NY 114: Mafia vs. Werewolves (Game Over)

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 5:15 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

foilest is probably town, although totally wasting his efforts on someone who won't get lynched today. Vi is probably town, he's just prickly enough to convince me he's goign through his standard town opening. Super smash and Parama remain town.

I don't get this:
Unsight wrote:Outside of SSBF, I have a pretty decent scum read on C-pie. The whole "So a mason could also be a cop" thing from 260 reads to me like he's trying to direct scum to shoot the masons. Seems unnecessary for obvious reasons and I can't think of a pro-town reason to even go there the way he did.
What I'm struggling with is the pro-scum reason to do that. Scum can daytalk in this game, so what on Earth would be the point of publicly trying to convince your scummates to attack the masons? Unless you mean he was tryign to convince the OTHER scum group.

Unsight's posts make me twitch. I'd be happy with that lynch.

Yo nhammen - where you at?
I'm old now.
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 5:19 pm

Post by Unsight »

foilist13 wrote:
Unsight wrote:Outside of SSBF, I have a pretty decent scum read on C-pie. The whole "So a mason could also be a cop" thing from 260 reads to me like he's trying to direct scum to shoot the masons. Seems unnecessary for obvious reasons and I can't think of a pro-town reason to even go there the way he did.
Can I assume from this that you think he is a werewolf trying to keep the mafia away?
Not really. I'm not convinced there has to be scum in the mason group. I just came from a game where everyone assumed there was at least 1 scum in a 3-person neighborhood and mislynched in lylo. Not inclined to do that here when it looks like a self-solving problem anyway.
Games are meant to be fun.
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 5:31 pm

Post by Unsight »

SerialClergyman wrote:foilest is probably town, although totally wasting his efforts on someone who won't get lynched today. Vi is probably town, he's just prickly enough to convince me he's goign through his standard town opening. Super smash and Parama remain town.

I don't get this:
What I'm struggling with is the pro-scum reason to do that.
Scum can daytalk in this game
, so what on Earth would be the point of publicly trying to convince your scummates to attack the masons? Unless you mean he was tryign to convince the OTHER scum group.

Unsight's posts make me twitch. I'd be happy with that lynch.

Yo nhammen - where you at?
I just reread the rules a bunch of times along with all the mod's posts in this thread and the sign-up thread in the Queue and I have no idea where that came from. Either I missed a rather important piece of information somewhere along the way or that's one heck of a scumslip.
Games are meant to be fun.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 6:28 pm

So it's a deep south game - have you played one before? Did you check out how they work?
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 6:52 pm

WOW.

I just looked and I was totally confusing this game with another one. My bad. Sigh.

I have no idea whether scum can daytalk or not, but I can understand that looks badly like a slip. Zzzzzz.
I'm old now.
Sevis
Sevis
Goon
Sevis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 6:54 pm

Post by Sevis »

I'm sorry if I'm posting too little -- currently trying to keep up a rate of two or three posts a day. I'm not in the US timezones, so I'm asleep during the most active period of discussion.

So far, I like foilist's ideas, but don't have a read on him. His efforts at catching the scum make him look pro-town, but this isn't all that hard in a two-group game.
I do agree that if one of the masons flips werewolf, we should (probably, depends on circumstances) lynch another to make sure they're not a scumteam.
askbob hasn't been voicing suspicions all that much. Probably styles-of-play, but still find it noteworthy.
Dry-fit needs to post more...
Dr. Robotnik voting for a mason for rather weak reasoning concerns me.
LMP still looks pretty town, although the strictness of his formulation is mildly suspicious.
pman needs to post more, but it seems that he, like me, finds this to be a little bit too much of a crowd.
nhammen looks mildly scummy for jumping on the vezopiraka wagon, then shifting away from it rather suddenly. I can see why he could find a LMP lynch to give information, but it still seems like he is targeting vezopiraka too much.
Unsight is spotting a lot of interesting little bits of information, but doesn't seem to be voicing any opinions on scumminess. Doesn't look good at all.

Not going to change vote at the moment.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 6:54 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

Fifth vote count of day 1:

askbob (1):
Leafsnail

Chronopie (1):
Unsight

daniel94581 (2):
vezopiraka, Dr. Robotnik

Dr. Robotnik (6):
pman5595, Vi, askbob, LynchMePls, Midnight's Sorrow, Lowell

Dry-fit (0):
foilist13 (0):
Leafsnail (1):
SerialClergyman

Lowell (0):
LynchMePls (1):
Dry-fit

Midnight's Sorrow (0):
nhammen (0):
Parama (1):
Seraphim

pman5595 (0):
Pomegranate (0):
Seraphim (0):
SerialClergyman (0):
Sevis (0):
SGRaaize (1):
Sevis

Super Smash Bros. Fan (2):
Chronopie, Parama

The Goat (0):
Timeater (0):
Unsight (0):
vezopiraka (2):
foilist13, Super Smash Bros. Fan

Vi (0):

Not Voting (6):
SGRaaize, Timeater, Pomegranate, nhammen, The Goat, daniel94581

With 24 players alive, it takes 13 votes to lynch someone.

