ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:01 pm

Post by ortolan »

Mina wrote:Question to players who've played with ort before: is he the one you'd have recruited from that list, as scum or town? The one game I've seen him play (Gonzo Mafia), he was lynched on D1 as scum.
That's only where I play with retards who will inevitably attempt to lynch me day one regardless of alignment (like Vi and the bunch of plebs in this game apparently.) I think I've been lynched day one/two in like the last 6 games I've played, it's not because anyone's good at reading me but more because this site just seems to be played out like some retarded popularity contest these days, which makes games completely unenjoyable for me.

For the record I was joking about whoever it was I claimed a guilty on (I don't even remember that moron I was arguing with's name). But he's annoying and or scum and should get lynched anyway, and I don't care if you lynch me first, seeing as the speds on this site seem to attempt to lynch me constantly (really says something for supposed "scumhunting" ability when you can guess the lynch deterministically i.e. there is no scumhunting whatsoever present on this site). So yer Kinetic can replace me as you can tell I obviously hate playing mafia on this site by now cause it's a complete circle jerk.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:30 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Thing is, I'm not joking, you can try to lynch me if you want, good luck :)
Also, just received info that hey, the Old Ones aren't as bad as we thought.
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:43 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

pee on you" - Chesskid

ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:54 pm

Post by ooba »

Tar wrote:First: I'm going to go ahead and claim most (I'd rather keep one or two parts of my role under wraps for the time being) of my role. See, I'm technically not town - I'm a Mafia Godfather lyncher. If I personally eliminate the Mafia Godfather (either by helping lynch him or by killing him personally), I win. If somebody else gets rid of the Mafia Godfather within three days, I become town. Otherwise, I die and lose. Of course, this means that I'm not going to be relevant to any win condition after Night 3 (except possibly the Town win condition, but I won't be alive regardless) unless I'm lying - and that would be stupid, because I would be the automatic Day 4 lynch - so I see no reason to waste any kills/lynches on me beforehand.
Not sure if DTM shares the same wincon and conditions as tar; but I am guessing that's the case. Just realized that our best play is to not allow Tar and DTM anywhere near a lynch. If we lynch the GF without them, then its two extra town -> might give us that extra mislynch.

Con: You'll have the lingering doubt if they were scum gambiting in the first place - which I think is unlikely IMO.

SK wrote:What about this part of your case?
That's what I was saying - "OP says worship is good for that particular group getting it". SpyreX's claim that worship=delight=great things does not contrast with that info. We can assume that other endless and other deities in GOO (scum or town) will get similar powerups.
My point was you cannot derive worship wincons from the OP; Hence, that is a sign of inside info.

@Fate
, where'd you get the idea of worship wincons?

Since a Mina wagon looks like its never happening. And I don't buy the ort wagon.
Unvote.Vote:Albatross
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:42 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

V/LA from playing games from today until early Saturday morning. I'll still be around for modding, but that's it.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:48 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Caaaaan you feeeeeel the looooooove toniiiight?
CryMeARiver wrote:Thing is, I'm not joking, you can try to lynch me if you want, good luck :)
I'd love to call this bluff. But I want more dead Chronos.

You "just" received info? You're an unkillable information role? lol?
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:50 am

Post by DTMaster »

Fuck.

@Ooba.
I told you. Lynchers in this game = double edged sword. If we lynch the GF, scum lose their
generally known as a kill immune and investigation immune person
and lynchers leave the game.

If we have only scum killing, thats a 4 person turn over (1 from GF, 2 leave with lynchers, 1 from NK if it goes through).

5 if we have more then one killing role (highly likely) and it increases by 1 per extra killer.

Finally:
Ooba wrote:Not sure if DTM shares the same wincon and conditions as tar; but I am guessing that's the case. Just realized that our best play is to not allow Tar and DTM anywhere near a lynch. If we lynch the GF without them, then its two extra town -> might give us that extra mislynch.
I don't like this. If we are true claiming lynchers, and the GF dies without us. If one of us flips you gained
confirmed town
why would you want that as an extra mislynch? You'd gain a meat shield because:

a lyncher who fails to lynch correctly becomes confirmed town instead.

