mini 943- Greek Mythology! (And the winner is... ?)

Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 6:20 am

Post by Jack »

What is going on?
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 6:52 am

Post by Johoohno »

Reading up till last post now, though I saw Ooba seems to want me to answer something. What?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 6:56 am

Post by ooba »

Johoohno wrote:Reading up till last post now, though I saw Ooba seems to want me to answer something. What?
1) I've already got it from your wording - just to make sure - searching for counters is your normal power right?
2) You got the result that LC doesn't have any counters at all? or did ya get the result that target did not have any specific counters? i.e Does your result PM indicate any chance of redirection - is it generic or does it say LC?

Also are you Poseidon?

Iece, can you just explain what ya did?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 7:17 am

Post by Plum »

Re: the claims. I wouldn't have been surprised by scum-Joh claiming something trying to discredit someone like LC (or FF or Andrius - basically, someone we're ignoring today for decent reasons, not someone like Iec/SD who're give-or-take confirmed) - and either way searching for a counter is a rather scum-beneficial power. In that case, though, I'd have expected LC to just say that Joh's liarscum and forward goeth the lynch - not 'maybe Joh's lying scum or maybe something interfered with his result or maybe I really don't have a counter after all'. That's weird. But either way, I'm not Poseidon and if any role in this game is really in this game it's gotta be Poseidon and Hades.

Does this rule out Poseidon SK (though admittedly low number of kills Night 1 makes an SK in this game considerably less likely)? Because I was not assuming Town-Poseidon from the general flavor.
Flava Flave wrote:Hmm. As much as I HATE flavor arguements, my role PM flavor seems to indicate that Posiedon is town (just looked at it again).
Okaaaaay. I'll take your word on that one for now, I guess.
Flava Flave wrote:Poseidon still has his counter. My role confirms this. Part of my power is that I know when Poseidon's counter changes hands and that hasn't happened or I'd have been told.
Well we've just hit some big Mod screwery, then, because hasn't everyone who's had a chance to counter countered? Joh?

LC, have you looked into asking the Moderator whether or not it's possible that you have a counter? If he's really looking into keeping you/all of us in the dark it probably won't get a helpful answer, but I don't see how it could hurt.

If Jack is telling the truth - and he looks to be claiming most of it; recruitable Persephone rings very true - if we lynch right with Joh (which I'd be willing to be on barring some unlikely developments in the very short term) Jack'll have an incentive, I should hope, to hide - Jack, you can/can't use your special and your regular powers on the same Night please clarify. Or Jack's already been recruited or doesn't think he'll have reason to hide tonight. Hold on a sec. Jack - why do you suggest we lynch FF today and if it's not him Andrius tomorrow - why FF first?

I'm down with a Joh lynch. Still scummy, we can't even tell if he's lying or not, and as Iec said, too much scum/potential scum incentive for Joh and Jack to be going around claiming this sort of thing.
Shadow Dancer wrote:Plum? Scum giving up already?
Not giving up on my Bio AP and not thinking about V/LA because I'm technically at home and have access, just not very much time to focus on this game, which causes the game to grow bigger in my absence which makes me even less able to find time to cover everything which works like positive reinforcement like the hormone oxycontin . . . yeah.
Shadow Dancer wrote:Hmm... Plum voting Joh is definitely something to keep in mind, especially because that vote is on him for quite a while now. One more reason to lynch Joh, because it would help me decide on Plum....
???

WTH is with Jack voting and unvoting so fast?
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 7:45 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Well, your vote on Joh does not look like a scum suing scum for me (however, I do not bother much now, let's see what Joh turns up to be).

Anyway, Plum showing up saves me voting her for absens...

@Iec: More than. Do it! But we better claim
tomorrow
!!! I do not want scum to screw around with our night actions... You should definitely trust me a bit more...
(Rest of town needs to wait for D4 for explanation, sorry)

Jack, wtf? If you unvoted beacause of Iec's remark, that's a horrible reason...

Joh, time for a full claim!

@mod: I still want the extansion.
Any one else agrees?
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 7:47 am

Post by LordChronos »

@Plum

I pm'd the mod this morning asking about whether I have a counter. Like I said, my pm didn't say I have one. I don't know if DN will tell me if I have one.
I'm a talking computer.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 7:53 am

Post by Jack »

hmm

Vote:Joh

Iec and SD, if you guys are in a mafia group with LC (which you make it sound like) tell me after the hammer so I know not hide.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 7:56 am

Post by LordChronos »

@mod: I second the deadline extension request.
I'm a talking computer.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 8:03 am

Post by ooba »

Well if they were, they would have just announced it in twilight. I have my theory on what Iece meant but can wait for D4 (if I survive that is)

Well, if we're lynching Joh, no reason for an extension. If his responses are satisfactory, then we would need one, yes.

