Square Enix Mafia I: Diabolus Erus (GAME OVER)

Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:36 pm

Post by Midnight's Sorrow »

Hmm...this may not mean much, but as I read through this thread, Glork is giving off that vibe.

You know? The one that says "Beware ye who enter here" sorta of thing.

Don't know what to make of it yet xD You people are speaking in a lingo thats hard to understand sometimes~ But no biggie. :)

Vote Count:

bill1148: 1
(JPSalazar)

Not Voting:

AdumbroDeus
Antifinity
bill1148
Chronopie
dramonic
Glork
Midnight's Sorrow
thatguy00

Lynch:

5 votes.

Deadline:

June 25th - 5:00 PM EST
W/L/O
T: 8/6/1
S: 1/4/0
O: 0/2/0
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:51 pm

Okay...Im laughing my ass off that people failed to noticed that D1hammer wasn't a hammer for TWO pages straight...LMAO

*continues reading*
W/L/O
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:04 pm

Okay...Im surprised the ones posting and switching votes at the start of D2 didn't notice the little red numbers appear in their post and go "WTF?" That's something I'm looking into.
W/L/O
thatguy00
thatguy00
Goon
thatguy00
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:35 pm

Post by thatguy00 »

My scene didn't say anything about a brown cloaked man or whatever, but it said I tried to find the source of the sound.

It said grew apathetic when I heard the sound, but then I searched for the source. I think this is what you mean.

And Kise, if I was so apathetic, I certainly wouldn't go find the source.
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:11 pm

Something to note. Out of the people that did those votes and vote changes before someone publicly noticed the red count down, Glork is the only one out of the three to not even mention anything about it.(IE: Why he did such a thing ect ect ect) He was exceptionally silent. This stands out to me out of that fiasco. -shrugs-

(Read:I'm finding him scummy in this read through. Yes sir I am~ Him and affinity)
W/L/O
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:26 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

To continue the mass-claim, I'm Ingus from FF3, a vanilla townie.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:27 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Also, gonna have VERY limited access this weekend, sorry folks.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:02 am

Post by Glork »

I request to claim last.

In the meantime, in light of the last two flips, I really only have one thing to post:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdLXfGTNBgE
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:04 am

Post by Glork »

JPSalazar wrote:
bill1148 wrote:Interesting that no one was doomed last night. I'm going to assume that our Doomer decided it is pointless to use the ability any longer, since it only gives away other player's factions. Which means Doom is defintely not a Vig or SK.
You were just so sure that nobody was Doomed. I know I was targeted because I received the PM. It's either you, Anti, or Glork that targeted me. At first, I wanted to just ignore the failed Doom and see if the Doomer would slip up, but thank you for completely blowing my attempt to wait for that to happen.

You're most likely the Doomer, primarily because you've simply poked in and out, and so many people have been receiving scummy vibes off of you for a while. I'd refer to the Inn and people's posts in there, but to be honest, I don't know if that's allowed.
Possibly silly question, but how do you KNOW that one of the three of us targeted you last night?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:07 am

Post by Glork »

Also, pro fucking tip, guys.

The lack of kill is because of Rosa -- the second doctor, not some roleblocker. ELEPHANT IN THE FUCKING ROOM.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:36 am

Post by dramonic »

So now we're waiting for antifinity.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:47 am

Post by Glork »

Antifinity's role should be very obvious, too, but I will let him claim to see if he doesn't trap himself (if he happens to be scum).

I'm actually thinking there's one Mafia and one SK left, and that's it. Not really convinced of a second four-person scumgroup anymore.

I tried to make my breadcrumbing more and more obvious as the game went on, but I'm surprised it took anybody this long to catch on. Anyway, to make it official, I'm
Rosa Farrell, Doctor

Thatguy is 99% confirmed to me for two reasons:
1) He correctly identified that he could protect himself. (Yes, I can cast cure on myself.)
2) His rolename is a very close parallel to my own rolename. (Rosa is a White Mage in FFIV, and Cedore is her son and the main protagonist of FFIV: The After Years.)

