Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 5:52 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Well now. Why did I not expect something like this to happen? 8 pages before I even check the thread, and I don't have time to read them because I have a job interview in 9 hours . . . by which time there'll be 10 MORE pages to read.

Consider me moderately LA until further notice. It SHOULD be possible for me to keep up with the game, but the reason for my sitewide replacement request from a short while back is still in effect (I had forgotten I was signed up for this until I got my role PM and it was too late to ask to be moved to the replacements list).

So yeah.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 5:56 pm

Post by DTMaster »

@MO
Because you're pushing that your Tar vote is a RVS vote, shown by the recent response in the first quote. I'm pushing you because
You RVSed after you already called out scum calls. Why aren't you pursuing those scummy reads on SK if you are going to Vote Tar out of randomness? Huh huh? Again see my argument of Ice

You don't have the balls nor male genetllia, known as a dick, to attack SK. You're back tracking with the Tar vote. Now you're skirting around with your vote on me.

What does that look like? You scum, calling SK scum, as scum buddies.

What doesn't it look like? You town, scum hunting people. You're nothing following up on your scum reads.

By you I mean both PZ and Troll. Together. I don't care if PZ has separate reads from you. You're the hydra. You work it out since that's your team or what ever you call yourselves.

From my POV, blaming your vote on PZ and blaming the lack of coordination due to your scum reads and trying to justify PZ's vote reads as: guy who's trying to cover their tracks.

I'm sure PZ has brains. I know he's a smarter player then this. He's not going to RVS with juicy discussion going on.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Good luck Kai. Hope that interview goes well and you beat out the cunts who you're competing against.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:00 pm

Post by Chronopie »

@Fate: If I don't change my methods, thus invalidate old scumtells, then (when I play scum) I win, 'cos you know that I do that as town.

ofc it's not going to work now.

--

That last MO post was Zorb, but it sounded, almost, normal. Lynch the not-so-troll troll. Additionally, the pair of them are playing weaksauce.

Unvote
Vote: Fate
(MO)
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:02 pm

Post by DTMaster »

I don't like it when the Chrono agrees with me, particularly since hes on the: kill the mother fucking person list with his play. (AKA He's scummy and should be roped)

But Troll is scummier ATM. Focusing on that.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Tinfoil Modfom: Would our mod take an obvious connection and "deliver" a role to a player? Cause if that's the case well.

That said I actually read all the words and:

Vote: Snow_Bunny

(Mina)

Yea. This one is for real. Mad real in fact. Its not the rolefishing persay (although the dissonance is tech) its everything. This is one of them good ol fashioned hang-em high bidnesses.

I see some people that give me those warm and fuzzy vibes but, alas, time isn't ripe yet.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:05 pm

Post by Chronopie »

I'm always scummy, Fate admits it, I admit it. But Troll needs rope.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:09 pm

Post by Iecerint »

2b. I guess so, but it personally occurred to me so quickly that I didn't think much of it.

3. I AM GETTING TO IT. Actually I tried for a moment and I was like GOD CANNOT HANDLE THIS SENTENCE STRUCTURE so I stopped. But I'll do it whenever there is a lull.

4a. When I saw Fate do what he did (as I interpreted it, I mean -- pretend to not know what was going on), I made a list of other reasons why he might have been confused about voting on page 4. "Scum promoting confusion" (e.g. making an environment with lots of YOU DO THIS/GOD YOU ARE SO DUMB DO THIS-type content instead of scumhunting) was on the list. My main argument was that Fate was a type (3) player (faking lack of knowledge to look town, but going too far), or an anti-town one.

For the record, that's also how I see Els's request that we share who we intend to worship, ESPECIALLY considering that he first wanted us all to vote on whether we should share said information first. Huge timesuck.

ABR is different maybe because he is apparently either God or Satan or whatever.

4b. Nah, I'm totally a wimp. Or that's how I perceive myself. The only time I do much is when I manage to confirm myself, which is curiously frequent.

Hey SX, could you ask whether your ability applies to votes *and* lynches? Like, will the player 2 slows below the lynched player (4 slots below the player we all vote for) be the one who dies? This approaches bastard mod territory, but I wanna get that out there.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:11 pm

Post by SpyreX »

It says actions and votes, but I'll make sure.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:12 pm

Post by Iecerint »

EBWOP: Uh, also, SX did the vote thing, anyway. And he seems like a sweetheart but ye know.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by DTMaster »

But aren't geting heat for doing something Fate did? Hmmmmmm. Ice your dick is ascending into your body. You're not putting your foot down. I don't like this. Not one bit.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:22 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@DTMaster, let's do this one thing at a time, shall we? Where do you think Mighty Orbots said Saint Kerrigan is scummy? You seem to be offended by us saying something along those lines and not pushing it but it's simply not something either of us have ever indicated.

