CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 12:59 pm

Post by CSL »

I am giving the non-responders until tomorrow night at about 5pm to respond. The course of action is being determined as we speak, in case they don't respond.

TQO, as long as you don't quote your role pm, I don't care what you claim.

I'm going to crack down on inactives in the future. If you have any suggestions on what I should do in the future, please do not hesitate.

I appreciate your patience.

Yes, a massprod was sent last night when I opened the thread. Three people have not picked them up.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 2:13 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Those who don't open their prods get mod-killed, flip alignment/role, then become Neutral survivors ftl?
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Posting to say I'm here but had 3 back to back 8 hour shifts. Tired. Will reread.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 9:36 pm

Post by The Quintastic One »

Gheb wrote:I find some people's play at this point hardly believable. People are throwing votes around based on gut and clear other people just like that. DTM, Chrono, me and Sando all need a reread but people are completely OK with TQO being just left alone? That doesn't look like a smart idea any way you look at it and it's just detrimental to be that careless. Quite simply I can't see town playing like this on day 4.

Chrono or Farside have to do toDay.

Except for the fact that I claimed my role with the very real intention of becoming Modkilled and ending this game with a Mafia Win since the town has stopped caring about lynching scum.

Only by the generosity of this games Mod am I even still alive in this game, as I wasn't expecting to survive that claim.

I'd like to just attribute your willful ignorance of my suicide townie play as just laziness and idiocy, but considering the fact that I view Farside & Sando as town, that logically means that you HAVE to be scum. So I'd gladly pursue your lynch, but I'm also realistic enough to know there's no way in hell that we are going to get 4 players to agree on any lynch at this point, as I still believe this game is dead.

Gheb, DTM & Chronopie are the scum. I don't care who gets lynched, just one of them. If they are scum, great. If they are town, their refusal to participate in the late game is only a hindrance and we deserve to lose this game anyway.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 11:09 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Consider this TQO, at least one of your reads is wrong: I'm Vanilla town.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 11:10 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Also, if a VT is MK'd it won't end the game, as there is still both fire and ice.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Gheb
Gheb
Goon
Gheb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 11:34 pm

Post by Gheb »

The Quintastic One wrote:Except for the fact that I claimed my role with the very real intention of becoming Modkilled and ending this game with a Mafia Win since the town has stopped caring about lynching scum.

Only by the generosity of this games Mod am I even still alive in this game, as I wasn't expecting to survive that claim.

I'd like to just attribute your willful ignorance of my suicide townie play as just laziness and idiocy, but considering the fact that I view Farside & Sando as town, that logically means that you HAVE to be scum. So I'd gladly pursue your lynch, but I'm also realistic enough to know there's no way in hell that we are going to get 4 players to agree on any lynch at this point, as I still believe this game is dead.

Gheb, DTM & Chronopie are the scum. I don't care who gets lynched, just one of them. If they are scum, great. If they are town, their refusal to participate in the late game is only a hindrance and we deserve to lose this game anyway.
Posts like these are exactly what I'm talking about when I say I find it hard to believe.

Do you earnestly think that claiming Vanilla townie would EVER get you modkilled? Start has already claimed Doc but doesn't get modkilled, the rules don't specify that claiming your role will get you modkilled either and unless the role PM was directly quoted it never happened in any other mafia game. So why on earth would anybody EVER think that claiming gets himself modkilled? That's the biggest piece of garbage argument ever. Textbook example of a fake contribution to look pro-town.

Are you seriously trying to use that kind of nonsense to draw suspicion on me, pretty much based on OMGUS logic?

And what the hell do you say about me being not willing to participate? I have been like the most vocal player about my suspects all game whereas you have pretty much sheeped the easiest wagon all the time.
Gheb
Gheb
Goon
Gheb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 11:36 pm

Post by Gheb »

EBWOP: I also love how such a little remark of me draws such a harsh reaction from TO. Are we getting a bit defensive?
Gheb
Gheb
Goon
Gheb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 11:37 pm

Post by Gheb »

And by TO I mean TQO of course.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 1:06 am

Post by Chronopie »

So far we have yet to hear from Star and sando today.

Both, please list your scumspects, and could Star please tell us who you protected?
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 1:02 pm

Post by Sando »

There's much better ways to get yourself mod-killed than claiming, which will pretty much never get you modkilled. Not sure whether to put this down as frustration or as ATE, we'll see.

I personally think Farside is YBs partner in the first instance. A lot of references to Farside from YB without ever really saying that she's scummy. This quote sums it up really:
YellowBunny wrote:Farside: mildly scummy. Could be a playstyle issue, because you seemed overly aggressive with Lacey, and I almost always find very aggressive people scummy. As a result, I'm not certain how confident I feel in this read.
Finds Farside 'mildly scummy' then trips all over herself trying to qualify that as not being a confident read.

