mini 943- Greek Mythology! (And the winner is... ?)

Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 1:29 am

Post by Jack »

Iecerint wrote:Yeah, Jack, I interpreted your attention to me as legitimate, because i *WAS* using a crap argument to save my "faction friend." It made more sense when I realized that my first two sources of heat had been GiD and then JHH.
I wasn't paying attention to who you were attacking though. That bit about english being SD's second language was just so out there.
Iecerint wrote:Jack, are you sorry for killing me? :P
:twisted:
ooba wrote:Why didn't you use Plum's special on N1?
I think we thought it would block our actions too.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 3:36 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

D*** f****** S***!

You fools! F***** jerks. How could you? Were you blind? Can't you see scum trying to bait you? Do you think I did not have good reasons for withholding my vote?! I knew Jack had Iec's counter. I asked LC about his night to find out if he still had ]i]his[/i] counter, because I had at least two good reasons to assume he'dlost it:
i) Just temporary withdrawing some one from the game has no benefit for scum- if not in a LYLO situation - and revealing that one as confirmed town makes it even a pro town skill. There had to be something more behind that super power to make it a sacum/Hades worthy SP.
ii) Ooba already surmised very plausibly that Andrius Hades would be a power thief - what would suggest itself more than him also being able to steal a counter?

Remember the following:
Even with all scum identified there is
no reason
to stop using your brains!

You knew who town were, you told me to hammer. You knew I wanted some question answered first. Why - WHY - could you not wait until
all the
town agreed on a plan? Do you know what no.1 reason for town losing is?:
impatience

You could not even wait one RL day for a lynch - before there was even discussed what happened in the night before...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So... Now I can calm down.

Congratulations Jack and Andrius. This was a bravura in manipulating a bunch of village idiots into their own demise.

Ooba played brilliantly for thge most part.

Iec did well, too, but should not have exposed our relation that openly.

LC was't bad, either, as far as I can remember.

PeeMyOwnBlood: Sorry, but every single of your night choices was abysmal for town.

FF had a horrible performance, if he showed up at all.

Plum and Joh did a good job in mimicing innocent townies - but their claims were just horrible from my point of view.

Every one else died early, I think....

@DN: PLease reveal the complete lineup to us: player - allignment - role - power - SP - eventual items or counters obtained. I can't wait to learn about that.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 4:16 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

And I was right about Plum. I speculated taht she was some kind of lesser lightning rod/kill absorber for Andrius... I just didn't come up with the term "bodyguard" for that.

I still don't understand why Jack claimed Persphone the moment he did it. What was your motive?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 5:31 am

Post by Iecerint »

Lots of players had established a Jack-JHH link. That may have been why. But I'm curious, too.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 5:54 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Still... Everything Jack did seemed to be oddly timed. He was always flowing just below my lynch priority and then he did something even scummier than before... In retrospect that tactic seems quite nice - I never really found a theory that this game seemed to fit in - because I never found a really plausible explanation for Jack's behaviour. I did not point out many of my assumptions, that seem to be true right now, as Plum being body guard, because I could not satisfactory integrate Jack into my theories. I don't think it was planned, though. But I will definitely remember this as a nice tactic for scum play with one's back to the wall... Just turn town to a bunch of freaked out chickens... Then let the headless bastards run into the direction you wnat them to...

NKing Ooba and daykilling Iec was as flawless as it could have been, too...

However, in any normal game mafia would have lost in that situation - but in any normal setup there would't have been such massive follow the cops syndrome, either.

I'll wait for DN's revelation before I post my final analysis...
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:19 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Still... Everything Jack did seemed to be oddly timed. He was always flowing just below my lynch priority and then he did something even scummier than before... In retrospect that tactic seems quite nice - I never really found a theory that this game seemed to fit in - because I never found a really plausible explanation for Jack's behaviour. I did not point out many of my assumptions, that seem to be true right now, as Plum being body guard, because I could not satisfactory integrate Jack into my theories. I don't think it was planned, though. But I will definitely remember this as a nice tactic for scum play with one's back to the wall... Just turn town to a bunch of freaked out chickens... Then let the headless bastards run into the direction you wnat them to...

NKing Ooba and daykilling Iec was as flawless as it could have been, too...

However, in any normal game mafia would have lost in that situation - but in any normal setup there would't have been such massive follow the cops syndrome, either.

I'll wait for DN's revelation before I post my final analysis...
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:41 am

Post by LordChronos »

@SD

Yep, if they hadn't gotten the day kill we would have won. Lynch Jack, then I roleblock everyone, then lynch Andrius. Game over.
I'm a talking computer.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:42 am

Post by Andrius »

SD wrote: @DN: PLease reveal the complete lineup to us: player - allignment - role - power - SP - eventual items or counters obtained. I can't wait to learn about that.
I'm excited for this, though I posted all the mafia's stuff, besides the item Jack got from me N5.