I will now 99% confirm myself to him by pointing out one thing:
If one of us "protects" Lich, we will almost certainly kill him. Soon as I read my role PM, I guessed either Lich or scum with the Zombify ability, to cover possible unintended consequences of protecting someone.

I will not claim my targets yet in case Anti is scum, but I will do so (with complete reasoning) as soon as he pops in and claims.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:50 am

Post by Glork »

Actually, there seem to be too many anti-town abilities for there to be just two scums left.

I need to think about this for a while.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:12 am

I need to learn sometimes that my gut feelings don't always mean "scum" :?, but PRs as well...:/

I'm reading through the thread still, and a few things come off as strange to me on Affinity.

#1 being the blatant denial that Zodiark could be
Captain
Rygdea (Vanilla) when in fact that is what she was. Not knowing that isn't what I see as suspicious, but how he went about it. It seemed to eagar beaver, considering that she didn't claim a PR but a Vanilla role, which is usually easy to claim am I right?

#2 His blatant role fishing that made him a prime suspect in day 2, and him shrugging it off like nothing.

#3 My gut feeling, but when does gut ever work here as a reason eh?

There's probably more, but I'm still reading ;) I'll get there~
W/L/O
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:55 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Glork wrote:Actually, there seem to be too many anti-town abilities for there to be just two scums left.

I need to think about this for a while.
Question, why?

A role-blocking SK and a dooming mafia, seems to make sense.

My main concern is, "what if we're wrong?", cause if bill is right, it is lylo atm.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:11 am

Post by Glork »

Doom being a Lich ability would still create the problem of multiple kills in one group, as there were two nights with both Electrocution and Doom.

Roleblocking SK isn't completely unreasonable, except I don't think it fits in with the slate of abilities over the course of the game.

I'm a little preoccupied, so I don't have time for a complete night action analysis. Plus, any such analysis is moot until Anti claims. Once we have all claims and actions in, I'll compile a COMPLETE list of all claims, known and unknown actions (with targets, where applicable), and I'll take a look at what loose ends we need to tie up.

At any rate, I think we have to assume that today is LyLo. Worst-case scenario, it is Lich + SK left, and we're not completely fucked. But if we assume Lich + SK and there turns out to be a second mafia, we could easily lose today.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
bill1148
bill1148
Goon
bill1148
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:23 am

Post by bill1148 »

3. JPSalazar (Galuf Baldesian [commuter] = Scarmiglione/Lich)
8. Glork (Rosa from FF4 [doctor])
10. Chronopie (claimed Leviathan [Vig] - highly doubtful = Cagnazzo)
11. Antifinity
13. thatguy00 (Ceodore Harvey [doctor])
16. bill1148 (Regent Cid from FF9 [vanilla])
17. dramonic (Ramuh [lightning based])
19. AdumbroDeus (Ingus from FF3 [vanilla])
21. Midnight's Sorrow (Rikken from FF12 [vanilla])
bill1148
bill1148
Goon
bill1148
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:27 am

Post by bill1148 »

I can't decide whether thatguy was actually blocked last night or if he was hit with something else. Everyone else who has been Roleblocked has said they were visted by a "brown cloaked" man (Anti, Devo, Kdub).
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:53 am

Post by Kise »

bill1148 wrote:
@Kise
Did Meh die with 6 votes yesterday or 7? And if he died with 6, is it because the lynch vote majority necessary to lynch went down to 6 due to Devo's death?
He died with six votes required to lynch, due to Devo's death decreasing the threshold.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:59 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Glork wrote:Doom being a Lich ability would still create the problem of multiple kills in one group, as there were two nights with both Electrocution and Doom.

Roleblocking SK isn't completely unreasonable, except I don't think it fits in with the slate of abilities over the course of the game.

