mini 943- Greek Mythology! (And the winner is... ?)

DataStrokers
DataStrokers
Townie
DataStrokers
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by DataStrokers »

LordChronos wrote:Andrius, duh.
Ok, I'll try, but don't say I'm scum if it doesn't work, he is after all probably Hades.
Pikachu + Emotion = More Awesomeness
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by DeathNote »

The Battle for Olympus

Olympus has always been a widely disputed place, everyone wanting a piece of the action. Rule was distributed among the smartest and strongest of the Gods but it was usually unjustly so. Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades had been the three logical choices for leadership but Hades was foolish. He was tricked into his prison and since then has become ever so devious. He knew Zeus’ rule would not last and that one day, someone would turn on him.

Few weeks earlier:

Zeus laid lifeless… a God slain. His body did not bleed and his arms did not look scarred. He seemed as peaceful as ever but his very presence smelled of death. Hades entered the Golden Hall, his helmet dangling at his side as he stepped swiftly towards his brother’s corpse. Poseidon had been standing towards the side of the room, deep in thought. His brother drew his attention and the conversation went as follows:

Poseidon
: And what brings you here Undertaker.

Hades
: Yes indeed, I am the God of the Underworld and that is why I knew of Zeus’ death. I came to pay my respects of course. Have the others been told?

Poseidon
: Been told that you killed your own brother?

Hades
: I see… you have already planned to frame me for this.

Poseidon
: I do not frame. I will simply let the truth flow.

Hades
: Listen closely to me, dear brother. Now that the God of Olympus is dead… his soul belongs to me. It is now I that control the fate of the Gods. I am sure you didn’t take that into consideration when killing him.

Poseidon says nothing so Hades continues on his lie

Hades
: But seeing as I am a gracious God and always willing to help… I will give you a chance to earn Zeus place over me. Let us allow the others to decide who should rightfully gain the throne of Olympus.

Poseidon smiled, knowing he had the advantage with this bet. The others trusted him far more.

What a dreadful day. Zeus, the mighty King of Olympus... lay dead on the foot of his mighty throne. There was little resistance so perhaps it was just meant to be but more than likely, there was foul play. The Gods gather...

Poseidon
: "My friends and enemies alike. It is time for a new era. With my brother’s death, we must decide who shall supersede him."

Hades
: "I purpose a challenge for his place, brother."

Poseidon
: "You would... No doubt you killed Zeus as well. Come then, do your worst."

Hades
: "Not that sort of challenges... a challenge of wit. Let us go to the mortal world and disguise ourselves among them. From there we shall decide who has the leadership to take Zeus' place."

The Gods murmur agreement and decide that this course of action is best. It is time to pick your side...

Present Time
:

Over the night, two things had happened...

1) LordChronos had returned, unharmed. No one was quite sure what had happened but it was fairly certain that his return was a good one.

2) Athena, who was disguised as Ooba, laid dead having been burnt to death.

Andrius reappeared his shaking his head. He knew what had to happen next but needed to tread carefully. The end was near, it only needed to be decided who would win. The others instantly turned to him Iecerint leading the charge.

Iecerint: I have had enough of this. We know full well who you are and justice is in demand here. Both you and Jack have seen the end of your days.

Andrius: Lonesome fool... you can not kill me. My time is now and my time will forever be. Let me reveal to you the new era.

As the last words rolled from his tounge, Jack positioned himself behind Iecerint, his hands sparking. Iecerint turned just in time to see the electricity swarm about Jack's body.

Iecerint: ... Z... Zeus?

Jack: (his voice becoming more femine) Not quite...

Jack gave a wide smile and thrust one of Zeus' Lightning Bolts square into Iecerints chest. Shadow Dancer looked stunned as Iecerint landed with a dull thud. He quickly ran to his partner's side checking for signs of life that didn't exist. He let out a scream and charged towards Jack who was already being attacked but some of the other members. Andrius was the only one who remained still, watching with much interest. Jack looked pleadingly towards Andrius but received no mercy. He, or she, or whatever it was should have already known that this sacrifice was needed. Each member cut into Jack without mercy until her true form of Persephone was revealed dead on the floor. Shadow Dancer went on to weep for his fallen comrade while the others regrouped looking about for Andrius who seemed to have vanished. LordChronos stepped forward and called out, "
Come out Hades! It is over
!"

"Indeed it is, brother."

The group turned to see Andrius kneeled down beside Jack's fallen body and allowing a bright light to flow from her hand to his. He stood and looked at each person, dead in the eye. Then with a tremendous clap, he sent a shockwave that thrust everyone backwards. LordChronos was the first to try and stand but Andrius was already standing above him, his apperance had changed into a mighty warrior with blacken armor. His helmet had tiny slits to allow his red eyes to penetrate into LordChronos' soul. He placed his foot on LordChronos' chest and caused him to revert, revealing himself as Poseidon. The brothers remained for a few moments, one standing over the other until Flava Flav, who had shown himself as Hermes, called out saying,

"Is one of your brothers not good enough for you! You have to kill them both?!?!"

Hades
: It is your turn, brother. Tell them the truth.

Poseidon gave a defying glare at his brother as if to say
never.
Hades pressed his boot harder onto Poseidon's chest, crushing his body until he screamed out,

"
OK! I DID IT!
"

Hades
:
"Did what?"

Poseidon
: I killed Zeus... I wanted to claim his throne. But LOOK AT WHO IS GOING TO TAKE IT?!?! Do you really want Hades, the God of the Underworld to remain Lord of Olympus?!?!

The others just looked on with disbelief. How could Poseidon honestly kill his own brother? Hades they could understand but Poseidon? They had nothing to say on the matter and simply turned their heads, admiting defeat. Hades raised his boot and looked down upon his defeated opponent.

Hades
: Goodbye... Poseidon. Traitor of Olympus

A new era has begun....
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 5:46 pm

Post by DeathNote »

GAME OVER!!!

Mafia win as Hades has gained all three of the counters. Roles and night actions will be given as soon as I can get home which could be a few days. Mod notes may come before. If you wish to reveal quicktopic threads then feel free and the same thing goes for your Roles. This was a close game and I enjoyed it greatly, but very disappointed in town for not pulling through. You had this game. Thanks for playing and any suggestions would be awesome. I will be releasing All Star Mafia at the end of August and will have the same play mechanics with multiple powers. It will be a large theme game so look out for it.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 5:57 pm

Post by Jack »

DeathNote wrote:This was a close game and I enjoyed it greatly, but very disappointed in town for not pulling through. You had this game.
Yes, can you guys say...Yoink!
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 6:07 pm

Post by LordChronos »

So you were town, Jack?
I'm a talking computer.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 6:11 pm

Post by Jack »

LordChronos wrote:So you were town, Jack?
No. The "this lynch bodes poorly for the town" bit was for Iec's benefit.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 6:16 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Ugh, I was screaming at all of you. Only SD tried to hypothesize (incorrectly, unfortunately) why Jack had bothered to steal the last hammer. Also, you pretty much took Andy at his word, which was a kinda O.o moment for me from beyond. What possessed you to leave it at L-2 with two known scum was O.o to me. And then SD posted without hammering! XDXDXDXDXD

Oh well. At least I was right about Plum, AND ooba was right about Jack. And you can't feel too badly about a game where you find all the scum D2. ^^

Nice combination of luck and manipulation from scum. You had to make the correct item, then target the player with Zeus's item (me), then have the right player between the two of you lynched, and then get the hammer. And you managed it all, I think largely because people thought Andy had given up and wasn't really playing to his wincon anymore. Though I guess my framing Jack's hammer as 100% scum motivated sealed me in as the Zeus counter-holder, if it wasn't already obvious already (and I'm sure it was).
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by Andrius »

You guys nearly had us. Me, mainly.