It's better play to deal with lyncher issue early, and kill the GF early, rather then leave the lynchers late in the game to have the 4+ player turn over for scum.
Hence Tar's time limit.

Scum hunting, then trying to avoid lynchers voting is just a waste of time and makes your scum hunting totally ineffective. If you are going to force the lyncher issue by lynching us, well you've become all sorts of scummy.

That gives the same result as a 4 person turn over as if you killed the GF normally, but wastes two lynches. So deal: we'll be scum hunting, and we'll be voting.

@Ort
V.V. Frustrated townie? This is a blow up post. If I didn't find your posts in the GD i'd believe it alone. This is your only game that I could find, and you died for idiotic reasons in the other ongoing game (man who lynches uncounterclaimed masons >>).

Anyways. I get good vibes from this. I see why Ort is frustrated since in the previous ongoing game, he got lynched for very, very, very, very, idiotic reasons.

@SK
I don't see how this argument is better for CMAR, then Ort.

CMAR CASE and ORT CASE: We have evidence that both players posted outside of the game, during the game. We called both out on it.

Some how in CMAR: He's just catching up, even though he posted in games. Other games. 3 of them ongoing. 2 of them just finished recently. This isn't active lurking.

Somehow in Ort: He's active lurking, lynch lynch , even though he only posted in GD.

@CMAR
I don't see it. Then we have CMAR soft claiming immortal.

Dude, if you are seriously town immortal, don't soft claim it. It's like saying you're SK, and scum shouldn't shoot you. I'd rather see you soft claim doctor, and soak in the scum kills at night if you're unkillable, unlynchable, blah blah blah. Totally defeats the purpose of that role from a town angle.

I retract my vote statement. I don't see it, the scum in Ort. I'd investigate it to be sure since I haven't seen scum AtE very often, but I've read one of the games he's been in. >>;;

@Mod

Can I link the ongoing game which I talk about, Ortlan is dead. However it does contain players in this game that are active in that game.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:51 am

Post by dramonic »

No you can't DTM.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:02 am

Post by Mina »

DTM, I agree that CMAR (and dramonic for that matter) are guiltier of ignoring this game than ort. But for the record, this is
exactly
how ortolan acted (throwing a temper tantrum over being lynched for "personal" reasons and resorting to ad hominems) in Gonzo.

So ortolan, you're not going to so much as address your discrepancy on ABR? Or make a case? Or explain why you were ignoring this game? Or tell us just how you joined the game or if you were recruited? Come on, if you're town, you'll be giving us a confirmed townie even if you do get lynched!

For the record, someone who makes a post as immature as 875 should take a good hard look in the mirror if he's wondering why he's getting lynched all the time.

Speaking of lurkers, dramonic, you never answered this:
Mina wrote:Dramonic, I'm just curious. Who are your suspects right now, other than ortolan?
Or, you know, this from pages ago:
Mina wrote:@dramonic: why did you vote for me, considering you didn't mention me in your one post of impressions?
Going to take a shower now, but I'll try to finish a response to ABR before I leave for work today. Oh, will it be a response.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:29 am

Post by SpyreX »

Tar wrote:SpyreX: Would you describe deity stuff as being closer to Outsiders in Legacy of the Ancients or Minbari in Babylon 5: Severed Dreams?
I'm not familiar enough with either to say for sure but as PYS used a mechanic similar to the Outsiders I'd definitely say its not the same (points mechanism).

Ort hangs.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:41 am

Post by manho »

i also agree that CMAR is scummier than ort. CMAR is actively lurking, while ort seems forgotten it. and i don't believe that claim.

vote: Albatross
(CMAR)

dramonic seems like playing with his scum meta. i'll check it to see if i recall right.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:48 am

Post by SpyreX »

What in the hell is this?

I'm sorry. I like Ort. However, ignoring a game, coming in and blaming the players for noticing and then picking up your ball and going home does not a derail make.

Ort hangs. CMAR can get shot. Or dealt with later.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:55 am

Post by Parama »

manho, look at the very top of this page. Obviously Orto hasn't forgotten this game. He just hates all of us for catching him as scum every time.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:01 am

Post by ooba »

DTMaster wrote:Fuck.