All players have posted within the last 48 hours, therefore noone will be prodded.

Pomegranate has announced V/LA till friday.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 6:56 pm

Post by Chronopie »

We're all slipping between games :P

I'm confusing some of my Mafia + werewolf games, one of which
Has
anti-scum roles being assigned to the other scum faction or town.

But I don't see where SC is getting his to slip from...
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 7:25 pm

I'm in a game with Incognito playing deep south mafia with a lot of the player base. I got confused between games. Scum must be allowed to daytalk in DS cos there's no night, but in this game we don't know whether scum can or can't daytalk.

So I just got the games confused, unfortunately.
I'm old now.
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 8:32 pm

Post by Midnight's Sorrow »

The people who could night talk had extra time to talk in the day I believe I saw somewhere.

Im pretty sure thats a one time thing. So we can probably safely assume that the scum in this game can only talk in the night phase from now on.

Right?

Or am I right?~
W/L/O
T: 8/6/1
S: 1/4/0
O: 0/2/0
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 8:41 pm

Where did you see that? It's not in the first post..
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 8:47 pm

Oh never mind, yep, the mod said it earlier.

Ok - well, then my comment specifically isn't coming from scum, because it's wrong, they can't night talk. (Unless it's some weird deliberate double-WIFOM).

Of course, I was talking about another game entirely, so it shouldn't be a town slip either but if anyone wants to view it like that then 10 points to you.
I'm old now.
Dr. Robotnik
Dr. Robotnik
Townie
Dr. Robotnik
Townie
Townie

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 11:45 pm

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

In my opinion, we shouldn't pay much attention to the mason grouping alone, because they could be werewolves, and that is as likely as anything. So I think attacking masons is warranted, but it can't be because they are masons.
snoPING AS usual I see
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 11:50 pm

Post by Vi »

foilist13 349 wrote:(Sorry 'bout the triple posting)
Vi wrote:I think vezo x daniel will take care of itself.
Why do you think that? One scum team or the other could decide the masons need to go, but why would they bother? These two are GREAT VI's to leave for the endgame. This whole mason fiasco has only cast doubt on them, and their claims are getting more and more fantastic. I don't forsee this situation handling itself.
This is a good point. The fact that they're not confirmed works against them (so it's not quite the same as the game I was thinking of where zwet-Mason decided to out himself D1). But I think we can still get away with not lynching them Today, and come back to them.
SerialClergyman 350 wrote:Vi is probably town, he's just prickly enough to convince me he's goign through his standard town opening.
:takeiteasy:
I forgot how to do Large games until a little while ago >.> There are too many mistakes and fallacies and goofs to run around correcting them all and rank them according to severity. I think the best way to play Today is to get an armful of Town reads and sway wagons off of them.
Sevis 355 wrote:I do agree that if one of the masons flips werewolf, we should (probably, depends on circumstances) lynch another to make sure they're not a scumteam.
Do you think that a scumteam outing itself Day 1 under the guise of being Masons is likely or a clever gambit?

I don't think I agree with Unsight's vote tbh.

@all people who at one time voted daniel {Dr. Robotnik, Leafsnail, Sevis}:
Why did you vote daniel over vezo?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
askbob
askbob
Goon
askbob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 12:09 am

Post by askbob »

Vi wrote:vezo is the more likely scum between the two VIsons, and I'm curious as to why people are pushing or half-pushing daniel more.
I agree with this, I felt him as scum from the beginning. However sepho easily could be. He's posted less, and for some reason outed all masons. I just think its a monkey box I don't want to open. They all are sucky players IMO thus its hard to pick which is scum and which is just stupid. I just think arguing over it is wasting the towns time finding the real scum.
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 12:19 am

Post by Dry-fit »

I'm kind of leery of the way the Dr. Robotnik wagon formed. A lot of players just saying "I like this wagon" without adding anything else.

That said I don't like Robotnik's response in 319. It's overly theatrical.

I don't see why LynchMePls is town.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
vezopiraka
vezopiraka
Goon
vezopiraka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 1:51 am

Post by vezopiraka »

Seraphim is just stupid. I don't know why he claimed.
Nobody from the mason group know about my power.
I think there was another question for me but I forgot it.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard.
Press ENTER.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 3:32 am

Post by LimMePls »

vezopiraka wrote:Seraphim is just stupid. I don't know why he claimed.
Nobody from the mason group know about my power.
I think there was another question for me but I forgot it.
Vezo, seriously, I think you have a real logic problem. Seraphim's claiming is the only thing that has even semi straightened out this situation. Blaiming him for your false accusations against your partners is ridiculous. You need to take responsibility for the fact that you started accusing people of being scum for almost no reason.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Sevis
Sevis
Goon
Sevis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 3:55 am

Post by Sevis »

Vi, I feel like Seraphim was put in the position where he could either claim, or at least one of his buddies would be lynched. I voted for daniel because I noticed him being overly defensive: vezopiraka, on the other hand, is a case I am having a lot more trouble figuring out.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 4:47 am

Post by Lowell »

Dry-fit wrote:I'm kind of leery of the way the Dr. Robotnik wagon formed. A lot of players just saying "I like this wagon" without adding anything else.