We can talk about your hydra expectations and what it's reasonable to push lynch-wise after that if you like.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:22 pm

Post by DTMaster »

EBWOP: Isn't. Also. Fuck EBWOPS. I hate doing them. But they;re so useful.
J-Scope
J-Scope
Goon
J-Scope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:22 pm

Post by J-Scope »

Don't think MO is scum, Mina reads townish to me early too, so I don't understand Spyre's vote there. He's probably town though so I'm not too worried. Don't see scum having that sort of abillity and coming out and claiming it so early, why not let the town fuck up their night actions.

Iec still seems off to me, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something there.

SK's objection to the Worship plan doesn't make a sense, I mean scum might have an abillity to kill us after we post 10 posts, there's no point worrying, as I think the plan could be potentially of benefit. With ABR leading us or having some information the plan isn't too much of a big deal.
This is the hydra account for Jahudo and Faraday.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:27 pm

Post by DTMaster »

The Whys are Missing to Mo, Mina, Spy, ABR (ish, kinda see it), Ice (see bellow). Explain the Whys to your reads to the following people. Also:

What post made you think Ice's post is off J-Scope cock sucker.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Hey, raj asked me a question a long time ago! Who knew?
raj wrote:[D]o you have a problem with random voting[,] Iecerint?
It depends on what you mean by "random voting."

1. I endorse soon-as-possible (or sooner!), RVS-stage analysis. So, I endorse what people are saying I ("wrongly") did to Fate, even though I'm not convinced I did it at all this time.

2. I endorse voting in your first post, and I endorse keeping a vote down at all times thereafter barring extreme circumstances.

