CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 7:21 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

SpyreX wrote:I think I'm putting too much weight on NS being town with some of his later d2 stuff HOWEVER I'm still not sold on this being a better wagon.

So, I'll try this a different way:

What makes CMAR less likely to be scum than NS?
Let's put it this way: What makes CMAR more likely to be scum than NS?

Also, @ Manga: I really like that post, but does your final statement:
Manga wrote:If not cruelty will be receiving it for his general lack of scum-hunting, the quick-lynch comment and his resulting WIFOM defense.
not comply with Skeward too? What are your thoughts on him?

@Mod: Please prod Skeward and NS? I'm not sure when their last posts were, but I don't recall anything for a while and I'd like to see their response to VV. Thank you
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 9:22 am

Post by Darox »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Darox wrote:Spyrex is scum, Ooba is town, Josh is VI.
Given you have not mentioned Sprex once today I feel the need to ask – is he still scum in your eyes? Or was, as you put it at ISO 26 “totally random you guys”. If so why were you random voting well out of RVS?
TOTALLY RANDOM YOU GUYS.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Darox wrote:Cruelty needs to stop being scum.
Is cruelty still scum? Beyond NS (and I still assume CMAR) who do you find most suspicious?
I don't know. Cruelty, have you stopped being scum like I told you?
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
VasudeVa wrote:I seem to have replaced into a extreme lurker spot. If my town reads ever found my predecessor's lurkiness malicious, feel free to ask. I think I can explain why she lurked like a mofo but I don't think I should yet.
Does the explanation have nothing to do with in-game but rely solely on easjo meta? Because otherwise the only other explanation you could offer is role-based. Given you specifically pointed out soft-claim / claim requests as something you didn’t like out of CMAR, myself, ooba I really would like to know if you are inviting requests for some variety of claim yourself. That would seem to be inconsistent. Note that I want nothing of a claim from you just information as to were your explanation comes from.
Thanks Captain Obvious! No one has mentioned this before!
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 9:24 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Darox wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Given you have not mentioned Sprex once today I feel the need to ask – is he still scum in your eyes? Or was, as you put it at ISO 26 “totally random you guys”. If so why were you random voting well out of RVS?
TOTALLY RANDOM YOU GUYS.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Is cruelty still scum? Beyond NS (and I still assume CMAR) who do you find most suspicious?
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
VasudeVa wrote:I seem to have replaced into a extreme lurker spot. If my town reads ever found my predecessor's lurkiness malicious, feel free to ask. I think I can explain why she lurked like a mofo but I don't think I should yet.
Does the explanation have nothing to do with in-game but rely solely on easjo meta? Because otherwise the only other explanation you could offer is role-based. Given you specifically pointed out soft-claim / claim requests as something you didn’t like out of CMAR, myself, ooba I really would like to know if you are inviting requests for some variety of claim yourself. That would seem to be inconsistent. Note that I want nothing of a claim from you just information as to were your explanation comes from.
This post is just pure brilliance. I applaud you :roll:

BRILLIANT!
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

pee on you" - Chesskid

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 10:08 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Darox wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
TOTALLY RANDOM YOU GUYS.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
This post adds literally NOTHING to the discussion.

I'm going to iso Darox as soon as my eyeballs recover from the WALL-O-TEXT from VV. Also, I'll respond. In a bit.

Darox just pisses me off. Hey, do you know Ythan? You two would get along
famously.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 10:13 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Nobody Special wrote:
Darox wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
TOTALLY RANDOM YOU GUYS.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
This post adds literally NOTHING to the discussion.

I'm going to iso Darox as soon as my eyeballs recover from the WALL-O-TEXT from VV. Also, I'll respond. In a bit.

Darox just pisses me off. Hey, do you know Ythan? You two would get along
famously.
Yeah, I'm staring to get the
Red Herring
feeling...
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

TheSkeward
TheSkeward
Goon
TheSkeward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 10:38 am

Post by TheSkeward »

Vas: This is my opinion, and here is its evidence.
Scummy People: That is not the opinion of the town in general. This is the opinion of the town in general. We don't need evidence.
Vas: You're right, Scummy People. I was wrong and you are right. I will accept your opinion without evidence.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 10:38 am

Post by Darox »

CryMeARiver wrote:Yeah, I'm staring to get the
Red Herring
feeling...
I don't think you know what that phrase means.