That said I don't like Robotnik's response in 319. It's overly theatrical.

I don't see why LynchMePls is town.
I agree with your assessment of 319, and robo's latest is no better. Moreover, I'd dispute that a 6-person wagon is a big deal. That's not even halfway there, so if you're suggesting this will become a convenient "quicklynch" then I doubt it. If he gets lynched he'll deserve it.

I find SCs explanation satisfactory, and consider him pro-town (I also see a little bit of SC-buddying from robo in his last post, but I think that's trying to latch onto a confident player rather than them both being scum).

I'm not thrilled with sevis' 355. Mostly the first sentence about his attempts at activity sort of hit me the wrong way. Players who try hard to monitor their own posting level, IMO, tend to have more to hide.
fos sevis
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 4:48 am

Post by SGRaaize »

I think the current Wagon on DrRobotnik is useless, I don't find him suspicious at all compared to the guys inside the supposed mason group aside from Seraphim

Vote: Daniel94581
I'm from EpicMafia and I love it there. Everything I say is now invalid.
I am a bad player, but I like to think of myself as the wild card that is unpredictable.
daniel94581
daniel94581
Townie
daniel94581
Townie
Townie

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 5:50 am

Post by daniel94581 »

LynchMePls wrote:
daniel94581 wrote:FMI why do you think I look most town
Do you need to be convinced of your own innocence?

If someone on the mason team is scum, I'm pretty sure it's daniel.
sorry brain lapse.

I am not a scummason or werewolfmason I am a townmason
daniel94581
daniel94581
Townie
daniel94581
Townie
Townie

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 5:58 am

Post by daniel94581 »

foilist13 wrote:
vezopiraka wrote:@daniel: Your last post looked really bad. Why did you made a bigger size and bold? And you know how I got that information.
Ok, so Daniel knows about vezopiraka's magic role giving him info. That means that vezopiraka has either outed it to the masons, or to the werewolves and he and Daniel are both werewolves. The second option is unlikely.

@Seraphim: Did you know about vezopiraka's role? If so, does it justify his knowledge that lynchmepls is scum? If so, why aren't you voting lynchmepls and trying to get him lynched?

@Daniel: Did you actually know how he had this information? If you did, why did you call him out about it? If you did, why aren't you voting lynchmepls and trying to get him lynched?
daniel wrote:
vezopiraka wrote:No I'm not some kind of cop. Also I'm not sure but at least of daniel or seraphim should be a werewolf.
To me your making this up but if anyone is it must be seraphim because I'm not.
Ok so you're not a cop.

You do however have the following information.

1) lynchmepls is mafia.
2) either Daniel or Seraphim is a werewolf.
vezopiraka wrote:I will take the 6)answer: Something you didn't talk about.

Seraphim claimed for whatever stupid reason he had.
I'll Unvote
Vote daniel94581
Ok, so you are none of the possibilities I mentioned. However, you are so confident in your information you are voting your mason mate on what is presumably a 50-50% chance, unless you have MORE information we don't know about.

So you are sure lynchmepls is scum, yet you feel strong enough about Daniel being a werewolf that you are voting him. Why?

And where are you getting your information? I've never seen someone make this many statements of role info without claiming to back it up. I have absolutely no reason to believe anything you've told me, and you're lack of meaningful response isn't helping.

I have no intention of changing my vote on you anytime soon.
Yes I did but masons dont have a way of knowing peoples alignment. that's why I'm not voting.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 6:51 am

Post by LimMePls »

You know what, I think the town is losing a lot of focus by the massive cluster **** that Vezo has caused. I'd like to share my info with the town, since I've hinted at it, but others don't seem to pick up on it. If the town would like me to completely clear this whole mess up, I'm willing to do so. If people think I should be quiet I will.

Above all else, as much as it pains me to say it, vezo is not scum. Any lynch of Vezo is a guaranteed mislynch.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 8:04 am

Post by Vi »

SGRaaize 370 wrote:
I think the current Wagon on DrRobotnik is useless, I don't find him suspicious at all
compared to the guys inside the supposed mason group aside from Seraphim

Vote: Daniel94581
Bolded: Why? (or rather, what do you think of the accusations against him?)
@daniel vote: Why daniel over vezo?

I think the Dr. Robotnik wagon is actually pretty awesome.
@Dry-fit
, who on the wagon is suspicious?

I don't disagree with Lowell accusing Sevis tbh. I keep getting the impression of an experienced player holding way way way back.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”