JackALope2323
Goon
JackALope2323
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 11:08 am

Post by JackALope2323 »

@Fitz:

No, town should not fight as hard as scum to stay alive. Town-aligned characters win if the town wins, not if they're alive at the end. Scum players, IIRC, in most games, win if they are alive at the end of the game.

Not to mention losing a scum-mate if you're scum is much worse than losing a town-mate if you're town.

Scum self-vote in order to gain sympathy, or in order to try to show that they're willing to sacrifice themselves for the greater good of the town, thereby attempting to make people think they're town, thus prompting players to take votes off of the self-voter.

I EXPLAINED WHY CLAIMING VANILLA TOWNIE IS DETRIMENTAL IN MY POST.

Now, if we somehow DON'T lynch SK, that's ONE less person the Scum is going to bother targeting. SK, if he IS a townie, and we don't lynch him, as effectively INCREASED scum's chances of hitting a cop or a doctor!
Never whistle while you're pissing.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 11:49 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

You know what, guys? I don't care about this game anymore. I shoot up the scum-o-meter for multiple people for reasons that I do not consider scummy, and absolutely no explaining on my part has been able to change people's minds. I am loathe to request replacement, though, because not only do I not want to place a potential replacement in this predicament that I'm in, but I doubt there is any way for anyone to save this slot. So the only option left is to lynch me.

If you want my opinion on who is scum, I would look at Espeonage, Jack, and Hoopla (and possibly AGM). Esp, Jack, and AGM's reasons still hold true, and Hoopla because Gecko was her predecessor, and I still feel queasy about that Ice vote. Everyone else is either neutral or town in my eyes.

All I can say is you better get something out of this lynch, town. So go ahead. Drop the hammer.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 2:18 pm

Post by ICEninja »

Mod
, we haven't had a vote count in a while. Could you please put one up before the hammer falls so we have a final pre-lynch vote count?
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 5:02 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Vote Count #11

Havingfitz - Espeonage,
Hoopla - AGM
Charter - SAMP
SaintKerrigan - ICEninja, Magna, Charter, Hoopla, Jack, Scott (L-1)
Espeonage - Havingfitz

Not Voting: Cruelty, SaintK

Deadline is May 12th at 12 pm PDT
With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 6:23 pm

Post by charter »

=======[]
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 6:31 pm

Post by ICEninja »

Deadline is in a few days, there are no possible secondary wagons at the moment. Who is ready to step up to the plate and swing?
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 6:52 pm

Post by Espeonage »

ICEninja wrote:Deadline is in a few days, there are no possible secondary wagons at the moment. Who is ready to step up to the plate and swing?
Well seeing as the only other option for todays lynch is me.
Unvote, Vote: StK
Don't @ me.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 8:55 pm

Post by havingfitz »

Espeonage wrote:
ICEninja wrote:Deadline is in a few days, there are no possible secondary wagons at the moment. Who is ready to step up to the plate and swing?
Well seeing as the only other option for todays lynch is me.
You had one vote on you along with three others and you were the only other option?

SK was undoubtably going to be the lynch...more crap reasoning from you.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 8:58 pm

Post by Espeonage »

No to be fair I was the secong choice of most people on that wagon. Magna even said that his first act tomorrow will be to vote me.
Don't @ me.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 2:21 am

Post by wolframnhart »

End Of Day 1Vote Count

Hoopla - AGM
Charter - SAMP

SaintKerrigan - ICEninja, Magna, Charter, Hoopla, Jack, Scott, Espeonage

Espeonage - Havingfitz

Not Voting: Cruelty, SaintK

Deadline is May 12th at 12 pm PDT
With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 2:35 am

Post by wolframnhart »

As the citizens of Murrieta gathered and accusations started flying, paranoia filling the air with it's toxic stench, SaintKerrigan stood out amongst the crowd. As eyes shifted his way, murderous intent in many, he snapped under pressure.

"Go ahead and kill me! I know where my loyalties lie!"

"No one in their right mind would say that!" many cried out.

"But it's true, if you keep me around, I will only be detrimental to the town!"

"Then let's see what is under that mask SaintKerrigan!" Esp cried out, leaping on top of SaintKerrigan, nails digging under his skin as Esp slowly ripped off Kerrigan's face, Kerrigan's shrieks of pain amplified by the sickening wet ripping sound of muscle and tissue being separated. When it was all done, and the puddle of blood oozed it's way to the crowds feet, Esp checked Kerrigan's body, only to find that aside from the fact he had a woman's face but a man's body, he also had a button that said Vote Wolframnhart For Mayor still stuck to the inside of his jacket.

SaintKerrigan
Townie
was killed Day 1.