@Ooba.
I told you. Lynchers in this game = double edged sword. If we lynch the GF, scum lose their
generally known as a kill immune and investigation immune person
and lynchers leave the game.

If we have only scum killing, thats a 4 person turn over (1 from GF, 2 leave with lynchers, 1 from NK if it goes through).

5 if we have more then one killing role (highly likely) and it increases by 1 per extra killer.

Finally:
Ooba wrote:Not sure if DTM shares the same wincon and conditions as tar; but I am guessing that's the case. Just realized that our best play is to not allow Tar and DTM anywhere near a lynch. If we lynch the GF without them, then its two extra town -> might give us that extra mislynch.
I don't like this. If we are true claiming lynchers, and the GF dies without us. If one of us flips you gained
confirmed town
why would you want that as an extra mislynch? You'd gain a meat shield because:

a lyncher who fails to lynch correctly becomes confirmed town instead.

It's better play to deal with lyncher issue early, and kill the GF early, rather then leave the lynchers late in the game to have the 4+ player turn over for scum.
Hence Tar's time limit.

Scum hunting, then trying to avoid lynchers voting is just a waste of time and makes your scum hunting totally ineffective. If you are going to force the lyncher issue by lynching us, well you've become all sorts of scummy.

That gives the same result as a 4 person turn over as if you killed the GF normally, but wastes two lynches. So deal: we'll be scum hunting, and we'll be voting.
I understand your 4+ turnover enforced early by time limit is a good setup mechanic thing. My argument:

- Assume 1 GF + 8 Mafia. That leaves 2 lynchers and 17 town. (Assume no third party - reduces number of variables to consider)
- We lynch CMAR today who happens to be the GF
Case i: If you and tar were on the lynch, end of D1 we have:
8 Mafia, 17 town. (Since you leave the game)
Case ii: If you and tar were not on the lynch, end of D1 we have:
8 Mafia, 17 town, 2 mostly confirmed town. (Since you convert to town because somebody else took care of the GF for you)

I am not proposing to force this issue by threatening to lynch you since that's stupid. (Waste's 2 lynches and gives scum 2 nights to play with).

I just ask you this - "If CMAR is indeed the GF, would you like to leave the game after fulfilling your wincon. Or would you like to continue in the game (after already having secured a moral victory) - after all I'm sure you signed up due to one or both of these factors:
a) It's a kinetic game. Lets have fun trying to guess\derive the setup.
b) Great player list. Lets have fun trying to spot scum slipping up (or) fool good players.
I would have chosen the later since I don't want to miss out on more fun.

So my proposal: Scum hunt. Don't vote. Continue in the game for longer and have more fun.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:06 am

Post by Mina »

mina's recent posts are really townie. so unvote

i'll read ortolan later.
so ort is prodded. i'll wait for another day for him to show up then.
i also agree that CMAR is scummier than ort. CMAR is actively lurking, while ort seems forgotten it. and i don't believe that claim.

vote: Albatross (CMAR)
Something does not fit here. Something does not fit at all. What makes you think ortolan had forgotten about this game, but CMAR is active lurking? I want quotes.

Also, reread manho in ISO. Compare the ratio of his posts about the theory of worshipping to his posts about actual suspects. Oh, and you never gave that Iec ISO read you promised, either.

My buddy senses are tingling.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:12 am

Post by SpyreX »

Ohh what a world if Ort is a GF that'd be sweetest juice because this is just ridiculous.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:29 am

Post by Iecerint »

Yeah, Parama and Mina beat me to it @ manho. Post makes no sense.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:13 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Mighty Orbots wrote:Caaaaan you feeeeeel the looooooove toniiiight?
CryMeARiver wrote:Thing is, I'm not joking, you can try to lynch me if you want, good luck :)
I'd love to call this bluff. But I want more dead Chronos.

You "just" received info? You're an unkillable information role? lol?
If calling my bluff means trying to lynch me, you can go right ahead and do that :)
No, I'm not an information role to that degree, I just clarified something with the mod.
@CMAR
I don't see it. Then we have CMAR soft claiming immortal.