Then YB defends Farside from Max's fairly benign attacks:
yellowbunny wrote:
Max wrote: Farside follows a line of questioning that push players. So far of what I've read she hasn't been doing so, quite a few of the questions I've read so far pretty much been weaker than I believe she's capable of, the "Scum can hide" thing as well didn't seem to be what town-farside22 would say.
I'd hardly say that (at least with the Lacey issue) that Farside has been pulling any punches. Also, after Lacey replacing out, its not unreasonable to expect Farside to cool things down a bit. Did you consider these things at all in your analysis of her play?
So yeah, rereading YB I'm fairly convinced of Farsides partnering.

As for the other scum-team. I'm fairly confident that Chrono and TQO are NOT scum together, but also that 1 of them is. My gut at the moment is on Chrono, and a lot of this is based off asking the doc for his protect again today. I don't see how this benefits town, but it most certainly benefits scum.

This would leave DTM/Gheb. Neither are particularly engaged in the game (yeah yeah, pot calling the kettle black and all) but at the moment I think that is more genuine from Gheb. So despite my earlier suspicion, I would put DTM as the third scum.

Vote: Farside

At this stage, this is the read I'm most sold on, but I think it's based on her being YBs partner, and I'm not sure we want to get rid of YBs partner instead of trying to hit the other scumgroup. More risk, there might be 2 kills, but with only 1 scumgroup left we'd be guaranteed of a death a night, probably starting with the doc.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Asking for the doc's protection target...

True, I don't quite remember why I was asking. It would benefit the scum more than it would us. As it would let them know if they targeted the same person as the doc, or one of the other team.

ofc if they both targeted the doc, then they would have neutralised each other.

Would still like to hear Star's scumspects though.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 5:36 pm

Post by DTMaster »

@TQO
Um, unless I haven't been analyzing in about 95% of my posts, then your point is moot. Life = busy = less time for mafia = I'm here to reread and do my VC.

Plus claiming Vanilla Townie isn't really a mod kill offence because you're just claiming. The bloody PMs are posted in the first page right here:
CSL wrote:Welcome to 201, (PLAYERNAME), you are a townsperson.

You have nothing but your voice and vote.

WIN CONDITION: All of the scum are dead, and at least one town-aligned person is alive.

LOSE CONDITION: All townies and doc are dead, and one scum faction stands tall.

Confirm in thread
See here, unless you are counter claiming the doctor, or claiming scum, everyone from now on is assumed to be VT. This is an open setup. ><

If claiming is modkillable, then Star would have been dead already. So this entire train of logic is grossly wrong.

/rant.

But it's not scummy. It's just dumb.

Edit: Gheb beat me to the punch. You can't even modkill claim by posting your PM because of page 1.

@VC will come soon I'm going to first edit in a note pad with the following format:

Green = confirmed townies
Red = confirmed fire.
Blue when it comes and if I survive = confirmed ice.

I'll discuss the potential scummy players, without alignment, since it's easier to catch those without resorting to links. With these many town lynches, it means both scums have equal opportunity to jump on these wagons, and they would be very eager to lynch their non-faction aligned players. So it's very likely that we have these people.

Star is assumed to be 100% town without a counter-claim.

@Chrono
Ding ding ding ding!
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 6:39 pm

Post by Chronopie »

When I flip VT, please reassess your reads. /defeatist

--

Apart from Star, everyone has checked in. There are three Mafiosos , 2x ice, 1x fire. 1x Doc (star), and 3x VT.

If we take out the fire Mafioso today, we have a 2x ice vs. 3x VT lylo tomorrow.

If we take out an Ice Mafioso today, we have 1x Fire, 1x Ice, 1-3 VT 0-1 Doc (2-4 town) tomorrow.

If we get a VT mislynch today, we have 1x Fire, 2x Ice, 0-2 VT, 0-1 Doc (1-3 Town) tomorrow. Fire will have to claim if we still have 5+ players total. else we have endgame. For an Ice win.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 12:37 am

Post by The Quintastic One »

Gheb wrote:EBWOP: I also love how such a little remark of me draws such a harsh reaction from TO. Are we getting a bit defensive?
Yes, we are getting a bit defensive. Because you are continually barking up the wrong tree like a moron because you're scum trying to vilify someone who has already claimed Vanilla Townie with the intention of dying due to the claim. I WANTED to get myself killed so that this game could be over with as the overly inactive town refuses to band together for a logical lynch target. Hell, even Max was only lynched due to Chrono and myself constantly prodding the Mod to speed up the deadline and kill off Max since none of you were even active in this game anymore until CSL sent out the Mass Prod.

And once again, I see the town running around in circles with everyone taking up their own personal vendettas and looking out for #1 rather than trying to actually scumhunt. So here is my final attempt at proving my innocence/getting myself killed in the process in order to get you off my back and do some ACTUAL scumhunting.

]/quote]Reply to message mafiascum.net Forum Index
Previous private message :: Next private message
Inbox :: Message
To: The Quintastic One
Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:19 pm
Subject: Role PM (Open 201) Quote message
Welcome to 201, The Quintastic One, you are a townsperson.

