Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 11:07 am

Post by Starbuck »

Mina wrote:
Iecerint wrote:And since some people have been making arguments based on the assumption of its absence:
scum can most likely daytalk.
I believe this because I have a QT that remains open during the day. I toyed with the possibility that scum have no daytalk and have to use various QTs to communicate with one another in the presence of town, but there's no evidence of that in my QT, so I think it's unlikely.
*cough*

*cough* *cough* *cough*

Okay.

I have a feeling that we've just stumbled upon the Kinetic Twist-of-the-Game, but...

Your QT has
day
talk?
I understand that this is your first large game, but can you really stop going out of your way to act all "OMGOSH NO WAI!"

It's typical of larger games to have QTs for each faction.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 11:08 am

Post by Starbuck »

EDBWOP:

Plus other QTs like masons, neighbors, etc.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 11:10 am

Post by Mina »

Starbuck wrote:And what a way to weasel out of a case on you, "I don't have time to get into a huge back and forth".
Starbuck wrote:I'd like to see some posts from Mina that are less than 6 paragraphs.
Choose one.

Do you want me to rip your horrendous case to shreds (because my response is typed up and ready to post) in a wall-post, or do you want me to weasel out of the case you made on me and cut down the wall-posting?

Make it quick. I'm running late.

(Um...you realize the back-and-forth comment was directed to SpyreX...whose case I'd already
answered
? What's your problem? Did I kill your grandmother or something?)
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 11:11 am

Post by Mina »

Starbuck wrote:
Mina wrote:
Iecerint wrote:And since some people have been making arguments based on the assumption of its absence:
scum can most likely daytalk.
I believe this because I have a QT that remains open during the day. I toyed with the possibility that scum have no daytalk and have to use various QTs to communicate with one another in the presence of town, but there's no evidence of that in my QT, so I think it's unlikely.
*cough*

*cough* *cough* *cough*

Okay.

I have a feeling that we've just stumbled upon the Kinetic Twist-of-the-Game, but...

Your QT has
day
talk?
I understand that this is your first large game, but can you really stop going out of your way to act all "OMGOSH NO WAI!"

It's typical of larger games to have QTs for each faction.
Someone here doesn't get it.

Note the italics.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 11:15 am

Post by SpyreX »

SpyreX, in case you don't refuse to answer, is your point on Iec the same as ABR's--that you don't like how he was pushing for the Norse gods instead of waiting for the plan? I've read all your posts. That's the only reasons you ever gave for suspecting Iec. Correct me if I'm wrong with actual quotes.
That's a pretty big deal, actually. Considering everything thats going on throwing that out there makes little sense at that juncture except to be self-serving. Which is bad news.

But, if you want to take your ball and go home go for it. Saying I'm refusing to respond in a post in response to mine is awesome.

Parama be town yo'. I dig that style of irritation a long way.
ABR isn't playing up the greatest scum mastermind, btw. It's too big of a target. This new third party talk is also tech and awesome.

And scum daytalking isn't a SHOCKING REVELATION by any means. The difference is minimal and, often, can help catch more along the way.

But, we need some galvinization. ABR its time to lay out the cards so we can pick a direction and move.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 11:18 am

Post by Iecerint »

Yep. The QT stays open all day. I've been posting it in tons. I guess it could be that I am a special snowflake with a special QT, but I doubt it. For one, I think Kinetic may like daytalk; WoT mafia (which was Nightless, but ye know) had it.

In addition to alerting town players without QTs that scum have daytalk, the other reason I claimed it is that my QT is very lonely. I'm wondering whether my QTfriend(s) even noticed that it stays open. <_<
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 11:24 am

Post by Iecerint »

SX, I think it's relevant information because several players have kinda jumped in after a certain player's post and been like O LOOK THIS IS A HIGHLY PRO-TOWN POSTING FORMAT. I think DTM about Mina's one (v good) post comes to mind. Which is doubleplus relevant because of Mina's "mafia recruit from replacements list" speculation. (I think Mina is leaning a bit town atm, but this kind of information kind of tempers the extent to which she is obvtown.)

Also, Mina, I think you said you were going to make a big, pretty post about me. Please deliver.