Dude, if you are seriously town immortal, don't soft claim it. It's like saying you're SK, and scum shouldn't shoot you. I'd rather see you soft claim doctor, and soak in the scum kills at night if you're unkillable, unlynchable, blah blah blah. Totally defeats the purpose of that role from a town angle.
No, no, no, normally I would have done that. But not in this game. And I have reason for EVERYTHING I do. Trust me, it's better to get it out of the way on Day 1.
DTM, I agree that CMAR (and dramonic for that matter) are guiltier of ignoring this game than ort. But for the record, this is exactly how ortolan acted (throwing a temper tantrum over being lynched for "personal" reasons and resorting to ad hominems) in Gonzo.
Vote me then. The only reason I'd disagree with it is it takes away a chance to lynch scum for the town, but heck, it proves me innocent :)

vote: Albatross (CMAR)

dramonic seems like playing with his scum meta. i'll check it to see if i recall right.
Just keep lynching, lynching, lynching :)
But, you're wrong. It's the other way around. See, I have more posts, and most of them came at the very beginning. He has 4 posts, and they are spread out to include the entire game. Hence, I forgot and he's the lurker.
What in the hell is this?

I'm sorry. I like Ort. However, ignoring a game, coming in and blaming the players for noticing and then picking up your ball and going home does not a derail make.

Ort hangs. CMAR can get shot. Or dealt with later.
Shoot me for all I care :) It will be a wasted shot :roll:
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:23 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

CMAR, we can just lynch you again from Limbo. You realize that right? And you may have more posts but they're just as vapid.

Woo, I like that word. Vapid. I need to use that one more.

I'm gonna jump the gun here a bit. Troll can chastise me later. Mina, we're still looking forward to the ABR post.

unvote: manho
(Chronopie)
vote: CMAR
(Ort)

No, we don't reward temper tantrums. Sorry.

P.S. Someone shoot Chrono for me TIA.
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:26 am

Post by Parama »

Was that hammer? I sure hope so.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:27 am

Post by Iecerint »

Hmm? Did you just hammer?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:28 am

Post by SpyreX »

Mmmm hammer.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:29 am

Post by Mina »

I doubt ort is the GF because of how easily this wagon has gone through.

Okay, ort. I'm leaving for work now. You have until I get back to claim your recruiter before I hammer.
-------

I'll try to keep this short because I'm late for work, but ABR, instead of using lame insults like "witless cockroach" to try to bully people out of attacking you, why don't you respond to this post by Starbuck:
Starbuck wrote:
On ABR
ABR wrote:The thing is, Plum, that I find Iecerint pushing a false case on Mina. It doesn't seem like legitimate scumhunting to me. IDK maybe it's because I unconsciously see similarities in the style of play from Iecerint in this game and when he was scum with me before.
Can you elaborate on this?

Where did this happen?
Why does it make you feel this way?
You ignored this, and just unvoted.

I found Plum, SK, and ABR all opportunistic in their interaction with Iecerint re: him voting CMAR over ort (his reasons made sense to me). But just noticed this:
None. Oh, ortolan got recruited and CMAR didn't. Woooh.
ABR, do you realize that the recruitment is a point for ort's scumminess? What does this have to do with CMAR? Are you attacking Iecerint for voting CMAR over ort and defending ort at the same time?

Oh, and this sounds familiar:
ABR wrote:Could be ortolan just forgot about this game.
I'm certainly not ready to lynch you today because of your claim, but that doesn't mean I can't suspect you. You're acting like aimless Fables!Scum!ABR.

ABR, do you suspect ortolan?
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:30 am

Post by Mina »

I'll hammer when I get back from work (in about six or seven hours). I'd just like a claim first.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:31 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Mighty Orbots wrote:CMAR, we can just lynch you again from Limbo. You realize that right? And you may have more posts but they're just as vapid.

Woo, I like that word. Vapid. I need to use that one more.

I'm gonna jump the gun here a bit. Troll can chastise me later. Mina, we're still looking forward to the ABR post.

unvote: manho
(Chronopie)
vote: CMAR
(Ort)

No, we don't reward temper tantrums. Sorry.

P.S. Someone shoot Chrono for me TIA.
Not planning on going to Limbo :)
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”