You have nothing but your voice and vote.

WIN CONDITION: All of the scum are dead, and at least one town-aligned person is alive.

LOSE CONDITION: All townies and doc are dead, and one scum faction stands tall.

Confirm in thread

Part of the MS News Team, made by members of MS!

(\_/)
(._. )
(v v) Help the cool Bunny in T.W.D.!

Will not participate in any more Mafia games, unless it's from a mod I like.[/quote]
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 2:47 am

Post by Chronopie »

Now I feel sad, TQO has set himself up for a mod-kill.

All all I got told in my replacement pm was
You are a townie, you win when all of the scum are dead.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 2:53 am

Post by Chronopie »

For all the good my reads have been so far, I might as well just do this:
Original Roll String: 1d7
1 7-Sided Dice: (5) = 5

Players

1)
The Quintastic One
*to be mod-killed?
2)
DTMaster

3)
farside22

4)
Chronopie

5)
Sando

6)
startransmission

7)
Gheb
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 2:54 am

Post by Chronopie »

The dice has spoken
unvote, Vote: Farside
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 5:10 am

Post by farside22 »

Gheb wrote:I find some people's play at this point hardly believable. People are throwing votes around based on gut and clear other people just like that. DTM, Chrono, me and Sando all need a reread but people are completely OK with TQO being just left alone? That doesn't look like a smart idea any way you look at it and it's just detrimental to be that careless. Quite simply I can't see town playing like this on day 4.

Chrono or Farside have to do toDay.
Hey I will look into TQO too then. I know it's day 4 but I imagine the scum are just as desperate. Fire want's to hide since he is on his own. The best thing for the town is to find the last fire mafia. We have one less kill.
With 6 players at night (2 mafia, 4 town) That means one kill and town needing to find the last 2 ice back to back to win.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 5:13 am

Post by farside22 »

@Sando: Will you ever answer the points I made against your last 2 cases on me or will you continue to ignore them throught the game?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 5:29 am

Post by farside22 »

Okay so I too looked at Goro/YB in iso and a few things to note that Sando missed on purpose I'm sure.
yellowbunny wrote:I'm caught up.

TBH, I don't get the case on DTM.
Protects DTM

TheLonging: Prior to the most recent reading on this thread I would have listed TheLonging as my top suspect (combination of active lurking and weird vibes from him when he does post).

Gheb: Case posted on him is fairly compelling, and he just bumped TheLonging to my #2 most scummy. I need to go back and read in iso and think a bit, but for now fos: gheb

JacobSavage: seems a lot more focal as of late. Dropped from being scummy to neutral.

Farside: mildly scummy. Could be a playstyle issue, because you seemed overly aggressive with Lacey, and I almost always find very aggressive people scummy. As a result, I'm not certain how confident I feel in this read.

KMD: after Lacey/KMD issue, and his subsequent defense of Lacey, I think he's fairly townie.

Sando: Seems fairly pro-town so far.

DTM: Although his posting style seems different than last time I played with him, his overall approach seems similar to last game I played with him, and he was a townie then. Fairly pro-town

Everyone else is more or less neutral.
Doesn't say why he finds Sando town here. Uses others views to fos Gheb (note probably not scum with Gheb) Doesn't say anything about Lacey/Chrono/ TQO

GoroHonda wrote:farside can i ask two questions
i'll substantiate my reads afterwards

do you normally add apostrophes where they don't belong?

we like to have reason's without apostrophe

and is english your native tongue
Goro trying to make a weak case on myself because of my writing of all things

GoroHonda wrote:my reads:

maf
farside
dtmaster

neutral
lacey

villa
gheb
kdmaster
Has myself and dtmaster as scum for no reason.

I noticed that scum have a hard time interacting with their scum partner many times. This means in my view that TQO and Sando have the high probablity of being scum with YB. Look at YB in iso he doesn't say boo to either or interact in any way shape or form. This is usually an indicator of scum being afraid of tying themselves to the player.
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 5:38 am

Post by startransmission »

I'm here, I worked Mother's Day weekend brunch and haven't been online since early Friday.

Let me see what happened overnight and I'll comment.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 9:38 am

Post by Chronopie »

Chronopie wrote:There are three Mafiosos ,
2x ice
1x fire.
1x Doc (star), and 3x VT.

If we take out the
fire Mafioso
today, we have a
2x ice
vs.
3x VT
lylo
tomorrow.

If we take out an
Ice Mafioso
today, we have
1x Fire,
1x Ice
1-3 VT 0-1 Doc (2-4 town)
tomorrow.

If we get a VT mislynch today, we have
1x Fire,
2x Ice
0-2 VT, 0-1 Doc (1-3 Town)
tomorrow.
Fire
will have to claim if we still have 5+ players total. else we have
endgame.
For an
Ice
win.
tl;dr Hitting Fire = Lylo, hitting ice = good, Hitting town = lylo or endgame (based on nightkills)
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum