almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by almightybob »

SK wrote:@ Almightybob: In my mind, the best way to get into the thick of it is to find a reason to vote someone and see what happens. So far, it's worked beautifully.
So you replaced in on page 46, but you're going to start actually playing now, on page 63. Really 'getting in the thick of it' there.

So when you were finding this reason to vote, you didn't check to see if it was in fact a good reason? You just take any reason? You had to more or less immediately retract your vote because 30 seconds of investigation shows it's based on bad logic and it's demonstrably wrong. If that's what you define as working beautifully, we have very different opinions of what Townies should be doing.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by Amished »

SaintKerrigan wrote:
Amished wrote:@ SK: So... what did you think we talked about with regards to Dizzy (and SPS, to an effect) yesterday?
I don't recall having read that part yet. If you can give me a post number(s) for reference, I'll try to provide an answer.
Ok, lets see. You replaced in here on page 46.

Dizzy grabbed the pills here, on page 51 (5 pages after you replaced in). She then explained what the pills did here on page 53.

Finally, there's the post here that specifically states what you were "confused" about:
DizzyIzzyB13 in post 1323 wrote:Ugh, apparently I'm not allowed to use them on myself, but the mod has confirmed that they're used at the start of the day, thus ensuring that using my plan, the town gets the back if I die tonight. So really, there's no reason to not attempt to pull of my plan to clear myself.

Also: the mod has made it clear that they'll work on non-town players, so I will definitely be cleared by the pills working, but the person they are used on won't be.
OH, then don't forget that SPS claimed the molotov here; with similar confirmable status for him. This derailed two L-1 (mis-)lynches on D3 and contributed to our no-lynch.

How do you seriously miss all of this if you're a townie?
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 5:55 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

Alright, I am back from my V/LA. I am going to read over everything from my V/LA post, then post.
Looking for experienced designers to help me design
SONY MAFIA
, a sequel to my Nintendo Mafia game!

SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 6:00 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

@ Amished: It's easy to miss stuff if you haven't been reading up. Between Dizzy grabbing the pills and my first post of Day 4, I made exactly two posts. One was an anti-prod, and the other was a V/LA announcement. Does it look like I was paying close attention to the game at that point in time?

@ Almightybob: I admit I goofed up on the reasoning for your vote. However, the primary purpose of my vote was to get me engaged into the game (which I'd had trouble with before due to competing interests and catch-up slog), and in that sense it's been working well. Also, why wouldn't I retract my vote as soon as I realized that my reasoning was flawed?
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
The AI Director
The AI Director
Goon
The AI Director
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 6:57 pm

Post by The AI Director »

The Third Vote Count of Day Four
bv310 (1):
crypto
Amished (1):
Charlie
almightybob (1):
Starbuck
ReaperCharlie (4):
SaintKerrigan, dramonic, Amished, almightybob
DizzyIzzyB13 (1):
ReaperCharlie

Not Voting (3):
jmj3000, bv310, DizzyIzzyB13
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 7:16 pm

Post by Starbuck »

SaintKerrigan wrote:@ Amished: It's easy to miss stuff if you haven't been reading up. Between Dizzy grabbing the pills and my first post of Day 4, I made exactly two posts. One was an anti-prod, and the other was a V/LA announcement. Does it look like I was paying close attention to the game at that point in time?
Do you realize that you are just digging yourself a deeper hole when you state things like this?

What Amished is trying to get through your thick skull is that you should go back and read and be caught up before bringing up things that we discussed days ago.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 7:51 pm

Post by Charlie »

Interesting.

unvote
vote: ReaperCharlie

You're now at L-1.
Kindness
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 8:05 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:Plus... until he responded, it wass perfectly possible that either he hadn't yet recieved the molotov and the mod gave it to him after that post, or was attempting to not claim ownership of it until he could use it to clear himself tomorrow. As it is, that response makes me think he's more likely to be scum. Still...

Mod: For absolute clarity, is it possible for a player to acquire more than one item?

Yes.
Okay. In which case,
vote: ReaperCharlie
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
The AI Director
The AI Director
Goon
The AI Director
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 9:12 pm

Something was off about ReaperCharlie. Perhaps it was the way his clothes hung off of his skin... or maybe it was the cloud of smoke that followed him around everywhere. But when he opened his mouth and a tongue twenty feet long unraveled,
that
was the dead giveaway.

"KILL IT, NOW!"

The Smoker (ReaperCharlie), Ambush Infected Roleblocker, lynched D4

"We got another one of those sons of bitches!"

As his body disintegrates, you find the shattered remains of the Molotov cocktail...
Well, instead of smoking, you went out and got yourself a molotov cocktail! This thing would start a nasty little blaze if thrown at the right time...

With this in-hand, you may use this at any time during any day to wipe out all votes on a certain person and make them unlynchable for the remainder of the day. If you use this item close to deadline (within 4 days of deadline), it will add an extra week to the deadline.

You may not use this today, but after the next night phase, you may use this at any time. Keep in mind this is a three-shot ability, so once you use it, you will not drop the item if you are killed.

...of course, you're a zombie, so instead of using it correctly, you just smashed it and destroyed it.
All in all... it was a good day.

It is now Night 4. Deadline is 72 hours from this post.
The AI Director
The AI Director
Goon
The AI Director
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 8:57 am

Flavor text coming, eventually.

Jimmy Gibbs, Jr. (jmj3000), Shotgun-and-Defib-wielding Survivor, mauled to death N4

KICK-ASS!

You've got the shotgun! Its cold black steel feels good in your hands. Because you've got this item, you can now kill once every other night. So, if you choose to kill tonight, you will essentially be an even-night vigilante. Should you choose to kill on an odd-night... you get the picture.

Remember, if you don't kill at all and then you are killed, you'll drop the shotgun for someone else to grab.
The Tank (dramonic), Ambush Infected Godfather, brains om nommed N4

Bits and pieces of the medkit lay ripped to shreds on the ground by The Tank's corpse.
You have no use for such puny human items like medkits...
cruuuuush
. There. No more medkit.

...had you been a human, though, the medkit would have given you the ability to take a shot and keep on ticking. Low health? Near death? Just patch yourself up with a medkit, and things will be better in no time! (One-shot bulletproof).
Oh and don't forget, jmj3000 might have used up the shotgun with his odd-shot vigging... but this little baby is still here...

The
defibrillator
is up for grabs! With 8 people alive, 2 are eligible to grab it! Type
Grab: Defib
if you'd like to go for it.

It is now Day 5. Deadline is 3 weeks from this post.
Last edited by The AI Director on Sun May 30, 2010 7:13 am, edited 6 times in total.
The AI Director
The AI Director
Goon
The AI Director
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 5:56 pm

Day 5 is on hold while the mods sort something out.
The AI Director
The AI Director
Goon
The AI Director
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 6:41 pm

Okay, situation resolved. It is now Day 5. Any questions or comments can be PMed to the mod account and we will answer them.
jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 7:02 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

BAH! Go town.
Looking for experienced designers to help me design
SONY MAFIA
, a sequel to my Nintendo Mafia game!

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 7:24 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Grab Defibrillator
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 7:25 pm

Post by Starbuck »

So now, the question is answered for the rest of you that one-shot items are in the game, especially the skeptics who questioned me about my one-shot flashlight.
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 8:31 pm

Post by almightybob »

Grab: Defib
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 9:17 pm

Post by almightybob »

Okay, there are 8 players still in the game. We know there are two scum teams from the naming of that team as Ambushed, and I assume there are equal numbers in each team.

We know that Team Ambushed has at least 3 members.
If Scum Team B had 4 members, this game would already be over - 4 Scum B, 1 remaining Ambushed scum, 3 Townies.

Therefore the scum team size is 3, the Ambush team have been eliminated, and we currently have 3 Scum B vs. 5 Townies.
Which means today is mylo, and therefore one of the rare occasions where a no-lynch is tactically justifiable. I will outline the maths if people want.

Also, this is the point where I would be willing to consider a massclaim - although on the other hand if we're gonna no-lynch, I'm not sure if we should massclaim today since it might help the scum with their NK choice. What do you guys think?
I'm a townie! Honest!