I gambled so much towards the end, especially with the Eris thing. I had to kill Jack, my scumbuddy, to win, and he (probably) knew this.

I was Hades. I had my counter the whole time.
When I killed temporarily killed LC, I gained his counter.
I wanted to kill Ooba N5. Jack wanted to kill Iecerint, but I swayed him. (Hades > Persephone.)
So, Iecerint had Zeus' counter, and Jack DayKilled him. I knew I had to hammer Jack since Iecerint was killed, so I was constantly checking this thread, to see if the third vote had been placed. Had Alm/CMAR not rashly voted, I wouldn't have won.

I was indeed a power thief, but my superpower was the temporary kill I used on LC.

@ LC:
Jack was mafia-aligned the whole time.
He was Persephone.
Plum was in our mafia, as Cerberus.
Johoohno was our fourth member, as Erinnyes.

I had something for you, like a comment/concern/critique, DN, but I forgot it ATM, so.

Well, that was my first mafia win. lol
I think it would have been funny to have me and Alm/CMAR both kill each other N6. He would have been my target, as he would have had SB's possibly counter as well as his own.

I won't bother posting the roles of my other peeps, though I can do my own if you guys want. lol

@ My scumbuddies: Sorry that all of you had to die, lol. I was suspicious of all of you N1, because with 4 of us, I was wary of a Usurper/Traitor role, so. ^^;

I think my worst moment was when I failed to side against Joh. I didn't want to see him killed, but that led to me almost being killed D4, which caused Plum to die. (Plum was my bodyguard.)
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 6:22 pm

Post by Jack »

Iec wrote: Though I guess my framing Jack's hammer as 100% scum motivated sealed me in as the Zeus counter-holder, if it wasn't already obvious already (and I'm sure it was).
I was saying you last night, but then we figured ooba was more likely. Because he'd hammered someone already + was insisting on hammering. But yeah, your asking to hammer + the weird abilities you and SD had narrowed it down. Not sure why you backed out of hammering though.

I think the town just didn't figure that the mafia could win by getting the three counters.
Ugh, I was screaming at all of you.
:twisted:
Only SD tried to hypothesize (incorrectly, unfortunately) why Jack had bothered to steal the last hammer.
It was because I totally mixed up the win condition + plum's ability. I should have checked, but at least I only had to wait around for 2 minutes. And it was pretty funny.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 6:22 pm

Post by Andrius »

Iece wrote: You had to make the correct item, then target the player with Zeus's item (me), then have the right player between the two of you lynched, and then get the hammer. And you managed it all, I think largely because people thought Andy had given up and wasn't really playing to his wincon anymore.
I couldn't choose the item. It was all luck, or DN. I gave an item to Jack, hoping it was a DK. It was luck on that.
D4 I was going to claim that I was a Usurper, trying to get Jack killed, and then I had to devise the Eris claim in order to keep myself alive over Jack.
I thought we were royally screwed when I was lynched. I didn't think Plum would be lynched in my place. Luckily, I thought up the Eris bit, so.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 6:22 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Great flavor, DN. I (and especially ooba) enjoyed how all the PRs encouraged and rewarded principled set-up speculation, and I enjoyed having the best role EVER (Mason Cop Hider Day-Skipper). The counter mechanic was a little swingy, ye know -- the hidden scum wincon aspect is particularly <_<ish -- but it was still fun from the perspective of someone who had one. I thought SD was going to claim to have it a few times! ^^

I'm OK with sharing my QT with SD if it's OK with him.

Ditto on the dead-can-talk QT. I got a little spirited toward the end, though. Read side-by-side with the thread for maximum hilarity. ^^;
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 6:23 pm

Post by Andrius »

Jack wrote: I think the town just didn't figure that the mafia could win by getting the three counters.
This.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by Andrius »

The mafia had 3 Win Conditions, Iece.

