Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 6:23 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Well it seems nothing happened anyway.
And I totally forgot about delirium as well. :/
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 6:29 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Ya. Niki just got lots of -like points. :(

Preview edit: orly.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 6:30 pm

Post by Fate »

Fate, please explain just what Nikanor has done that makes him town. I've never played with him before, but I can't see it no matter how hard I squint.
It's what he's
not
done that makes him town.

There's no real reason to explain town tells, it just helps scum.

I feel sorry for you if you haven't played with Nikanor before, but don't ask me of all people to do your dirty meta work for you.

You'll
know
when Nikanor's scum.

*insert more witty vague statements here*
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 6:33 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Mina: I'm totally a VI.

The point is that Katy shouldn't be telling me why I should be voting people. Whether I voted for someone because I think they're scum or because I'll get something that I think will help me find scum the next day really shouldn't impact my alignment.

And what exactly out of that post do you want me to answer? Why my vote is on ortolan? It's because he's lurking.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 6:34 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Fate wrote:You'll
know
when Nikanor's scum.
Yeah, that's actually pretty accurate... I'm terrible at being scum. :cry:
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 6:37 pm

Post by Fate »

I almost forgot my MUSTILS promise:
ortolan wrote:I don't even care if you're scum anymore, I just want to policy lynch you anyway
POSTED THIS BULL SHIT MAY 27th.

http://www.msutils.net/search.php?poste ... ults=posts
LAST POSTED ON MS:
TODAY 03:53:00

HAS POSTED CONSISTENTLY ALL WEEK-END.

WHY HASN'T THIS GUY MET ROPE YET?
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 6:37 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Mina wrote:As much as I'm glad not to be the leading wagon (and wouldn't exactly cry if ort was lynched)...
What do you mean by the parenthesized bit?

Niki seems fairly normal in the games I play with him. There are lots of VIs coming out of the closet this game.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 6:39 pm

Post by Fate »

VI is catching up with WIFOM as the most incorrectly used buzz word on the site...
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 6:46 pm

Post by Iecerint »

(ooba is voting twice in the last VC.)
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 6:57 pm

Post by Mina »

So Fate, meta is only okay when you use it? That said, NICE catch on ortolan!
Nikanor wrote:And what exactly out of that post do you want me to answer? Why my vote is on ortolan? It's because he's lurking.
Fair enough on the first part. Follow the link in that post. I meant my case on you for your earlier behaviour concerning me. Some kind of reaction would've been nice.
Iecerint wrote:
Mina wrote:As much as I'm glad not to be the leading wagon (and wouldn't exactly cry if ort was lynched)...
What do you mean by the parenthesized bit?
First of all,
here
colour
-
coding
just
for
you

It means exactly what it says it means. I wouldn't exactly cry if ort was lynched--which is why I'm voting for him. Yet the wagon is still kind of sudden. Something seemed fishy about Nikanor and SpyreX's hops off my wagon and onto ort's. (Yes, I know SpyreX said he suspected ortolan, but he never once explained why. And didn't SpyreX say he suspected Iecerint more?)

I'm wondering if ortolan is being bussed or if someone else is being protected. I have a good sense for frame cases, and ooba's Mina-Iecerint case is tingling my radar.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 6:59 pm

Post by Mina »

EBWOP: by "fair enough on the first part," I meant this:
Nikanor wrote:The point is that Katy shouldn't be telling me why I should be voting people. Whether I voted for someone because I think they're scum or because I'll get something that I think will help me find scum the next day really shouldn't impact my alignment.

I forgot to quote it.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 7:03 pm

Post by Nikanor »

About my vote on you, it's getting kind of boring. I've been bashed over the head too many times for doing something that should really have absolutely no bearing on my alignment. Oh no, Nikanor voted for someone for information instead of because he thought they were scum! I can't believe that any TOWN player would EVER do that! It's inconceivable!

Give me a freaking break.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 7:04 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Hmm? What would ooba be framing who for?
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 7:10 pm

Post by Fate »

NO ONE NEEDS TO EXPLAIN WHY THEY SUSPECT ORTOLAN. MY CASE IS GOOD AS GOLD AND SHEEP WORTHY.

MOAR VOTES PLEASE.

YES I CAN USE META BECAUSE OTHER PLAYERS AREN'T AS GREAT AS ME AND STICK TO THEIR SAME PLAYSTYLE.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 7:13 pm

Post by Mina »

Iecerint wrote:Hmm? What would ooba be framing who for?
Um...if he were scum, he'd be framing you and me? Frame case = case scum makes on townie (usually distorting or twisting the evidence) to get townie lynched.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 7:20 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Unvote, Vote: CMAR
(ort)

baa.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 7:21 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I thought you were implying that one of us would look bad down the line as an effect of his case (presumably, after the other flipped). Which is sort of inconsistent with both of us being town.

Ooba's switch to voting me when I basically posted an expanded version of his case on CMAR did make me O.o a little. I wasn't expecting it. But on the other hand, I noticed CMAR's play being different before ooba posted about it (even if I didn't post about it until much later), so his original CMAR vote looked like genuine scumhunting to me.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 7:39 pm

Post by Mina »

Fate, since that was your excuse for your playstyle, you've already made sure that the scum won't be killing you for a long time. You can go back to normal now.

But I can almost see town!Nikanor. Almost. Nik, why did you vote for ortolan in particular amongst the lurkers?

Chronopie...

...*twitch*

Are you...is he always this...*twitches convulsively*

It's two-thirty in the morning here, and I have to wake up early tomorrow, so I'll save my defence against ooba for then. FWIW, some of my problems with ooba are gut, and maybe it's just the OMGUS talking. In a nutshell, it's how superficial some of his accusations are--he's fixating on minor details, and offering shallow analysis. But it might be my fault for having put off responding to his original case.

