Pledge of Allegiance (Game Over! Page 76)

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 5:55 pm

Post by charter »

Xvart wrote:charter - why did you choose to vote me instead of Balter? I don't understand the point of you commenting about how we were not equal, then voting me? If you wanted to put more pressure on me after you learned I was already highest in the vote count why didn't you raise my vote count when you thought they were equal?
I voted Balter first, then saw you had more votes so I switched on to you. I think you're both scum, but I'm more sure of Balter.
Ellibereth wrote:VP is town.
Are you kidding me? There's like five scumtells in that post. I just read like the last two lines, but there's scumtells galore! Saying Xvart should be today's lynch. Then setting up three lynches if Xvart flips town.

I really just read the parts that were directed at me, because his post was so massive that I doubt anyone is going to read all of it.

Balter, I think Jack is scum because he keeps switching his vote for pointless reasons and each time it goes on someone who has no votes/suspicion and it just seems like he's posting for the sake of posting. I think Parama is town because everyone is saying it, so I'd thought I'd be cool and say it too. I haven't actually read many of his posts. Zorblag I think could be scum because he's just active lurking.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 5:58 pm

Post by Jack »

fos:charter
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 6:18 pm

Post by xvart »

charter wrote:I voted Balter first, then saw you had more votes so I switched on to you. I think you're both scum, but I'm more sure of Balter.
So you are now voting for the person you think is scum but less sure is scum? Why?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 6:27 pm

Post by Zorblag »

@VP Baltar, that's certainly a better bottle of wine than the one that I finished tonight but I started out with a 6 pack of cider so I won't be jealous. What was it that made you go from being willing to lynch me without any other information today to this defending that you seem to be doing now? DrippingGoofball was pushing her case hard after just two posts from me (and it is interesting that she was browsing the forum this evening but didn't choose to post anything) but as I said a couple posts ago the basis of her case is pretty easy to see from my point of view. On the other hand I don't see a compelling reason for you to be sticking up for me now.

@charter, it's interesting that your suspicion of me came apparently came right after Post 221 and that you're saying it's based on active lurking. Just so that I'm clear what you don't like, what is it that you think active lurking is? I don't mind it at all when people suspect me but that's an interesting reason for you to use.

@popsofctown, you've been on the site multiple times today and yet you still don't seem to have found time to say anything here. We'd very much appreciate any thoughts you'd like to share about this game.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 6:43 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

xvart wrote:
charter wrote:I voted Balter first, then saw you had more votes so I switched on to you. I think you're both scum, but I'm more sure of Balter.
So you are now voting for the person you think is scum but less sure is scum? Why?
This is actually somewhat along the lines of charter-town play.

Lets assume for a minute that we arent going to lynch Parama, who is your next best lynch and why?

@VPB - Yeah that game is the biggest reason I have UK-town. Some people really hate being anti-town, that game, and past experience with UK says thats she is one of them.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 1:58 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Troll wrote:What was it that made you go from being willing to lynch me without any other information today to this defending that you seem to be doing now?
I was fishing for your reaction and was sort of teasing that you're always scum when I play with you. If you recall, at the end of F&E I said that I should just start lynching you straight out in every game.
Llama wrote:@VPB - Yeah that game is the biggest reason I have UK-town. Some people really hate being anti-town, that game, and past experience with UK says thats she is one of them.
So you don't find it scummy that she violates her own tell?
charter wrote:I really just read the parts that were directed at me, because his post was so massive that I doubt anyone is going to read all of it.
:( hey, I worked hard on that. Am I that much of a bore to you?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 2:07 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Also Troll, I don't know if I'm "sticking up" for you so much as I want DGB to explain herself better. Like I said, your posting style doesn't seem to change much from town to scum so I don't see how she is claiming it to be so obvious.
YOUR AD HERE

Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 2:25 am

Post by Zorblag »

@VP Baltar, I do remember that from the end of the last game, yeah. And when you opened this game saying you were fine lynching me it didn't warrant any comment at all as I assumed that you thought it was a funny continuation of that. Your conversation with Debonair Danny DiPietro did some to make me think that you were being more serious but it still wasn't worth a comment. As for the sticking up for me, it was more than just asking DrippnigGoofball for a better explanation (your tone with that bit was, as you say was somewhat neutral); you also listed charter's probably scum read on me as one that was wrong. I failed to get that across in my previous post.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 2:31 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I just like disagreeing with charter because he's obviously not trying very hard this game.