3. However, I do not like /random'd RVS votes, or for players to somehow claim that their RVS votes shouldn't be analyzed because they are "random." That is sort of not the point of RVS. so that is why this DTM business with Fate RVS being off the table rubs me the wrong way. But if you are a badmeta player and cannot be helped (as Fate apparently is, contrary to my experience), that is something else.

~~~~~~~~

Anyway, back @ DTM

I do not understand the point of his big post. I read it 3 times, and it seems pretty vacuous. I'm not writing this with your big commentary up, but. Well. I don't see much there one way or the other. He's mostly complaining about playstyle.

I do agree with Percy's point that his first two posts don't make sense. For one thing, if you think someone is scummy, it's better to target them than the (perceived) VI. So post 1 is kinda meh maybe anyway, at least as per his interpretation. But then he admits to being a category (1) player, which contradicts with that.

Then he comes back at the end and does an OMGUS (in a voteless "oh that was so mean man cut a bro some slack" sense) at Percy's IMO legitimate argument and totally exaggerates the extent of the pressure on him.

So I agree with Percy, basically.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:33 pm

Post by Iecerint »

DTM, you're going to have to EBWOP that for me one more time. I have no idea what you're talking about.

I'm reconsidering on Fate slightly because of the new meta information. If that makes me a woman, at least I'll be able to enjoy something new.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:37 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I usually use more smileys, I guess. And I'm usually more lighthearted. I'm mad at myself because I still have an hour of cardiac physiology lecture to listen to and I have an exam Tuesday that I haven't done anything for and I am in a gillion games and post-game dead rooms, so I have spent literally all day at the computer, except for classes and such.

Moar razz from here on out, though. :P
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:37 pm

Post by Faraday »

DTMaster wrote:The Whys are Missing to Mo, Mina, Spy, ABR (ish, kinda see it), Ice (see bellow). Explain the Whys to your reads to the following people. Also:

Not missing, just not there.

I just explained the SpyreX read though,read better cock sucker.;) Actually not sure if calling hit girl cock sucker...never mind. Also you don't see the Spy townieness shining through?

As for the others they're gut for the most part. No post, in particular for Iec, just his posting in general. Your reasons for voting MO are bad though.

Also J-scope = me, sorry. And this site is being so fucking slow. Ugh. Sooner we move.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:38 pm

Post by Faraday »

Also agreed @ the earlier lurker sentiments, with 28 players we need to make sure people don't slip through the cracks, or try to at least.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:44 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Ice. Our debate isn't about the fucking RVS. Here. Go back.
ice wrote: Re: Fate, from his post, it looks like he's intending to vote ani (=DS). So it looks like he's voting his suspect rather than the fellow 2 above the fellow. Hence, not understanding the rules in some way. I did notice his second point, but interpreted it as like cosmic dramatic irony or some unknown mechanic due to his vote for DS appearing serious.

The only point of the vote mechanic ability (as far as we know) is to create confusion about vote targets. Up to a point, it is reasonable to be confused, but after that point, your behavior is anti-town at best, either because:

1. You are not reading.
2. You have poor reading comprehension.
3. You are scum overestimating how long it reasonably takes town to figure shit out and are consequently overshooting.
4. You are scum trying to bring confusion.
See this, you're calling out Fate for being a non reader illiterate son of a bitch/whore. 1-3 represents in Fate's vote you attack his non-reading of the vote mechanic. 4 you attack Fate for his "lack of understanding of the vote mechanic" by bringing confusion.
Ice wrote:1. Of course the first two aren't scumtells; that's why I explicitly indicate that the list indicates "anti-town at best" explanations. I say this in the sentence before the bit you quoted. Nice misrep.

2. "Doesn't know about the vote counts" is OK on page 2 or 3. It starts to look fake when it happens on page 4 and things were figured out on page 2. Also, your example is basically the same as my (1), so your implication that I ignored it or something is another misrep.

3. I know it because it was incredibly obvious upon looking at the VC on the first page. Any idiot reading the thread could figure it out. Niki and I noticed it immediately. That makes me wary of all these "OOPS GUYS" people who come trudging through the door on page 4.

4. I have to explain to you why a bunch of players Voting for people they don't really intend to vote for ("or not") would cause confusion? Rolling Eyes

5. As for that last part...you do understand that SX's ability mismatches vote targets with who gets the votes...right? Or is that suspicious for some other reason?

Also was your note information mod-derived?
See this. You're attacking fate for not knowing about the shifting mechanic. You're not attacking him for his RVS.

STARRED ***
Ice wrote:1. Fate was pretty par-for-the-course in the only game I've played with him. But I'll keep that in mind.

I dunno what you mean by "just calling him names." If anyone is guilty of style-over-substance, it's you (cf. that whole set of paragraphs, with your very cute erectile dysfunction extended metaphor).

2. Incidentally, I have found scum during RVS twice. But somehow we lost overall both times. Go figure.

Also, the post didn't look like RVS to me. It looked like a botched attempt to look ignorant of the vote mechanism. BUT even if you don't take that, claiming that his next two votes were someone *also* RVS is totally O.o IMO.

(Also, it was page 4 IIRC, so I dunno what's up with that page 2 business.)

3. OK, so this is how this went:

Iec: God, at this point it's just scummy to pretend you don't know what's going on. Get with the program, people.
DTM: OMG HOW U NO THAT IS CUZ YR SKUM RITE?
Iec: Um, no. I used a technique called "reading."
DTM: OH WELL I DIDN'T READ PAGE 1. SO THERE. YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALIDATED.

If you refer to my original list, this would put you in category (1) at best.

4. My 1-4 list wasn't describing Fate's situation per se. It was describing reasons why players in general might keep "messing up" as late as page 4. And again, I'll keep the meta angle in mind, but it's not like that was even his first vote.

5. k

6. Why are you being such a bitch? You could've gotten information from another player, for example.

