Final Vote Count:

With 7 alive, it took 4 to lynch.

(4) TheSkeward: Ooba, SpyreX, Zang, cruelty
(1) Darox: TheSkeward

(2) Not Voting: MagnaofIllusion, Darox

TheSkeward,
Russ the Executioner (Roleblocker), Town
, has been lynched.

Night is 72 hours long: it will end May 26th at noon PST. Any actions not submitted by then will be missed.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 8:08 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

cruelty,
Zaffeta the Gypsy (Cop), Town
, was murdered Night Three.

Vote Count:

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

(5) Not Voting: Zang, SpyreX, MagnaofIllusion, Darox, Ooba

Day Four ends by 16th at noon PST.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 8:14 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

I opted to shoot Sprexy. Unless Zang chose not to shoot Spyrex Mafia has a role-blocker.

Vote: Spyrex

Die scum die!
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 8:26 am

Post by ooba »

A Mafia and a town RB'r doesn't make sense. I'd put my money now on a Redirector if you and Zang shot SpyreX.

Gut tells me its spyrex - not voting. Magna think you should unvote in the off chance it is Zang.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 8:30 am

Post by ooba »

In fact zang, even if you think you're sure SpyreX is scum, don't put him at L-1 (in case its Magna). I'd like everyone to weigh in before we lynch or give Darox+(one of SpyreX\Zang\Manga) the opportunity to quick lynch.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 8:37 am

Ooba wrote: Gut tells me its spyrex - not voting. Magna think you should unvote in the off chance it is Zang.
Unvote.

I'm as sure as you can be that Sprexy is scum but I'm going to keep the quicklynch possibility off the table since you requested it Ooba.

FOS: Spyrex
in place of the vote.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 9:56 am

Post by Zang »

I targeted SpyreX.

HOS: SpyreX
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 10:24 am

Post by Darox »

Spyrex was innocent as told by our town confirmed cop.
If magna and zang were both telling the truth Spyrex should be dead.

Really Ooba should have been lynched and Spyrex be the deciding vig, but whatever.

I'm heavily inclined to believe Spyrex is town, and one of magna/zang is scum.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 11:42 am

Post by Zang »

Spyrex was innocent as told by our town confirmed cop.
If magna and zang were both telling the truth Spyrex should be dead. [/quote]

unless their is a scum roleblocker or redirector.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 2:21 pm

Darox wrote:Spyrex was innocent as told by our town confirmed cop.
If magna and zang were both telling the truth Spyrex should be dead.
So your premise is that the set-up is Town RB + Town Cop + Town Vigs + Town Spiritualist versus Goon + Goon + Traitor Doctor? That’s ludicrous.

There is undoubtedly a Godfather role and either a Roleblocker or Redirector on the Mafia side. Otherwise the set-up would be ridiculously unbalanced.

So asserting that Sprexy is cleared by a scan is “Stick my head in the Sand” stupid. As is blindly assuming that either Zang or I weren’t interfered with.
Darox wrote:Really Ooba should have been lynched and Spyrex be the deciding vig, but whatever.
Then why didn’t you bother to make a case against Ooba?

When I have more time in the morning I’ll do some more detailed analysis but now that Darox has weighed in I’m back to

Vote: Spyrex

Goodbye Scum.

Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by Darox »

You did that stupid thing you do again.
You took something I said and made leaping assumptions based on them.

The vigs are not a purely protown role (And are greatly weakened), and neither is a roleblocker.
Spiritulist is a role that can be really useful or not at all, and is unlikely to have weighed heavily into balance considerations.
Miller is cop bait.

I would be surprised if the remaining scum were 2 goons, but to leap to the conclusion you have and vote right out of the gates in LYLO is absurd.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 5:14 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Vote: Manga

The quickvote and ooba's little dance confirm it.

One more thing: Zang, did you get an action successful message?

I bet you did, since I did.

And the slapfight with Darox which really is "You think there are TWO Goons?? Psh, there are obviously no goons." is awesome.

