mini 943- Greek Mythology! (And the winner is... ?)

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 4:29 pm

Post by Iecerint »

^ It's the same. We have 24 hours.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 4:53 pm

Post by ooba »

No its not. Last time VV was revealed as town aligned and then we were given to discuss in twilight.

I am not commenting on the 24 hours. I am commenting on the lack of alignment info for Joh right away like last time.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 5:01 pm

Post by Iecerint »

O. You're right. I read DN in iso and missed that.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 5:11 pm

Post by Andrius »

@ Ooba: I'm not Poseidon (not like it matters now).
SD wrote: Also for it to be two different Powers it would have been two phases: i) DN posts the day skip (1st power used), ii) DN posts that night kills are disabled (or would just ignore any kill actions PMed to him) (2nd power used). But he did in fact both in openly in one post. For your variant the pro town player would have needed in advance that there would be another night and acted accordingly, also in advance, in PMing DN about his power usage. This is, at the best, very very unlikely from a logical point of view.
I don't want to carry on (a losing battle, perhaps) if it isn't important. We have bigger fish to fry.
Ooba wrote: At the end of N1\start of N2, I got a gift from somebody else - Medusa's head.
Nice.
SD wrote: Giving an item to him as almost confirmed town in N1 also makes perfect sense.
Yeah, good move on their part.

I don't like posting in Twilight. :/ Its like posting and just waiting. :/ A twilight after the lynch would be better, IMO.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 5:30 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Yep, Oobas unvote was here. Ooba is the hammer.

My last post for D3, I think. Nothing left to say anyway... Let's see what Joh turns up...
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 7:00 pm

Post by ooba »

I am guessing it was due to VV's special then .. Nothing really to say here since I wont even know about counters till
after
the lynch scene ..

My thoughts:
Masons are masons, Plum is town. FF is prob. town. I am going with a Joh\And pairing and LC SK theory with Jack a possible recruit.

The only way I could have got this game wrong is if I am totally wrong about the masons and they are scum with LC. I should be nominated for the razzie version of the scummie if thats the case.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 2:40 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Wouldn't it be jst totally hillarious if it turned out that I am scum with Ooba and Iec?

Just kidding...

No worries, Ooba, everything's alright with me and Iec.

But:
Why is Plum town?
Why should LC be SK?
Why is FF less suspicious than Andrius? Especially if LC turns out SK/scum and thus not trustworthy?
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 2:42 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Couldn't Joh turn out being genuine scum Poseidon? (Back to 2:2:8 theory, yay!)

I should stop talking now...
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 2:49 am

Post by LordChronos »

I heard back from the mod. I do indeed have a counter.

@Iec

What is this about a picture? I have a picture in my pm.
I'm a talking computer.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 2:53 am

Post by Iecerint »

OK, good deal. I asked DN independently and he also told me that you had a counter. Give the approximate timestamp for said PM while we're waiting for doubleplusextra +like points if permitted.

Because I replaced in, I originally had no picture in my PM. I noted it in-thread today, and DN immediately PM'd me a picture, saying it should've been in my PM to start.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 3:00 am

Post by Iecerint »

EBWOP: that Poseidon started with a counter. *
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 3:10 am

Post by LordChronos »

The pm came like 5:40 GMT-7 yesterday.
I'm a talking computer.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 3:13 am

Post by Iecerint »

Yep, I was just minutes before that. Either you were clever enough to send him a dummy PM, or we'll get good news in a few hours.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 5:26 am

Post by Iecerint »

ooba wrote:I am going with a Joh\And pairing and LC SK theory with Jack a possible recruit.
So how are you explaining only one kill N1? It seems like CMAlma has to be scum and LC has to be town for there to be conventional scum + SK (who would still have to have targeted ooba).
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 6:36 am

Post by DeathNote »

Seeing as the twilight does not matter this time, I am going to get the game moving and announce what the hell just happened.

Ooba:
Listen closely too me, I have information of great importance.

Iecerint: As do I.

ShadowDancer: As do I.

Lord Chronos: As do I.

Johoohno:
As do I.

Flava Flav: As do I.

Andrius: You're kidding me right? How are there so many people with that many reports?

Plum: We are God's what did you expect.

Lord Chronos and Johoohno:
I
AM
P
O
S
E
I
D
O
N
!![/b]

Ooba:
And you have a report Johoohno?

Johoohno:
I do.

Ooba:
Lies! I used a Medusa's Head on you!! Kill the liar!

The group surrounds the fake, wielding their swords, Johoohno stutters for a moment, unsure what to say before growing claws and lunging for the closest person. Everyone thrust their swords with ease into his body and left him on the ground to rot.

Jack: He was most certainly evil, look at those claws.

DataStroker: Let's turn in for the night.

That was when the group realized that the sun had not moved all day. What sorcery is this? Not only was the day not ending, but they didn't feel tired at all. There is only one thing to do, take advantage of the situation and choose another target for today.

Day 3 ends in a lynch.

Johoohno was stabbed to death Day 3; he was
Mafia Aligned

Night 4 has been skipped and it is now Day 4.

