Mini 968 - Bastard Mass Effect (Game Over)

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 8:26 am

Post by VP Baltar »

VP wrote:Plus Fate is claiming to have stopped something, so we shall see.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 8:38 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Oh right

FATE WTF GET IN HERE

I'm tempted to think bv310 is scum neighborizer at the moment. Unsure on second person. I would totally put my money on C.C if he hadn't apparently shot LPD N2.
green shirt thursdays
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 10:18 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

xRECKONERx wrote:Oh right

FATE WTF GET IN HERE

I'm tempted to think bv310 is scum neighborizer at the moment. Unsure on second person. I would totally put my money on C.C if he hadn't apparently shot LPD N2.
Why thank you.

And now, thanks to VP's claim, we know, why ani's kill didn't go through. One down, two other failkills to go. Maybe Fate will have more answers.

Looks like we're going to no lynch, so I'll keep my reads for myself for now.
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 10:44 am

Post by Fate »

Wrex Urdnot, Bodyguard for Hire

Flavah flaaaaaaaaav look at me I like my people and want a cure for genocide or something, I do stuff for money, etc. (I might actually read my role PM later).

If someone had FUCKING TARGETED ME THIS GAME, I would have to guard them until they were targeted with a kill (in which case me and the attacker would die).
In ADDITION I can, of my own free will (and good heart cause I'm a softie on the inside) choose to guard someone each night. If someone targets me tonight my guarding doesn't start until N5 though, assuming we make it that long.

N1: I GUARDED MMM FOR BEING FUCKIN OBVTOWN. I could care less Kerristar was a namecop since it was more likely a scum role in ADDITION to being useless (I'll get to Kerriscum after I'm done claiming).
ANYWAY Tony PM'd me back something along the lines of: I went to MysteryMan's room and saw him in a fight, I also saw that he was a Turian and there was no way in hell I was dying for him. FAIL
N2: I guarded Colonel Cathart for being a sexy Vig. I received no PM that night, and when I asked Tony what that could mean he said, PARAPHRASED "well that would confirm no one targeted you N1 and you're not auto-guarding, and we can't have that can we? *EVILMODLAUGHTER*"
N3: I guarded VP Baltar for being obvtown either him or Lime were the doc, and I sure as hell wasn't sold on Lime being town. No PM back.

I don't like crumbs except of the vague variety (I don't like scums feeling me up at night), but I made these with intent:
Yes I am an quintuple voter. Like I said, least bastardized role. You can wait in delighted anticipation of the next vote count to see my awesome role in action, or you can just take my word for it.
Crumbing with sarcasm how weird my role was. The quintiple voter stunt was just an extention of that to make scum shit their pants.
Here reading:

First thoughts:

Tony, you delicious bastard...
Because I GUARDED CORRECTLY and he still DIED. Fuckin' Tony. Still <3 ya though.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 10:53 am

Post by Fate »

OK NOW HERE'S THE PLAN.

We're lynching today. We already have enough suspects out in the open that VP is gonna die tonight for sure (I have no idea if my guard will save him because he's not a Krogan like me, but I don't want to risk it).

KERRISTAR+BV ARE SCUM. LYNCH ONE SHOOT THE OTHER.

xRECKx is basically confirmed town. if somehow there is a D5 we'll know Colonel is a likely SK.

Do I need to explain why?
Kerristar wrote:Alright I'm going first then.

I'm Miranda Lawson, namecop. We get name, Race(like human, Geth, etc.), and some background information.

We namecopped Animorpherv1 N1, Lukepukeduke N2, and xReckx N3. Each investigation was done according to who we thought was scummiest and the most likely lynch target of the next day, so that if any of them tried to fakeclaim their name we could call them out on it. All of them checked out, as in they all claimed their real name, (well except luke because he never claimed anything.)

I'm pretty sure that VP picked up on this Day 1 while we were under pressure. This was the reason why we also wanted a nameclaim, as having everyone locked into a nameclaim on Day 1 would allow us to search for fakeclaims.
Kerristar wrote:Our support of the massclaim depended on what it consisted of.
We only supported it if there was a nameclaim involved.
Kerristar wrote:We supported nameclaim in particular. Role stuffs. Kind of pointless now that everything was shot down and we'll probably have to claim.
We wanted to see if the massclaim would contain a nameclaim, if not, it wasn't worth pursuing.
Trying to defend against the accusations without really giving away the role.
Kerristar wrote:
MMM wrote:I still don't see how a nameclaim is good for town.