No harm in
third-ing the request for extension
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 8:04 am

Post by LordChronos »

Jack, you don't have to worry about Iec and SD being in a mafia group with me. They aren't.

@Joh

Please fullclaim.

@All

If we get an extension, I would prefer not to end the day until I hear back from DeathNote.
I'm a talking computer.
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 8:44 am

Post by Johoohno »

Alright:

I am Poseidon!
I obviously still have a counter. I didn’t want to name claim since I saw the information I’ve got so far as a way of getting around me claiming Poseidon. My ordinary power works like an investigation, but I only get to know if the target has any counters or not (no matter if he’s had them since start or not).

My special is that I can redirect those targeting me to someone of my choice (all the ones targeting me on a given night will be redirected to the same person). From what I understand I’ll survive any NK’s, at least normals (I don't know about specials, and from what I can tell it might be possible that them mod has decided on an order of how to resolve specials should they interfer with one another). This is also the reason for why I’ve been doubting this Ares power claim. A townie vig and a redirector in the same setup, plus the vig supposedly could get the kill through anyway using his special. Seems a bit too much (or bastard modding).

@ LC:
It’s funny how you, in post 806, try to find theories of why I might flip town if I’m lynched and you’re not and leave out the possibility of me being Poseidon. The other ones (except for your scum buddies) doesn’t know your alignment, or mine.

About Ares NK ability:
I still haven’t been convinced that it’s not a mafia NK ability. In post 812 he (=DataStrokers) gives a lot of parameters, which he tries to boost to be more believable: He says he’s been investigated twice to be innocent, which isn’t true. He seems to be saying that Ares can’t be scum, but how do we know that? We haven’t seen any scum flips and don’t know any of their names.

@ Jack:
Your claim leaves a lot of things out. When can you be recruited, and how? And to answer your post 822: I don’t investigate who had a counter from the beginning, but if a given person has it at that specific time. We do know that they can shift hands.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 8:53 am

Post by ooba »

Johoohno wrote:
I am Poseidon!
I obviously still have a counter. I didn’t want to name claim since I saw the information I’ve got so far as a way of getting around me claiming Poseidon. My ordinary power works like an investigation, but I only get to know if the target has any counters or not (no matter if he’s had them since start or not).
So its you or LC today. Thought you might be the only one possibility to CC LC. But we still need a Full claim from you today:
- N1 target? Result?
- N2 target = LC. Result
- Did you use your special?
- You got the result that LC doesn't have any counters at all? or did ya get the result that target did not have any specific counters? i.e Does your result PM indicate any chance of redirection - is it generic or does it say LC?
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 9:03 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

So your first argument was LS cannot be Poseidon because you investigated him not to have a counter? Then yopu claim the same investigation skill and being Poseidon yourself? Seems like you want to avoid contradictions at all cost. Still sounds to me like scum in his last breath...

Also Joh knew exactly that the only thing that would convince me on not lynching him would be a Poseidon CC, that he now plays that card is just logical, but not an indicator of him being town.

I say some one confirmed town should hammer Joh, just to make sure we do not lose a counter, if LC is the liar...

I say Ooba do it (this is also an answer to LC-Iec-SD scum theory - now we aren't).
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 9:12 am

Post by LordChronos »

Well, that confirms it. Joh is lying scum trying to get me lynched. Joh is at L-2 right?

I am fine with SD's proposal of having ooba hammer Joh. It is unlikely that Joh is Hades; it doesn't make sense for Hades to throw himself away to try to get Poseidon lynched, especially when he knows there is a potential recruit. This makes it unlikely we could advance the counter victory by having me hammer.

@Joh

Of course I left out the possibility of you being Poseidon, since I am Poseidon. Why would I include a possibility that has absolutely no chance of being true.
I'm a talking computer.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 9:21 am

Post by ooba »

Yup. He's at L-2. Do not vote him. I fear Self hammer\Partner hammer if he is scum.

Plus I want to see and respond to his response to my queries...
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 9:35 am

Post by Johoohno »

ooba wrote:
Johoohno wrote:
I am Poseidon!
So its you or LC today. Thought you might be the only one possibility to CC LC. But we still need a Full claim from you today:
- N1 target? Result?
- N2 target = LC. Result
- Did you use your special?
- You got the result that LC doesn't have any counters at all? or did ya get the result that target did not have any specific counters? i.e Does your result PM indicate any chance of redirection - is it generic or does it say LC?
- N1 target: Flava (but from the mod answer I seem to have checked Snow_Bunny instead, got something to the effect of dead people don't have counters).
- N2 target: LC (no counter)
- Special (haven't used it yet)
- LC doesn't have any counters as far as I know. I said I'd check if LC had any counters and I got a negatory reply from the mod. I guess it could have been redirected as well, but both of us can't be Poseidon so one of us have to go.