And I debated with DDD because I did want to come across as at least mildly serious to you or it definitely wouldn't have gotten a reaction. Speaking of which, why was it not worth a reaction at all when you started to believe I was serious?
YOUR AD HERE

Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 2:39 am

Post by Zorblag »

@VP Baltar, how much have you played with charter? This seems about what I expect from an opening for him.

As for reacting, what reaction would have been worth giving? If you really did think that I'm the sort of player who would choose scum or other I could deny that (which in fact, I sort of did when I answered Ojanen's question with my opening post) but it doesn't really bother me if that's the position you want to start with. I find it an opinion you could believably have given what you've seen of my play. Arguing against people playing in a natural way isn't going to help us find scum.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 2:58 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Look at this post people...
Nicodemus wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:Yeah im going to defend my town reads hardcore. Especially against really bad points. Lets try you. Why is guessing scummy?
Guessing isn't scummy when it's just guessing, but when someone asks you how many scum are in the game and you come back with a very confident, exact number, it
is
suspicious. No townie role, at least in my experience, could possibly give you any clue as to the exact number of scum in a game. If it was a guess, fine, but the way Parama presented the number it sure didn't sound like a guess.

I am however, willing to accept that Parama was joking, because I've seen him do things like this in the past (OMG META Parama), but you defending his, on the surface, non-guess as a guess made me question your motives. We're on the same page with Parama and xvart, though, so I'm willing to drop this for now.

But I'm curious: what is the number of scum that you guess are in this game?

-------------------------------------------

DGB's case looks good, although I admit it seems to be drifting into "too townie to be town" land. I'm going to let Zorblag post a bit more before I come to any conclusions on that front.
He displays utter oblivousness to a possible information role and only uses the "joking" assumption to try and back away from a bad situation when both possibilities should have been a consideration in the beginning.

And then he ends the post by mischaracterizing IIoA as "too townie to be town" which is really just a dreadful opinion. Nico needs more votes.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 4:12 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

VP Baltar wrote:Also Troll, I don't know if I'm "sticking up" for you so much as I want DGB to explain herself better. Like I said, your posting style doesn't seem to change much from town to scum so I don't see how she is claiming it to be so obvious.
That Troll post I disintegrated with a laser gun was, to me, obvious; damn all meta arguments, it's scummy all of itself. And now I'm sitting back, admiring my handiwork and wondering if I'm on to something, and I'm seeing (and this is something I sense in my GoofballGutTM), Zorblag fighting hard and fast to... to... to
appear
town. Fighting really, really hard. Suddenly he's shiningly town in a way that I've never seen him before, and god knows he's good as sounding town... but how can I say? Normally he sounds more detached and calculating, yet natural.

I could totally see Zorblag choosing SK. Was this a choice? I went back to check my PM, and I see "Town, Mafia or Other" - with Zorblag being such an individualist, it would totally make sense for him to choose OTHER. That might account for his heightened fighting spirit.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 4:14 am

Zorblag wrote:(and it is interesting that she was browsing the forum this evening but didn't choose to post anything)
Yesterday was my 25th wedding anniversary, I read all my games, but didn't have time to post - and I had lots to say.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 4:16 am

Also, two more townies:

-charter
-DDDDDD

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 4:23 am

I need to update my list.

TOWN

DrippingGoofball
Ellibereth
VP Baltar
UKitten
Nicodemus
Parama
DannyD

NEUTRAL

FishyFish
LlamaFluff
Ojanen
BabbaBouey
Red Coyote
Nicodemus
Phate

SCUM PLAYERS THAT FEAR MY SCUMDAR AND NEED TO DIE DIE DIE

popstown
Jazzmyn
Shotty
Cobalt
d3x

CULT LEADER

Jack

SCUM

xvart

OTHER

Zorblag

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 5:21 am

Post by zoraster »

Day 1 Vote Count

charter ( 0 )
Cobalt ( 0 )
d3x ( 0 )
Debonair Danny DiPietro ( 0 )
DrippingGoofball ( 0 )
Ellibereth ( 0 )
farside22 ( 1 ) RedCoyote
fishythefish ( 0 )
Gammagooey ( 1 ) Jack
imaginality ( 0 )
Jack ( 1 ) Gammagooey
Jazzmyn ( 0 )
LLamaFluff ( 0 )
Nicodemus ( 1 ) Debonair Danny DiPietro
ojanen ( 0 )
Parama ( 2 ) xvart imaginality
phate ( 1 ) farside22
popsofctown ( 1 ) Zorblag
RedCoyote ( 0 )
Shotty to the Body ( 0 )
UncertainKitten ( 0 )
VP Baltar ( 2 ) Parama phate
xvart ( 8 ) Ellibereth LLamaFluff ojanen Nicodemus fishythefish charter UncertainKitten VP Baltar
Zorblag ( 2 ) Cobalt DrippingGoofball
Not Voting ( 4 ) d3x Jazzmyn popsofctown Shotty to the Body
Total Votes ( 24 )