Namecopping. Locking scum into an early nameclaim would allow for looking for fakeclaims.
Basically claimed right here, trying to show what our role's purpose was for.
Kerristar wrote:Alright well, I believe animorpherv on his nameclaim stuff, it checks out.
N1 results.
His N2 result is a nice cop-out. His N3 target was.... SOMEONE WHO HAD ALREADY NAME CLAIMED.

No fucking way xRECK didn't real claim especially with a character like the Joker. No WAY any TOWN ROLE COP wouldn't inspect someone who hadn't claimed to see if they
would
fakeclaim at MC, especially since Luke's flip showed that scum are actually scummy characters.

Bv310 is scummy but Kerristar's claim COMBINED with his lack of any notable contribution makes me want Kerristar dead first.

Vote: Kerristar
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 10:58 am

Post by Fate »

Anyway as you can probably figure out now I don't explain the lack of kills. I bluffed just in case VP was actually scum, to make him shy away from a protective/roleblocker claim and be locked into a 1v1 with me. As you can see VP's "NO U" makes him pretty confirmed town to me as well.

So yeah no lynching will result in either xRECK, VP, or myself getting thrown out an airlock (choice pending how we WIFOM scum tonight), so I really don't see the point. (Except for Colonel-SK wanting to shoot scum tonight and get down to 4p MyLo with him and the last scum, so it would be easier to hide)
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 11:05 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Fate wrote:N1: I GUARDED
MMM
FOR BEING FUCKIN OBVTOWN. I could care less Kerristar was a namecop since it was more likely a scum role in ADDITION to being useless (I'll get to Kerriscum after I'm done claiming).
ANYWAY Tony PM'd me back something along the lines of: I went to MysteryMan's room and saw him in a fight,
I also saw that he was a Turian and there was no way in hell I was dying for him. FAIL
MMM was NOT a Turian. He had Garrus in his avatar, but he was Ahley Williams, human.

Explain.
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 11:08 am

Post by Fate »

Oh his fucking avatar confused me, that's right the PM says "dirty human"
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 11:49 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Mass effect nerds...the Krogans did have problems with the Turians, correct? But did they have issues with humans? It's been a long time since I played the games.

Fate, as far as I can tell, your role does fuck-all unless someone targets you?
Fate wrote:I bluffed just in case VP was actually scum, to make him shy away from a protective/roleblocker claim and be locked into a 1v1 with me.
Why would i have been "locked into a 1v1" with you if I hadn't claimed some kind of protective role?

At what point did start to realize I was doc?

CC, why did you want mass claim day 1 even though you being a vig would make you a high priority NK?
YOUR AD HERE

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 11:54 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Did Fate just fuck up a crucial part of his claim?
green shirt thursdays
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by Fate »

VP, that seems to be the case, yes, or maybe I can only guard certain people/races? Or maybe MMM was hit with an assassin shot? It wouldn't be the first time Tony made some crazy role (see other earlier link and Wolf's role for reference).

You misunderstood. You wouldn't have been locked in a 1v1 with me.

If you were scum fakeclaiming and claimed Doc and
I
was the doc (which I softclaimed) we would be locked into a 1v1. So my softclaim was a reaction fish to see if you would go (OHFUCKWUT? I NEED NEW FAKECLAIM!)

I realized D3 with the lack of mafiakill. Most people had already claimed by then so it was just PoE. Also your soft defense of xRECK's shenanigans with no real reasoning made me think you had night info of some kind, hence guarding you.

No thoughts on Kerristar's claim of inspecting xRECK?
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 12:13 pm

Post by Fate »

xRECKONERx wrote:Did Fate just fuck up a crucial part of his claim?
If by crucial you mean the flavor I got N1 when I guarded MMM, yeah, I forgot what the PM said and my memory of MMM was GARRUS AVATARZ.

The important stuff is there though.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I mean, Kerristar's claims of night actions don't sit so well with me, but I personally would prefer a bv310 lynch. I don't see anyway he couldn't be scum at this point. His role is scummy and his play is less than impressive.

I would like to hear kerristar's response to your questioning of his motives however.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 12:16 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Fate, if we were to coordinate our protections tonight to WIFOM the scum, how do you want to do it?
YOUR AD HERE

Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by Fate »

Well
obviously
I would guard you and you would protect me. Since you're the obvious NK target.

But since that would require the last scum to suicide (since we would both die) there's no chance in hell they'd risk that, I'm
really
going to guard xRECKx because he's also confirmed town too and more likely to get shot for above mentioned reasons.