Let's see if I can oblige manho with a Starbuck rebuttal and break my promise to ignore SpyreX before I pass out from exhaustion.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 7:50 pm

Post by Fate »

Are you...is he always this...*twitches convulsively*
Yes.

Although he's done MUCH more anti-town things than that. A vote on Ortolan is PRO-TOWn.

What's your obsession with everyone giving their reasons to vote someone? It takes FIFTEEN FUCKING VOTES to lynch, we can't all have unique reasons ESPECIALLY with lurkerscum like Ortolan.

Or are you just playing cheerleader: GUIZ GIVE REASONS FOR YOUR VOTES LOOK HOW PRO-TOWN I AM ASKING FOR REASONINGS!
You can go back to normal now.
What was that again?
Also if scum don't kill me my MASTER PLAN would have been foiled.
*sadface*
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 8:09 pm

Post by Mina »

Um...to force players you can't read to justify themselves? Because it's impossible to tell from that post if Chrono is bussing ortolan or jumping on an easy wagon or genuinely suspicious of him?

I can't deny that my playstyle rubs a lot of people the wrong way, but what's the harm in asking? I'm pretty sure I know how Nikanor will explain his vote for ortolan (if he's town, anyway). Doesn't change the fact that making him explain himself makes him more readable. It keeps him on his toes and forces him to show us his thought process. I don't care if this makes me look like I'm trying too hard; at least it gets people talking.

(That said, my comment about your playstyle came out harsher than I intended. I should have added a :P smiley.)

It's three AM. Saving my Starbuck reply for tomorrow.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 8:20 pm

Post by Fate »

Good night.

Also Chrono DID give his reasoning ftr:
baa.
"I AGREE WITH FATE AND WILL FOLLOW HIM TO THE EDGE OF THE WORLD!"

Thanks for the support Chrono.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 8:26 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Mina wrote:But I can almost see town!Nikanor. Almost. Nik, why did you vote for ortolan in particular amongst the lurkers?
Because he was the one with the biggest wagon.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 8:30 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Fate, you know that I'm perfectly willing to follow your plays, except when I'm scum :twisted:

(then I'm more likely to NK you)
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 8:58 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Ice wrote:I switched away from Fate because SX and others had given information
about Fate's meta
I hadn't known.
If I had a bullet for such blasphemous words you would be eating the daises good sir.

Fate was that a damn fake vig? FFFF. Good thing you're oozing town from your pores and if you're right about ort then THIS BETTER GET A ROCKIN'.

I admit I'm underwhelmed by what I've seen -thus far- from ABR's plan. Plum's doin a bit better but wizard needs food badly.

My absolute favorite part in the pages I missed though? Mina's "HOW COULD YOU DARE THINK I COULD EVER BE SCUM WITH ICE. ADDITIONALLY ABR AND SPYREX ARE TOTALLY SCUM TOGETHER BECAUSE OF THE SMOOTH BODY MASSAGES."

I mean, they are smooth (I have magic hands) but seriously now. Tsk, tsk.

Part of it is self-motivated sure but these votes shootin out towards other factions without any word AND not bellyin' up and saying they think I'm scum playing slappywags with my business bother me.

Again:
There is, definitely, more than just me as Endless (or I will strangle the mod).
The Endless powerup for worship is pretty sweet.
Having no real explanation for voting elsewhere is just painting a giant target because apparently there's some wackiness going on on the sidelines AS WELL AS the copious other reasons for not doing this.

So, unless I missed a memo about why delvin' in the dark is 2kool4skool I'm baffled at some of these proclaimed worships.

Again, the biggest fattest <3 for fate.
A smaller one for Nik now. I'm not even going to explain why I like his latest posts because that would be a multi page argument that just isn't worth it. Lets just say good things.
Even Chrono is starting to rub me a good way. These are good things.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 9:33 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

First off:
V/LA for at least a few days (mainly due to site problems, I'm having trouble getting on reliably).

First: I'm going to go ahead and claim most (I'd rather keep one or two parts of my role under wraps for the time being) of my role. See, I'm technically not town - I'm a Mafia Godfather lyncher. If I personally eliminate the Mafia Godfather (either by helping lynch him or by killing him personally), I win. If somebody else gets rid of the Mafia Godfather within three days, I become town. Otherwise, I die and lose. Of course, this means that I'm not going to be relevant to any win condition after Night 3 (except possibly the Town win condition, but I won't be alive regardless) unless I'm lying - and that would be stupid, because I would be the automatic Day 4 lynch - so I see no reason to waste any kills/lynches on me beforehand.

It also strikes me that the lynch mechanic probably means I'm a death miller as well as a miller... and that the godfather will flip town on death. Hmm. I'll see how you guys play around that once I'm gone. (And I WILL be gone, because there is no way I know of for this role to survive past Night 3.)

The upshot, I have a couple of useful goodies to help me nail the Godfather. I've already used one of them, and thanks to that I'm reasonably sure that DTMaster is town. Orbots, Panama - GTFO him.

I'll get back to who's actually scum once I get a chance to catch up with the good ten pages or so that have appeared since I last posted. (First impressions: Mina is probably town - I haven't seen scum that verbose and well-reasoned since Falcone way back in my first newb game. SpyreX is probably town or town-leaning neutral (from what I've seen so far, Mina-SpyreX looks like a townie fight... maybe an opposed god fight instead). I have a gut scum read on SaintKerrigan from skimming, and I want to take a much closer look at Orbots and Iecerint.

(Note: If we have a lot of townish neutrals such as myself, the setup likely has one scum faction. Of course, that's what my role suggests anyways.)

Vote: SaintKerrigan
(currently gut, will reread once I get a bit more time)
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”