Newbie 947 (Game over Scum wins!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Wacka Alpaca
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 4:15 pm

Post by Wacka Alpaca »

Why did I write that Jmurph is more suspicious than Jerbs?

Mostly because he isn't really posting anything helpful (Although... almost half of us aren't...).

It isn't so much that he is MORE suspicious, it is more that I find Jerbs LESS suspicious.

So for instance, I started the list with my top and bottom suspicious people, the people I can slot in for sure.
For me, this was the top two, and the bottom one.

After this, I slotted in people I thought were more suspicious, and then the next person was less than them, then the next was more than them, but less than the other guy, etc, etc.

That list is out dated, as it was posted almost a week ago.

Keep in mind that being the third highest person is still like being 3/8, which really, isn't that high.

The top two, THEY are my suspicious guys, everyone else is low to medium suspicion.
(Again, my list has changed, as hopefully everyones has)

And to whoever says telling the town to be more active is a reverse mafia trick, I ask this:
Is the town at the activity level you WANT right now?
If you answer no, then back me up, and try to motivate these lurkers!

I hope I answered all the questions, but feel free to keep asking more, or restating any I forgot again.
"He talked about justice, but nobody stirred. He felt like an outcast, alone in the herd." - Cows With Guns
http://i42.tinypic.com/sc6wp1.png
bemyally
bemyally
Goon
bemyally
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 7:00 pm

Post by bemyally »

mb53 wrote:
BMA wrote:SDG felt the pressure and
immediately
unvoted.
Felt the pressure!? No one was voting for, or accusing him.
BMA wrote:It was also RVS, and this is important because by accusing a random person, you get to see how they react to your vote.
I think he figured that out, so unvoted no lynch and voted for someone else. So that makes him scum?
I would encourage you to reread the thread. You may find that at least two people had already voted for him before me.

No, I think he figured out that he would be in a tight spot if he let his 'no lynch' vote stand. It doesn't necessarily make him scum, though I would have said so on Page one. I see now that it could merely have been a newb-tell, BUT you certainly aren't helping his case. What I don't like more than the quick unvote was the offense he took to being 'attacked' by everyone. Your replacing SDG led to you making a case on me. I'm guessing that's your defense, right? Wacka did say you should make a case on someone else when you are under fire. Well since I'm so scummy, I'm just the right person, aren't I?
The longer I wait, the harder I'm gonna fall.
bemyally
bemyally
Goon
bemyally
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 7:11 pm

Post by bemyally »

mb53 wrote:Felt the pressure!? No one was voting for, or accusing him.
Whoops, sincerest apologies.
There was no other post in between his change of votes, so I do correct myself. (Please don't kick me for it).

Still, I don't like how he immediately unvoted and voted for Xc0m. If I can recall (as I failed to do so before), jmurph3 had voted for Xc0m before him. Would this be classified as bandwagonning?

I may also point out that he stated, "Vote no lynch, we don't know anything about anybody yet"

only to later say, "Actually, I don't really like that fallout avatar.. so, sorry Xc0m"

Umm.. excuse me? Can we rewind for a second please? Didn't he just say that he wanted to play it safe, and suddenly he just chucks his vote out to the wind? It was a bizarre change in tactics if you ask me.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 2:21 am

Post by Zachrulez »

6th vote count of day 1:

bemyally - 3 (mb53, Xc0m, Me=Weird)
mb53 - 2 (Haylen, Wacka Alpaca)
Xc0m - 1 (MichelSableheart)
Wacka Alpaca - 1 (jmurph3)

Not voting: (bemyally, Jerbs)

If I made any mistakes, politely point them out as soon as you see them.

Deadline is May 19th at 9am CST
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 9:13 am

Post by Jerbs »

I think we should lynch mb53 today.

Even though he hasn't done much wrong, his predecessor wimped out once it seemed that people were voting for him.

And still hasn't done anything to help us try to tell if he was saying the truth about the unvote.