I kinda ignored raj's post tbh. This is fast fast fast and you are keeping me from studying cardiac physiology. I'll go back and look.
Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey, Ice. You scummy cock sucker. You know why I pointed to Raj. That post he said on page, what was it, 5,6 he missed the vote mechanic.

What was your argument on Fate again? Oh yeah he's playing dense and is intentionally playing dumb so that he confuses the town by "faking his vote" and faking" his confusion". Raj is let off the hook right now, and he fulfils your list of "scummy/antitown" persons.

SX too with his vote. (gonna double check since you pointed out SX)

HEY LAZY ASS HOLE. START SCUM HUNTING FOR REAL OR I'LL BURN YOU AT THE STAKE AND RIP YOUR COCK OUT WITH MY BARE HANDS

Interlude
ICe wrote:2b. I guess so, but it personally occurred to me so quickly that I didn't think much of it.

3. I AM GETTING TO IT. Actually I tried for a moment and I was like GOD CANNOT HANDLE THIS SENTENCE STRUCTURE so I stopped. But I'll do it whenever there is a lull.

4a. When I saw Fate do what he did (as I interpreted it, I mean -- pretend to not know what was going on), I made a list of other reasons why he might have been confused about voting on page 4. "Scum promoting confusion" (e.g. making an environment with lots of YOU DO THIS/GOD YOU ARE SO DUMB DO THIS-type content instead of scumhunting) was on the list. My main argument was that Fate was a type (3) player (faking lack of knowledge to look town, but going too far), or an anti-town one.

For the record, that's also how I see Els's request that we share who we intend to worship, ESPECIALLY considering that he first wanted us all to vote on whether we should share said information first. Huge timesuck.

ABR is different maybe because he is apparently either God or Satan or whatever.

4b. Nah, I'm totally a wimp. Or that's how I perceive myself. The only time I do much is when I manage to confirm myself, which is curiously frequent.

Hey SX, could you ask whether your ability applies to votes *and* lynches? Like, will the player 2 slows below the lynched player (4 slots below the player we all vote for) be the one who dies? This approaches bastard mod territory, but I wanna get that out there.
2. My argument is better. Your's not. See above.

AKA My argument: Fate is active lurking.
Your argument: Fate didn't read.

B. Hence the clause.

3. See above ( specifically in the starred post that I quoted)

4.A. You're arguing that
Fate knows about the confusion in the vote mechanic? aka he lies about it? then.

Why can't it be idiot person who skipped ahead and didn't read about the shift. We have 2 people (including fate) who just admitted to it. Raj and and Fate. (maybe 3 with SX)

You're letting SX and Raj off with not knowing about the vote mechanic. Why not fate? Huh huh? (see starred post)

4b. See starred post on how failed your scum hunting is. You're tunneling on Fate right now. Admit it.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:45 pm

Post by SpyreX »

GARRRR I hate having to post reasons unless its serious business come on now but FINE:

Leaving the who brought you / no rolefishing aside, this is what bothers me the most:
I have a few theories about the set-up, but I'm worried they'll lead to rolefishing. The only thing I'll say is that if someone has a great reason for why we should worship a certain faction (and it won't give away his role), he or she should come forward.
(Right now, I'd guess that it wouldn't be such a great idea to worship the Old Ones.)
Talking too much about the role of gods in this set-up in general, on the other hand, can definitely give away which players are certain characters or factions, either because they'll betray too much or too little information.
I don't like that. At all.

One bit. Thats one of them thar' congative dissonance things that makes me itch. Coupled with the rolefishing bit my hackles rise.

Add in:
This is my first Large Game on this site, so I'm not quite sure what to expect for scum size. Maybe 7-8 (25% of 28)? Why do you ask, ABR? What useful information do you think that would give you?
I thought a bit before asking that first question, but I decided that knowing whether DTMaster and Ortolan were recruited by specific players (they don't even have to reveal who) or factions or were just randomly assigned to the game tells us nothing about their role and potentially useful information about their alignment.
I can definitely see the Mafia having the option of recruiting from the replacements list.
And how they react to my question would allow us to read them better, too.
And I get all aflutter with paranoia. This seems like such a strange piece of information.

Additionally, there is already some SECRET INFORMATION to be pulled if Mina is scum. Secret, delicious information.
Show

Proud member of BaM
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:50 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Faraday wrote:
DTMaster wrote:The Whys are Missing to Mo, Mina, Spy, ABR (ish, kinda see it), Ice (see bellow). Explain the Whys to your reads to the following people. Also:

Not missing, just not there.

I just explained the SpyreX read though,read better cock sucker.;) Actually not sure if calling hit girl cock sucker...never mind. Also you don't see the Spy townieness shining through?

As for the others they're gut for the most part. No post, in particular for Iec, just his posting in general. Your reasons for voting MO are bad though.

Also J-scope = me, sorry. And this site is being so fucking slow. Ugh. Sooner we move.
Spy is playing normally. That doesn't mean he's townie (actually that cunt muncher is one of my better reads because he's playing normally).

But the fact that you listed out so many people without Whys, and just admitted to not having reasons made you scummier.

Way to play the crowd scum. Cock fucking scum. Yes you heard me, you fuck those tiny little holes while you slip in with those comments and follow the crowd.

With lurkers, you deal with them as they come. It's a bit early to start focusing on potential lurkers when it's only been like 18 hours or something. Asshole.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:53 pm

Post by SpyreX »

You're letting SX and Raj off with not knowing about the vote mechanic.
Who what when?

Where/what did I do that would make someone think I didn't understand the issues with the vote mechanic? What with it being my fault and all.

And the awesome mod just clarified that the lynch would be on two down, not 4.
Show

Proud member of BaM
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:55 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Talking to fucking Ice. Unless I'm misreading the post I quoted says you didn't know that.

I know for sure Raj doesn't know about the vote mechanic because he admitted in the fucking thread.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”