NY 114: Mafia vs. Werewolves (Game Over)

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Vote: Sevis

I didn't like his play yesterday. And I've looked more at him, and he's still scummy. And though Vi being town doesn't make Sevis scum, it doesn't hurt his case, as Vi often has good reads. And it's not like he's not SCUMMY.

I think that we ought to leave MS for some other time. But I won't be upset with a lynch on him.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Dr. Robotnik
Dr. Robotnik
Townie
Dr. Robotnik
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 2:12 pm

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

I was under the assumption that since SGR was blocked according to nhammen, either he was mafia or nhammen was. Correct me if I'm wrong?
snoPING AS usual I see
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 2:13 pm

Post by Parama »

That's the idiotic assumption that too many people seem to be making, which is NOT TRUE AT ALL FFS
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 2:19 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Parama wrote:That's the idiotic assumption that too many people seem to be making, which is NOT TRUE AT ALL FFS
That's true, but since there is both Mafia AND Werewolves, it means that either:

A) nhammen is Town and roleblocked the Werewolf giving the kill
B) nhammen is Mafia and roleblocked the Werewolf giving the kill
C) The Werewolves didn't send in a Kill
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Or that there's a doctor, or a jailkeeper, or someone NK immune, etc. I don't think that we can really make any assumptions about it at this point. Maybe later in the game.
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by Parama »

Ani, if you read the flavor, you'd see that the Vi kill was made by the werewolves <_<
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by Unsight »

Parama wrote:Guys, the NK could easily be an attempt to frame Sevis, though I admit he's pretty scummy.

I would say MS is probably town because of the quick bandwagon but in a 2-faction game who knows?

However SSBF is looking mighty scummy again, trying to push the lynch without giving any real good reasons.
Vote: SSBF
. Why you guys made me change my vote D1, I will never know.
Considering how bandwagon happy you were with your vote yesterday, it's a bit odd to see you avoiding both the major wagons today.

What read do you get on MS from his ISO?

What are your thoughts on SGR from his ISO?

And who made your change your vote on Day 1?
Games are meant to be fun.
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by Unsight »

Pomegranate wrote:
Vote: Sevis

I didn't like his play yesterday. And I've looked more at him, and he's still scummy. And though Vi being town doesn't make Sevis scum, it doesn't hurt his case, as Vi often has good reads. And it's not like he's not SCUMMY.

I think that we ought to leave MS for some other time. But I won't be upset with a lynch on him.
If you "won't be upset with a lynch on him" then why should we leave him for another time?
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 3:27 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Because a Sevis lynch is
better
right now, IMO.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 3:27 pm

Post by Unsight »

Dry-fit wrote:ffs guys. SGRaaize is at L-2(if animorpherv's vote counted). I suggest some of you unvote. This wagon is super scummy.
Dr. Rootnik wrote:IMO, if nhammen is lying, he's guaranteed dead tomorrow.
Unvote:Timeater
How so?
Dr. Robotnik wrote:Pretty clear to me--Vote:SGRaizze
What's clear to you?

vote: Dr. Robotnik
. Also up for an nhammen or MS lynch.
Why are you "up for an nhammen or MS lynch?"

What makes Dr. Robotnik your lynch of choice?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by Parama »

Unsight wrote: Considering how bandwagon happy you were with your vote yesterday, it's a bit odd to see you avoiding both the major wagons today.
I don't follow much.
1. I started the SSBF wagon
2. I started the nhammen wagon
3. I had already expressed suspicion of Chrono prior to my vote on him

I'm not a sheep. If you haven't figured this out by now then you're not paying attention.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by Unsight »

Pomegranate wrote:Because a Sevis lynch is
better
right now, IMO.
If he's such a
better
lynch then shouldn't you be pushing it harder than with a tiny 3 line post? It seems more like you're just avoiding the wagons if that's all you're going to say about it.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Ok,
unvote
for now. If SGR is getting replaced then there is no reason to be voting him, and there is now enough D2 content for fresh reads on people.

Been a smidge busy, but I'll get to those reads when I get a chance. I figured 1 day wasn't worth a V/LA though
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 4:01 pm

Post by Parama »

foilist13 wrote:Ok,
unvote
for now. If SGR is getting replaced then there is no reason to be voting him, and there is now enough D2 content for fresh reads on people.

Been a smidge busy, but I'll get to those reads when I get a chance. I figured 1 day wasn't worth a V/LA though
So you didn't see when he announced replacement at the start of the day before nhammen even posted? And now that it's convenient you're jumping off? Wow.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by Lowell »

With 24 players and 1 NK, I'd say there was probably at least TWO kills blocked last night, not just one.