@ Mod:
Vote count please!
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 9:36 am

Post by Johoohno »

Ebwop: N1: Alma (not Flava)
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 9:45 am

Post by ooba »

Johoohno wrote:- N1 target: Flava (but from the mod answer I seem to have checked Snow_Bunny instead, got something to the effect of dead people don't have counters).
- N2 target: LC (no counter)
- Special (haven't used it yet)
- LC doesn't have any counters as far as I know. I said I'd check if LC had any counters and I got a negatory reply from the mod. I guess it could have been redirected as well, but both of us can't be Poseidon so one of us have to go.

X

Just what I was waiting for (for like 2 days!!) - confirmation that you're lying scum.

At the end of N1\start of N2, I got a gift from somebody else -
Medusa's head
. It's a one-shot item which I can use apart from my normal powers. Can't kill anybody but powerful enough to RB a god for one night.

Guess who I used it on? And who couldn't have received any result PM giving a "negatory" reply?

This was basically all I wanted from Joh and what I was building upto. I also expressed doubt at certain points so that he might be lulled into a false sense of security. I also hinted at something like this when LC was talking masons having multiple powers - (I do not want them to confirm\deny now) - but I thought their investigate was due to items too.

Sorry for the drama but I was itching to do that ever since Joh partial claimed. And what's a thread without a big X and medusa's head getting a mention. What's our next step?
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 10:36 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Ooba's on the right track as always.

Giving an item to him as almost confirmed town in N1 also makes perfect sense.

You agree on the hammer, Ooba? I can also do it.

We should set a fixed time when every one is confirmed online and do it then.

I PMed DN about vote count and extended deadline. I hope he answers soon.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 10:40 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Meusa's head...Hmm... Perseus?

I thought about Hepaistos as an intem forger...

At least that part is also well possible. And I still see no reason to not trust Ooba.
Flava Flave
Flava Flave
Goon
Flava Flave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by Flava Flave »

Shadow Dancer wrote: I won't start to compete in an OMGUS galore with FF...
Kind of hard to OMGUS when I think you are town.
Iecerint wrote:Did JHH ever fullclaim? Or FF? I can't find it. It seems like they just both incidentally claimed role abilities that sort of fit together, but not much else. I could see them as scumfriends with HadesFFGF, but I already had Jack-JHH in the back of my head, so.... <_<
No.

-Chronos claimed Poseidon
-Joh claimed Chronos has no counter
-I claimed that Poseidon's counter hasn't changed hands at all in this game.

Chronos is scum if:
-Poseidon starts the game with his own counter
AND
-Joh is telling the truth
AND (for sake of completeness)
-I am telling the truth.

Joh could be lying if he is scum who desperately wants Poseidon dead or if he's some kind of lyncher or something. That's why I unvoted. Want to re-evaluate that one.
ooba wrote:
Iecerint wrote:SD, you're prepared, right?

LC, wait til he confirms it.
Wtf is this?
Pretty obvious what it is...
Joh wrote:I am Poseidon!
lol
Ooba wrote:Medusa's head
K, that seals it for me.
Vote Joh

-Terrible counter
-Claimed a result when he was apparently blocked
Town: 3-5
Scum: 1-2
3rd party: 2-0
For the sake of MMM's happiness and my own, my sig has been placed here in a more condensed way. I apologize for the old sig and promise to have changed my ways for the better. <3 MMM
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Vote Count
AlmasterGM- Johoohno (L-5)
Jack- AlmasterGM (L-5)
Flava Flav- Andrius (L-5)
Plum- Flava Flav (L-5)
Johoohno- Iecerint, ShadowDancer, Plum, Ooba, Jack, Flava Flav (Lynched)
Lord Chronos- Johoohno (L-5)

Not Voting:

Lord Chronos

With 10 alive, its 6 to lynch.

It is now twilight for the next 24 hours before lynch scene.

Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 2:34 pm

Post by Iecerint »

ooba, wouldn't Joh's have been confirmed lying as soon as he claimed to have gotten a result on LC from N2?

I'll be very annoyed if Joh is town. He should've CC'd as soon as LC claimed Poseidon IMO in that eventuality..

One odd aspect of LC's claim I just realized is that the Mod PM'd me about my role image as soon as I claimed not having had one, but he apparently didn't PM LC. Hmm.

LC, has the Mod answered your question?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 3:50 pm

Post by ooba »

Iecerint wrote:ooba, wouldn't Joh's have been confirmed lying as soon as he claimed to have gotten a result on LC from N2?
Yup. I just wanted him to say yes, I got a result PM. Plus there was the chance we'd get more info.

@Mod: I unvoted. I am now hammering - this is the lynch vote. Please ack this.

Unvote. Vote: Joh
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by ooba »

@Mod, last time we were given a 24 grace period after the lynch scene. Why is it different this time around?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”