mini 943- Greek Mythology! (And the winner is... ?)

Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 11:38 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

ooba wrote:SD said he didn't have the time to read my case line-by-line.[/quote ]
I am pretty sure there was also a "right now" in that statement. Meanwhile I dedicated quite some time to this game and I will read your case and claims again whaile working on my own theories. Still I think you tend to overlook a lot of space for errors in your explanations.
Jack wrote:This sucks, I really wanted to win with the mafia. There's really no point to being recruitable otherwise. What are you supposed to do, try and scumhunt when you could be force switched any night?

But with joh's flip and andrius's flake out it looks like Iec and SD really are masons, as preposterous as that is.

Don't ask me to contribute in a big way, it's a technical victory at best.
I even buy that. It pretty much explains, why Jack so willingly distanced from his case on me and Iec on D1.

Still, Jack is like a grenade without safety pin...
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 2:00 am

Post by Jack »

Iecerint wrote:I'd forgotten about your narrative for taking Alma's ability. Is a good point.

That heuristic does get kinda muddied when you point out that the alternative is to lynch the claimed Cop, though. I think even Plum was on the side of lynching Alma after VV claimed.
I had VV on the scumteam. Was super pleased that I'd figured it out on page 3. Remember when I asked for your mason breadcrumb and you quoted me that ridiculous thing with letters from inside words bolded, and I never followed up on it? I had a good laugh over that.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 3:46 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Shadow Dancer wrote:Only right move to do with Plum is have her target either Jack or FF and then vig plum at night.

Either we get scum Plum with that or scum Jack/FF. I see FF as a better target, there is still a slight chance Jack is telling the truth (2+1/1 lineup).

However, if you decide to consider Plum's claim earnest, how do you explain that it can work as the epitome of a
bomb
, thus contradictory to the rules?

No. I think she is straight out lying and Gaia is just to far of and only chosen to prevent counter claims.
OK... Reading that post again I do not even get what I meant myself... New try:

Only right move to do with Plum is have her target either Jack or FF and then vig plum at night.

Either we get scum Plum with that or scum Jack/FF. I see FF as a better target, there is still a slight chance Jack is telling the truth (2+1/1 lineup).

However, if you decide to consider Plum's claim earnest, how do you explain that her power can work as the epitome of a
bomb
and thus acts contradictory to the rules?

No. I think she is straight out lying and Gaia is just to far off and only chosen to prevent counter claims.
Flava Flave
Flava Flave
Goon
Flava Flave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 5:42 am

Post by Flava Flave »

ooba wrote: - FF is lying scum.
If LC was town-aligned, how the hell could he not be Poseidon? Why would he lie? He is trying to confuse all of us ...
Iece, I personally think you trust FF a bit too much and plum too little.
Nah, if I were scum faking my ability, I'd let the attention go away from me and just be like "Yup, Posiedon's dead".

Really, it makes no more sense to me than it does to you, but all I know is Poseidon is still alive.
Town: 3-5
Scum: 1-2
3rd party: 2-0
For the sake of MMM's happiness and my own, my sig has been placed here in a more condensed way. I apologize for the old sig and promise to have changed my ways for the better. <3 MMM
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 6:23 am

Post by Iecerint »

Jack wrote:
Iecerint wrote:I'd forgotten about your narrative for taking Alma's ability. Is a good point.

That heuristic does get kinda muddied when you point out that the alternative is to lynch the claimed Cop, though. I think even Plum was on the side of lynching Alma after VV claimed.
I had VV on the scumteam. Was super pleased that I'd figured it out on page 3. Remember when I asked for your mason breadcrumb and you quoted me that ridiculous thing with letters from inside words bolded, and I never followed up on it? I had a good laugh over that.
So, you thought the scumteam was Iec-SD-VV, and I was bussing VV?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 6:47 am

Post by ooba »

Just responding to SD's points
Shadow Dancer wrote:However, if you decide to consider Plum's claim earnest, how do you explain that it can work as the epitome of a
bomb
, thus contradictory to the rules?
This is probably the best point I've heard against Plum. If she protects Poseidon and she gets targeted - who gets the counter is in confusion is what you're trying to say right? I am not sure but I guess the law of proximate cause would be involved - The counter goes to the person who made the kill. If this is not what you meant, you'll have to explain the "contradictory to the rules part".
Shadow Dancer wrote:No. I think she is straight out lying and Gaia is just to far of and only chosen to prevent counter claims.
I believe the mod would have given scum fake claims. When you're presented with a limited reveal mechanic, one of the first things players try to do is to mass role name claim. So you design against it. Do you really think he would have let an SK or Mafia try their luck with one of the god's names and hope they do not get counterclaimed?
Shadow Dancer wrote:2 normals + one unused special? I do not really get at all what yo are referring to.
If Andrius has stolen SB's ability, then mafia are at three powers currently. SB has two normals and Jack has one - hence I pegging mafia at three. All this is wild speculation.

