Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by Incognito »

Scum can post their QuickTopic if they'd like.

Here was the QuickTopic of the dead onlookers and me: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/JY4YQvJKt7n
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by camn »

Incog is the best.

And the buss was incredible. I couldn't even see it as possible.. but my reflexes are traditional.
I guess I should have thought about daytalk more. It would really increase your ability to coordinate!
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 2:30 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

We got a bit lucky in that there were enough roles to kill, so bouncy staying alive didn't look suspicious. We haver had to fake anything.

This is the scum QT
I'm old now.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 2:36 pm

Post by Incognito »

Role PMs (not separated)You are a Townie. You come into this game equipped only with your mind and your vote so use them wisely. You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated whether you survive to the end of the game or not.

-~-~-~-~

You are a Tracker. Once per game Day, you may PM the name of a living player to me, and you will be able to track that player. You will find out about anyone that person targeted from the point you submitted your choice onwards, until the end of Day. You will receive your results at the end of the Day.

You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated whether you survive to the end of the game or not.

-~-~-~-~

You are a Jailkeeper. Once per game Day, you may PM the name of a living player to me and that player will be imprisoned. Any actions that player makes from the instant you choose to imprison them on until the next Day’s morning will be blocked, as well as any kills made on that player.

You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated whether you survive to the end of the game or not.

-~-~-~-~

You are a Cop. Once per game Day, you may PM the name of a living player to me, and I will reveal an investigation result of “Guilty” or “Innocent” to you. If you submit an action to me during the Morning phase, I will reveal the results of your investigation to you at the end of the Morning. If you submit an action during the Afternoon phase, I will reveal the results of your investigation as soon as I open the PM.

-~-~-~-~

You are a Mafia Roleblocker. Along with your buddies x and y, you seek to take over the Town in order to secure a reign of nastiness. You may use *this* forum to talk at all times.

Once per game Day, your team may choose to kill one of the Town players. One of you should PM the name of the player you want killed to me.

Also, as a roleblocker, once per day you may PM the name of a player you wish to block. Any action that player takes from that instance on will be cancelled. You may not both kill and roleblock at the same time. Your targets will not be told they were blocked. Any investigative ability they may have will come back with no result.

You win when your number is equal to or greater than the number of remaining Town players, and you eliminate any other potential threats to your existence.

-~-~-~-~

You are a Mafia Goon. Along with your buddies x and y, you seek to take over the Town in order to secure a reign of nastiness. You may use *this* forum to talk at all times.

Once per game Day, your team may choose to kill one of the Town players. One of you should PM the name of the player you want killed to me.

You win when your number is equal to or greater than the number of remaining Town players, and you eliminate any other potential threats to your existence.

-~-~-~-~

[mrow]Roles[col]PlayersCop Jailkeeper Mafia Goon Mafia Goon Mafia Roleblocker Townie Townie Townie Townie Townie Townie Tracker[col]Ellibereth Hoopla SerialClergyman Kenman bouncy.bouncy TheButtonmen Maemuki camn Steam-Powered Shovel Midnight's Sorrow SaintKerrigan Earlder1/boberz

-~-~-~-~

Role Actions

Day 1, Morning

Hoopla jailkeeps camn (provisional)
Earlder1 tracks Kenman
Ellibereth investigates camn
bouncy.bouncy roleblocks Hoopla

Day 1, Afternoon

No actions received

Day 2, Morning

bouncy.bouncy roleblocks SerialClergyman
Hoopla jailkeeps camn
Kenman kills Hoopla
Earlder1 tracks TheButtonmen

Day 2, Afternoon

Ellibereth investigates Steam-Powered Shovel

Day 3, Morning

Ellibereth investigates TheButtonmen
bouncy.bouncy roleblocks boberz
SerialClergyman kills Ellibereth

Day 4, Morning

SerialClergyman kills boberz
bouncy.bouncy roleblocks boberz
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 2:36 pm

Post by camn »

grr.

After reading those QTs, I have to say..I DID play terribly, and I would like to play this game again.
My only excuse is, I am in the middle of Finals right now, and haven't had the time to re read.. so I was playing very day-by-day.

But I had fun anyway! Despite catching no one and being wrong about everything!
I think too much early claiming kind of killed us this game. And lurking, as always. And Midnight derailing the bouncy wagon :) God how different things would have been......
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 2:38 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

I knew all the scum were ganging up on me in the end. :P

GG, scum. Although we lost more due to quicklynches, in my opinion. I think if we'd thought things through we could've caught at least Bouncy.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 2:43 pm

Being wrong =/= playing terribly. You were obviously town the entire game, that's certainly something.
I'm old now.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by Incognito »

Congrats to the scum team!

I mentioned this in the QT, but I really thought one of the biggest blunders for the town was the D3 quick wagon on Kenman. If boberz had been allowed to catch up with his reading and actually submitted an action, he might have been able to figure out that the scum had a Roleblocker because he would have received a result of "No Result" from me if the scum still chose to roleblock him. Ellibereth would've probably still been killed off as the Cop, but I think the town might have gotten a bit closer with that extra Tracker result. That might've called bouncy's claim into question and might've ultimately put an end to the Godfather speculation that kept coming about.

I was a bit shocked that nobody called bouncy's claim into question even earlier than that though. After Hoopla died as a pro-town Jailkeeper, I thought people might have been really suspicious of bouncy's claim but it didn't really come up again until Day 5 when Steam-Powered Shovel speculated on it, and SaintKerrigan began getting suspicious of it too.

