Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

When we're ready to lynch or a week from deadline, whichever comes first, I will announce which players are eligible for worship from among a pool of at least 15 players, so you will maintain a good margin of choice and the scum won't be able to predict exactly which group gets worshiped.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 2:47 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Faraday wrote:@ Sk ..and? What? If they've an idea where the votes are going..what does it do? They can try and swing the vote a certain way is your worry?
That's one possibility. Who knows what kind of roles scum have out there?

@ ABR: Which gods do you intend to have the town worship?
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by ooba »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:When we're ready to lynch or a week from deadline, whichever comes first, I will announce which players are eligible for worship from among a pool of at least 15 players, so you will maintain a good margin of choice and the scum won't be able to predict exactly which group gets worshiped.
OP wrote:<4> The following groups can be the target of worship Day 1:

Norse Gods
Egyptian Gods
The Old Ones
Judea-Christian Angels
We worship groups, not players...
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 2:50 pm

Ack, confusing role PM. I'll announce which 2 or 3 groups are eligible for worship, my bad.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by Chronopie »

On killing role setup: I'd guess a single group of 6 + 2 SKs, or 2 group of 4 + 1 SK.

I'm confused as to the purposes of Limbo, Yet-to-pass, Graveyard, and unravelled-from-wheel. Can anyone shed some light on the extra area?

Given the Limbo rule: post, but not Vote/use abilities, or be targeted by abilities, it's the same as temporary stumping?

Graveyard is killed obv.

IDK on wheel and YTP areas though.

--

Fate's OMGUS Vote is noted

--

Hai Everyone that I've played with before.

--

I see no problem with worshipping following ABR.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 2:53 pm

simulpost btw

I have a passive ability which is a map for the player distribution for the worships and I will have some really good information coming into Day 2. I need to not be targeted by any pro-town forces tonight. Scum can target me it won't matter so rest assured.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 3:00 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Yeee-haw.

Ok, lemme lay this out as much as I can without causing any other issues:

Let me be clear: IF ANYTHING IN THIS APPLIES TO YOU DO NOT OUT YOURSELF TO CONFIRM ME.

I am Delirium/Delight of the Endless. My whole role changes whether or not the endless are who are being worshiped (Delirium/Delight, specifically).

While I am Delirium, all actions shift two down the list. Thats right. ALL actions (yea, this may help the scum not screw up but the net result depending could be worse).

I'm not getting into what happens if I am Delight. Lets just say that if all the endless are town its a pretty sweet ass gig.

So, depending on ABR's worship-o-meter (and the endless don't even appear to be a worshippable group at the mo') you may want to keep this in mind or lynch me. If ABR's plan could use the endless as the focal point that'd be pretty swank.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 3:03 pm

Post by Iecerint »

What universe are "the Endless" from?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 3:04 pm

That works for me.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 3:05 pm

Post by ooba »

Sandman
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Yes, am reading. So long as we're on the subject -- does this game have a theme *other than* "some mythologies put together"? Cuz that was my understanding, but....
SpyreX wrote:I'm not getting into what happens if I am Delight. Lets just say that if all the endless are town its a pretty sweet ass gig.
If the result is that disproportionately imba, the simpler explanation is that a disproportionate set of your group is scum, if anything. I suppose this may fluctuate depending upon the factors that make the Endless worshipable.
Beholder
Beholder
Townie
Beholder
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by Beholder »

Day 1, Vote Count 4

The Crumbling Waste

Within the core of Sanctuary the remnants begin their struggle anew...

