Square Enix Mafia I: Diabolus Erus (GAME OVER)

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by Iecerint »

DEAR KISE --

PLEASE MAKE ME A JESTER OCTOPUS NEXT TIME. THANK YOU.

YEE-OUCH! SEAFOOD SOUP! :P

<3

Vote Count:

Iecerint: 9
(KDub, WorseExcuse, Glork, inHimshallibe, bv310, Chronopie, dramonic, bill1148)

Antifinity: 4
(Iecerint, FC Groningen, JPSalazar, PranaDevil)
PranaDevil: 2
(MehPlusRawr, Devotress)
Chronopie: 1
(Antifinity)
WorseExcuse: 0
(wolframnhart)

Not Voting:

DragonsofSummer

Lynch:

9 votes.

Deadline:

May 16th - 3:00 PM EST
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 3:46 pm

Post by Kise »

After a long (long) day of wandering around the landscape, a small group of travelers find another town in their sights. Nothing much was accomplished today, outside of each man sharing personal stories of where they come from.

There are still many unknowns that none of them could account for. The trek was dull, in reality, but the party was able to bond with one another quickly. As they walk across a red sea of sand on their way to the next town, they lose sight of one of their members; a child belonging to one of the men.

"Dajh..!? Dajh!?"

No oral response is heard, so the group all call out to the young one. It would not be until ascending over a large pile of sand that they saw the boy standing next to a purple creature, resembling an octopus. The boy's father instructs:

"Dajh, get down!"

After the child does so,
Sazh
Irvine
Balthier
and
Vincent
suddenly draw their firearms and unload into the "monster." It gurgles, possibly an attempt to speak out to the men, though they don't bother to listen.

Dajh
looked even more frightened than he was before, covering his ears now as the shots blare from a considerable distance. The creature slumps down after being damaged and drained of its life-force.

"Son, come here!"

Dajh
runs over to his father, who then moves past the youngling and approaches the octopus. Using two pistols, he squeezes both index-fingers around the guns' triggers, getting the final blow in to end this thing once and for all.

"Gyuh-"

The octopus screamed out with its last breath... It meant nothing to the others -- fitting, due to it being an uncomprehendable response.

With the boy back in their custody, the group moves on, feeling the need to find shelter just as the night falls.

Iecerint -
Ultros
(Mafia Goon)
- Lynched Day 2

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Dajh_Katzroy
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Ultros
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Sazh_Katzroy
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Irvine_Kinneas
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Balthier
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Vincent_Valentine

Night 3 is scheduled for the next 72 hours.

Any actions not received by the beginning of Day 3 will not be considered.

Time to rest:

http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/dajHTHnNPqZFC
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by Kise »

WorseExcuse has asked for replacement. Thankfully, thatguy00 has filled those shoes.

The player/replacement list is being updated.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 8:06 am

Post by Kise »

As the four (and a half) travelers keep moving forward, they hear a rumbling sound beneath the sands. The men, never having to reload (:lol:), steady their weapons and aim it as they turn to face the source of the disturbance.
Dajh
backpedals a few steps from behind his father and the rest, fearing what the cause of this trembling could be.

The sandsea begins to sizzle, turning brown at first before eventually burning into miniscule, black particles. An orange circle begins forming at a likely exit-point, quickly intensifying into a fierce red hue.

"Dajh, run! Head for whatever shelter you can find!"

Heeding
Sazh
's demands,
Dajh
goes towards the city, as do the other four. They step back as soon as they can, trying to avoid being too close to whatever is to rise out from the ground.

At that time, and in a volcanic fashion, a dart of fire erupts from the ground, lounging overhead the adult men as they each aim their weapons at the object. The fire-encased object begins sliding towards
Dajh
, passing his side and slithering around to stop him in his tracks.

"No..."

The boy's father mumbles indistinctly, seeing a snake-like figure take shape, shedding its fiery shell. Free flowing brown hair makes them all curious as to what other human qualities this creature possesses. Unfolding its arms, the being reveals its six limbs, each carrying a blade of lethal etchings.

Balthier
maneuvers around and begins firing his gun at the blades, able to knock one of the swords out of the creature's hand. It hisses at him after turning around, now showing itself to be a beautiful female; half-snake, half-humanoid apparently.

The others join
Balthier
at shooting her weapons from her hands, though
Sazh
frequently aimed for the head at times. The monster slides across the sand and towards the men, smacking its tail against
Dajh
's head in the process. It is unable to take a swipe at
Vincent
due to his well-timed evasion, but soon heads for
Irvine

He drops down onto his tail bone, expecting the creature to collide head on and end his life... However...
Titan
emerges from the ground, impeding the lizard-like Boss using his earthly construct.