Deadline is May 31st at 10:00 P.M.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 6:47 am

Post by Andrius »

Iece wrote: So how are you explaining only one kill N1? It seems like CMAlma has to be scum and LC has to be town for there to be conventional scum + SK (who would still have to have targeted ooba).
I was hoping to find out more about the mafia N3, but since we don't have one that won't happen as soon as I had hoped. :/

Man, first there was no DP, now no NP. :/

Another thing. Did DeathNote confirm LC's towniness? See here:
DN wrote: Lord Chronos and Johoohno: I AM POSEIDON!!
Look at that. Half the letters are red, as Joh was mafia-aligned, and the other half are blue letters. Just an observation.
But then again, town-aligned players are green, as seen with SB and VV's deaths.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 6:49 am

Post by LordChronos »

Okay, SD, Iec, does this have something to do with what you mentioned earlier?

List of town:
Iec
ooba
Me
SD
Probably Jack for now

List of investigated:
Data
And
FF

List of not investigated:
Plum
I'm a talking computer.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 6:55 am

Post by Jack »

I think that's a wrap. We still have a universal roleblock and I still have the hide. 2 mafia left and they can't recruit or kill tonight.

Let's get claims from FF and Plum ASAP. They probably were going to work on their fakeclaims during the night period. Any dawdling =guilty.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 7:36 am

Post by Iecerint »

Andy -- Not necessarily. Hades's first post already gives Poseidon the Blue color, and VV and SB flipped green. If we want to have a REALLY strict interpretation of the colors, he may have "confirmed" LC as a separate scumteam. But it may also be a red herring -- we already saw the discrepancy with VV's flavor --so I'm not sure about that.

Preview edit: It looks like you noticed this, too.

I wouldn't be opposed to claims, maybe, but I want ooba to explain his theory to me a little first.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 8:10 am

Post by ooba »

Iecerint wrote:
ooba wrote:I am going with a Joh\And pairing and LC SK theory with Jack a possible recruit.
So how are you explaining only one kill N1? It seems like CMAlma has to be scum and LC has to be town for there to be conventional scum + SK (who would still have to have targeted ooba).
Mafia attack me.
LC is actually claiming the truth about his abilities via protecting me.
LC attacks Hades who might be one-shot bullet.
Basically, I'm still in the "Posiedon = scum" hangover.

Regarding Andruis, I think he is a much better play that FF. There's a certain genuineness about FF's play. His claim was ok too. Compare the third day plays of both FF and Andruis. Andruis seems like the person who doesn't want to say much which can get him into trouble.

No report of counters being passed to me.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 8:18 am

Post by Andrius »

Ooba wrote: Regarding Andruis, I think he is a much better play that FF. There's a certain genuineness about FF's play. His claim was ok too. Compare the third day plays of both FF and Andruis. Andruis seems like the person who doesn't want to say much which can get him into trouble.
I'm trying to keep myself from saying too much and/or softclaiming so that the Mafia doesn't NK me. That's all I'll say on my role, until I claim/ my turn in a massclaim.

And BTW, Ooba, feel free to call me 'Andy', since you spell my full name wrong. XD

Also, Ooba, Poseidon could still be scum. We don't role-flip when we die, so he could still be scum, hypothetically.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 8:21 am

Post by Iecerint »

Are you seriously considering a perspective that requires the hallucination of that many variables, or do you just sort of like the PvHvT flavor? :P

FF's actual claimed ability is sort of oddly niche, though. I guess it'd catch Poseidon fakeclaims after where Poseidon dies anonymously at night, but hmm. On the other hand, the result was that FF sided with LC in that dispute, which I don't see FF doing to scumfriendJHH. I don't really think FF is scum unless he's hypothetical bluescum with scumPoseidonLC.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 8:25 am

Post by Iecerint »

To clarify, I could see abstract/hypothetical scumplayers side with townLC against scumJHH in that situation, but I don't get the impression that FF is a player who would bus just after possibly being given a third way. This is purely a follow-your-heart tell. My heart is historically not an excellent judge of character, so lemme know if you think FF is sneakier than I do.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 9:11 am

Post by ooba »

Sorry about that - I'll spell your name correctly from now on (or if that still proves to be hard, I'll shift to Andy) ..

I do know Poseidon can still be scum. But its all but confirmed that LC is poseidon. Only one possibility in which LC is not poseidon.
- Snowbunny was actually Poseidon. AlGm\CMAR are actually part of a scum team and their ability is proxy for the mafia kill. They got the counter from the kill and realized snowbunny is Poseidon.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 9:15 am

Post by Iecerint »

EBWOPx32434 -- OK, so, I just reread FF, and he actually did the OPPOSITE of what I remembered him doing (i.e. he voted LC at first). Total fail on my part. It's reasonable that he'd vote Chronos under those circumstances (LC appears to claim he doesn't have a token) as town, though.

One detail is that it's clear that FF had his ability in mind long before he finally claimed it (and voted LC). He said it was a crap ability, then that it *could* catch someone, and so on. And his ability is probably town, especially if LC is town. So this is a point in his favor.

On the other hand, I also noticed that I picked up on FF-Joh connection at a certain point. Also, and more importantly, a LOT of Joh's comments toward FF read like coaching scum ("give us a better reason, if you have one"-type stuff, plus disproportionate "righteous anger" when FF does something only minimally "inconsistent," even though JHH doesn't really pull the "righteous anger" trope on anyone else so much). It could be faked from JHH's end, though -- it's REALLY unsubtle.

I guess a reread is in order. I wish Plum would come and be my friend.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”