bussing cannot be "premature". it is, by definition, "the attacking of ones scum partner". timing is irrelevant. anyhoo. i don't know what to make of the amished scumtell without links and/or proof, but for now:

unvote, vote: cove

evening out the bandwagons can only lead to good things. i should be back in this with analysis soon.
The reason I asked it is that I like Anon's case against him, so I went back and read him, and I saw one and only one thing he's done all game that MIGHT be considered pro-town, his vote for the scum Cove; but I don't like his reasoning for it. IF he can explain why he suspected cove in a way that makes sense to me from a pro-town perspective, then I might consider not voting for him; if he can't, then I think we lynch him today.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by Amished »

@Yos: You did an excellent job getting PE/Cove lynched then...

For reference:
This seems rather uninformative and pointless (as is the follow up in 1321, since you don't really refute anything I said in my position);

This seems unnecessarily overexplained and somewhat contradictory to you "trying to lynch Cove all game" that you just brought up.

This says absolutely nothing but theory.

This is your best post since I replaced in and isn't really advocating your case against Cove at all.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:51 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Amished wrote:@Yos: You did an excellent job getting PE/Cove lynched then...
Yes, I did. Thank you.
For reference:
This seems rather uninformative and pointless (as is the follow up in 1321, since you don't really refute anything I said in my position);
Eh. Whenever I see someone make odd assumptions about the kill, like you seemed to be doing, I tend to think of it as a huge scum tell. It seemed obvious to me that that was a scum kill, but you seemed sure it wasn't; so sure, you were willing to vote someone partly because he disagreed with you about it. In my experience, that's often a sign that you are scum and already know who the scum killed (which it what I was clearly implying in my "do you know something I don't" question.)

Your response seemed somewhat plausible, and I'm giving you some credit for helping push the cove lynch, yesterday, so I dropped it for the moment. That dosn't at all mean the question was "pointless" though; just the opposite.

This seems unnecessarily overexplained and somewhat contradictory to you "trying to lynch Cove all game" that you just brought up.
Uh, I explained why I didn't agree with Fonz's case on Scot. I also mentioned that I was voting Cove, not because of him, but because PE was so scummy. How does me saying then "I want to lynch cove because PE was scummy" contradict me saying now"I've been after PE and Cove for days"?
This says absolutely nothing but theory.
That post USES theory to argue against Mr. Chaos's attack on both Richard and Anon on the grounds they weren't nightkilled.

What, do you not think that townies should refute bad cases using theory when appropriate?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:00 pm

Post by Amished »

For Cove/PE: You didn't really do shit to get them lynched. I hope you realize that I was sarcastic.

For the Fonz-case thing: What I see is "the points (by Fonz on Scot) are somewhat valid, but I have a town read on him {scot}" (which sends a mixed message) followed by a not very .. convincing is the word I'm looking for? statement about why cove should be lynched over scot. It's not defending a town read that's relatively close to being lynched (scot), it's not heavily pushing a scum-read, it's just.. bleh.

Mr. Chaos NK-speculation-thing:
Mr. Chaos wrote:I'll need to look at Cove and PE first, but I'm really disliking the scot wagon. I'll get more on that in a bit.

Also, for discussion: Any idea why anon and richard didnt get nk'd last night? Tad bit odd there, IMO.
is not something I'd see anybody really regarding as an attack. It was for discussion, it wasn't an attack. In that post I'd argue that Chaos was more pushing cove/PE than richard/anon. Heck, by the order of Chaos' "points" both Cove/PE-scum and scot-town are more important to him in the game at that point. You pick out something that has a vanilla answer to it that makes you look active and helpful but doesn't make you town.

No, my name is not "Ed."
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:03 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Anon wrote:Okay, who is scum then?
One or two of Mr. Chaos, Amished, don.johnson, inhim, vas. I wouldn't be surprised if any of those turned up to be scum. I'm leaning towards voting don or vas currently.

Votes on Yos and dahill are pretty bad.
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by Anon »

What?! I caught Paltry Excuse. Lolwtfyos.

Amished, learn to read.

The thing here, guys, is that I dont think don is scum anymore. Im pretty sure scumbags already know Im obvtown so the vote for me is illogical from a scum entity. Its more likely don is obnoxious townie that is reaally behind in the rereading department.

Of the choices left, we need a replacement from iam. I think Chaos, amish, nacho, yos and inhim are all town. So that leaves vasu, slight read town, and people that I seriously dislike: scot and richard.

Is there anyone here that thinks scot is town here?
Stats: W/L/D

Town: 7/3/0
Mafia: 4/2/0
Other: 0/2/0
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:05 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

scotmany, narrow it down to one or two please. At this stage 5 is far too many scumreads to have.