-I had to be alive, and one of us had to have all 3 counters.
or
-I had to be dead and the others had to equal or be greater than the town in size.
or
-We had to control 8 of the 13 powers.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 6:26 pm

Post by Jack »

Iecerint wrote:Great flavor, DN. I (and especially ooba) enjoyed how all the PRs encouraged and rewarded principled set-up speculation, and I enjoyed having the best role EVER (Mason Cop Hider Day-Skipper). The counter mechanic was a little swingy, ye know -- the hidden scum wincon aspect is particularly <_<ish -- but it was still fun from the perspective of someone who had one. I thought SD was going to claim to have it a few times! ^^

I'm OK with sharing my QT with SD if it's OK with him.

Ditto on the dead-can-talk QT. I got a little spirited toward the end, though. Read side-by-side with the thread for maximum hilarity. ^^;
Was the Zeus power the day skipping thing? That's what I was thinking.

I think the hidden scum wincon was a mass claim balancing factor. It was the mass reveal that outed the scum team that told us who poseidon was and really ended up telling us who had the zeus counter.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 6:28 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Yeah, I knew that it was random. That's part of what makes your victory so amazing; all these random factors had to go just right, and they did.

I wonder if CMAR could have stopped the kill if he'd busdriven whichever of you with SD? My theory was that one of you blocked ooba and the other killed him, so that his ability had no net function. Do I have that right?

Andy, I actually speculated that the Plum result was due to a one-shot lynch randomizer in my QT with SD; so the same thought had occurred to me!
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 6:32 pm

Post by Andrius »

We actually didn't have a Roleblocker, so that was a bit frustrating. But one of us had a Super-Roleblock, so it was ok in that regard.
Iece wrote: Andy, I actually speculated that the Plum result was due to a one-shot lynch randomizer in my QT with SD; so the same thought had occurred to me!
Yeah, but she flipped scum, so that was something I thought one of you would bring up. I'm so glad you started the whole 'Sacred Saga' debate with me; that's where I got the Eris fakeclaim. lol
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 6:32 pm

Post by Jack »

We had a universal roleblock. Andrius used it and killed ooba.

I did nothing (was GF, had one shot "make everyone appear innocent" which I used the night you investigated andrius).

I sent in the kill on you right after I got the ability, then vanished. It looked really nice in the thread, Iec says that Jack is 100% confirmed scum, jack kills Iec who is town aligned.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 6:35 pm

Post by Andrius »

Jack wrote: I did nothing (was GF, had one shot "make everyone appear innocent" which I used the night you investigated andrius).

I sent in the kill on you right after I got the ability, then vanished. It looked really nice in the thread, Iec says that Jack is 100% confirmed scum, jack kills Iec who is town aligned.
Yeah, without VV-Cop you were kinda' useless. lol No big, you proved your usefulness in the end. ;)

Yeah. I was reading the Iece kill and was like O_o Jack got a DK as an item. lol I was giddy, but then I realized I
had
to hammer him dead, so.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 6:37 pm

Post by Iecerint »

At the time, I didn't push for the hammer because I didn't want to give myself away and thought ooba's reasoning was good. If he succeeded, and DS knocked out your kill, he could lynch me for the win the next day. In retrospect, I should've just pushed for the hammer. I was NK-proof that night, so you wouldn't have killed me successfully, and we would have won. Now I feel guilty. :(

Nah. Apollo is the Sun god, so he can skip a night. Artemis is the Moon goddess, so she can skip a day. They were our super abilities.

My Zeus abilities were "role cop" (which ended up being a normal cop once I used it, maybe because DN intended it to give cop-level information and didn't foresee that his scumteam flavor wouldn't be obvious) and "NK-proof." I could choose one of those. Since my Normal was a passive Mason ability, I sorta got to use 2 Normals every night. ^^

The "extra investigation is tied to the extra night" thing was only very vacuously true. I wanted to downplay that I was totally imba so that it wouldn't be quite as obvious that I had the counter.