I'm a little preoccupied, so I don't have time for a complete night action analysis. Plus, any such analysis is moot until Anti claims. Once we have all claims and actions in, I'll compile a COMPLETE list of all claims, known and unknown actions (with targets, where applicable), and I'll take a look at what loose ends we need to tie up.

At any rate, I think we have to assume that today is LyLo. Worst-case scenario, it is Lich + SK left, and we're not completely fucked. But if we assume Lich + SK and there turns out to be a second mafia, we could easily lose today.

Quick thoughts, what if doom is balanced like an ability instead of a kill?

We seem to have a lot of strong pro-town abilities, though my concern there is "what's his kill flavor?".

Still, if it's another mafia we're dealing with, there is no vig. Lynching our claimed vig might be the safest move. Chrono claimed to be the drowning vig, right? Killing him seems like a pretty safe move, if he flips scum, we're dealing with 2 mafias.

If he flips town and there's a SK on the loose though, it's still a strong disadvantage.

If he flips indie, we laugh, we dance, we party, and we've got only 1 scum left.

Thoughts?
bill1148
bill1148
Goon
bill1148
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:04 am

Post by bill1148 »

AdumbroDeus wrote:
Glork wrote:Doom being a Lich ability would still create the problem of multiple kills in one group, as there were two nights with both Electrocution and Doom.

Quick thoughts, what if doom is balanced like an ability instead of a kill?

We seem to have a lot of strong pro-town abilities, though my concern there is "what's his kill flavor?".

Still, if it's another mafia we're dealing with, there is no vig. Lynching our claimed vig might be the safest move. Chrono claimed to be the drowning vig, right? Killing him seems like a pretty safe move, if he flips scum, we're dealing with 2 mafias.

If he flips town and there's a SK on the loose though, it's still a strong disadvantage.

If he flips indie, we laugh, we dance, we party, and we've got only 1 scum left.

Thoughts?
Lynching Chrono
is
the safest move. If he's really a Vig, there there is likely no second scum, but an SK.

That said, I'd much prefer to get rid of our Doomer or our brown cloaked fellow ASAP (Doom not so much, since it is pretty useless at this point) And Chrono would fit into neither category, I just think he's a scum member who's been submitting kills.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:21 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

While that would be nice, we have no way of knowing which one we're getting, and if you're right, we pick the wrong mafia, we're sunk.

If we kill chrono, we can confirm one way or another, since it's impossible that it occurred with him being a vig, and he'd HAVE to be on the other scum team for it to work, too many teamkills.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:35 am

Post by Chronopie »

So we're just waiting for anti to claim, then we can work out our best move.

@Mod: prod anti please.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
bill1148
bill1148
Goon
bill1148
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:22 am

Post by bill1148 »

AdumbroDeus wrote:While that would be nice, we have no way of knowing which one we're getting, and if you're right, we pick the wrong mafia, we're sunk.

If we kill chrono, we can confirm one way or another, since it's impossible that it occurred with him being a vig, and he'd HAVE to be on the other scum team for it to work, too many teamkills.
A few things:

a) There is no guarantee that Lich exists; it's still possible that there are two scum groups of 3, which would mean one scum group has already been eliminated.

b) If JP is really Lich, he'd likely be forced to reveal it at -1 or -2 (since he'd lose if lynched). Bascially, it would be a "temporary" save for him, since our top priority at this point is to kill the un-touched second scum and lynching Lich results in Town's loss.

c) If JP isn't Lich but is in fact Scarmiglione, it would be pretty dumb for him to fake-claim being Lich. Killing Lich (if he exists) right now is second-scum's top priority, and if/when they kll him, it's auto-lynch for Scarmiglione (the likely roleblocker).
bill1148
bill1148
Goon
bill1148
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:23 am

Post by bill1148 »

Something else I'd like to note is that there is a
slight
possibility that either Glork OR thatguy is lying. Will elaborate on this depending on Anti's claim.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”