mini 958: Just Another Mafia Problem - GAME OVER!

MrSandman
MrSandman
Townie
MrSandman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 4:58 pm

Post by MrSandman »

This is the last thing we needed.

Deadline is in two days with no more extension time available and we get a rage quit.
Mafia: 1-0
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 5:03 pm

Post by Unsight »

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
Unsight wrote:and at least two of the people on TBM's wagon are themselves very scummy.
You mentioned Shotty to the Body as a suspect. Your 2nd and top suspect is ConfidAnon. But you said that there was
at least two people
on TheButtonmen's wagon who was scummy. Who is the 3rd person you find scummy?

Is it me? It is Elias_the_theif? It is Shattered Viewpoint? Or is it Super Awesome Mega Pimp?

Tell us which of the four you find suspicious and why.
That last response was directed toward Unisight. Sorry about that mistake.
You wouldn't end up with broken quotes if you kept posts together.

It should be pretty obvious my third suspect is you. You spent an entire post declaring everything in TBM's ISO was scummy yet didn't end it with a vote. You say later you're "hesitant" to vote him and then turn around to vote him one (ISO) post later when
nothing
changed in between. Combined with fluff posts, deadline watching, rolefishing, and tunneling... you're obv-scum.
Games are meant to be fun.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 5:04 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

seeking for a replacement for Mafiassk
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 2:36 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Unvote
for replacement.
MrSandman, 377 wrote:You use Elias_the_thief's analysis as the reason for why you target rover and state going after a lurker is not a scum tell.
MrSandman, 377 wrote:You say you'd which over to MafiaSSK and admit it's for lurking alone. Going after lurkers still doesn't look scummy?
My comment about going after a lurker was not in reference to rover, it was in reference to buttonmen (in elias's analysis).
TheSandman, 377 wrote:Completely drop your lurker for a bandwagoned lurker on a whim.

You have dodged making any sort of decision or commitment on who you think is scum.
This is very scummy.

The way you wrote the first line of this quote makes it sound like I was voting rover for lurking. I was not. I originally voted him for the points in elias's analysis, and his play after I voted him furthered the fact that I thought he was scum.

I did not drop my rover vote "on a whim" as you say. That is misrepresentation - you even quoted the post that prompted me to do this in your 377. Hasdgfas pointed out that there was a deadline upcoming, and I was not gathering support for the rover case. Because the person I had the strongest read on wasn't going to get lynched, I switched to MafiaSSK, a lurker who has had some scumtells.

The second line is also blatant misrepresentation. You say I have dodged any sort of commitment or decision on who is scum. This is a
bold-faced lie.
I have said that I believe rover to be scum, and brought up new, original points against him. I have explained why I think MafiaSSK is the second most likely to be scum. I have mentioned my gut read against SSBF. But you've ignored all of this.

I'm fairly certain this playerslot (rover, sandman) is scum, but the current gamestate (two competing wagons, one on myself) forces me to
Vote: TheButtonmen (L-1.)
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 2:57 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

@SSBF:
Calling whoever replaces MSSK scum is scummy. MSSK didn't do anything to make you think that slot was scum (he lurks / gets replaced equally as town and scum) all your doing is making a bullshit reason to go after that slot tommorow.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 6:01 am

Post by hasdgfas »

TheButtonmen wrote:
@SSBF:
Calling whoever replaces MSSK scum is scummy. MSSK didn't do anything to make you think that slot was scum (he lurks / gets replaced equally as town and scum) all your doing is making a bullshit reason to go after that slot tommorow.

I was just coming in to say that. SSK hasn't done
anything
, let alone anything scummy. I'm going to see how the replacement plays before passing judgement on the slot.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 7:42 am

Post by magnus_orion »

Maemuki replaces MafiaSSK
Show
Win-Loss
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 8:22 am

Post by Maemuki »

*hyperactive mode on!*
HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII TO EVERYONE!
*hyperactive mode off.*

My thoughts will be presented as soon as I can.
MrSandman
MrSandman
Townie
MrSandman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 8:28 am

Post by MrSandman »

ConfidAnon wrote:My comment about going after a lurker was not in reference to rover, it was in reference to buttonmen (in elias's analysis).
Fair enough.