He repeatedly states "Lynch me", and even says
SDG wrote:i'm not trying some weird tactic where you see my confidence and back down, i'm serious. lynch me, waste a lynch OR we can focus on finding real scum.
I don't know what "weird tactic" is suppsed to mean, but its kinda strange someone would post this

...And then
SDG wrote:if you guys are gonna lynch me, please do so otherwise i'm gonna ask for a replacement.
the reason i ask is because its not fair to ask for a replacement only to get that person lynched as soon as they arrive.
SDG wrote:i'm not trying to convince you i'm not scum, i'm just wondering whether the lynch is going through cus its a bitch move to replace out just before getting lynched. if using a word like honest is an appeal to emotion then i'm gonna be doing that a lot since thats my way of speech and you guys are ignoring context.
SDG wrote:sorry that some of you took my wanting to replace out so harshly, being vindictive only makes you a horrid person, i'm not quitting cus i'm suspected scum in fact on the other forum i was talking about i got to an L-1 vote and probably gonna die today. i'm not replacing out of that game. i just don't want to be a player who doesn't really feel like playing cus that would ruin the game for all of you.
a few problems i have with this is that:

1.He pretty much just says "Yeah, screw you guys, im gunno go play on somewhere else, so don't lynch me because the next guy that replaces in will be PO'd that he gets lynched. And even if you do lynch me, im gone now, Loser."
2. Repeadeatly states "Im not scum". I don't think that one has to say the same thing so many times.
3. Also asks for us to lynch him. Now this can be taken with a bit of WIFOM, but IMO if someone asks people to lynch them, they are most likely scum. I don't know why, if he was town, he would do this.

Part 2:

mb53 replaces in. And isn't lynched. (yet)
mb53 wrote:Most of the votes on me look more like newb-tells than scum-tells.
I acknowledge that he needs to defend himself, but i think its a misstatement to say that everything was a newb tell.

he is active, but lacks a little on the content side. But then again, all of us are like that. It is true though that most his posts have some stuff in them

..........................................................................................................

So, i think that even though mb53 is not SUPA scummy, SDG's play makes me think otherwise. I believe that SDG/mmb53 may be scum, im not sure. However, SDG's scummy moves make me want to vote him.

Vote: mb53

@Haylen

was RB's last game Newbie 914? (just out of curiosity, because i was in that game)

[/quote]
"Those that hammer others are called scum. But I think those who lurk and refrain from voting are worse than scum. If I'm going to be called scum either way, I'd rather hammer! And if that's not being a proper Mafia player, then I'll destroy that idea!"
V/LA on most weekends
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 10:12 am

Post by Haylen »

Popping in quickly to answer Jerbs. No, the game I am refering to was 951 (i think) Sotty ran it. Sorry, i tend to remember games by the mod or game name rather than by the number, for example, my newbie game is Poetic Justice but if you asked me the number for it I wouldn't have a clue...even though I wrote it :P
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 10:29 am

Post by mb53 »

Jerbs wrote:i think its a misstatement to say that everything was a newb tell.
Guess what? I didn't. I said most.
Your
statement is a misstatement.
Jerbs wrote:he is active, but lacks a little on the content side.
How much of a hypocrite can you be? You have posted close to no content, or had any activity, while every post by me (except the first 2) were necessary.

You thought that SDG was scum, and that I'm not all that scummy, but you vote for me a week or so after the scummy one leaves?

I don't like it when people's votes are dripping with hypocritical reasoning.
Unvote

Vote: Jerbs
i literally need to start a driving blog, please remind me
Wacka Alpaca
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 11:25 am

Post by Wacka Alpaca »

Although Mb's reply seems a bit heavy of OMGUS, he does raise some valid points; and hypocricy, is also known as contridiction!
As pheonix once told me, those are bad.

I still think SDG is scum, unfortunately he got replaced by a solid player.
My vote stands.

I'd like to ask Jerbs why he decided to change votes now? rather than earlier, as nothing new has happened in regards to MB for a bit.
"He talked about justice, but nobody stirred. He felt like an outcast, alone in the herd." - Cows With Guns
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by Jerbs »

@Wacka Alpaca

I didnt have enough time, or the motivation to write up a wall of text earlier.

also, I'm a hyprocrite. That tends to happen alot in MS games.