As Esp wiped his hands on Kerrigan's jeans and walked back home with the rest of the towns people, many wondered, would they survive the night?[/i]

Since it is Mother's Day today I will extend the deadline by another 24 hours, Day Two will start Wed the 12th at 6am PDT. Any night actions sent in after that will not count.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 1:09 am

Post by wolframnhart »

I will be starting Day 2 half an hour earlier then planned because I might have to work a double shift today and do not want everyone waiting on me. Night scene and Day start will be posted shortly.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 1:17 am

Post by wolframnhart »

The citizens of Murrieta awaken, quickly rubbing the sleep boogers out of their eyes and rushing to get ready for the new day, fresh nightmares of SaintK's fate still clinging to the back of their minds like cobwebs in their hair.

The citizens gather at Denny's, trying to choke down some form of food for fuel for the day.

"Hey... has anyone seen Havingfitz?" someone calls out.

Forks are quickly dropped and coffee mugs are tipped over in the rush to get out of the restaurant and find out the fate of Havingfitz, which no one believed would be good.

Havingfitz's house was just down the street, and as everyone approached the porch they could see his car in the driveway with the Vote Wolframnhart for Mayor bumper sticker on this car and his frontdoor barely hanging by one if its hinges. Fear crawling up their spines, drying their mouths and cramping their bowels, and people started to cautiously step into the all too quiet house.

A scream is heard as everyone turns to the dinning room. There was Fitz, his head had been severed from his body, placed inside the fish tank next to his dinning room table. His head was drained of blood, eye's gouged out and mouth kept open with two toothpicks, letting his goldfish swim in and out of his gaping holes.

It was a race to the front lawn as people upended the breakfast they just had all over the front lawn. And when the retching had finally stopped, tears wiped from their eyes and vomit from the sides of their mouths, everyone shakily made their way to City Hall, the stench of just eaten french bread, stomach acid, and fear heavy in the air.

Havingfitz
Townie
turned into a fish tank decoration Night 1

How will the citizens deal with what they have found today?

Day 2 Starts now!

Vote Count 12

Not voting: Esp, Hoople, Charter, Scott, SAMP, Cruelty, AGM, Jack, ICEninja, and Magna

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline May 29th 5am PDT

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 3:46 am

Post by havingfitz »

BAH!
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 5:04 am

Post by ICEninja »

<out of character> LOL fit'z avatar looks like it is shouting "BAH!" <out of character>

It should be pretty clear that there was scum on Kerrigan's wagon, especially since someone who was not on the wagon was night killed. Scum didn't want to narrow it down for us.

The best places to start looking are the people who were the most opportunistic about their vote. The people who are most likely to to be scum on the wagon are the ones who hopped on the bandwagon without pushing it.

At the moment, I'm thinking Scott was probably the most opportunistic on the wagon. I'll examine everything closer.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 5:15 am

Post by ICEninja »

Let's take a look at that hammer vote we had.
Espeonage wrote: StK: Are you going to give this up? If not I will vote for you to stop this thing but I don't think you are scum and I don't really want to do it.
Espeonage at this point blatantly claims that Kerrigan ISN'T scum.
Espeonage wrote: StK may not be pro town with that. But it isn't scummy either.
Again, though less blatantly.
Espeonage wrote: Well that's the thing. I only really have 1 lynch target at the moment. All others are covered under the blanket of bad vibes. I have presented my case on fitz.
Kerrigan is NOT one of Espeonage's acceptable lynches. The only acceptable lynch to Espeonage was fitz, who is now confirmed town.
Espeonage wrote: Talking from my experiences the three times that someone has self voted in my games it has been a townie
More evidence to show that Kerrigan is indeed town, at least in your personal experience.
Espeonage wrote: Well seeing as the only other option for todays lynch is me.
And bam, you do it anyway.
Espeonage wrote: No to be fair I was the secong choice of most people on that wagon. Magna even said that his first act tomorrow will be to vote me.
This is your reasoning.

A litany of Kerrigan is not scum followed by a hammer to Kerrigan to save you while people are suspicious of you. Honestly, either you were scared town praying that Kerrigan was scum and that people would leave you alone after, or you're scum and you just wanted the day to be over with. If you really did think Kerrigan was town, then it was playing against town win condition to hammer, but perfectly fine for scum win condition to hammer.

Looks scummy as hell to me.
Vote Espeonage
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 5:45 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

We're not going to find any scum if we keep eating at Denny's

Esp was a top scum read of mine yesterday, and it hasn't changed.