I also don't think either of you are really paying attention to what I am saying or have said, and are instead getting all whiny and upset and hurt because I'm not playing the way you think everyone should play.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 10:43 am

Post by Darox »

In other news, Skeward, did you look at my #524 post? Or does it just not change your mind?
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 10:46 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

TheSkeward wrote:Vas: This is my opinion, and here is its evidence.
Scummy People: That is not the opinion of the town in general. This is the opinion of the town in general. We don't need evidence.
Vas: You're right, Scummy People. I was wrong and you are right. I will accept your opinion without evidence.
Ummm...what?
He thought NS was scum from the beginning based on HIS evidence. Where is his opinion changed based on anyone else?
Respond to my case please? Respond to his wall of text please?
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 10:58 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

NS wrote: Hey, do you know Ythan? You two would get along famously.
QFT.

Posts in one liners and doesn't answer questions? Check.
Flies of the handle when pressured about poor play? Check.
Responds mostly with insults as opposed to logic? Check.
Has a significantly overstated opinion of his own play? Check.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 10:59 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
NS wrote: Hey, do you know Ythan? You two would get along famously.
QFT.

Posts in one liners and doesn't answer questions? Check.
Flies of the handle when pressured about poor play? Check.
Responds mostly with insults as opposed to logic? Check.
Has a significantly overstated opinion of his own play? Check.
QFT
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 11:36 am

Post by Darox »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:Waaaaaaaaah
#1: Spyrex

Posts where I talk about him being scummy. #1 #2 #3 #4
So with that we've established that my vote was not random, and that my 'Totally random you guys' was an obvious joke poking fun at the stupid people who can only read what they want to see and not whats in front of them.

Then, I unvote Spyrex here. I don't vote him or attack him for the rest of the day.

Now, if you're a super psychic genius, you might be able to infer from this that I no longer felt Spyrex was acting scummy enough to warrant mention. For those of you who are not super psychic geniuses, I no longer felt Spyrex was acting scummy enough to warrant mention, hence the unvote and lack of further attacks.

#2: Cruelty

Posts where I personally mention Cruelty. #1 #2

Note that number one has some super difficult and complex analysis behind it and you may want to read it slowly to prevent your brain from melting.
As shown earlier, I expressed some minor suspicions of Spyrex and how I felt his attacks on Josh were disingenuous. I then asked Spyrex what he thought of Cruelties contributions to the Josh wagon. Using voodoo magic and wizardry, we can infer from this that I felt cruelties contributions were suspicious or lackluster.
Number two is the post you whined about.

From these two posts, we can tell that I have some very minor suspicions of cruelty, but have not felt they were enough to outrank my major suspicions of at those times.

As for "Who do you find most suspicious besides NS and CMAR", this is a bad question because A: I'm never going to lynch them over my main suspects until something changes and B: They can easily change within as much as one post.

#3: Yelling to the world about how VV has implied a softclaim.

If you noticed, here, I told VV that his softclaim was bad without ever pointing to the fact with a giant neon sign. Unlike you.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 11:40 am

Post by Darox »

Oh I forgot to mention for #3.

Also unlike you, I managed to scold him for it without fishing for confirmation that it was in fact a softclaim.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Nobody Special is online. Post. I would post the screenshot, but IDK how.
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 1:16 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

CryMeARiver wrote:Nobody Special is online. Post. I would post the screenshot, but IDK how.
And now he's officially offline. He has obviously read VV's post by now (hence his previous post), and he is avoiding the situation.
Also, after rereading VV's post, Skeward's post 11 and post 90 (not ISO) are pro-town, even if mafia doesn't know about Josh being on their side. He is still scummy to me, but the fact that NS just did that...

Unvote; Vote: NobodySpecial

Note: Just checked, and this is L-1
Get back online fool
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

TheSkeward
TheSkeward
Goon
TheSkeward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 2:32 pm

Post by TheSkeward »

CMAR flops like a fish.

Darox: I'm really on a knifepoint between NS and CMAR here. As soon as I settle on one, the other does something scummy. If CMAR gets to L-1, I will hammer him.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

TheSkeward wrote:CMAR flops like a fish.

Darox: I'm really on a knifepoint between NS and CMAR here. As soon as I settle on one, the other does something scummy. If CMAR gets to L-1, I will hammer him.
That's hilarious coming from King Flop himself (bandwagoned me, bandwagoned NS when I made my case on him, and he copied my case, and when that didn't catch on, he switched back to me). Actually, I am very interested in your case on me.
--I still find you very scummy, but NobodySpecial is continuing to do what we criticized him for. He is in virtue active lurking.

-He is not providing cases against people (not scumhunting). His biggest case was against a lurker, which is not scumhunting at all. He also bandwagoned me without providing reasoning. He is not even defending himself anymore. He is not contributing to the game.