@mb53
my mistake then. Hypocrisy is very big in MS

@Haylen

I think bird modded my game. I usually remember games by how i died in them.
"Those that hammer others are called scum. But I think those who lurk and refrain from voting are worse than scum. If I'm going to be called scum either way, I'd rather hammer! And if that's not being a proper Mafia player, then I'll destroy that idea!"
V/LA on most weekends
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 1:11 pm

Post by Me=Weird »

Aagh can't post my sister hi-jacked the computer.
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 10:26 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

Wacka wrote:Please list the Q's aimed at me, so I can answer them.
Mb already named his question. Questions from 131: "Can you please expand a bit more? I don't really see what you mean when you call M=W reasons bland and uninspired." "@Wacka: Why does your belief that Bemyally doesn't understand how to play rule out the possibility of her receiving a scum role? Roles are distributed randomly, so weaker players are just as likely to receive scumroles as stronger players are."
mb53 wrote:You don't consider xc0m to be lurking?
Xc0m was making more game relevant posts then the three players I listed. In his posts, he at least gives the impression of trying to find scum.

Wacka's post #150 does not at all answer the question why he listed Jmurph as more suspicious then Jerbs. The only reason he gives is that Jmurph hasn't posted anything helpful... but surely Jmurphs posts were more helpful then those of Jerbs?

@Jerbs: The attacks on demongob early day 1 felt a lot like the less experienced player was pressured. From the votes he receives there, I get the feeling that one or two players are trying to take advantage of his strange play. This makes me believe that demongob himself is town, who was being pressured in order to get a mislynch.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 4:39 am

Post by Me=Weird »

Haylen wrote:Popping in quickly to answer Jerbs. No, the game I am refering to was 951 (i think) Sotty ran it. Sorry, i tend to remember games by the mod or game name rather than by the number, for example, my newbie game is Poetic Justice but if you asked me the number for it I wouldn't have a clue...even though I wrote it :P
Yeah sotty was the mod. I was in it, and I was
really
annoyed by RB and nessa's cheating, because I was a goon(the set-up and roles have been regenerated). Now, to game relevant-ness!!
I am seriously rethinking this, wacka alpaca is seeming scummier than BMA. I will
probably
post a case later. Until then,
Unvote: Bemyally
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
Wacka Alpaca
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 5:33 am

Post by Wacka Alpaca »

Michel wrote:Mb already named his question. Questions from 131: "Can you please expand a bit more? I don't really see what you mean when you call M=W reasons bland and uninspired."
This was a while ago now, but I will try to remember what I was thinking at that exact instant, as to give the most relevant answer. Basically, all of the reasons Me=World gave, were standard things that ANYONE could say. for instance saying things like "Oh, that's appeal to emotion!" or "Wow, contentless posts!", what I wanted from an analysis was personality, a thought process behind the accusations. This is what inspires emotions to come out as people believe they are being cornered by more serious accusations, and not just some basic break-down of thier posts.
Michel wrote:Why does your belief that Bemyally doesn't understand how to play rule out the possibility of her receiving a scum role? Roles are distributed randomly, so weaker players are just as likely to receive scumroles as stronger players are."
Hahahha, OK, here is the thing about Bemy, read all his posts together, and you will see he is the most confused player in this game. There is NO WAY he could ever make a plan to trick people into thinking he is town, while he is mafia. IF he was mafia (For his first game) his most likely attempt at strategy would be something much less risky, something much more basic, for instance, lurking. This is why I believe that lurkers in NEWBIE games, are more likely to be scum. And this is why I think Bemy is just a misunderstood town. From this point, it will take a lot to get me to think Bemy is scum, and for me, I have ruled him out of my "Able to vote for today" list.
In other words, if nothing huge happens regarding Bemy TODAY, I think there are better candidates for lynch, don't you all?
Michel wrote:but surely Jmurphs posts were more helpful then those of Jerbs?
I gotta be honest here, like I said in the reply to the Q earlier, I made a list like this:

1)
2)
3)
4)
etc.

