TheSkeward
TheSkeward
Goon
TheSkeward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 5:17 am

Post by TheSkeward »

Alright, that's six of us. That's plenty. We'll go popcorn style (each person who claims chooses the next person). Remember that scum lose an advantage if they have to claim before town, so try to pick the remaining person you think is most likely to be scum.

Rolling for who claims first.

1 = Zang
2 = cruelty
3 = TheSkeward
4 = SpyreX
5 = MagnaofIllusion
6 = Darox
7 = Ooba

Original Roll String: 1d7
1 7-Sided Dice: (1) = 1
TheSkeward
TheSkeward
Goon
TheSkeward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 5:18 am

Post by TheSkeward »

Alright, it's on ooba.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 6:10 am

Post by ooba »

Not that I have a problem with going first - I just wanted to suggest an alternate method we tried out in Weeds mafia

Everyone lists out their order of suspicions i.e the order in which you want to claim first from 1 to 7. You assign points to each position so 1 would be 7, 2 would be 6. You total up the points for all 7 lists and then the people claim in order of their totals.

I personally think it is superior to the popcorn analysis as it gives more info for analysis ..
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 11:07 am

Post by SpyreX »

Unvote, Vote: Ooba

Claim.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by ooba »

Lol, I'll let people people respond to that first .. Like I said I do not have a problem claiming first - you can put me at the top and create 6 people lists .. This method will still be more useful for analysis ..

Link to said game.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 9:57 pm

Post by cruelty »

i don't care what way it's done, i'd just prefer we didn't fuck around and drag it out.

also not a big fan of scumlists, so given the choice i'd prefer popcorn.
the nexus of the crisis
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 2:13 am

Post by Zang »

ooba wrote:Not that I have a problem with going first - I just wanted to suggest an alternate method we tried out in Weeds mafia

Everyone lists out their order of suspicions i.e the order in which you want to claim first from 1 to 7. You assign points to each position so 1 would be 7, 2 would be 6. You total up the points for all 7 lists and then the people claim in order of their totals.

I personally think it is superior to the popcorn analysis as it gives more info for analysis ..
I don't really understand but I think we should do popcorn. It's quick and easy.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 6:00 am

Post by ooba »

That's four for popcorn (putting TheSkeward in this list since he initiated it). I'll take this discussion to the MD forum after the game. List based ranking beats this any day.
Welcome to Victorian Vampire! I suggest you add the topic to your Watch list and read over the rules.

You are Mira the Harlot. Throughout the night you are occupied with your sinful trade. You win with town.

You are welcome to start posting immediately. Good luck!
Next: Zang
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 6:07 am

Post by Zang »

Ok, I'm a weak vigilante (like yosarian),
Welcome to Victorian Vampire! I suggest you add the topic to your Watch list and read over the rules.

You are Marcus the Cobbler, part of the Angry Mob. You want to huddle in your shop’s protection, but your harpy of a wife has forced you into the night to join the town’s defense and prove your manhood. Once per night you may try to kill someone, succeeding if you get help from another player in the Angry Mob. You can’t do it alone, though. You win with town.

Please reply to this message with the name of your role to confirm that you have read the rules. Good luck!
Next: Darox
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 6:33 am

Post by ooba »

You should claim targets too .. N1\N2
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 6:38 am

Post by Zang »

N1-Darox
N2-NS
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 2:20 pm

Post by Darox »

I'm an Innkeeper.
ElectricBadger wrote:Welcome to Victorian Vampire! I suggest you add the topic to your Watch list and read over the rules.

You are Leopold the Innkeep. During the night you tend to weary travelers and thirsty patrons. You win with
town

Please reply to this message with the name of your role to confirm that you have read the rules. Good luck!
Cruelty.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by cruelty »

You are Zaffeta the Gypsy. An ancient curse pulls at you; if killed, your soul will be lost. However, in return each night you may invoke the mystic power of the ancient Tarot; the cards may reveal the darkest sins of another player of your choice. You win with town.

ie: cop.

investigated:
yosarian n1 (guilty, but died and was miller)
spyrex n2 (inno)

magna.
the nexus of the crisis
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 2:24 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

You are Gerald the Tailor, a member of the Angry Mob. After misinterpreting a comment about your prowess at pest control the town has thrust you forward as champion. Every night you can attack a player; if more of the Angry Mob comes to your assistance then your victim will die a horrible and gruesome death. You win with town.

Angry Mob actions -

N1 - CryMeARiver
N2 - Nobody Special

The Skeward next
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
TheSkeward
TheSkeward
Goon
TheSkeward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 3:38 am

Post by TheSkeward »

ElectricBadger wrote:Welcome to Victorian Vampire! I suggest you add the topic to your Watch list and read over the rules.

You are Russ the Executioner. Your reputation is too daunting for even the most wicked to trespass against you; at night you may block the path of someone else, preventing them from any action. You win with
town

TheSkeward wrote:Russ the Executioneroleblocker. Going to go read the rules now.
TheSkeward wrote:To confirm, you say we
can
quote private communication from the mod?
ElectricBadger wrote:yes
TheSkeward wrote:And what's the spirits of the void / diary of the damned?
ElectricBadger wrote:The dead/Links to lynches
ElectricBadger wrote:Just a day left to send in your night action
TheSkeward wrote:
Block: Darox
ElectricBadger wrote:
TheSkeward wrote:
Confirmed, thank ya
ElectricBadger wrote:
TheSkeward wrote:
You succeeded with your action
TheSkeward wrote:Where's the game?