-While I still find you scummy for your
actions
, you are contributing to the game. The difference is that you are scummy for your actions, while NobodySpecial trying to make it look like he is acting, when in essence he is doing nothing, is scummy.
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 7:00 pm

Post by cruelty »

cmar stop quoting giant posts it's fucking annoying when you're just adding an inane comment at the bottom.

like i said i'm kinda sorta too busy to add serious content right now (irl drama) but i am reading and staying up to date. i'll post updated thoughts over the next day or two.
the nexus of the crisis
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 7:24 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

CryMeARiver wrote:
Unvote; Vote: NobodySpecial

Note: Just checked, and this is L-1
Get back online fool
I count as L-2.

Darox, ooba, VV, CMAR == 4.

6 to lynch.

Prepping my eyeballs to read that humongous thang that VV plopped into the thread.

Expect another post from me within the hour.
....what?

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 7:46 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

VasudeVa wrote:NS #320 - Is all kinds of forced. Trying to fit in, reliving the useless scum innkeeper ruse ie. let's go back to talking about useless things and wasting time!, Very skeptical of Josh but no vote ie awkward bus tension, flings some dirt on obvtown who's pushing scum, 'more tonight' comment ie: 'Let town cook on the bullshit info I'm spreading'. I regret that we have but one lynch a day.
What I
actually
said:
Nobody Special wrote:I have read through page 6. I have to do some actual, you know, work today, so the remainder of the thread will have to wait till tonight.

Some impressions:

-- I have run across "tech" on his very site before. It seems to be a young person thing (I'm older than dirt).
-- I'm not thrilled that Darox said he was an Innkeeper.
-- I'm even less thrilled that the bloody discussion of same went on for, like, forty pages afterwards (although, it may have helped with scumhunting).
-- Very skeptical of Josh.
-- SpyreX
is
acting differently here. (I know, meta BAD blah blah)

More later tonight.
Wow. My post isn't the "forced" one; it's VV's
interpretation
of my post that is, obviously, forced. I wasn't "letting town stew" in my bullshit; I had just replaced into the thread and was catching up. Obviously, I'm not the MafiaGod that VV seems to be, what with his eyeball-breaking MegaSuperDuper Catch-Up Post of Doom. Woe.
VasudeVa wrote:Page 14
NS #336 - Glad we're done with the awkward pre-bus tension. Also, still at page 7 an
Please, do note that VV made no comment on my indication that Josh was scum
because he was debating debate terms
rather than actual scum-related issues.

VasudeVa wrote:Page 15
NS #368 - obvious scum post looking for an easy lynch.
What I
actually
said:
Nobody Special wrote:Shall we take a brief look at easjo? Sure:

D1 he did a lot of apologizing for not posting enough. The one substantive post he did make is as follows:
easjo682 wrote:
You have to give us something to go on. Like I've pointed out before I see nothing except setup speculation and zero scumhunting from your side. even if you don't think "anybody is scum", I'd like your opinions on various players.
JoshTheStampede- I haven't really taken to like from the start
Zang- not much to say either way
Slaine Hayes- dodgy but don't think he's scummy
cruelty- not much to say either way
TheSkeward- not much to say either way
Yosarian2- seems to be chipping in on the scum hunt
SpyreX- dodgy
CryMeARiver- dont really have an opinion
MagnaofIllusion- is contributing to the hunt
Darox- think hes town
Ooba- dont know
Waffling. Major, huge, active-lurking, I'm-scum-please-don't look-at-me waffling.

I also have some suspicions about Darox (admitted active lurking, distancing from Josh), but for now

Vote: easjo
I don't think I'm looking for an "easy lynch." I think easjo (now VV -- hmmm. Any connection there? NO WAY, HUH?) was AND IS scum.

Please also note how this can actually be construed as OMGUS.
VasudeVa wrote:Page 20
NS #491 - Right, call the guy who made a pretty awesome case against you a VI.
What I
actually
said:

...doesn't actully matter: I
did
call CMAR a VI.
And I meant it.

VasudeVa wrote:I personally want the NS lynch today because there are some major connections between him and Spyrex/Darox.
That's just the same as saying "I'll have eggs for breakfast because eggs come from a cow and I want steak for dinner." (Translation for the humor-impaired: It makes
no fucking sense.
Not in my world, at least.)
....what?

ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 4:31 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Looks like everyone has posted within the last couple days.