Charging forward from behind
Dajh
are
Garnet
and
Luneth
, likely coming from the village that the other travelers were headed for. Commanding the
Titan
Luneth
has the summoned force clutch at the slithery creature, attempting to merely seize her.

Garnet
calls forth
Shiva
, and the ice-Eidolon materializes beside her.
Shiva
levitates towards the enemy, preparing to freeze her as she squirms around in
Titan
's grasp... But the recurring storm-monster descends towards them all, covering itself in the usual clouds of darkness and electricity.

The black storm unleashes its power, striking down
Shiva
with a bolt before swooping down and severing
Titan
's gigantic arm. Both summons dissipate, leaving the two Bosses now to have their way with the others. The storm progresses towards the town, sending streams of lightning down to crumble the established village.

As the snake-beast grins optimistically, she suddenly sinks into the area of sand surrounding her. She yells out for her companion, but the tornado sweeps through the town and back into the sky. Water would soon encompass the snake-creature, pulling her into an inescapable pool of water in a vacuum-type effect and stretching itself across a good portion of the desert.

Oddly enough, the protagonists are neither the cause of this water-attack, nor the victims of it. They all watch carefully as the reptilian Boss struggles for breath, deciding not to observe much longer as they swim for the lightning-scarred town.

inHimshallibe -
Blank
(Thief)
- Electrocuted Night 3

bv310 -
Marilith
(Mafia Goon)
- Drowned Night 3

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Marilith
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Titan
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Shiva (Summon)
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Blank

With 14 alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day 3 is 3 weeks from the time of this post.

Last edited by Kise on Tue May 11, 2010 10:31 am, edited 5 times in total.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 8:37 am

Post by dramonic »

marilis died... for no reason?

I'm editing, and in a rush. BRB.

edit #2: Ok, done!
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 8:38 am

Post by bv310 »

Bah. Go team!
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 8:38 am

Post by bv310 »

Bah. Go scum!
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 8:46 am

Post by dramonic »

lich, kraken and tiamat I presume.
doom countdown, careful!
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 10:52 am

Post by Devotress »

I'm the next victim of doom. I also saw the musical notes flavour that Starbuck saw.
If anyone has some form of anti doom item you know..
Also, What do you all think about not voting, discussing the whole situation for a few days, and then all voting at once.
At 8 votes to lynch we can actually prevent the doom timer if we can reach a majority descision before doom hits, say using only FOS and keeping our own fos counter.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 10:56 am

Post by Devotress »

The musical notes were in a different paragraph from the part where I got doomed. I don't know if it was one thing or I had two powers used on me. It was like
"Musical notes distract you, don't do anything"
"While that went on you have been doomed"

to paraphrase.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 10:58 am

Post by dramonic »

considering the last one to hear notes was antifitiny, not star, i guess its different.
I'm a hoot
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 10:59 am

Post by Devotress »

oh oops. I remembered wrong okay.

So deffinatly, I had two powers used on me last night. Musical notes and doom.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 11:24 am

Post by wolframnhart »

I'm up for a FoS and vote all at once plan of attack, though I wish that had been thought of the first time.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 11:28 am

Post by Kdub »

I was blinded last night. Using FoS for now sounds like a good plan.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 11:29 am

Post by wolframnhart »

mmm so iecerint really wasn't the source of the blindness after all.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
bill1148
bill1148
Goon
bill1148
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 11:54 am

Post by bill1148 »

Devotress wrote:The musical notes were in a different paragraph from the part where I got doomed. I don't know if it was one thing or I had two powers used on me. It was like
"Musical notes distract you, don't do anything"

"While that went on you have been doomed"

to paraphrase.
That sounds like a negation ability. In which case, that may explain why two players were not killed N2...because Anti was negated.

My problems with FOS'ing:

1.) It limits what can be done. Players tend to take votes against them more seriously than FOS'.

2.) The player with Blind cannot prove it without voting.

3.) Say, 10 people FOS for one player this phase. So some of those 10 then vote for that person. However, mid-way through putting their votes onto that player, suspicion has shifted onto another player. This new player that is suspected, cannot be voted for now since the countdown has started, (and thus questioning on this new player is limited) so it puts the player with Death Sentence at risk.

4.) Mafia can now Doom their own, without worrying about their own player being killed by the Doom status while taking away suspicion from that player. The same is true if a 2nd Mafia or SK is hit with the Death Sentence- it saves that particular player, as well as removing suspicion from them.

5.) Possibly difficult to keep track of. The Mod has no implication to keep track of FOS', so its up to the players to keep track of it.