I then slotted in my top two (Refer to old list for that), and my bottom one (Bemy as I recall). This gave me 5 slots to fill in, so I started with the people I think we don't have enough info on, and made them all the same priority above Bemy. Now I have 2 slots left, at the time, I felt a more suspicious move towards Jmurph than Jerbs (However, my reasons for thinking that were the same for both people. EX//: I thought JMurph was suspicious because of contentless posts, but I also thought that of Jerbs).
I hope this clears it up, and I'd like to note that suspicious is relative, and my suspects are different than yours, even for the sole reason that I'm not on my list, and you yours.
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 6:08 am

Post by Jerbs »

@Wacka Alpaca

Bemy is is girl. Remember that

@Michel

Thats a good point. I didnt think of that
V/LA on most weekends
Xc0m
Xc0m
Townie
Xc0m
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 7:52 am

Post by Xc0m »

Ow, right, so I'm lurking now, even when I said I'm going to be more active. ._.

Reviewing the analysis of bemyally's actions, I have to admit that Alpaca has a point. So, for now:

Unvote: bemyally

More structured analysis to come...
Everybody lies.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 12:37 pm

Post by jmurph3 »

Sorry I haven't been around much, everyone. Things came up in real life.

Given as we have 4 days left before deadline, I think we need to focus in on a lynch. It might be helpful if everyone posted their top two scum possibilities/
people they are willing to lynch
. I say that because at this point, if one did not have a solid scum figured out, it can be beneficial to the town to lynch a lurker, for example, or someone who has generally not been useful to town.

At this point, unofficially speaking, mb53 has the most votes with 3 (I think - if I got this wrong, forgive me). The mb53 case obviously carries over from SDG. Personally, I don't think the case on SDG was ever that great to begin with, and I'm not sure if I agree with this lynch. mb53 has been active, though mostly in defense of himself - which is not altogether surprising, given as most of what has been said has been aimed at him - and I just don't find SDG's no-lynch vote and then unvote/revote to be that scummy, nor do I find his repeated "lynch me"s, etc. Certainly not helpful to town, but to me this does not an effective case make.

Besides, without the unvote by SDG, the entire case rests on the "lynch me"s, as far as I can tell, and as bemyally has said the same thing, this just doesn't convince me that one is scummier than the other. That being said, if it's the will of the town to lynch mb53, I will follow suit, but I just don't think it's convincing enough.

Me=Weird and Xc0m have just unvoted bemyally for reasons that I don't entirely understand, and not voted for anyone new...thus becoming incredibly unhelpful (more so than before, if possible). Neither of them has posted much of anything, and are both up there as lynches I would support strictly because of lurking.

I definitely still think Wacka is scummy, or at the very least not being helpful to town. Despite his tirades against every other person in this game for being more or less useless (I'm paraphrasing), I haven't found too much of what he has to say particularly helpful. In particular, as already mentioned, his percentages are blatantly confusing, and, given the discussion it's stirred, his "list" hasn't been overtly useful either. He seems to be deliberately steering the town, whether it's through degrading comments (and no, I'm not talking about the Penis thing. I'm talking about him saying that the town is being useless and needs to start doing something), or through confusing tactics possibly meant to lead newb town.

So at this point, with 4 days left, and well noting that this is subject to change, the two I would be most willing to lynch are:
1. Wacka Alpaca
2. Me=Weird/Xc0m
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 1:03 pm

Post by mb53 »

My #1 suspect is obviously Jerbs. I hate it when people vote for someone for the same reasons that other people could vote for them for. I feel like he thinks that I am most likely to be lynched today, so stuck his vote on me.

I am ok with an Xc0m lynch too, but I doubt that should/will happen. The only thing against him is lurking, and is bad reasoning for unvoting BMA. He has also lacked on making cases against anyone.