I know my theories are sometimes (most times?) rotten. But I think my scum targeting AlGm and their confusion on him not dying theory is strong (Post 975). It links Joh to Andruis and Jack- neither of them have responded to it. I find it hard to believe that Plum might be scum with Joh when I think I've already found the 3 member scum team.

Plum might be SK. FF appears genuine here. But best bet is to lynch who we think is linked with Joh right now. If you see three kills tonight, then you know a SK is at hand ..

I would love to hear your theories and am waiting for them.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 6:57 am

Post by Iecerint »

kk boss.

DS/CMAlma, please show up and confirm your busdrive
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 7:06 am

Post by Iecerint »

One funky thing about Jack-Andy -- he gave rhetoric in defense of SD early game to get me back to GiD/Andy. I know that's like the prime time for distancing, but SD's /random vote would be an obvious place to get started IMO.

He does chainsaw-defend JHH hardcore a few pages later, though.
DataStrokers
DataStrokers
Townie
DataStrokers
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 9:15 am

Post by DataStrokers »

[AGM]

God this game is moving fast. I don't have time do analyze right now, but I can confirm that after the end of the double night, I lost my Vig ability and it was replaced with Bus Drive. I personally never actually bus drove anyone...which makes sense becuase there haven't been any nights since the double night, right?
Pikachu + Emotion = More Awesomeness
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 11:39 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Thanks, CMAlmaStrokers.

My best bet is Andy-Plum-Joh theory right now with Plum as potential serial killer and Andrius as GF and Jack as a recruitable.
Ooba wrote:
Shadow Dancer wrote:However, if you decide to consider Plum's claim earnest, how do you explain that it can work as the epitome of a bomb, thus contradictory to the rules?
This is probably the best point I've heard against Plum. If she protects Poseidon and she gets targeted - who gets the counter is in confusion is what you're trying to say right? I am not sure but I guess the law of proximate cause would be involved - The counter goes to the person who made the kill. If this is not what you meant, you'll have to explain the "contradictory to the rules part".
What I refering to is one of the following situation:

i) Plum targets some one (scum) with a counter, that one uses a killing ability against Plum, both die - what's happening to the counter?

ii) Same situation, but this time plum's got the counter, she pulls down her killer with her - again: who gets the counter?

Remember we already had the same situation with VV - and we lynched him for it and
it was indeed a made up claim

Iec, are you online? If you give your OK I'll post our full claim now.
DataStrokers
DataStrokers
Townie
DataStrokers
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 11:45 am

Post by DataStrokers »

DataStrokers wrote:[AGM]

God this game is moving fast. I don't have time do analyze right now, but I can confirm that after the end of the double night, I lost my Vig ability and it was replaced with Bus Drive. I personally never actually bus drove anyone...which makes sense becuase there haven't been any nights since the double night, right?
[CMAR]
I confirm this, but I don't have time to read thru the last few pages. How did I obtain this power and why do I no longer have a special?
Pikachu + Emotion = More Awesomeness
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 11:52 am

Post by Andrius »

For the third time, Iece, Thor was a joke. Get over it.

I doubt Zeus is still alive. :?

And since I'll (most likely) be the play today, I can totally claim my true role- still being able to play to me horribly complex WinCon. I'm not Hades, BTW. I can explain how I flipped town too, if you guys will let me. :D
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 12:06 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

OK, Andrius, you want us to believe you? You know all odds are against you? You say you are not Hades? And you know you will be lynched, no matter what? Still it does not sound as if you are town (horribly complex wincon?). If you have something to claim then do it. Chances are it will at least help us after your death. If you are in fact not town alligned, I do not care what you do, anyway. Unless you do a full and true claim about your role, your powers, your targets
and
your scum partners - which you won't do...

To make it short: You are the lynchee, claim if you have something to claim!
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by Plum »

Shadow Dancer wrote:To make it short: You are the lynchee, claim if you have something to claim!
Yeah that, xcept is there anything we're really waiting on/care about before we lynch besides the planned mason claim and when did we last get a votecount?