1 Starbuck (0) -
2 Faraday (1) -
3 ABR (0) -
4 manho (0) - Fate
5 dramonic (0) - Iecerint, Chroniepie
6 chronopie (1) -
7 Fate (2) -
8 ooba (0) -
9 Mighty Orbots (0) -
10 Parama (0) -
11 Plum (0) - Plum, raj
12 totallynotmafia (0) - DarkStalker
13 SaintKerrigan (2) -
14 Elscouta (0) -
15 DarkStalker (0) - CryMeARiver
16 Snow_Bunny (0) -
17 Nikanor (1) -
18 Mina (0) -
19 SpyreX (0) - SpyreX
20 Katy (0) -
21 Tarhalindur (1) - Mighty Orbots
22 Percy (0) -
23 Kairyuu (1) - Mina, ooba
24 rajrhcpfreak (0) - Faraday
25 CryMeARiver (2) -
26 Iecerint (1) - Nikator, Parama
27 Ortolan (0) -
28 DTMaster (2) - Elscouta

Votes Required to Lynch: 15
Not Voting: 14
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by ortolan »

Mina (21) wrote:Question to DTMaster and Ortolan: do you know why were you both added to the game? Were you recruited by a specific faction?
I don't think this should be discussed, certainly at this point in time.
Plum (76) wrote:I forsee this being annoying and I blame it all on Tar for creating a role that does something this stupid in the first place.
Are you the one that apparently moves the votes around?
rajrhcpfreak (78) wrote:
vote: Plum

there is a couple of people i already see rising on my scumdar but someone not helping at all and selfvoting is someone that needs to be removed asap.
Scummy. She implied in her post she had a pro-town reason for self-voting and yet you're voting her "for being unhelpful" i.e. actually being scummy which is illogical and opportunistic. Not that I disapprove of her lynch if she wants to be lynched but your stated reason for voting her is not well reasoned.
rajrhcpfreak (85) wrote:SaintKerrigan random voted then for some reason when he found out the mechanic he unvoted to revote for me. somthing feels weird, its no longer random its intentional. do you have a problem with random voting Iecerint?

ill keep my vote on Saint. he was second on my list anyways.
Until you give a better reason this is now just retaliatory voting (OMGUS).
Albert B. Rampage (93) wrote:I want everyone to answer this:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Setup speculation time...how many scum do you think there are?
I'd guess around 10 including third parties.

~~scumvibes~~ from Fate's 97. There's the stretching to find scummy motives from a mere question SaintKerrigan asked, and also a very premature calling out of ABR as town.
Faraday (114) wrote:2 x 4 multiple factions + some form of neutrals that kinetic likes to throw in ala SpyreX and Mufasa in Wheel of Time. Adding up to ten all together I think.
This looks potentially right on the money to me.

ABR can lead the town.

Anyway

Vote: dramonic
(Fate)
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 3:59 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

The game just began and there's six pages already!? Geez, guys, give me a break.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 4:19 pm

Post by Faraday »

SpyreX wrote:Stuff
At the moment I don't see why we need to lynch you, unless I'm missing something. It's an annoyance but that's about it, really.

I'd also like to point out Plum isn't self voting, remember the vote loop she's voting for Saint Kerrigan.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 4:20 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Hey guys, the game started on my overnight. I'll be caught up by later today once I get to work.

Just wanted to check in.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 4:21 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Good day. This is the Zorblag head of Mighty Orbots. You'll be able to tell which posts are mine because I sign them among various other reasons if you have even a passing familiarity with the posting styles of Papa Zito and I. You're welcome to ask questions of me personally (I respond to Zorblag, Zorb, Zor, Z and Troll fairly well) as well as the Mighty Orbots account in general. Papa Zito is largely going to be in charge of casting our votes though I'll be giving him input both in the thread (to a small degree) and in our hydra quick topic (to a much greater degree) as the game goes.

If you've got any questions about my play you can look at all my past games in my wiki. There are links the couple games Mighty Orbots has been in down just about the quotes section.

@SpyreX, the explanation of the vote shift is nice. Am I to take it from what you said that the votes are treated as an ability as far as you know? Or are you saying that all abilities as well as votes are shifted by two players? Does the shift apply to passive abilities and reactive abilities as well as active (I think the answer to that should be obvious but I'd like to confirm.)