I have a gut town feeling on Wacka, and Me=Weird is playing similar to how he did in his other game (933).
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by Me=Weird »

jmurph wrote:Me=Weird and Xc0m have just unvoted bemyally for reasons that I don't entirely understand, and not voted for anyone new
can't speak for xcom, but I plan on having a case on wacka by monday or tuesday, tomorrow have to help set up for an upcoming horse show(yes I do ride).
Show

Wacka Alpaca
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by Wacka Alpaca »

Jmurph just jumped up a few slots on my suspicion list.
He said that I hadn't really contributed anything, despite my large amount of posts.

Being Jmurph, a lurker player (Like some others), this would obviously be a good defence for him NOT getting lynched.

EX//: I'm lurking, and I am a good back-up lynch for a divided town, I know! I'll try to shove someone who everyone has had enough time to read because of their more abundant posts under the bus!

That is how im reading Jmurph right now, I'm seeing him as going after the one person he has decided can sway attention off of him (Atleast untill tomorrow, but... "Tomorrow Never Dies")

So, im gonna do my top 3 suspicious people.

1) - Mb53
2) - Me=World
3) - Jmurph

I'd be willing to lynch any of those three, while on the flip-side, the only person that I absolutely do not want to lynch (Today atleast) is,
1) - Bemyally

Hopefully when everyone posts their list, we can cross reference and choose the "Favorite" as it were.
bemyally
bemyally
Goon
bemyally
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 2:34 am

Post by bemyally »

Jerbs wrote:Bemy is is girl. Remember that
Thanks Jerbs.

Um, wow okay why did M=W and Xc0m suddenly unvote me :/
@Wacka: If I wasn't confused before, I am now..

Anyway, now I'm feeling like anyone who accuses me might become suspicious to everyone else since I'm 'obviously not town.'

I will be making my vote perhaps on Wednesday, I have four assessments due this week :(
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 2:39 am

Post by Me=Weird »

I'm going to say wacka alpaca, because all he does is make a case on SDG, coach BMA, and say anyone who thinks BMA is scum is an idiot. And I also have a theory that if you attack BMA, you're automatically on his scumlist. And the harder you attack BMA, the higher on his scumlist you are. So, I'm looking at a alpaca-BMA scum-team. and in that most recent post from BMA, she says "@Wacka: If I wasn't confused before, I am now.." why did she address alpaca specifically? With this,
Vote: Wacka Alpaca
Show

Wacka Alpaca
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 12:10 pm

Post by Wacka Alpaca »

Me=Weird wrote:I'm going to say wacka alpaca, because all he does is make a case on SDG, coach BMA, and say anyone who thinks BMA is scum is an idiot. And I also have a theory that if you attack BMA, you're automatically on his scumlist. And the harder you attack BMA, the higher on his scumlist you are. So, I'm looking at a alpaca-BMA scum-team. and in that most recent post from BMA, she says "@Wacka: If I wasn't confused before, I am now.." why did she address alpaca specifically? With this,
Vote: Wacka Alpaca
This is looking a bit desperate, how stupid do you think I am?
This isn't my first game, why would I do such an obviously horrible play like that?

Again, desperate. M=W, why no instead of saying these round about wrap-up type posts, you make a case? you know, move discussion along, etc.
I'm only guilty of trying too hard to motivate the lurkers.
If trying to get people interested in hunting scum in wrong, I don't want to be right.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 12:28 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

Sorry, another placeholder post, content tomorrow :(
There is no 'a' in Michel.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by mb53 »

Hm, not much talk today, normally there would be more this close to deadline.
@Haylen/xc0m: Could you... you know... post more?
@BMA: Do you realize that Wednesday at 9 am is deadline? Maybe you should make a case sooner than Wednesday...
@Me=Weird: You don't think that Jerbs is scummier than WA? Be sure not to get your mind set on 2 people being the only possible scum team.
@ Jerbs:
Jerbs wrote:also, I'm a hyprocrite.
That is like saying: "I'm normally scummy, pay no attention to me." Which is scummy.
Jerbs wrote:my mistake then.
Your mistake? For what, voting for me?
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by Jerbs »

Wacka Alpaca wrote: why would I do such an obviously horrible play like that?
:arrow: SE note: "why would I" is WIFOM. Likewise, "If i were scum/town" is also WIFOM
V/LA on most weekends

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”