Vote: Espeonage
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
JackALope2323
JackALope2323
Goon
JackALope2323
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 9:06 am

Post by JackALope2323 »

Vote: Espeonage

For now. I'll see how the day goes.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 9:21 am

Post by wolframnhart »

My HELLS YEA NO DOUBLE SHIFT!! vote count

Day 2 Vote Count #1

Esp - ICEninja, Scott, Jack (L-3)

Not voting:Esp, Hoopla, Charter, SAMP, Cruelty, AGM, and Magna

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline May 29th 5am PDT

*Please note that I moved the deadline hours back one hour. It would have been six but i changed it to five when I opened up the day this morning, this is because it will make it much easier for me if it comes to deadline time to close the day right away and start the next day 72 hours later. If however you wish to have that extra hour back please send me a PM. If enough players want that extra hour I will change it back. Thanks all!

Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 12:53 pm

Post by Super Awesome Mega Zord! »

charter wrote:
SAMP wrote:Neither of those self-votes are really similar to Kerrigan's. They are unemotional and clearly thought out, signifying gambits, whereas Kerrigan's is emotional and hasty, signifying frustration.
Oh, I missed where you said it had to done in frustration, probably because you just added that after you saw my examples so you can keep saying 'well Kerrigan's actions must be town'. I also missed the part where scum never get frustrated.
I didn't say scum never get frustrated, I said they don't give up out of frustration.
AlmasterGM wrote:Also, forgot to mention this in my first post, by Super Awesome Mega Pimp! is scummy as hell for defending SK. There is no defense agains that move. Flip doesn't even matter either - it's either defending the buddy or a lame attempt to look good tomorrow.
Almaster is acting like it's utterly impossible to have a town read on SK, while
completely
ignoring my logic for doing so. That's how scum chain mislynches.

Vote: AlmasterGM
8-) You can call me Mad Cool Ballin' King! for short. 8-)
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by Espeonage »

I knew Kerrigan was town. I also know I am town. He claimed VT and therefore I saw no reason to let myself die. There was no way a scum was going to be lynched thanks to the only two wagons being pro-town players.
Don't @ me.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by ICEninja »

Espeonage wrote: I knew Kerrigan was town. I also know I am town. He claimed VT and therefore I saw no reason to let myself die. There was no way a scum was going to be lynched thanks to the only two wagons being pro-town players.
So your logic therefore lead you to help kill the other town player instead of doing more to expose scum? If you were so sure Kerrigan was town, then you would help town by attacking people who have scummy positions on the wagon. You had your vote on fitz, who wasn't bothering with the Kerrigan wagon. You must have known, assuming Kerrigan was town, that there was scum on his bandwagon. Why weren't you looking for it? Why did you hammer someone you felt is town? Saying "if the lynch didn't go through, I would die instead" just looks like a survivalist mindset, not a scum lynching mindset. Which is exactly why Kerrigan was mislynched yesterday, because a townie was caring too much about how others felt about him and cared not enough about who the scum really was.

Then again, Kerrigan completely flipped the survivalist mechanism off and opted for self destruction, never really doing much to find the scum on his own wagon. He made a couple points about me, but didn't even really look at the players with more opportunistic points on the wagon.

Don't make Kerrigan's mistake, Espeonage. If you're town, you'll explain to us why you aren't scum AND ALSO will find scum. Doing one but not the other will only hurt town. If you can logically point out someone who had a scummy position on the wagon and put some pressure, you'll be doing what Kerrigan wasn't.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Ok if you look at how late in the day it was you will realise that we were approaching deadline.

Going by standard Votecount scumhunting procedure that means that there is a better than likely possibility that Jack and scott are scum. Jack doesn't seem like scum to me at this point.

Vote: Scott
Don't @ me.
JackALope2323
JackALope2323
Goon
JackALope2323
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by JackALope2323 »

My goodness. OMGUS already?

I like my vote.

And what do you mean "Standard votecount scumhunting procedure"?

Also, post 356 is quite possibly the scummiest thing I've seen all game.

"I don't want to die, so I'm going to hammer this wagon to make sure I don't get lynched."

Noice one.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 2:18 pm

Post by cruelty »

Ice wrote:If you really did think Kerrigan was town, then it was playing against town win condition to hammer

hmm i'm not sure how true this statement is.

whilst yeah, lynching town is generally not pro-town, in this case i think there's reasonable justification for it. i don't like you attacking someone for what was ultimately a necessary/inevitable/reasonable hammer.

my biggest issue with espeonage is the lack of commitment to a particular issue - he's acknowledged he's been deliberately fencesitting which leads essentially to active lurking.

vote espeonage
. this goes back to your play yesterday. i'm happy enough to remove it if you can (through awesome scumhunting) redeem yourself.
the nexus of the crisis

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”