@Albert B. Rampage, one scum group made of gods (probably of different pantheons) with 4 members and one of other types (and possibly one divinity leading it) of 5 seems like it could fit the game size and flavor. I'd assume that there's at least one player/faction that's neither town nor mafia but I don't see why I'd have to assume scum for that at this time. If you want to bend the game to your will at the start it's fine with me so long as you get reactions from the players. That's why I like you in a game anyhow and I don't have any good reason to pick some group to worship based on information that I've got right now anyhow. I don't need to trust you to give you some power and see what you do with it.

@ortolan, your entrance to the game is pretty interesting. At some point discussing it will be a good idea; if you're convinced that's not now I can wait.

Fate's initial play is probably too ballsy for scum though I don't know his play well.

I expect SaintKerrigan to find this post suspicious just because I'm the one making it and it's how he reacts to me.

I'd like it if no one was allowed to slip through the cracks participation-wise. I will be taking lurking as scummy; the rest of you can object to that if you like.

Iecerint is perhaps a bit long on talk about the game and filler rather than suspicion but it is clearly a complicated game. He does get some content in with some of his latter posts and although I'm not sure I agree with his directions I can live with it. I don't think he's a good lynch at this time.

rajrhcpfreak on the other hand does look like a nice place to build a bandwagon based on the little I see.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 4:22 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Faraday wrote:I'd also like to point out Plum isn't self voting, remember the vote loop she's voting for Saint Kerrigan.
The rhetoric in her post indicated that she intended it to be like a self-vote.

Then again, Fate's circumstance, etc.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by Faraday »

@Iec it was in response to Ortolan/Raj's thing:
there is a couple of people i already see rising on my scumdar but someone not helping at all and selfvoting is someone that needs to be removed asap.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 4:26 pm

Post by SpyreX »

As an aside I absolutely don't understand Fate-hate at this junction.
Ice wrote:If the result is that disproportionately imba, the simpler explanation is that a disproportionate set of your group is scum, if anything. I suppose this may fluctuate depending upon the factors that make the Endless worshipable.
I'm not going into detail but depending on the makeup it is really nice for town overall and could be absolutely scandalous for scum.
Orbot wrote: @SpyreX, the explanation of the vote shift is nice. Am I to take it from what you said that the votes are treated as an ability as far as you know? Or are you saying that all abilities as well as votes are shifted by two players? Does the shift apply to passive abilities and reactive abilities as well as active (I think the answer to that should be obvious but I'd like to confirm.)
All actions and votes. Passives might be weird but, again, thats why I'd like to not have to deal with this because all we need is a chucklehead tired and/or not paying attention and a world of failure opens up.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 4:29 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@SpyreX, could you check with the mod about the passives?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Uh, OK, but that has nothing to do with the fact that Plum intended it as a self-vote. Hence, O/R/Whomever's complaint about Plum is valid IMO.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 4:35 pm

Post by Faraday »

Vote:SaintKerrigan

Not especially fond of your initial random vote having so much accompanying explanation. Oh wait.

Unvote
Vote: Plum
It's pretty clear she's aware of the voting system, so it's not an intended self vote. But anyway I don't think it's a vital line of discussion, but the point is voting her for self voting when she's not self voting isn't productive.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 4:35 pm

Post by Fate »

My wagon will never take off if big names like you lean town on me, Troll.

To answer SK: I never said I knew there to be win cons related to worships, that was just speculation on my part and their possible existence is one reason to have worships out in the open.

To plead with ABR: I called you town first, do I get to have some special role in your following? (To prevent an unnecessary question,
this
is me sucking up to you).

To the Wizard: Why'd you go and out yourself, meh. I would've kept it in the dark and watched scum shoot themselves in the face, but maybe that's just me. The all actions thing probably will help the 20 townies with actions more than hurt scum.