I'll be picking one of Jack/FF to hide unless someone realizes suddenly that it's a bad idea. I see peoples want me Vigged nice and hard, but than I'm always up for a good old fashioned one-for-one trade and this is the best way it'll go if people don't want me sticking around. In either case we're in a good position and I'm confident we can win with me gunned down on purpose anyway.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 12:28 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Wow, you're cool. Not that I brought up a major point against you. And you just decide to ignore it. I sense cold blood.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Go ahead, SD. I'm studying for an exam, though, so I won't hang out here.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 12:42 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

I'm V/LA over ther weekend, too. Will announce it tomorrow. I propose we all relax over the weekend, do our last claims if we have any, offer some theories, and do a quick lynch on Sunday.

Everyone prepare - huge WOT ahead...
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 1:00 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

THE GREAT REVELATION
=================

Now, my fellow townies, time is ripe for you to learn the truth. The truth about your fellow masons and the truth about some of the mysterius events that haunted this, our divine town.
foreword: author's notes

You already know that Iec and I are masons and thus basically share all our knowledge and powers. I will claim everything, our role names, our powers, our specials, our hitherto actions.
Yet what I won't reveal is who is who, whose power is whose who of us did which actions exactly and so forth. We want mafia to keep guessing a little bit more in times to come.
Furthermore, I may concede quite a little freedom in my descriptions of flavour - all in the sense of my literary liberty for as we all meanwhile know that powers have no flavour in their description and role PMs are rather vague by their very nature. I'll do my very best to stay true to DN's and the old greeks' ambitions in my narration, though.
chapter 1: origin

Leto, the unseen, daughter of the titans, one day revealed her hidden beauty to Zeus, king of gods. Bored on his throne the supreme god had never resisted the appeal of a beautiful woman and it was bound to happen that Leto became pregnant.
Hera, sister and wife of Zeus(!), was aghast to find her marriage sacrileged in such an arrant way and chased poor Leto over half the earth and back, banning her from giving birth on any land or island or any other solid surface of this world.
But nonetheles brave Leto gave birth - on the floating island of Delos - to twins, brother and sister, henceforth known as Apollon, god of daylight, and Artemis, goddess of night shadow. And from their very childhood on those two were besotted with one another and adored to talk all night long while hunting wild animals...
And never would any of them ever allow any harm to the other one or to any one of their parents.
chapter 2: The fall of Zeus

But one day a horrid event struck the both twins when their father was reported dead by unknown means. They immediatelly abandoned their hunt and returned to Olymp to assist their fellow olympians in this dreadful hour.
chaper 3: Fatal confusion

But once they reached Olympia they had to realize that not only did they not know which evil was behind the dastard murder but that all the gods had not seen each other for aeons and no one was able recognize any of their comrades.
But they had themselves and with trust and the bravery of despair in their hearts they decided to descent down to earth to evnege their father in a last and bloody battle, even if it would be the last thing they'd ever do.
Oh were they happy to find one among them lying and cursing and generally acting suspicioulsy, only to realyize, after giving the wretched one short shrift, they had only massacred poor innocent aphrodite in a fit of hystery...
chapter 3: Dark eternal night

After witnessing this uncomely event and expecting further ruthless deeds of the evil doers among them in the cover of the night the two siblings decided that they had to stop this madness, that something had to be done. And promptly they took action, using their power over the day-night-cycle to call upon another night, and so it happened. But it was not a normal night as before. In this divine night all the heinous betrayers where put into a deep yet restless sleep while Apoll and Artemis sat on the watch, examining the hearts, reading the minds of two of their brethren, finding them innocent...
chapter 4: The deed pays off

And the other gods had been busy, too, calling their divine powers on one another, and together, with their sister Athena on their side, they could track down one of the traitors and isolate the other ones. Unlucky for themselves the twins had to reveal parts of their identity to the other gods, though.
chapter 5: day without end

Unflinching after that success, but also affraid of dying in the upcoming night, the two godly twins agreed to once again thwart the dark plans of their antagonists and not grant them the peace and cover of another night for their wrongdoings. And once again they called upon their divine gifts to stall the sun waggon and grant their brethren another day free of fear, another trial to catch another evildoer.
And they started to pin down one another, confessing their very souls in the process. But some of them were lying and one was found guilty beyond doubt. His fate seemed sealed, but then unforseen events emerged...
chapter 6: Relapse

The ground opened with fire and swallowed their fellow god and leader Poseidon, leaving behind a cut to the quirk divine town, confused and paranoid. Whom can they trust now, who are the remaining traitors and how can they be stopped. But no matter what future might reveal, Apollon and Artemis will stand back to back on their fellow deities' side until their last breath, defending Olympia's throne, avenging their father's death, hunting down the gutless betrayers to the last and spill their blood to the last drop. Revenge is ours!
To be continued...
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 4:32 pm

Post by Iecerint »

tl;dr

We are Apollo and Artemis.
We skipped D2 to make the kill-less N2.
We skipped N3.

