Newbie 955 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Korejora
Korejora
Goon
Korejora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:00 am

Post by Korejora »

MrSandman (2) Hoopla, RayFrost
Exemption (2) Adaham, LobsterCatapult
kingcod (3) MrSandman, redtail896, Me=Weird
Hoopla (2) kingcod, Exemption
9 alive; 5 votes lynch.

The deadline is temporarily extended, as a player is currently marked as inactive.
Last edited by Korejora on Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exemption
Exemption
Goon
Exemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:31 am

Post by Exemption »

Ty when is it extended to? or is that yet to be decided?
Show
Don't go over it, Don't go under it, Don't go round it, Go through it.

Side/Wins/Losses
Town/1/0

Scum/1/0

SK/0/0
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by LobsterCatapult »

who is inactive?
ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll do what I can to help yÔÇÖall. But, the gameÔÇÖs out there, and itÔÇÖs play or get played. That simpleÔÇØ ÔÇô Omar
~LC
Exemption
Exemption
Goon
Exemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:45 pm

Post by Exemption »

Lots of people aparently :(
Show

Side/Wins/Losses
Town/1/0

Scum/1/0

SK/0/0
kingcod
kingcod
Goon
kingcod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:46 am

Post by kingcod »

*jumps about a bit to prove evidence of activity*
Town: 2W/1L
Scum: 0W/0L

"when two events happen simultaneously pertaining to the same object of enquiry we must always pay strict attention"
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:58 am

Post by Me=Weird »

Anyone want some good logic? Here it is. The world
isn't
going to end in 2012, because there's no reason for it to except the mayan calendar, and it would just start a new cycle, not end the world. You say the mayans accurately predicted the world would end now? LOL hahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's so funny. How could anyone have known the world was going to end, even advanced ancient civilizations?
Oh, you wanted game relevant logic? Sorry. There might be a case on exemption later, though.
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
Korejora
Korejora
Goon
Korejora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:16 pm

Post by Korejora »

Equinox replaces MrSandman.

The new deadline is in about four days.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by Equinox »

Hello. I am the replacement.

Unvote

I'll run through the thread and post stuff sometime within the next four days. :D

Hi Me=Weird and RayFrost. Nice to see you two again.

Hi redtail896. I know you from Hangman.

...oh, dang. I have a wagon on me. Time to pay extra attention. I sorta relish the thought of convincing RayFrost off my wagon. >_>

Be back in a few.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:18 pm

Post by Hoopla »

VOTE: EXEMPTION
Exemption
Exemption
Goon
Exemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:07 pm

Post by Exemption »

Sorry will be away for the weekend. Will be back late sunday. :(
Show

Side/Wins/Losses
Town/1/0

Scum/1/0

SK/0/0
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:26 am

Post by redtail896 »

Hoopla wrote:
So, I can almost agree with this, but I'm curious why. Do you agree with what kingcod and I said? Do you have suspicions of your own?
You can just call me Redtail. If I could, I'd change my name to that anyway.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:12 am

Post by Equinox »

I was going to post a wall of notes, but then I realized that it's ridiculously easy to misrepresent people who post walls. I'll only mention stuff that I think is worth mentioning in a smaller post.

I would be happy with a kingcod or Exemption lynch today.

kingcod, I realize you're frustrated because we're accusing you of not adding anything new to your cases. However, I get the feeling you're just riding on what's popular. I know, I'm recycling the cases of a bunch of other people, but they really do have a point when they say you're "watching where the wind blows." This is not pro-town behavior.

Exemption, your predecessor had the same problem. Crazy amounts of vote-hopping, mostly on popular targets, and I didn't like his case on sailorpallas. Additionally, he became fairly defensive after a while. I'm willing to wait to hear your side of things, though.

Hoopla has said a few things that made me wonder whose side she's on. I don't want to lynch Hoopla today, however. The inactivity aspect might not be 955-related, so I'm not considering that at the moment.

I think I'm going to have trouble reading RayFrost. It's not too big of a problem right now, since he hasn't posted much, but I fear my meta read of him is going to affect how I perceive the things he says here.

Back to my predecessor's vote.