ConfidAnon wrote:The way you wrote the first line of this quote makes it sound like I was voting rover for lurking. I was not. I originally voted him for the points in elias's analysis, and his play after I voted him furthered the fact that I thought he was scum.
Elias wrote:Low activity level, low content level.

Rover seems to be trying very hard to not try very hard. He has been skimming by with very minimal participation and scumhunting. When he does make a post, its usually a good page or two behind relevant discussion, and it usually mimics previously expressed opinions on key points. It seems like this is a real good strategy for coasting through day one and into the night stage. I get a scummy vibe from Mr. Rover, for sure.
Elias's analysis basically just stated that rover was a lurker. That and his play after you voted him are your only reasons for voting rover?
ConfidAnon wrote:I did not drop my rover vote "on a whim" as you say. That is misrepresentation - you even quoted the post that prompted me to do this in your 377. Hasdgfas pointed out that there was a deadline upcoming, and I was not gathering support for the rover case. Because the person I had the strongest read on wasn't going to get lynched, I switched to MafiaSSK, a lurker who has had some scumtells.
You had a vote on a guy that had little momentum for getting lynched. hasdgfas on request from you says you should change your vote. So you do and vote for another lurker with no momentum of getting lynched. Didn't take too much.
ConfidAnon wrote:The second line is also blatant misrepresentation. You say I have dodged any sort of commitment or decision on who is scum. This is a
bold-faced lie.
I have said that I believe rover to be scum, and brought up new, original points against him. I have explained why I think MafiaSSK is the second most likely to be scum. I have mentioned my gut read against SSBF. But you've ignored all of this.
Active lurking seems like avoiding responsibility to me. Something you admit to.

Do you even think TheButtonmen is scummy ConfidAnon? You say you are forced to vote for him. Does that mean you think he is town but you just want to get someone besides you lynched?
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 8:51 am

Post by magnus_orion »

Votecount 8 (Day 1)

1. ConfidAnon
(4):
hasdgfas
Unsight
MrSandman
JDodge

2. Elias_the_thief
(0):
3. hasdgfas
(0):
4. JDodge
(0):
5. Maemuki
(0):
6. MrSandman
(0):
7. Shattered Viewpoint
(0):
8. Shotty to the Body
(0):
9. Unsight
(0):
10. Super Awesome Mega Pimp!
(0):
11. Super Smash Bros. Fan
(1):
TheButtonmen

12. TheButtonmen
(7):
Shotty to the Body
Super Awesome Mega Pimp!
Elias_the_thief
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Shattered Viewpoint
Maemuki
ConfidAnon

Not Voting
(0):

TheButtonmen has been lynched. Scene Forthcoming

Show
Win-Loss
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 9:18 am

Post by Maemuki »

magnus_orion wrote:
TheButtonmen has been lynched. Scene Forthcoming

Somebody please tell me what the hell is going on.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 9:22 am

Post by Maemuki »

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:@MafiaSSK: Extrememly scummy and anti-town. You litterally admitted to saying he sucks and he sucks out all the fun of the game. Then you vote him. On the very next post, you asked to replace out. Even if you're disinterested in the game, this is BS. You are now officially my 2nd suspect.
FoS: MafiaSSK/whoever replaces him
Hi to you too. SSK acts like this on every game he is on. I cannot answer for those actions, I'm afraid.

--

WAIT WHAT THE HELL I'M VOTING THEBUTTONMEN
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON PEOPLE

--

Also Confid, nice hammer disguised as L-1. Apparently.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 9:30 am

Post by magnus_orion »

After a long day of discussion, you finally decide that TheButtonmen is evil, and must be hanged as punishment. So you form a mob, grab TheButtonmen, and drag him off to be hung. You take a freshly woven noose and put it around TheButtonmen’s neck, and finally perform the grim execution. Afterwards, you decide you might figure out something if you check out TheButtonmen’s house, and promptly investigate. To your dismay, however, you discover various tools of the medical practice, and a framed degree. Turns out that TheButtonmen wasn’t evil after all. He was, in fact, the town doctor.

TheButtonmen, Town Doctor,
has been lynched.

It is now Night 1.
Day 2 Begins May 18, 4:30 pm EST

Show
Win-Loss
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 9:31 am

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

Apparently, MSSK voted Button during his flounce. I guess Confd didn't notice.....?