Relevant point being that the nightskip wasn't from scum, as ooba had hypothesized.

There was some other (minor) way this affected ooba's theory IIRC, but I can't recall how.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Andrius »

@ SD:
Nice write up. I like the narrative. :) And I thought, from the moment you two claimed masons, that it would be the twins.

@ Town:
Well, whatever: I'm scum! *surprise!* Lynch me already! :D

@ My partner:
I'm tapped. I did my part. So, obviously, you're going to want to use the Superpower left to you, and the NK, hoping to hit the person carrying Zeus' counter. My choice for the NK: Ooba. Town wins if one person gets all the counters. Ooba was willing to hammer. I'm glad that I'm finally proving useful, after the fail-tastic attempt at getting VV's power. lol. For the lulz, I was really surprised to see the Super go into effect, "Burning Ring of Fire" and all. Much better than it was described to me.
Play to WinCon A.
You can do it!

I'll be back in a jiffy; going to go play some gamez! :D
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 7:19 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Well, that makes things simpler.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 9:44 pm

Post by Andrius »

Happy ScumDay Iecerint!
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 10:08 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Iecerint wrote:tl;dr

We are Apollo and Artemis.
We skipped D2 to make the kill-less N2.
We skipped N3.

Relevant point being that the nightskip wasn't from scum, as ooba had hypothesized.

There was some other (minor) way this affected ooba's theory IIRC, but I can't recall how.
This way it sounds sooooo boring :( ;P

Happy scumday, partner.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 10:24 pm

Post by ooba »

Iecerint wrote:There was some other (minor) way this affected ooba's theory IIRC, but I can't recall how.
That was just speculation on my part. Does not affect my case on Joh-Jack-Andrius in any way.

I like SD's posting style and am waiting for the sequel.

Well can we lynch Andrius already? We need another person to vote? Iece, if you don't mind - can I hammer - the information about whether Andrius is or is not Hades might affect might my kill. Plus since I am now a killing role, I can collect counters in the night too.
SD wrote:What I refering to is one of the following situation:

i) Plum targets some one (scum) with a counter, that one uses a killing ability against Plum, both die - what's happening to the counter?

ii) Same situation, but this time plum's got the counter, she pulls down her killer with her - again: who gets the counter?

Remember we already had the same situation with VV - and we lynched him for it and it was indeed a made up claim.
First off I didn't vote VV because of the bomb claim - I voted because he said he had flavor in his Power: segment. The fact that I was so vehement on that point was because my special could switch powers. So doesn't make sense if Poseidon could seduce somebody out of the alignment ..

There could be work-arounds around these situations. They were not against the rules per se only that the mod refused to answer us.
Case i is simple enough - the counter goes to the killer as he was the main cause of the kill on the second person.

However, I cannot find any
logical
work-around for the case ii - I think this is a good point for Plum fakeclaiming.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 11:48 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

I officially announce about 48 hours V/LA (maybe a bit more, but I'll try to be back on time).

Go, lynch Andrius in the meantime, would be great if I could reenter at nightbreak.

Remeber: Only Iec or Ooba hammers. If Ooba really wants it - go ahead. Remember that the hammerer is most likely doomed to die, though.

Night plan: Plum target FF (if she's teling the truth) and Ooba vigs Plum. Worts case is that Plum told tthe truth and both die, but we get scum either way (feel free to replace FF with Jack, if you really want, but I still think there is a good chance that Jack told the truth about his role, and if Andrius is Hades he might no longer be recruitable by mafia). Any way, next day's lynch is FF or Jack, who ever may remain.
Ater that, I am very optimistic regarding this, all that remains to be done is claiming counters... Good luck to us.

I think town has won this, but mafia may have something really ugly up their sleeves. But that is totally unpredictable and thus I don't bother much right now.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”