I'm still drugged up from awesome neck pains but I'll have more tomorrow.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 3:48 am

Darox wrote:I would be surprised if the remaining scum were 2 goons, but to leap to the conclusion you have and vote right out of the gates in LYLO is absurd.
Voting for the player I am most confident is scum (Sprexy) right out of the box isn’t absurd. I know I’m Town. The only way a quicklynch happens is under the following two scenarios –

A. Zang is Scum. For this to be true I’d have to accept the following to be true

1. Zang was given a safe-claim by EB that was the exact same as actual non-VT role in the game. Let’s note that it appears that Josh’s ‘safe-claim” based on the flavor was he was a Priest.
2. Zang’s fake PM has flavor that much more closely matches the flavor of my PM than Sprexy’s does.
3. Zang’s behavior (not voting for CMAR after the information dump regarding the Angry Mob, targeting Darox Night 1) as scum closely mirrors my thought process as to how a member of the Angry Mob would react as the game went along, as opposed to Sprexy’s which seems very disconnected IMO. Let’s note that Zang claimed you as a target before my claim was made.

B. Sprexy is actually Angry Mob and both you and Ooba are scum. We in general are playing “outguess the mod” to some degree in throwing out the possibility of 4 mob members. This scenario doesn’t make sense though as if you and ooba are both Scum then Zang and I would have killed Sprexy last night (assuming Mob members can kill each other) and you both would have won in Endgame.

I’m willing to take the heat if either of these scenarios is actually true and a Mafia-driven quick-lynch occurs. But both options seem far-fetched so I’m feeling fairly confident that Sprexy is Scum. In which case we just need to decide who his partner is … you or ooba.

Also, since you didn’t bother to read it I’ll ask again, this time in bold and italics so you can’t possible miss it.

If you say ooba should have been the lynch why didn’t you bother to try to make a case for him or even vote for him?

Spyrex wrote:The quickvote and ooba's little dance confirm it.

One more thing: Zang, did you get an action successful message?

I bet you did, since I did.
Confirm that you are Mafia of course.

And please post your successful action message from EB so Zang can comment on it.

What happened to your grand theory that TS and I were scum-buddies?

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 9:00 am

Post by SpyreX »

Yea I bet you'd really be willing to take the heat in the case that you just won the game.
What happened to your grand theory that TS and I were scum-buddies?
Ohh, you mean the same one you were espousing at the end of the day? Funny how you forgot that.

BUT, it doesn't matter because SCOOP SCOOP:
And please post your successful action message from EB so Zang can comment on it.
It was successful. And the fact you said Zang specifically means Zang's was too.

Which, normally, wouldn't matter but we have
proof that an unsuccessful message is given if the result is not successful.

Which, thus, means that if you were telling the truth about being roleblocked you wouldn't have segued into supposition - but, instead, directly said you were roleblocked.

That didn't happen. Why is that?

Dingle dangle.
Show

Proud member of BaM
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 9:33 am

Spyrex wrote:It was successful. And the fact you said Zang specifically means Zang's was too.

Which, normally, wouldn't matter but we have proof that an unsuccessful message is given if the result is not successful.

Which, thus, means that if you were telling the truth about being roleblocked you wouldn't have segued into supposition - but, instead, directly said you were roleblocked.

That didn't happen. Why is that?

Dingle dangle.
Sprexy you make me laugh. I’m now as certain as ever that you are scum. Because the only messages I have ever received from EB are to say that he has received my action. Because as a Weak Vig it is APPARENT IN THE PLOT whether I succeeded or not. But not really being a Weak Vig you didn’t know that, did you.

My messages from EB on the subject are as follows –
EB for Night 1 wrote:
MoI wrote:Tonight I will be coming after CryMeARiver for my Angry Mob action.
Okies, gotcha
EB for Night 2 wrote:
MoI wrote:Angry Mob on Nobody Special.
Thanks for letting me know your action!
Moi Night 3 wrote:For my Angry Mob action Night 3 I will of course attack Spyrex.