Now we just have to figure whether the "accidental" hammer was accidental ... or not.
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 9:33 am

Post by magnus_orion »

You wake up and meet in the same place as the day before to continue your preventative measures against the evil organization bent on killing everyone. You quickly discover that one of your number is missing, Elias_the_thief. So, as a group, you all head off to his house to see what the problem is. Quickly your worst fears are realized. You find Elias_the_thief’s body, with seven bullet holes in it, in a room. Blood is all over the floor and walls. Your search of the house reveals nothing unusual or significant. Looks like Elias_the_thief was just an average member of the town. More determined than ever, you quickly decide to find the evil people in the most rational manner that comes to mind: having a discussion about who you think are evil and voting on it.

Elias_the_thief, Vanilla Townie
has been shot Night 1

It is now Day 2.
Deadline is June 8, 4:30 pm EST
Show
Win-Loss
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 9:39 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

I completely failed with that. I had no idea MafiaSSK voted for Button.

Anyways, I will
Vote: MrSandman
because of the things I brought up yesterday.
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by Unsight »

ConfidAnon wrote:I completely failed with that. I had no idea MafiaSSK voted for Button.

Anyways, I will
So the only post where you list a "L-#" next to your vote happens to be wrong, also happens to be a hammer, and also happens to come on a day where you are the second largest wagon?

Right...

vote: ConfidAnon

I think the hammer was deliberate--I think you put the L-1 in your post only to try and excuse the hammer later which meant you knew exactly what you were doing.
Games are meant to be fun.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 1:56 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

FoS: ConfidAnon
for the hammer on TheButtonmen. Although he was my top suspect, you manage to hammer him without letting us know, plus he was a Town Doctor.

I need to look at your case more.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by Elias_the_thief »

Darn.
Go go town!
I play the games rul gud.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 2:16 pm

Post by JDodge »

Vote: ConfidAnon

Let's move, kiddies. Playtime is over.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
MrSandman
MrSandman
Townie
MrSandman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 8:07 pm

Post by MrSandman »

ConfidAnon wrote:I completely failed with that. I had no idea MafiaSSK voted for Button.

Anyways, I will
Fine, as long as you acknowledge that I responded to them. I have no problem putting my vote right back on you for the reasons stated back in day one.

Vote ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 12:53 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Nice shiny, scummy bandwagon.

SSBF - Be sure to tell us the results of your analysis of my case.

Your FoS sounds vaguely like your biding until my wagon gets bigger so you can vote and have an excuse.

But MrSandman is still scummier from yesterday.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 3:20 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Not sure how I feel about this. While Confid looks incredibly bad now, this is also an opportunity for scum to ride an easy mislynch if we're wrong and then we're going into a shitty D3 MYLO (assuming 5-3). I need to reread and rethink this game.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 7:25 am

Post by hasdgfas »

vote: Super Smash Bros. Fan

When I did some rereading during night, I realized that SSBF was actively being scummy, while ConfidAnon was just not contributing that much. Now, at the start of the day, he FoSes Confid(I always find early day FoSes scummy, because they're useless) AND he uses the fact the Buttonmen was a Doctor as part of the reason. Did YOU know that he was a Doctor before he was lynched, SSBF?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 8:02 am

Post by Maemuki »

hasdgfas wrote:
vote: Super Smash Bros. Fan

When I did some rereading during night, I realized that SSBF was actively being scummy, while ConfidAnon was just not contributing that much. Now, at the start of the day, he FoSes Confid(I always find early day FoSes scummy, because they're useless) AND he uses the fact the Buttonmen was a Doctor as part of the reason. Did YOU know that he was a Doctor before he was lynched, SSBF?
While I do agree that early day FoSes are useless and stupid, I skimmed through both and CA needs to post more. He was tunneling in MrSandman, which I don't really mind until...
Imo, going after a lurker isn't that big of a scumtell on it's own (unless its possibly an attempt to derail another wagon, which to my knowledge isn't happening here.) Your summary of rover's play is fairly accurate, and could easily be explained by rover bing scum.
This is all you initially say about rover (that and copying Elias and buddying Elias etc.). Anything else to add?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”