We could probably piece together 90% of the setup, if we were all here. The only thing we wouldn't know is SB's Super. :/
SD wrote: Congratulations Jack and Andrius. This was a bravura in manipulating a bunch of village idiots into their own demise.
I don't see my play asparticularly noteworthy. I won because I was able to convince/get you guys to lynch every other mafia member before myself, and I lucked out. :/

SD, you were the biggest thing in my way, D6. You questioned my Eris claim, and I didn't bother to respond because I needed Jack to be put at L-1. I lucked out, to be sure, with DataStrokers vote.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:42 am

Post by Andrius »

LC wrote: then I roleblock everyone
Oh yeah, I forgot about this. It was a lylo for the scum, then.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 7:10 am

Post by Andrius »

OBTW, the scum did not have fakeclaims. If that wasn't apparent when I claimed, then I just said so.

Well, Jack's real role was a fakeclaim in and of itself, which is something I brought up in the QT. And he played it well too.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 7:34 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

There was no way out for you, or so it seemed. How could you have played better? Maybe you had not planned it out, but in the end your playstyle turned out to be effective.

You were lucky that the other townies rather wanted to be baited into a rushed lynch then answering my questions and hearing my reasoning... Everything about Jack screemed "Lynch me!!!" and that was a sure signfor me that lynching Jack would likely be a bad move for town. I also knew about the Zeus counter, of course. And I was sceptic about LC's dis- and reappearence and all that, for good reasons as it turned in fact out.

LC: Did you know you lost your counter (same question goes to FF)? And if you did, why did you not tell us?

@KillMeAnAlma: What the heck were you thinking? Puting Jack at L-1 without announcing it and obviously without reading and understandng my previous post...

Vote worst player of the game: CMAlmaR
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 8:37 am

Post by Johoohno »

Great work in the end Jack and Andrius.

I really can't take any credit for this win, and town shouldn't feel bad at all - this game was swingy as hell (far too swingy for my taste - DN: did you calculate on mafia's and town's worst and best possible outcome to balance this?)

I really hated not having any good safe claims and I didn't even feel as the informed minority since we didn't know if all townies were within the twelve olympians or if other deities were used.

I'm totally okay with giving our scum night talk thread (guess we're only waiting for Plum to chip in now).
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 8:51 am

Post by Jack »

SD wrote:@KillMeAnAlma: What the heck were you thinking? Puting Jack at L-1 without announcing it and obviously without reading and understandng my previous post...
To be fair, FF's vote is what put it over the edge, because all we needed then was for andrius and me to be on at the same time.
SD wrote:I still don't understand why Jack claimed Persphone the moment he did it. What was your motive?
Iec wrote:Lots of players had established a Jack-JHH link. That may have been why. But I'm curious, too.
Didn't notice anything about a link between me and JHH, but if you remember that day it was the two of you and ooba running the show completely--"JHH, Plum, and Jack are mafia" was the accepted truth and all of us were lurking. So it was very much a "why not" claim, plus it entertained me. And it at least gave me some leverage to argue for a FF lynch, although in retrospect I should have argued for an Andrius lynch. I was hoping he would just slide by though. Also, I was definitely the most expendable member of the mafia team.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 8:52 am

Post by Iecerint »

Yeah, FF told us that LC had lost his token yesterday. So unless he'd gotten it back, we knew (reasonably) that scum had it).

SD, don't be mean. :( It was a bad move on his part, but really, the scum had it after LC/FF's two votes. If Andy and Jack were the last two votes in either order on a Jack lynch, scum would've won.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 9:19 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Still their was such a huge pile of things that needed to be scrutiniozed first... Thinking is what wins games for town... Seriously, they were all so overhasty with voting and lynching...
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 9:26 am

Post by Iecerint »

Yeah, I don't blame you for thinking that way. You probably should've grabbed the hammer on known scum anyway, though, after scum appeared to have needed to grab it the previous day.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 9:40 am

Post by Andrius »

I changed my signature to reflect this game, lol.

But yeah. Joh, I was upset when you died, because there was no way in hell that I would be able to fulfill WinCon C without you. And B required me to be dead, so. :P
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 11:27 am

Post by Iecerint »

I wonder why Plum started to try to bus you D2 given that your lynch would kill her.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 12:10 pm

Post by Plum »

Um, I dunno why I never ended up using my Super. It just . . . didn't happen.

Sorry for lurking. Especially later durng my tenure here I got
very
demoralized. Having basically your entire team caught and not having fakeclaims does little good for the morale.

We knew going in that this would be a crazy Thirty Xanatos Pileup going in, and I know we still won, but having no safeclaims - and I know the stealing powers from the dead thing was suppose to help this - really felt bad.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 8:48 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Learn to invent safe claims that do not blatantly contradict the rules :P If you had not claimed a really far off godess with a quasi bomb skill I would not have been so very suspicious of you as I were.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 8:52 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I was thinking before the JHH lynch -- "I bet scum'll claim doc." And then you did. ^^

But it was mainly that you're always a really sweet lady when you're town. (And JHH's antics.) I remember giving you huge ++love points when I read through Twilight.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 6:13 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Jugded by pure sympathy factor I'd never have suspected for Plum :)

DN, what about the lineup revelation?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 9:47 am

Post by Iecerint »

I'm going to go ahead and post the dead thread and my QT with SD before people unwatch. ^^;

Dead People Talk.

Siblings Talk, too.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 11:45 am

Post by LordChronos »

@Joh

Why did you CC Poseidon?
I'm a talking computer.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Haven't read thru all of this, but I love how SD is turning it on me when it was CLEARLY dumb on his part.
I noticed he was online, I voted. He clearly had time for the hammer. Nice try.
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”