Nah, I'm really going to guard VP because its the correct play and correct play >>> WIFOM.

Actually I'm going to guard Colonel because he's the only real NK option left after the aforementioned discussion, so scum really have no choice but to no kill tonight.

TLDR: Suck it scum.

Unvote:
I wouldn't cry if bv310 was lynched. Especially since he's more likely to have a crazier scum role. (1-shot neighbor+Kill immune Godfather+???) while Kerri is more likely a straight up scum Role Cop. I'm going to go re-read the game to finish connecting the dots.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 2:19 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Yeah, I'm leaning towards bv310 lynch.

I also think your reasoning for Kerristar's claim being b/s is well thought out. But something about your claim is making me >.>

Maybe it's the fact that I'm still not clear on what the rules are for your protection. Why didn't it work N1? I mean, what races does it not work with?

I'd like Kerristar to fullclaim the information he found out about each person. He said they got background info. What background info?
green shirt thursdays
Kerristar
Kerristar
Townie
Kerristar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 2:52 pm

Post by Kerristar »

Fate wrote:His N2 result is a nice cop-out. His N3 target was.... SOMEONE WHO HAD ALREADY NAME CLAIMED.
Oh yea, because we would know that he wasn't fakeclaiming
without investigating him?
That's the whole point of this role from my perspective. They nameclaim, you investigate, if they lied, then lynch.
Fate wrote:No fucking way xRECK didn't real claim especially with a character like the Joker.
The funny thing is when we got xReckx's results I actually was surprised because I didn't know that Jeff Moreau was Joker until I read the background info stuffs. Like I said, our intention was to investigate the player we thought most likely to be under pressure and claim, so that we could have some role supported proof if they chose to lie.
xReckx wrote:I'd like Kerristar to fullclaim the information he found out about each person. He said they got background info. What background info?
Fullclaim ahoy:

N1 was animorpherv, he was a Turian by the name of Garrus Vakarian, and the background was that he is military, C-SEC.

N2 was lukepukeduke, he was a Geth by the name of Legion, and the background was that he had 10 times more programs a mobile platform. He could also speak and work separately from the Geth mob.

N3 was xReckonerx, he was a human by the name of Jeff Moreau, and the background was that he had Vrolik syndrome and called himself the best pilot in the System Alliance, with the nickname Joker.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Like I said, our intention was to investigate the player we thought most likely to be under pressure and claim, so that we could have some role supported proof if they chose to lie.
But I had already claimed.
green shirt thursdays
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 3:00 pm

Post by bv310 »

Reck and Fate, I'd like you guys to summarize your case on me. I see you guys throwing a lot of suspicion, but no real reasoning.

Reck seems to be trying to pull the same move he did during Halo Mafia where we were scum together where he tries to piggyback on someone else's case.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Uh no. It's that out of all the claims so far, neighborizer seems the most likely to be a bastardly scum role.

That, and the fact that you have contributed close-to-nothing.
green shirt thursdays
Kerristar
Kerristar
Townie
Kerristar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by Kerristar »

xRECKONERx wrote:
Like I said, our intention was to investigate the player we thought most likely to be under pressure and claim, so that we could have some role supported proof if they chose to lie.
But I had already claimed.
Yea, you claimed and we felt you were leaning scummy. So we checked you out to see if you were lying or not. Because we can totally know if you aren't lying without investigating you.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Namecop doesn't sit well with me. It seems like a useless town role tbqh.

I say we lynch bv310 today for general coasting and having the most scumlike role, then Col & I decide who shoots Kerristar tonight.
green shirt thursdays
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 4:03 pm

Post by bv310 »

Or we go ahead and lynch you/Fate and not waste our lynch for the day. Nice try playing the same game as in Halo though.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 4:29 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

...you're fucking delusional.

I continue to wonder why you even bother to play Mafia. Show me where I jumped on anyone else's case, especially when MUCH earlier I said that I was questioning you because of your role.

You're just scared to get lynched, plain and simple, and your OMGUS of calling me scum is flat out ridiculous.
green shirt thursdays
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 8:09 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

"But I will commit this vote until I see something that really sticks out. "

That's what she said

VoteCount 4.1

L-3
No-lynch
()

L-4
Everyone
()

Not Voting
(bv310, xRECKONERx, Fate, Kerristar,VP Baltar, Col.Cathart)

With 6 Alive, it takes 4 to lynch

Deadline is Sunday 11pm CET
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”