This be to Troll: Fate be agree with lurkin not be acceptable. But 28 players is 28 players, lurkin best be dealt with at night as Town be havin only one rope per day. I already see 6 names at a glance that Fate not be countin on for activeness.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Okay you cunts, let's see what you can do now

@Mina
Mina wrote:Question to DTMaster and Ortolan: do you know why were you both added to the game? Were you recruited by a specific faction?
I was told that I was to replace in ASAP, since I was a person on the replacement list. Then I got my role PM. And yes someone recruited me to join this game. Rawr!
Mina wrote: I thought a bit before asking that first question, but I decided that knowing whether DTMaster and Ortolan were recruited by specific players (they don't even have to reveal who) or factions or were just randomly assigned to the game tells us nothing about their role and potentially useful information about their alignment. I can definitely see the Mafia having the option of recruiting from the replacements list. And how they react to my question would allow us to read them better, to
What's your read now, cock sucker. I have no issues with cock suckers mind you, just scummy cock suckers. But scummy cunt munchers are the worst.

@Ice
That might not be the case in terms of flavour. Don't trust flavour analysis. Harry Potter Mafia with Scum Harry/Herminone/Ron.

Also your arguments are weak. Like totally totally weak.
Ice wrote:1. You are not reading.
2. You have poor reading comprehension.
3. You are scum overestimating how long it reasonably takes town to figure shit out and are consequently overshooting.
4. You are scum trying to bring confusion
1-2, is not a scum slip, nor a scum argument. You're just saying Fate didn't know about the vote shift. Hows this for analysis

It shows that Fate doesn't know about the vote shifts therefore he's probably not responsible
That's pretty dumb.

3. How do you know this? If it's like a Tar game
it takes multiple game days to fully figure out mechanics
. This is not a scum slip. Nor are you making any point in connecting Fate - SCUM via this argument.

You're just saying Town is smarter then that. That's just a difference of opinion.

4. How so? You're arguments don't make sense if you don't add in examples.

@Saint
Serious? Like, is that all?
Saint wrote: Yeah. I don't see how it helps town, but it helps scum by giving them an idea of how the town is likely to worship vote, which they can plan for accordingly.
How? Unless scum is one of said factions, or they know who's on each faction. V.V. If anything, People who have specific worships want to coordinate the worship votes for a certain factions.

We don't know if that faction is town-aligned/scum-aligned. We don't know if a faction gains the majority they grant us massive powerups.

Heck the whole worship thing reads as multiple factions, but not necessarily multiple scum factions.
Saint wrote:Fate, you need to explain what you know about worship win conditions and how you know it, now. Because I rather doubt worship win conditions are town-related.
Do you hate the gods you mother fucker? You seem to like ABR's plan that hint heavily about the worships, but you don't like the gods in general.

You are fucking scummy.

@Chrono
What scum claim? I didn't read one >>;;.

Also your latest post is horrible. I would totally go
DayKill: Chronopie

@Town
As an 11 year old girl, my mouth is as clean as a sailor and I'm the reason why rule 19 exists. I have a post restriction to swear like a sailor and insult people. So suck it up cunts

I didn't worship last night and I'm not required to follow any gods. I actually forgot about the worship mechanic. V.V. I'm busy trying to juggle my other games atm.

Have a nice day, asses.

Oh yeah last night I recieved a note when I came in. There is a mafia faction, and I highly think it's a single mafia faction and it has a Godfather. Yes I'm claiming role related information nao in Alice in Wonderland Style.

@Albert
Generally in large games there are lots of scum. Like 8 ish. Probably multiple factions of some kind (mafia of some kind and something else) generally but I suspect a single faction, but I know Mafia is one of them. Probably we have an SK. Probably 3rd parties.

So in terms of scum of -> 8-14

See Kingdom Hearts Mafia, Battle Mage Mafia, in my large themes to base it in.

@Mod
Mod wrote:28 DTMaster (2) - Elscouta
IS THIS BLOODY ACCURATE???!?@?!?@!?!@

Anyways,
Vote Plum (voting SK)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”