Unvote, Vote: Scotmany
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by Amished »

OH! One more thing that just crossed my mind (and not sure why it didn't before):

@Yos: If you thought/think that Fonz was a scumkill, what's the motivation that you would say he was killed because of? Rephrased: Why was Fonz scumkilled, in your eyes?

@Scot: what of don/vas are most scummy to you then if they're your top two reads atm?

No, my name is not "Ed."
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by Amished »

@Anon: I believe that Scot is town.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by Anon »

Amished wrote:@Anon: I believe that Scot is town.
gogogo reason.

Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by Amished »

Scot and Cove were the two top wagons at the end of the day yesterday. I don't even remember the last time that I've seen two scum get wagoned to almost lynch near the end of the day.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by Amished »

To elaborate: Scum have to wagon somebody. Scot (from what I saw) was pretty much the only wagon. Scum don't really wagon themselves so I believe that scot was the mislynch target of the day.

No, my name is not "Ed."
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

RichardGHP wrote:scotmany, narrow it down to one or two please. At this stage 5 is far too many scumreads to have.

Unvote, Vote: Scotmany
No its really not. And I said that I was leaning towards Vas and don.

Amished: I think I made my opinion on Vas pretty obvious, and his contribution yesterday was horrible. He voted me, then disappeared. He never explained why he though the cove wagon was a bad wagon.

As for don, I think he is flat out lying about not contributing. The thing that gets me is that he knew that Richard was a tracker, yet he voted for anon who is a claimed vig. And the thing is he would know Anon is a vig because he claimed before richard. And him calling anon scum is horrible.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

EBWOP: He never voted for anon, but did call him scum.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by Amished »

@scot: (about don) From Richards posting after I replaced in I figured out that he was a tracker (I thought Richard say something about his own role, could've been somebody else saying it was stupid to wagon a tracker). The only reason I knew Anon was a vig (now) was after his request for doc protection I went back and looked at what would make him say that and saw the claim later.

His order of knowledge isn't that suspicious to me since in my readthrough I haven't gotten to either claim.

No, my name is not "Ed."
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Okay, but then there is also this post at the beginning of day 3 by dahill.
dahill1 wrote:I (reluctantly) believe Anon now since who I believe he killed fits with his behavior yesterday and the killing MO matches Shanba's N1 kill. Also definitely gonna have to re-examine that mipe wagon now that we have two confirmed scum on, there were likely more.
I think its fairly obvious that Anon claimed vig from that, and this was made right after don posted and voted for mr. chaos. And don.johnson replied to mr. chaos 5 posts after that post by dahill. Now I find it highly unlikely that don wouldn't have read the posts in between his post and mr. chaos's post where he replied too. I really don't see anyway where don wouldn't know that anon claimed vig.
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by Anon »

The point here is that even if don knew I was a vig, then voting for me is pretty illogical from any alignment.

I really think its more likely don is really an obnoxious townie not paying attention.

scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:37 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Just saw this:
Amished wrote:For Cove/PE: You didn't really do shit to get them lynched. I hope you realize that I was sarcastic.
That's not really true. Yos had a lot of influence on getting Cove lynched. Probably the second most.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by Amished »

scotmany12 wrote:Just saw this:
Amished wrote:For Cove/PE: You didn't really do shit to get them lynched. I hope you realize that I was sarcastic.
That's not really true. Yos had a lot of influence on getting Cove lynched. Probably the second most.
.... Really? Really really?

You look back at the end of the day when people were pushing for your lynch. You had your vote on Cove, Yos said his little spiel; then I did my scumtell thing, Nacho immediately followed me. d_j followed the two of us, Chaos (1261) saw my reasoning behind the scumtell and followed me after FoS'ing me for not explaining fully and then Anon came back from his game long suspicion (or so) as well. inHim I believe just hammered due to the vanilla claim. So, out of the 8 to lynch, I was directly responsible for me (1), nm8 (2), d_j (3), and Chaos (4). That's half. Try again unless you can prove that Yos was the reason for the other half.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by Amished »

Also: I agree with Anon about d_j as well. I didn't know about the point where dj replaced in (negating the whole seeing where dj's coming from from my perspective) but anon's reasoning is pretty solid too. There really is no way that scum would think that they could get anon lynched so why the vote?

No, my name is not "Ed."
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:50 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Anon and yos pushed PE on day 2. Anon's case was the underlying reason why he was scummy. Had it not been for the exchanged those three had during day 2, I doubt I would have found paltry the most scummiest, I probably wouldn't have voted for him, and the cove wagon might have never started.

Yeah, I don't see d_j as that logical of a player, and it wouldn't surprise me if he thought he might have been able to get anon lynched.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:52 pm

Post by Amished »

so then dj's vote would still be a nulltell and not a scumtell, wouldn't it?

No, my name is not "Ed."

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”