So if nhammen "blocked" someone, I'd say it's a good guess that person has a killing role.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 4:10 pm

Post by Lowell »

Sorry,
vote sgr
. I don't see why we don't test this out.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 4:11 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

Lowell wrote:With 24 players and 1 NK, I'd say there was probably at least TWO kills blocked last night, not just one.

So if nhammen "blocked" someone, I'd say it's a good guess that person has a killing role.
I highly doubt there's two roleblocker in the game. Plus, if you haven't paid attention, Chronopie got lynched.

We now have twenty-two players left. I highly doubt we have a vigilante in this game.

But this is all role speculation that's eventually going to fade away anyway, so let's all stop this nhammen role speculation until we actually get some proof.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by Lowell »

Okay, so why don't we go ahead and try to find some proof then...
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

Okay, defindently
FoS: askbob
. He has produced little substance ToDay and there's absolutely no reason why not. He followed a bandwagon with not really that much backing and voting SGRaaize even thought we don't know if nhammen is right or now. Nhammen was also right about most of askbob's posts containing talking about masons. There's also no excuse for not contributing much ToDay either, he's been active in another game. His reasoning for voting Midnight's Sorrow didn't really make much sense either, while others at least had legitimate reasons for suspecting Midnight's Sorrow. Might as well read askbob's ISO.

@Lowell: You do realize that the only way to prove role and alignments without getting our butts kicked out by the mods is by lynches? We have plenty of time to decide on a lynch, lynching now would give us little information to go on, especially since SGRaaize had to replace out. Plus we are still waiting on a replacement for SGRaaize, give the replacement some time to contribute and even claim if it comes that far. If he fails to prove himself as a valueable member, then we can lynch him. Not now.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 4:32 pm

Post by Lowell »

Whatever, dude. My vote is good.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 6:23 pm

Post by nhammen »

Leafsnail wrote:The whole point of defending is to show that you didn't do the things you are accused of, not to make weak accusations against your attacker to get them to go away. Simply making accusations against anyone who votes you is not a townie thing to do at all.
What weak accusations to make them go away? Where did this come from? I said that undermining your attacker is the whole point of defense. And your response says, no, it is saying you didn't do what you are accused of. Which... wait for it...
undermines the attacker
Leafsnail wrote:
nhammen wrote:And you think SGR hasn't? What about askbob?
Deflection is noted. And I don't see why this is a defence - it's not like there's only one scum left.
Not deflection. Not a defense. This is independent of whether midnight is scum. Many players believe that attacking one player for something, but not attacking others for the same thing is scummy. Heck! Parama used that as his case against me. I am trying to find out how sincerely you are pushing this, so that I can tell if it is scummy. Attempt to discredit this evidence is noted.
Leafsnail wrote:It's not the exact same thing, firstly. I felt Parama was reaching for something so early in the game, wheras Midnight's Sorrow's "defence" seems to be built on insulting me/ saying I'm attacking me too hard/ calling me scum/ calling me a VI/ saying that active lurking and bandwagonning aren't scumtells/ deflection (pick a random one from this list).
Yeah. When people are attacked, and their initial defense is ignored, they try to come up with another. I bet there is even a Psychological term for this. I highly doubt you can accurately use any of this to determine whether or not he is scum.
Leafsnail wrote:
nhammen wrote:@Leafsnail At one point you stated you were suspicious of askbob. Are you still suspicious of him?
Now that you call my attention to it, yes, definately. He's bandwagonning like nobody's business (switching to Midnight's Sorrow
very
quickly, and then jumping to SGR even though nhammen's roleblock is far from conclusive).
Leafsnail wrote:
nhammen wrote:At one point you stated you were suspicious of sevis. Are you still suspicious of him?
Because he hasn't posted once since I expressed suspicion of him. So yeah, I'm still just as suspicious as I was when I first wrote so.
The reason I asked these questions is because you
completely
dropped these cases to push the case on midnight. You can attack more than one player at a time. So I was wondering what the reason was for dropping these cases.
Leafsnail wrote:
nhammen wrote:What is your opinion of SGR?
He hasn't really caught my attention before, to be honest. Actually, I'm kinda curious as to why you blocked him, considering the last thing you said about him before the night was
nhammen wrote:Well nuts. I tried... I still consider you to be slightly scummy...
Well, I had my top 6 after the Day 1 lynch:
nhammen's Day 1 Top 7askbob
pman
Chrono

SGR
sevis
robotnik
Lowell

First off, I ISOed every single player on this list (as well as Unsight and midnight, who were additional possible targets), because with how many scummy players there are in this game, choosing one was going to be HARD. I figured that with my attacks on askbob, no scum would be stupid enough to have him send in the kill. Yes, that's right: I was trying to WIFOM the scum. When ISOing sevis overnight, his explanation of his vote for me convinced me not to RB him over night (it looked too uninformed). So I was left with SGR and three players lurking even worse than he is. I settled on the player out of these that I could get a read on. So far I haven't found too many players that are extravagantly scummy (only askbob really), but there are about 10 that are all slightly scummy.
Leafsnail wrote:
nhammen wrote:If a player uses OMGUS, is this a scumtell? Why?
Yes and no.