Vote Count:

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

(3) CryMeARiver: SpyreX, cruelty, TheSkeward
(4) Nobody Special: Darox, VasudeVa, Ooba, CryMeARiver

(3) Not Voting: Zang, MagnaofIllusion, Nobody Special

Day One ends by May 13th at the toll of midnight PST.

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 6:02 am

Post by SpyreX »

NS:

Vote. Give a case. Go.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 6:33 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Darox in 561 wrote: #1: Spyrex

Posts where I talk about him being scummy. #1 #2 #3 #4

#2: Cruelty

Posts where I personally mention Cruelty. #1 #2
If filtered out all the fourth grade level of name-calling and insults to see your actual point.

Regarding Sprex 1 and 2 are simple questions. 3 is the ever useful Obvscum statemenet and 4 is the only post where you actually assert something that might be considered a case.

Regarding Cruelty – 1 isn’t even directed at him and 2 is your very useful ‘Stop being scum’ statement. If you are town why bother to tell him to stop being scum? Because hunting scum is what you are supposed to be doing. Oh that’s right … you’re too cool to actually hunt and just want to cost through making glib comments.

Here’s a tip – Asking you to be clear about what you say isn’t stupid. Your ‘case’ on Sprex and cruelty were just non-commital comments you can walk away from. Wow, guess what … you did just that. Pro-town play involves clearly stating what your stance or opinions are. Don’t like that? Tough. I don’t have to like your style of play any more than you do mine (as you pointed out so childishly in ISO 21.)

I’d vote for you but figure at this point you’d make better Vigbait if we do have any remaining.
CMAR wrote: Nobody Special is online. Post. I would post the screenshot, but IDK how.

Stalking someone’s online status isn’t really Pro-town.
CMAR wrote: Also, @ Manga: I really like that post, but does your final statement:
MoI wrote:If not cruelty will be receiving it for his general lack of scum-hunting, the quick-lynch comment and his resulting WIFOM defense.
not comply with Skeward too? What are your thoughts on him?
I don’t think WIFOMing or the quick-lynch comment applies to TheSkeward. His Day 1 play was absolutely horrid. I’m also not a fan of his quick Day 2 vote on Nobody Special when he makes NO mention of SH / NS Day 1 and said in ISO 13 that cruelty was his top replacement choice for Josh. If he hadn’t flip-flopped so heavily between NS and you Day 2 I’d almost associate it with a guilty read. His buddying with Darox is also so blatant it can’t be a Mason style role.

Cruelty still sits higher on the scum ladder in my mind than Skeward.

And given that the lynch today looks solidly between NS and CMAR I’m going to but my vote on NS.
Vote: Nobody Special.

I don’t see anything that bears any resemblance to “ruthless scumhunting”. ISO 2 is full of statements that sound like you are taking a stand but stop well short of calling anyone scummy.
NS in ISO 2 wrote:-- I have run across "tech" on his very site before. It seems to be a young person thing (I'm older than dirt).
-- I'm not thrilled that Darox said he was an Innkeeper.
-- I'm even less thrilled that the bloody discussion of same went on for, like, forty pages afterwards (although, it may have helped with scumhunting).
-- Very skeptical of Josh.
-- SpyreX is acting differently here. (I know, meta BAD blah blah)
1. Tech comment adds nothing to actual discussion.
2. Being ‘not thrilled’ means what? That you don’t like gambits? That you find him scummy for faux-claiming?
3. You are even less thrilled with no player in particular.
4. You are skeptical? Of the player under heavy fire who you still can’t commit to saying is scummy?
5. Acting differently means what? In ISO 6 you say he’s acting scummier based solely on being less jovial (seriousness isn’t a scumtell) and less outspoken (which seems downright wrong given Sprex’s activity to that point). So he’s scummy for meta reasons but you don’t bother to reference where you got this suspicion from also.

Your remaining Day 1 posts say nothing about a single other player. Your reaction at ISO 5 is just plain odd. Being literal is a very good thing in the context of the game. Moving to Day 2 - ISO 14 your response to the speed-lynch comment from Cruelty also is scummy given how early in the day it was.ISO 17 - What happened to your easjo case? ISO 21 – WIFOM about cruelty’s being town further makes me believe you are scum.

Still waiting for the Darox case you said was coming after your VV response.

Finally as usual will be V/LA Saturday and Sunday.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 7:16 am

Post by Darox »

I liked the part where you didn't realize questions can convey suspicion and when ignored the explanations of Cruelty #1 because I was being mean.

Unvote
Because I'm suddenly more interested in CMAR and want to look at some things before anyone dies.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 7:18 am

Post by Darox »

EBWOP: and then*

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”