Vote: kingcod

Noteworthy quotes:
Adaham wrote:Considering this is a Newbie-game, I´m more concerned of those that have obviously more experience and exploit the mistakes of the Newbs for their own purposes.
+500 points for this quote. It's probably less of a problem in Newbie Games because the ICs have a responsibility to teach, which forbids them from playing the manipulation card, but it's still worth remembering while reading... especially when we're dealing with players who have experience off-site.
LobsterCatapult wrote:maybe she is making up the stats.
IIRC, Hoopla cannot do that as an IC, as that would be lying about game mechanics. I still wouldn't automatically trust the statistics, though (but I can attest that other data on newbie games back Hoopla's data, so it should be okay).
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:49 am

Post by Me=Weird »

Hmmm. Exemption says hoopla is null, and
in the same post
votes her. How contradictory. Also, implies he prefers short posts to long ones, but makes long posts. How hypocritical. However a exemption lynch isn't going to happen today and I prefer a kingcod one, and that isn't enough for us to lynch him. But I will
Fos: Exemption
him.

Hi Equi, it's us three again! You, Me, and Ray. For those who don't know what we're talking about. Extra points to anyone who can find the link!
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by redtail896 »

Oh, sorry, I forgot to say: Hi Equinox! Nice word with Bellerophon. Good to have you here.
Equinox wrote:Hoopla has said a few things that made me wonder whose side she's on. I don't want to lynch Hoopla today, however. The inactivity aspect might not be 955-related, so I'm not considering that at the moment.

I think I'm going to have trouble reading RayFrost. It's not too big of a problem right now, since he hasn't posted much, but I fear my meta read of him is going to affect how I perceive the things he says here.
I'm okay with this opinion on Hoopla. I'm willing to admit that I'm more suspicious of her than everyone else is, and we can talk about that on Day 2. At this point, we need to come to a consensus, and I think on D1 it won't be Hoopla. I also agree with the RayFrost comment; I'd like to see a little bit more, to create some sort of a judgement call. The fact that he's still voting for Sandman (now you Equinox) unsettles me somehow. Is that really what you think Ray?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:53 am

Post by Hoopla »

redtail896 wrote:
Hoopla wrote:
So, I can almost agree with this, but I'm curious why. Do you agree with what kingcod and I said? Do you have suspicions of your own?
Yes. I can assure you it is mostly a 'god, please let this day be over' vote. I like the persona that makes up this wagon which gives me better feelings about it. That is of large importance to me.

But seriously, I am crying. I have never been involved in such a lacklustre, apathetic town. I forewarned the danger of hesitating to lynch early in the day, because it does this. Because of the speed of this game, we have gone through a slew of replacements which slows the game down even more.

At this point, I will lynch Exemption, Equinox, kingcod straight away, right now, just so we can have SOMETHING. Please, I appeal to the town, reconfirm your vote, or place a new one in your next post. This is getting to the point of being ridiculous. The only thing that will inject life into this game is a lynch. Lets do it.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:03 am

Post by Equinox »

I'm not moving my vote, since I'm happy enough with it... unless we need a hammer vote close to deadline. I'll try to be here in case we don't make a decision.

Hoopla, are you suggesting my lynch because of my predecessor or because I already have a wagon (unpopular or otherwise)? Plenty of people seem to be against it, yet you persist.

I think we either need prods or a move toward consensus. I'm seeing different camps here, and we can get majority is if the lurkers/AWOLs wake up and join a wagon, unless we can somehow come to an agreement.
kingcod
kingcod
Goon
kingcod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:03 am

Post by kingcod »

Come on people. Wake up. Hoopla has just voted with no evidence or justification, has failed to respond to at least two requests for clarification as to her motives, and is cloaked in some kind of lame excuse (not put forward by Hoopla I would stress) about being busy in another game. Think about it: if a player is inactive why should they be voting?

@Equinox. Welcome!
It beggars believe that my play is
riding on whats popular
. I backed off a popular wagon because I wasn't convinced (Sandman), I've lead a vote on Hoopla, and I have been extremely careful where I point my accusations. Bad call.