Voting someone who votes you for bad reasons isn't necessarily a scummy thing to do. Nor is properly attacking someone who voted you in the past.

On the other hand, persistently focusing only on those who attack you, and then ignoring them after they leave you is very scummy.
Well, you like to accuse players of OMGUS, but I haven't seen anybody do the version of OMGUS that you call scummy.
Faraday wrote:I don't understand why people think the roleblock means nothing, he's very likely scum WITHOUT the block and this makes it more likely.
PRECISELY!
LynchMePls wrote:@MS: No, I definitely still find Sevis scummy. I just find your immediate attempt to pin the NK on him plus your D1 play scummier.
My biggest problem with the midnight wagon is that everyone dropped all of their previous cases to jump on it. This boggles my mind.
SerialClergyman wrote:Never mind he's ignored the chances of any other power role causing any sort of no kill via protects or blocks (including the chance he himself was targetted but was doc protected or the like.) Why ignore that?
I did what!? Have you even read my posts? I specifically mentioned the possibility of a doc in my previous post... which was on the same page as this post of yours that I am quoting.
SerialClergyman wrote:He knows it's simply not true. Same deal with the possibility Vi was double targetted.
Someone else already asked this question, and the mod verified that Vi was only killed by the Werewolves. Sorry about busting your theory...
Dr. Robotnik wrote:IMO, if nhammen is lying, he's guaranteed dead tomorrow.
Hello! Your attempt to push through multiple lynches is noted. Hmmm... at least we can guess that SGR is not in the same faction as robo... probably...
animorpherv1 wrote:So, I find Midnight wagon has no real evidence. Timeater should by policy lynched/killed, and SGR is the only real semi-reasonable thing we have to vote on.
Agree with all of this, except for there also being a good case against askbob.
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:Okay, defindently
FoS: askbob
. He has produced little substance ToDay and there's absolutely no reason why not. He followed a bandwagon with not really that much backing and voting SGRaaize even thought we don't know if nhammen is right or now. Nhammen was also right about most of askbob's posts containing talking about masons. There's also no excuse for not contributing much ToDay either, he's been active in another game. His reasoning for voting Midnight's Sorrow didn't really make much sense either, while others at least had legitimate reasons for suspecting Midnight's Sorrow. Might as well read askbob's ISO.
While I am glad you saw the value of the askbob case, I am very surprised by this change of your view on him.
vezopiraka
vezopiraka
Goon
vezopiraka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 9:12 pm

Post by vezopiraka »

I had and idea.
Maybe there is a werewolf mafia scum. I think this needs to verified.

One guy from each mafia group should claim their team so we know if there is a mafia werewolf
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard.
Press ENTER.
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 9:51 pm

Post by Midnight's Sorrow »

If we're gonna discuss the Night phase...

Would there even be a possibility of a Third party Killer(SK) in a game like this??

I don't think there would be...I mean there's already two scum teams...meaning two kills, which didn't happen on the Mafia side of things last night...

It could be as nhammen says. He RBed SGR and he was the one who sent the mafia kill therefore it never happened. Because he was roleblocked.

There's also every possibility that the Mafia kill was protected by a doctor or jailkeeper like someone else has said.

But I wonder...would there be Vig in this? If so...there might have been a third kill that was thwarted...

Maybe there were three kills last night, only one pulling through. One could have been protected by a doc/jailkeeper, the other rbed by nhammen?

You say your a RB right nhammen? Is that all you can do? Like, do you protect as well as rb. If that's the case, maybe SGR was the one that was targeted and you saved him?
W/L/O
T: 8/6/1
S: 1/4/0
O: 0/2/0
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 10:10 pm

Post by Midnight's Sorrow »

What are you trying to say ves?

That there could very well be a double sided scum just like your a double sided townie?

Part of me doubts that very much. If only because they have the ability to take a player out, where as you monks and masons only have the ability of knowing a few peoples roles and able to night talk.

But a part of me wonders if theres a mason/monk, why not a mafia/werewolf?

ehh? ...Double points for Town ftfw?! ~
W/L/O
T: 8/6/1
S: 1/4/0
O: 0/2/0
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 10:21 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

I just finished a game as scum where we claimed roleblocker in order to get soemone lynched and got Midnight's Sorrow mislynched on anothern ight

I don't plan on falling for my own scumtactics. The SGR wagon is filled with people who want an easy vote. A claimed block from someone suspicious enough to be forced to claim (and not be NKed) is not enough.

nhammen is scum and is either a roleblocker or has a roleblocker on his team. Almost certainly.
I'm old now.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”