As for the whole bet re: Avatars issue I'll take this opprotunity to apologize directly. I've seen those sorts of bets made in several other games here and didn't realize that it would be offensive to you.

Magna
EB for Night 3 wrote: Gotcha; and no worries about the bet thing, I just don't want to see a pattern of outside influences that could break the game
Way to gambit yourself into confirmation that you aren’t a Weak Vig. Which Zang will be able to confirm.

Hammer away Zang and Ooba.

Oh wait I forgot to add some sort of nonsense phrase like Dingle Dangle ….

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 11:59 am

Post by SpyreX »

What a surprise, a swing and a miss.

I didn't say anything about successful. I said unsuccessful.

Remember this:
ElecrticBadger wrote:
TheSkeward wrote:I target Nobody Special.
Your attempt fails.
You are right about only saying that he has received the action IF IT IS SUCCESSFUL. (Hence, I know mine was because I didn't get the above).

However, you opted to come in and go "ohh snap someone was roleblocked" but then ask specifically for me to compare my successful message with Zangs.

Because, gasp, when I didn't get killed you had to claim something right. And you knew Zang was going to be successful. You just didn't remember the fact that unsuccessful actions are responded to by the mod.

Not to mention that now your claiming the setup is Godfather, Roleblocker, Doctor for scum. Which is just awesomeo.

Tinfoil theory: Manga is the godfather. That would explain the adamancy in OHH SNAP GODFATHERS MUST BE THERE EVEN THOUGH THAT MEANS OUR COP HIT THE FALSE POSITIVE AND THE FALSE NEGATIVE BACK TO BACK!

Otherwise, not sure. Tracker or Watcher, maybe? Rolecop?

Regardless, still yet, dingle dangle.
Show

Proud member of BaM
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 2:46 pm

Spyrex wrote:You are right about only saying that he has received the action IF IT IS SUCCESSFUL. (Hence, I know mine was because I didn't get the above).
However, you opted to come in and go "ohh snap someone was roleblocked" but then ask specifically for me to compare my successful message with Zangs.

Because, gasp, when I didn't get killed you had to claim something right. And you knew Zang was going to be successful. You just didn't remember the fact that unsuccessful actions are responded to by the mod.
I asked you to post yours so Zang could see you were full of shit. Note that you haven’t posted your “action successful” message as requested, even after I posted all three of mine. Note that none of mine say Action Successful or Action Failed. But I’ll happily wait for Zang to come and vote for you. But while we are waiting post your messages from EB for all three Nights. I dare you. You haven’t because you know you aren’t allowed to post fake material from the GM. I already posted my correspondence and if I had fabricated them I’m sure I would have been modkilled for faking information from the GM. But I didn't need to fake them because I'm telling the truth.

I’ll await the sound of you not posting them as caught scum. And as you put it …
Spyrex wrote:What a surprise, a swing and a miss.
Spyrex wrote: Not to mention that now your claiming the setup is Godfather, Roleblocker, Doctor for scum. Which is just awesomeo.

Tinfoil theory: Manga is the godfather. That would explain the adamancy in OHH SNAP GODFATHERS MUST BE THERE EVEN THOUGH THAT MEANS OUR COP HIT THE FALSE POSITIVE AND THE FALSE NEGATIVE BACK TO BACK!
Pro-tip : All caps makes you look like caught scum. Also I not you don’t attempt to actually say that I’m scummy for speculating about the set-up. You just now start because it otherwise points out that you, of course, as scum already know.

And the all-caps includes another spurious Appeal to Statistics from you Sprexy. I note that's a favorite falacy for you. I’ll say it again slowly for you … a low statistical likelihood is irrelevant when something actually happened. Blather on about how you can't have happened because it's "so unlikely". Those of us who understand that probability is just probability will be listening amused.

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 5:37 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Again, I don't care about the action successful side of it. Because those are just confirmations of the actions.

The proof is in the pudding: that an unsuccessful message is given a direct and clear response from the mod which you don't have.