That said, I guess I'll FOS for now, until I see what other players think on this. I'm just afraid it will limit discussion material.

FOS: Anti
bill1148
bill1148
Goon
bill1148
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 12:04 pm

Post by bill1148 »

The other likely mafia to Marilith's team are:

Lich- (Doom?)
Kraken- (Blind?)
Tiamat- (???)

Also, to further the speculation on these two nights where we had two night kills (N1 and N3), I seriously doubt it's a Vig. A Vig shouldn't be killing someone N1, and I doubt a Vig would have multiple flavors ("Reduced to nothing" and "Drowned")
bill1148
bill1148
Goon
bill1148
Goon
Goon

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by bill1148 »

Assuming Kdub is telling the truth on his blindness, it looks as though he doesn't have an Anon. Vote on him. So it appears my suspicion on wolf yesterday for that reasoning was inaccurate.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 12:18 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

I'm actually thinking we may have 2 different scum teams, or possible one SK as well.

I was also going to say we did have 2 players killed Night 2, but we've got Doom today as well, which means, essentially, 3 deaths.

Could the Doom thing be a Vig in that sense? (It's often used by the player characters in Final Fantasy at any rate). My reasoning is it wasn't used in the N0 section, which means it could be someone who deliberately held back then.

Also, I agree with not voting until we're all positive of where to go, it may not prevent Devotress dying outright, but at the very least it keeps her around an extra day, which is much better than letting her die outright.

I'm also not happy with trying to predict the character that would be Marilith's team mates as it's possible that those others aren't even here. It's worth the information being there by all means, but I don't think we should get caught up on assuming that they are around when we could wind up barking up the wrong tree.

So all that being said, I'm in agreement with bill in regards to Anti being suspect thanks to the notes stuff, it sounds like it should be a roleblock type of role, and therefore is possible that that is why only 2 people died (normal death and Doom) in the previous day.

Also, because we FoS anyone, hold off on it just in case Kise winds up adding some Doom countdown to those as well (I didn't notice if he did or didn't in the previous day), if he does, then we should just signal who we wish to lynch by stating it without an actual vote.

For now, I'd be happy with an Anti lynch though.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by Glork »

FoS: KDub

I will be more than happy to provide an FoS count as often as needed. How about this suggestion: If the mod doesn't give us FoS counts, then it's any player's responsibility to post one when they start a new page.

To this degree, bill's concerns about FoS "weakness" can be mitigated.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 1:04 pm

Post by Glork »

Seems to me the scums might be using the music/distraction + doom in conjunction.

I feel like I've been right-tracked since the Iece thing. BV was definitely scum, KDub has a decent chance of being scum. I had Devo and inHim as solidly town -- inHim obviously was right, and Devo at the very least was targeted to die. Chron is still decently likely to be protown. I'm fence-sitting on Anti and Dram (yes, despite the Ramuh claim).

2 Mafias + SK seems like a small stretch, but it's very much
possible
, I think. I don't see the Doomer being a Vig at this point. And there is still NO reason for a vig to kill N1. So Electrocuted, Doom, and Nothingness are almost def all scum kills. Interesting note on the change of flavor from N1 to N3. Either the scums thought their Nothingness-Man got blocked, or that person picked up suspicion by the end of D2 and into N3.

In other news, the only two people who inHim consistently and repeatedly said seemed protown were me and Bill. Could be potential investigation results -- take with grain of salt.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by dramonic »

Glork wrote: Interesting note on the change of flavor from N1 to N3. Either the scums thought their Nothingness-Man got blocked, or that person picked up suspicion by the end of D2 and into N3.
The nothingness changijng flavour to drown to kill their own buddy?
I'm a hoot
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 1:12 pm

Post by Glork »

I will also add that I think we have at least two more lurkish scums alive.

I expect VERY significant contributions from DTM, FC Grog, thatguy00, MehPlusRawr, and KDub. Those people (and/or their predecessors, where applicable) have failed to make an impression on me, and are all above-average candidates for killingfulness.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 1:12 pm

Post by Glork »

dramonic wrote:
Glork wrote: Interesting note on the change of flavor from N1 to N3. Either the scums thought their Nothingness-Man got blocked, or that person picked up suspicion by the end of D2 and into N3.
The nothingness changijng flavour to drown to kill their own buddy?
Huh? Kill their own buddy? Please make sense.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by Glork »

Actually, Two scumgroups + Vig is still very much possible.

Electrocuted is obviously from one group.
Nothing/Doom might be of the same group.
Drowned = Lovely and Wonderful Vigilante.

Will muse on this.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”