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 9:39 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Personally, I've been suspicious of you for awhile and now with you bringing up the topic of massclaim (as well as the scum NK WIFOM), just makes me trust you less.
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 9:56 pm

Post by almightybob »

Why? The reason Iwas opposed to massclaim before is because it was too early. At that point, it would only have helped scum. But since we're now in mylo, I figure it might be worth a try now.
And where did I mention NK WIFOM in that post?
I'm a townie! Honest!

DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 10:41 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

almightybob wrote:Okay, there are 8 players still in the game. We know there are two scum teams from the naming of that team as Ambushed, and I assume there are equal numbers in each team.

We know that Team Ambushed has at least 3 members.
If Scum Team B had 4 members, this game would already be over - 4 Scum B, 1 remaining Ambushed scum, 3 Townies.

Therefore the scum team size is 3, the Ambush team have been eliminated, and we currently have 3 Scum B vs. 5 Townies.
Which means today is mylo, and therefore one of the rare occasions where a no-lynch is tactically justifiable. I will outline the maths if people want.
Equal size is not a given, thus this analysis is ultimately useless.
Starbuck wrote:So now, the question is answered for the rest of you that one-shot items are in the game, especially the skeptics who questioned me about my one-shot flashlight.
Granted, but it doesn't eliminate the possibility that you are scum, since scum would have been alerted that the flashlight was a one shot, as per the example provided by the Molotov PM sent to the scum, which mentioned that it was a three-shot ability. I don't believe it's necessarily likely, since you couldn't have 100% known that jmj was town with two factions, and the possibility that he was on the other scum team would make such a bluff more daring than in a single faction game. Still... it's a possibility that the town can't rule out.
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 10:48 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Well, with what happened on the overnight, who are your top suspects?

That last paragraph that you wrote still feels to me like you suspect me, although, I had the Role PM that matched thatguy and I also announced that Jmj was town in the first post of Day 2.
Starbuck wrote:JMJ was my top suspect yesterday. That's why my vote didn't move. I am a firm believer in keeping your vote on the person you suspect most.
Is that going to be an ongoing thing today? I hope not.
Town has much more important things to focus on.
If you read the first words of each word going down, it says "jmj is town".
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 12:50 am

Post by almightybob »

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:Equal size is not a given, thus this analysis is ultimately useless.
Not really. It's not a given, but it's highly likely. In all the games I've read with multiscum, the factions have had equal numbers. Plus it would be pretty unfair to one scum faction to give the other more players. Just for mod ease of balance I would assume equal numbers too.
Anyway, I'd rather err on the side of caution and assume that we are in mylo.
Starbuck wrote:I also announced that Jmj was town in the first post of Day 2.
A coded message =/= an announcement.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 1:58 am

Post by Starbuck »

I did announce it with my claim (as you conveniently are forgetting), but I wanted to point out that I breadcrumbed it as soon as the Day opened.
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 2:03 am

Post by Charlie »

I trust Starbuck to be town. One who possesses a healthy amount of paranoia, which is a good thing at that. Almightybob, I would like to take up on that offer of a maths outlining if you would! Regarding the idea of a no-lynch...I think that would just get Dizzy killed. Massclaiming suddenly does not sound like a fantastic idea after the church guy and Jimmy Gibbs Jr. flipped town. Apparently, flavour does not match scumminess in this game.

The remaining bad guys are...oh I don't know, Amished, almightybob and bv310 I guess.
Kindness
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 2:08 am

Post by Amished »

@bob: what happens if it's an SK + a larger group of mafia?

If it's 2-1-5 left; we're in mylo (given that there are no cross kills).

If it's 1-1-6 left (possible depending on scum power) then we have no reason to no-lynch. 18 people alive; 5 scum (total) isn't outrageous either. Without knowing, your suggestion is scummy as all hell.

@Dizzy and Starbuck: You're both town, focus on scumz.

I want to go back and check dram/tar/reaper for buddies. Probably have time to do that tonight.

@Charlie: Do you even have a case? You've been saying that I'm scum for a while now.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”