I hope you guys enjoyed the game and feel free to leave any feedback to each other or to me as a mod. I had a good time reading along with this, and I'm actually really happy with how it turned out since this was a brand new mechanic even to me. Well played, all. Oh and thanks to boberz for replacing in like that - I felt bad because I knew he'd read all that stuff and would end up dying almost immediately, but I really appreciate it anyway.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 2:49 pm

One last little logical point was that if the scum had a godfather with an innocent verdict on them, why would kenman quicklynch himself? They'd actually WANT the cop to claim.

If the town had thought of that I think that would have 100% cleared SPS because that investigation was pretty obvious, and 95% cleared camn.
I'm old now.
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 2:53 pm

Post by Midnight's Sorrow »

Good game guys :D !! b(^.^)s
W/L/O
T: 8/6/1
S: 1/4/0
O: 0/2/0
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 2:55 pm

EBWOP:

It was a Popcorn fiesta~

It was the uber~
W/L/O
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by Incognito »

Lol, I didn't recognize you with your new avatar. I was about to be all "GET OUT OF MY THREAD!".
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 3:03 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Serial....YOU AGAIN.
Yeah, the whole ploy with bouncy was brilliant. I'm kinda sad that I changed my N1 investigation from Serial to Camn...
Was seriously thinking about claiming vanilla instead of cop, Serial was next on the investi list so that was probably the better play.
Serial's meta of me in the QT was unfortunately right...

I'm happy my wagon analasys was kinda right though. :P
The rest of all my thoughts are all in the dead QT.
FLASH OF GREEN
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 3:04 pm

:cry:

I'm hurt....

/jk

:D
W/L/O
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 3:05 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Oh wait, I editted Serial to button? Ooooooooops
At least that would have gotten bouncy by the off-the-wagon logic.

I also just realized my D1 reads are usually the most accurate...ugh

GG guyz.
FLASH OF GREEN
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 3:20 pm

Yeah, me again. One day you'll get me, Elli :P

I didn't mean to be harsh in the scum QT, just your style is really excellently suited to non-confident, quiet, lurky, defensive scum players. And I'm just not that sort of player, so it's always going to be difficult for you to tell my alignment early. By lategame you might have a better idea though.

I thought youp layed well, for what it's worth. When you went from a kenman wagon to a bouncy wagon I had some rising panic. I thought I might be able to pull you back to a kenman lynch, and that'd look good for me and maybe protect bouncy, but luckily someone else popped up.

A VT claim might have been dangerous for us, but you have to accept that you'll be lynched if you do that. Again - an earlier massclaim may have helped here. If you lie and say VT then one lynch before lylo say 'Hey, I'm actually a cop, here are my results' then you can afford to be lynched ot prove you're telling the truth, if that's what the town want (and they probably would.)

There was a fair amount of town power, 2 investigative roles and a jailer.
I'm old now.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by Incognito »

SerialClergyman wrote:I also loved the activity and shorter deadlines. Incog was an excellent mod and always helpful and responsive to my many questions, changed night actions and demands he come online and confirm lynches :D Thanks Incog!
No problem. Just DON'T gimme questions or demands when I'm hungover or drunk again. ;)
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 3:26 pm

Lol that was funny.

Not being able to answer a player's question becasue you're drunk and worried about allowing them to do something crazy is an awesome excuse.

KENMAN

CHANGE YOUR SIG NOW YOU HEROPIMP.
I'm old now.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by Incognito »

Nah man. I couldn't even understand what you were saying. lol. I just opened the PM at like 2:30 in the morning drunk out of my mind and was all wtf. Then I kinda forgot about it when I logged on the next day and then realized I never answered.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Also, much thanks to Incog for the modding. This is the most fun I've had in a game in a long while (even though town lost).

Yeah, town allowing Kenman to quickhammer was an awful, awful blunder. It was another reason why I suspected Camn, because I thought a player of her stature would know better than allow that to happen. Ugh, if it weren't for that and the odd treatment of Kenman, I could've focused more on SC and Bouncy early on. Oh well, hindsight is awesome.

The Kenman bus was totally epic. Props to you guys for pulling it off.

Oh, and SC:
SerialClergyman wrote:One last little logical point was that if the scum had a godfather with an innocent verdict on them, why would kenman quicklynch himself? They'd actually WANT the cop to claim.

If the town had thought of that I think that would have 100% cleared SPS because that investigation was pretty obvious, and 95% cleared camn.
Huh? The logic's not making sense here. The cop did claim.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 6:54 pm

Post by camn »

SaintKerrigan wrote:Yeah, town allowing Kenman to quickhammer was an awful, awful blunder. It was another reason why I suspected Camn, because I thought a player of her stature would know better than allow that to happen. .
Im sorry! I was really, really distracted!

I am glad you are finally admitting that that comment was directed toward me, though!
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 8:34 pm

Post by Maemuki »

See camn, this did become lovers in the end.

AND I WANT TO FREAKING KILL MY FREAKING COMPUTER
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 8:49 pm

Kerrigan - Ken quickhammered himself to try to stop elli from claiming his results. Elli had claimed cop but he hadn't listed his results. If sps was a mafia godfather, they would want elli to announce his results. The fact that kenman was scared enough of Ellis rsults that he killed himself to try to stop them getting announced suggests strongly that there was no godfather.
I'm old now.
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 9:18 pm

Post by Steam-Powered Shovel »

I was totally going to vote bouncy.bouncy today. (Maybe I should've done it straight away.) Balancewise it just didn't work out.

Oh well. Good game, scum.
The great advantage of the tiger in unarmed combat is that he eats not only the raspberry-laden foe but also the raspberries.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 1:52 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

Ugh sorry about this game; this week has been kickin' my free time to the curb and I underestimated the pace of this game when I joined;
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”