And if you're going to keep harping on fallacy! fallacy! show the fallacy. Show it.

Because you've claimed that all the scum are power roles and that the cop hit the godfather. If you really want to keep harping on that we can go play the probabilities with it. (double protip: "Appeal to Statistics" isn't a fallacy - in fact, what you keep harping on is a beautiful hybrid of two logical fallacies in itself but I digress).

OHH SNAP MORE CAPS YEEHAW

Setup speculation isn't scummy. However, when your setup speculation is only a function of trying to push through a garbage lynch (note, again the arguing with Darox under the you can't BELIEVE two goons in this setup) then the function itself is scummy.

Because its coming from scum.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 6:41 pm

Post by Darox »

Two things need to happen.

Spyrex needs to post his communications with the mod as a sign of good faith, and Zang needs to come in and say something.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 7:22 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Fair enough.
ElectricBadger wrote:
SpyreX wrote:BOOM. Vig: Manga
Confirmed. Thanks!
ElectricBadger wrote:
SpyreX wrote:Vig: NS
Action confirmed.
ElectricBadger wrote:
SpyreX wrote:Hells bells. It BETTER not be Zang. Vig: Manga
Confirmed!
Show

Proud member of BaM
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 5:41 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Vote Count:

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

(1) SpyreX: MagnaofIllusion
(1) MagnaofIllusion: SpyreX

(3) Not Voting: Zang, Darox, Ooba

Day Four ends by 16th at noon PST.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 6:26 am

Post by Zang »

Ok, i'm here.

I'm confused about the action succesful/unsuccesful messages but I'll come back soon with my messages and thoughts.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 7:19 am

Post by Zang »

ElectricBadger wrote:
Zang wrote:I will try to kill Darox.
Confirmed, thank you!
ElectricBadger wrote:Okies
(He didn't quote my second one)
ElectricBadger wrote:
Zang wrote:I will try to kill SpyreX.
Alrighty, thanks for getting your action to me so fast!

Magna wrote:You haven’t because you know you aren’t allowed to post fake material from the GM. I already posted my correspondence and if I had fabricated them I’m sure I would have been modkilled for faking information from the GM. But I didn't need to fake them because I'm telling the truth.
I didn't read that In the rules but if your right and SpyreX is the godfather, than couldn't he post the messages from the mod he got from sending in a mafia kill, except changing the quote. Or would that be considered faking a message.
Magna wrote:Hammer away Zang and Ooba
I'd rather not yet, I believe it is lylo and I want to be careful with my vote.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 8:11 am

Post by SpyreX »

Sure looks like I posted and sure looks like I'm not dead. Sure doesn't look like thats a rule now, does it.

Where's that unsuccessful message again?

Yea, thats right.

@Zang:

Look at what I quoted about TheSkeward. Unsuccessful actions are told so by the mod. Manga came in insinuating he was roleblocked but, as we can see, thats not the case.

The reason I didn't die is because he's faking it. That's why in order to push this its now ohh snap Godfather, Doctor AND Roleblocker the scumteam :roll:
Show

Proud member of BaM
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 8:30 am

Sprex wrote:Look at what I quoted about TheSkeward. Unsuccessful actions are told so by the mod. Manga came in insinuating he was roleblocked but, as we can see, thats not the case.
If I was faking it I would have posted incorrect messages from EB then, wouldn't I? Oh wait, you said it isn't a rule because you weren't killed. Thanks for confirming your posts were doctored :roll:

I said there looked like there was a role-blocker. Never said that I was role-blocked. Way to misrep as usual. And Ooba's point about a redirector is potentally the solution to your little paradox as to why there is no "fail message" received by Zang or myself.

@Ooba - I think at this point you need to weigh in with your thoughts. Sprexy and I have said pretty much where we stand.

Zang - Take whatever time you feel is necessary. My vote stands.

And of course it's time for my usual weekend V/LA
. I'll be back Tuesday (due to the holiday weekend). I'll check the thread but don't expect massive posts while I'm with the family.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”