"when two events happen simultaneously pertaining to the same object of enquiry we must always pay strict attention"
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:14 am

Post by Equinox »

kingcod, that was the impression I got while going through the thread. Since I read this game in one go, I'm more likely to consider the whole than weigh recent events more than others. I can't say I'm impressed with your reaction just now (sounded kind of like how politicians present themselves in voting season... not comfortable), but I'll take a closer look at what you've been doing more recently.
kingcod
kingcod
Goon
kingcod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:34 pm

Post by kingcod »

Equinox - You will appreciate being at L1 I really need to resume for you why I am not a good lynch, hence the three points.

I picked up Hoopla's post after I had posted before - whilst I agree with Hoopla on the need to make progress, the appeal to emotion of a lynch for a lynch's sake doesn't sit well.

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by Equinox »

I just got home and saw this:
kingcod wrote:I have been extremely careful where I point my accusations.
Why did you feel the need to be "extremely careful" with your accusations?

I'll get back to this game in a few hours once I get some RL business done.
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:38 pm

Post by redtail896 »

Hoopla wrote:
redtail896 wrote:
Hoopla wrote:
Yes. I can assure you it is mostly a 'god, please let this day be over' vote. I like the persona that makes up this wagon which gives me better feelings about it. That is of large importance to me.

But seriously, I am crying. I have never been involved in such a lacklustre, apathetic town. I forewarned the danger of hesitating to lynch early in the day, because it does this. Because of the speed of this game, we have gone through a slew of replacements which slows the game down even more.

At this point, I will lynch Exemption, Equinox, kingcod straight away, right now, just so we can have SOMETHING. Please, I appeal to the town, reconfirm your vote, or place a new one in your next post. This is getting to the point of being ridiculous. The only thing that will inject life into this game is a lynch. Lets do it.
If you want the day to end this badly, vote kingcod (which you say that you're happy to do); that would put s/he at L-1.
kingcod wrote:It beggars believe that my play is riding on whats popular. I backed off a popular wagon because I wasn't convinced (Sandman), I've lead a vote on Hoopla, and I have been extremely careful where I point my accusations. Bad call.
You backed off of the wagon when pushed, and when it was generally fading anyway. You started going after Hoopla after MrSandman, Adaham, and I criticized his play (and after I voted for him). So my apologies, but from our point of view it seems like you simply go with the general flow.
Adaham
Adaham
Townie
Adaham
Townie
Townie

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:57 am

Post by Adaham »

Hi everybody, posting from my mobile, just to show I'm alive. Very sorry for the absence, I'll explain later. Please keep this open for a couple more hours, I'll be home in 6-8 hours and will make a bigger post with a vote with it. If somebody pouts Hoopla at L1, I'll have to think who is the better choice. Sorry once more for my absence and silence. Just a few hours more, promise.
Exemption
Exemption
Goon
Exemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:43 am

Post by Exemption »

Me=Weird wrote:Hmmm. Exemption says hoopla is null, and
in the same post
votes her. How contradictory. Also, implies he prefers short posts to long ones, but makes long posts. How hypocritical. However a exemption lynch isn't going to happen today and I prefer a kingcod one, and that isn't enough for us to lynch him. But I will
Fos: Exemption
him.

Hi Equi, it's us three again! You, Me, and Ray. For those who don't know what we're talking about. Extra points to anyone who can find the link!
Lol I'm a hypocrite for
preferring
short posts but making a long one. Yes I do prefer short ones, however sacrificing information just to make a short post is just plane bad play. Also I thought I said she was both tells but yes I did vote for her on a null tell. Mainly because I think she would be the best lynch.

However today seems to be the last day we have so I will
unvote, vote kingcod

we need a lynch no matter what.

sorry I can't defend his actions Equinox
Show

Side/Wins/Losses
Town/1/0

Scum/1/0

SK/0/0
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:09 am

Post by Equinox »

kingcod is now at L-1! Don't hammer unless you're absolutely sure we don't need to discuss this any further.
Exemption wrote:However today seems to be the last day we have
We still have 31 hours... slightly over a day.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:12 am

Post by Equinox »

Mod: Requesting prod of LobsterCatapult and RayFrost.

I'll be back with something more substantial in a bit.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”