Edit: Never mind. Issue resolved. See the thread where people go to bitch about the site (not GD, I said the thread) to see what I meant.
TheSkeward wrote:I target Nobody Special.
ElectricBadger wrote:Alrighty, thanks for letting me know!
ElectricBadger wrote:
TheSkeward wrote:I target Nobody Special.
Your attempt fails.
Just leaves SpryeX.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 5:00 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Vote Count:

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

(1) Zang: Ooba
(1) Daros: TheSkeward
(1) Ooba: SpyreX

(4) Not Voting: Zang, cruelty, MagnaofIllusion, Darox

Day Three ends by June 3rd at 4 pm PST.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 5:51 am

Post by SpyreX »

You are Victor the Dragoon, one of the Angry Mob. At night you may try to kill another player. A grisly war wound hampers you, however, so someone else from the Angry Mob needs to help or you won’t succeed. You win with town.

N1 - Manga
N2 - Nobody Special

I'll be looking at this in a bit more depth later today.
Show

Proud member of BaM
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 8:04 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

So in summary our claims are –

Ooba – VT
Zang – Weak Vig
Darox – VT
Cruelty – Cop
Magna – Weak Vig
Skeward - Role-blocker
Sprex – Weak Vig

So throwing aside the fact that there are at least two fake claims the claims as made would give us the following town make-up as far as power-roles are concerned.

Cop – Roleblocker – Vigilante (with up to two kills per night)

The claims in my mind only clear Cruelty. In a game with a Miller it is a certainty there is a Cop role on the innocent side. I also believe that this means there is an investigation immune Mafia role.
ooba wrote:Setting it up now so that you can claim miller later?
In 382 you asked CMAR about this when he agreed with my assertion that there were probably other Miller / Weak Vigs in the game. Why did you not question me along the same lines?

@ SpreX – You voted for CMAR based on Josh’s ISO in 386. At 395 CMAR posts the following –
CMAR wrote:No where have I ever seen a miller who knows he is a miller because then they would just claim miller and mafia would be able to claim miller. That's stupid.
Yes, I have been speculating about the setup. I've been thinking about "weak vig". Weak doc is if they protect mafia, then they die. This would not make sense for a vig though, since shooting mafia and then dying is stupid and defeats the purpose of a vig. So the only thing I could come up with is that they can't choose who they shoot at night.
Thinking about the flavor of the game, I thought of a mob killing a monster. So there might be a group of weak vigs?
This is all speculation of course and I can guarantee that my role PM does not tell me any of this
He has specifically hit dead-on the mechanic (bolded) for your role, as shown your claim. Did this not scream to you (at that point, before we knew he could talk to the dead AKA Yosarian) that he was a member of the Mob?

@ Skeward – Why did you immediately vote for Darox at the start of the day? During Day 2 you seemed pretty comfortable that you were on the same wavelength as him (ISO 32).
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 8:24 am

Post by SpyreX »

No where have I ever seen a miller who knows he is a miller because then they would just claim miller and mafia would be able to claim miller. That's stupid.
Yes, I have been speculating about the setup. I've been thinking about "weak vig". Weak doc is if they protect mafia, then they die. This would not make sense for a vig though, since shooting mafia and then dying is stupid and defeats the purpose of a vig.
So the only thing I could come up with is that they can't choose who they shoot at night.
Thinking about the flavor of the game, I thought of a mob killing a monster. So there might be a group of weak vigs?
This is all speculation of course and I can guarantee that my role PM does not tell me any of this
Magna wrote:He has specifically hit dead-on the mechanic (bolded) for your role, as shown your claim. Did this not scream to you (at that point, before we knew he could talk to the dead AKA Yosarian) that he was a member of the Mob?

Except for, of course, the fact he didn't hit it dead on or even a little bit AND said it was speculation.

That looked like a bit of fishing to see if someone would go "ohh yea thats totally how it works".

If CMAR had a.) actually got it right or b.) instead of playing slappywags at that point just laid out what was actually going on instead of dancing well.

Note that the tune changed when he explained what was ACTUALLY happening.

Although, you do you raise something very important:

The chances of there being two weak vig-sets versus an actual set of three are marginal.

Unvote, Vote: Magna

Cruelty's play fits pretty damn solid and I believe that claim 100%
I'm leaning real hard on one of Darox/Skeward being the partner.

I'm pretty damn sure one of Zang / Magna is lying. I'd lean WAY harder on it being Manga.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 8:27 am

Post by Zang »

The claims in my mind only clear Cruelty. In a game with a Miller it is a certainty there is a Cop role on the innocent side. I also believe that this means there is an investigation immune Mafia role.
Actually I think it clears me also. Think, my role contained the basic outline of both yours and SpyreXs role and the somewhat same flavor (the angry mob). I don't think anybody could actually make that up with nothing to base it on and be so close to both of yours.

Does that make sence?
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 9:24 am

Post by Darox »

Zang wrote:
Actually I think it clears me also. Think, my role contained the basic outline of both yours and SpyreXs role and the somewhat same flavor (the angry mob). I don't think anybody could actually make that up with nothing to base it on and be so close to both of yours.

Does that make sence?
No, it doesn't clear you, because as it has been pointed out, fake claims being provided for scum in a game with mod quoting is almost assured.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 9:40 am

Post by Zang »

Really?

Ok, I've never been in a game that allowed quoting role pms before.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 12:26 pm

Post by cruelty »

one of magna/spyrex = scum, clearly there wouldn't be 4 weak vigis; 3 makes more sense in my mind.

the reason i investigated spyrex last night was a vague gut uneasiness, which is still there. i'm not sure why, but it is what it is.

clearly voting him would be a mistake today given the innocent result, so i think that i would prefer to ferret out darox/ooba/skeward (i think that zang is inno).

i'm not going to get into it right now, i have to quickly check other games then go into work, but i'll have a proper look at it tomorrow. this is more of a heads up about what i'm thinking.
the nexus of the crisis

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”