Meh, anyone who requested massclaim given that Poseidon had a counter would've been lynched, I think. It's a possible intent, but idk. For one thing, if I'd been more proactive about collecting counters, I ran the risk of both outing myself AND being a player who could give Hades 2+ counters in one go and end the game on a big anticlimax.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 6:42 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I was toying with the idea that Plum's flip might've been just a reflection of YOUR alignment, since automatically killing ANOTHER scum member in place of you given your lynch would seem like the opposite of a good thing in most cases (say, if Hades happened to be lynched D1). But I leaned against it (and in favor of 4 scum) because of how OP town was. And it didn't matter, because you were both scum 100%. ^^

It's neat that Persephone was the GF. Lots of games like this blindly make the leader the GF even if it doesn't really make sense via flavor. PersephoneGF fits, since gods wouldn't necessary see her as scum.

Jack, I think your timing was even better than that, because it filled everyone will KILL JACK NAO sentiment. The only O.o moment was when Andy was like I THINK YOU SHOULD KILL JACK TO WIN, TOWN and town was like LOL THANX ANDY. <3 XDXD
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 6:43 pm

Post by Andrius »

D4 I was PMing DN over how if I died the scumteam was essentially screwed, since I was one of the two power thieves, (Joh was the other, but dead), and you guys had us all pinned as scum, so I had to find a way to get Jack and Plum killed before me, which was difficult.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 6:44 pm

Post by Andrius »

Iece wrote: It's neat that Persephone was the GF. Lots of games like this blindly make the leader the GF even if it doesn't really make sense via flavor. PersephoneGF fits, since gods wouldn't necessary see her as scum.

Jack, I think your timing was even better than that, because it filled everyone will KILL JACK NAO sentiment. The only O.o moment was when Andy was like I THINK YOU SHOULD KILL JACK TO WIN, TOWN and town was like LOL THANX ANDY. <3 XDXD
He wasn't the only one.
As long as Plum was alive, I would investigate-reveal as Town. Which is why I flipped town to you/SD.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 6:49 pm

Post by Jack »

Iecerint wrote: It's neat that Persephone was the GF. Lots of games like this blindly make the leader the GF even if it doesn't really make sense via flavor. PersephoneGF fits, since gods wouldn't necessary see her as scum.
Would have been nice for her to be recruitable :p
I know. I loved that. But we hadn't even planned for it remotely--so I had no way of knowing if Andrius was ready to do a quicklynch. I posted to indicate that I had the counter but wanted to keep quiet. He was probably waiting quietly for the third vote when I was waiting for him to post in the thread so that I could chat and verify that he was ready.
Andrius wrote:He wasn't the only one.
As long as Plum was alive, I would investigate-reveal as Town. Which is why I flipped town to you/SD.
I thought anything directed at you got directed at plum instead? So it didn't really work for investigations.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 6:53 pm

Post by Andrius »

Jack wrote: I know. I loved that. But we hadn't even planned for it remotely--so I had no way of knowing if Andrius was ready to do a quicklynch. I posted to indicate that I had the counter but wanted to keep quiet. He was probably waiting quietly for the third vote when I was waiting for him to post in the thread so that I could chat and verify that he was ready.
I tried to drop a hint to you here:
Hades-Andrius wrote: @ Scumbuddy: Did you get the item that was sent to you? I don't think I was RB'd, so it should have gone through.
I meant the counter. ^^;
Jack wrote: I thought anything directed at you got directed at plum instead? So it didn't really work for investigations.
Naw, it just flipped me as town. :)
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 6:56 pm

Post by Jack »

Oh. I didn't know what that meant. But when I said that he'd had the counter of hades that was a pretty obvious hint.
Naw, it just flipped me as town.
I guess my power was useless after all then. GF + universal Godfatherizer, and it did nothing, tch.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”