So, there's that. I think I may have crumbed this earlier if you ctrl+f "grain of salt;" I was on the fence about whether to crumb it.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 11:31 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I like DTM and ortolan so far, I think they're town. I disagree ortolan that their addition to the game shouldn't be discussed. I think it should.

Mina seems fine to me so far. She doesn't look like she has any ulterior motives, at least not yet.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 11:41 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

@ Starbuck: Mind offering data that is more relevant to scumhunting, plz?
rajrhcpfreak wrote:1st: are you serious? just because i have no clue what the mechanic does and i want to help the town im grovelling?
You made no mention of not understanding the mechanic at or before the time of the statement in question. And it definitely looks like grovelling.
rajrhcpfreak wrote:2nd: YOUR VOTE ISNT RANDOM IF YOU REALLY CARE WHERE IT SHOULD BE!! DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THE HYPROCRY IN THIS STATEMENT!!! and i would be doing this if it wasnt a vote on me. ask any of the people ive played with before.
I've already explained myself. There is no hypocrisy in what I did. And now you're trying to bring in lame support for your "hypocrisy" argument. You're really trying to shove this case of yours down my throat, aren't you?

I need to reread Ice as well, it seems, in addition to Ortolan. Might be awhile before I get to that though. Things came up today, and may also come up tomorrow.

Still not seeing scum material in Mina.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 11:41 am

Post by Plum »

Walls of stuff aren't making me any happier either.

@Mina: Yes, the cognitive dissonance of Ort's post was noted and written up by myself before I read Fate's post.

I'm completely cool with Tar.

Fate's [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 02#2289802]Post 379[url] approximates most of how I broke down that post of Ort's when I read it: Needlessly fluffy in places and not addressing the principle accusations against him, chalking a lot of it up to 'you say I'm lurking but I'm not'. Well, yes, I personally didn't think you were especially guilty of lurking, Ort, but I did find you guilty of intentionally misrepping rfreak (as far as I can see, and you didn't bother to explain otherwise) and suspecting Fate partly because he declared ABR Town too prematurely and then saying simply that ABR can lead the Town. The following reactions by Ort do not diminish my desire to see him lynched.

DTM: What prompted you to refute Mina's case against Ort? I see that when you wrote up your post Ort hadn't yet shown that he didn't feel like doing so himself. But still: nu?
SaintKerrigan wrote:Which reminds me of something -- due to Spyrex's ability, it's very likely that the lynch rolecop will be shifted down two places as well. Just something to keep in mind.
Oh crud. No wait. If we can identify it then it's golden.
SaintKerrigan wrote:
Fate wrote:Satisfactory answer. I would've asked you in our QT but then it wouldn't have been as an effective distancing vote.
Speculation: Fate's role requires him to get lynched or killed.
Something like the above quote and the scum-oriented wincon he posted a while back aren't things you post when you're actually trying to stay alive. Plus he's been getting antsy about people debarking his wagon. This reads like someone who's trying to die, but without making it blatantly obvious so people won't kill him off.
Speculation:
Fate is just a special little fruitcake in general. Jester speculation is not helpful at this stage of the game. Not sure right now what to make of you for this speculation but want to keep it in mind. Open mental note, as it were.

Okay, the Mina (and slight Iec) rolefishing things are now better absorbed within me; there was so much material that some things stuck better than others. It doesn't terribly captivate my scumdar, and I do want to reread the cases made on them, which include other stuff, but seeing better what angles people are coming from is good.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 11:44 am

Post by Iecerint »

Plum wrote:Fate is just a special little fruitcake.
That is mean. :(
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 11:46 am

The thing is, Plum, that I find Iecerint pushing a false case on Mina. It doesn't seem like legitimate scumhunting to me. IDK maybe it's because I unconsciously see similarities in the style of play from Iecerint in this game and when he was scum with me before.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 11:47 am

Post by Iecerint »

^ I'm not even pushing a case on Mina. Are you talking about like way back on page 3?
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 11:47 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Plum wrote:Speculation: Fate is just a special little fruitcake in general. Jester speculation is not helpful at this stage of the game. Not sure right now what to make of you for this speculation but want to keep it in mind. Open mental note, as it were.
Well, because of my speculation I currently don't plan on voting for Fate, despite him being quite scummy. If he's third party and can't hurt the town with his role, it's much better for us to leave him alone, at least initially. I'm also against a Fate wagon for the same reason, and if one pops up that'll be my argument against it.

It would really help, though, if Fate himself brought his ass down here and responded to what I've said (prediction:
He votes me
).
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 11:49 am

Mina, do you feel like Iecerint is pushing a case on you?
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 12:07 pm

Post by Fate »

Speculation:
Fate is special but definitely NOT a fruitcake. He may also be avoiding a nightkill/lynch by being worthlessly scummy as to make it to endgame for once in god damn large theme career.

I don't know why SK thinks I would vote him just for speculating I'm a day/Night Jester(latter is an awesome idea btw) of some sorts, but I'd hate to disappoint.

Unvote:
Vote: Plum

Orlotan's still scum.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Fate wrote:Speculation: Fate is special but definitely NOT a fruitcake. He may also be avoiding a nightkill/lynch by being worthlessly scummy as to make it to endgame for once in god damn large theme career.

I don't know why SK thinks I would vote him just for speculating I'm a day/Night Jester(latter is an awesome idea btw) of some sorts, but I'd hate to disappoint.
1. So that's why you're deliberately making remarks like "I win when the good guys are gone" and "I would've asked in our QT but it wouldn't have been as effect a distancing vote." Because you were trying to
survive
to the endgame. Uh huh.

2. The prediction was a jibe at your behavior in this game.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Hey Plum -- what do you think about CMAR?
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by Fate »

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

OH LORD IT HURTS!

THE JUDGE DISMISSED MY CASE BECAUSE THE PROSECUTOR ARRAIGNED ME UNDER THE WRONG CHARGE!!

SUCK ON THAT JUSTICE!

YOU CAN'T EVEN
CONVICT
LYNCH ME WITH A COP THERE TO TESTIFY!

CATCH ME IF YOU CAN!
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 2:14 pm

Post by Fate »

Ah...aha...heh.

Moving on,

SK I don't know what the hell you mean about my "behavior" or what the fuck I said on page 16, but my Orlotan case is pretty rock fucking solid and decent scumhunting.

So shut it.

Unvote:
Vote: CMAR

I'm actually disappointed in ABR as of late. "Iec and Fate are the two obvious lynches" Really? ABR is at the Vocal=scummy level of play? I expect better.

Troll said it best in MD about the player with only a few posts and half of them are scummy being a better lynch than someone with 30 posts and 10 are scummy. I really don't see how Orlo thinks I'm distancing from Troll, I'm buddying if anything? Oh wait he's scum.

LYNCH PLEASE
WORSHIP PLAN FIRST THEN LYNCH>
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 2:15 pm

Post by Fate »

Ah fuck

Unvote:
Vote:
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 2:16 pm

Post by Fate »

"WHAT THE FUCK FATE!

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

I don't care. My record (in this state) is clean and that's all that matters.

Unvote
Vote: CMAR
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 2:18 pm

Post by Parama »

The funniest chain of posts I have seen in a while.

Fate, you're 3rd party, but what do you think about Els and DTM? They're pretty obvious scum FMPOV.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Wow, shit, this will be a fun reread :D
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by Fate »

Parama wrote:The funniest chain of posts I have seen in a while.

Fate, you're 3rd party, but what do you think about Els and DTM? They're pretty obvious scum FMPOV.
Well if I'm a third party my point of view would be that I don't care who dies, so you asking for my opinion is LULZ.

DTM-Defended me like crazy against Iec. I'd call him out on that but then he might NK me, so he's town for now. Other than that he posted one of his SIGNATURE WALLS last page that makes this game that much less fun.

Els-Who? Something about voting MO, and cookies, and Nikanorz...

I wouldn't cry if Els died. Then again we need to pool our votes sooner or later or this shit is going to LAST AND LAST.

I nominate Orlo.

ABR:
Name three pro-town things Orlo has said and I'll counter them. Your Orlo read is bullshit.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”