Deadline: May 18th at 11:00 EDT
With 24 able to vote, 13 needed to lynch.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 5:34 am

Post by popsofctown »

prod dodge. sorry i will realpost soon promises
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 5:51 am

Post by farside22 »

DGB: Why am I not on your list and why is nico listed under neutral and town?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 5:54 am

Oops. O forgot my earlier read of Nico as town, and I forgot about you farside. Can you find it in your heart to forgive me?

TOWN

DrippingGoofball
Ellibereth
VP Baltar
UKitten
Nicodemus
Parama
DannyD
farside22

NEUTRAL

FishyFish
LlamaFluff
Ojanen
BabbaBouey
Red Coyote
Phate

popstown
Jazzmyn
Shotty
Cobalt
d3x

CULT LEADER

Jack

SCUM

xvart

OTHER

Zorblag[/quote]

Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 6:49 am

Post by Zorblag »

I'll wait till popsofctown delivers on that promise before moving my vote. In the meantime I'll do some pretty blatant water testing to see if it'll be worth my while joining farside22 on a Phate wagon if we get a post that was worth waiting for.

@Debonair Danny DiPietro, what did you think of Nicodemus's Post 164? You don't like his Jack vote from the start of the game (I'm indifferent; at that point it's a reason to vote and he didn't do any pushing to make it an issue particularly) and I don't disagree with what you've got to say about his most recent post but I'm not sure why you're pushing him over, say, Phate just now.

@DrippingGoofball, hopefully you had a lovely anniversary. Congratulations on 25 years. Remind me to tell you why I think you've got that impression of my play later. Or rather remind me to tell you what's actually motivating play that could give you that perception. Why is it that Phate makes your neutral category? I'd think that he'd be a decent candidate for one of the lower down ones.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

@VP: Thanks for proving you're just a dick ^-^.

I reserve the right to ignore every post you make from now on until you get an attitude adjustment and also learn how to post in a readable format.

And also don't spend half a post on completely irrelevant shit.

Oh, right, and you've still never explained how I violated my own tell and decided to woohoo ignore the evidence I had against your fucking idiotic accusation.

Die.

I'll find a way to make sure you die. You most certainly deserve it.

Not much else to respond to,
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 7:16 am

Zorblag wrote:@DrippingGoofball, hopefully you had a lovely anniversary. Congratulations on 25 years.
Thank you! The anniversary was as lovely as the 25 years.
Zorblag wrote:Remind me to tell you why I think you've got that impression of my play later. Or rather remind me to tell you what's actually motivating play that could give you that perception.
Mmmm. K.
Zorblag wrote:Why is it that Phate makes your neutral category? I'd think that he'd be a decent candidate for one of the lower down ones.
Thanks for highlighting that oversight, Phate is an evil lurker and he IS scum. Update:

TOWN

DrippingGoofball
Ellibereth
VP Baltar
UKitten
Nicodemus
Parama
DannyD
farside22

NEUTRAL

FishyFish
LlamaFluff
Ojanen
BabbaBouey
Red Coyote
Phate

popstown
Jazzmyn
Shotty
Cobalt
d3x

CULT LEADER

Jack

SCUM

xvart
Phate

OTHER

Zorblag

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 7:16 am

Post by farside22 »

Fishy: Is there any reason you attacked Jack for his I would have chose mafia but ignored RC for saying close to the same thing?

DGB I would take phate off of neutral if I were you and add him to the fear your scumdar list.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 7:17 am

Dear Players,

I issue this challenge to you.

(1) ISO Phate
(2) Vote Phate

Can you do it? Let me show you how it's done.

## unvote
## vote: Phate

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 7:21 am

farside22 wrote:DGB I would take phate off of neutral if I were you and add him to the fear your scumdar list.
Absolutely, not only that, but he's scum. He's got only one post worthy of being called a post, and it's a kinda shifty weirdo comment asking me if I'm "criticizing" Troll for heaven's sake, why would I do that? Of course I made the comments because I think Troll is scum. Phate is trying to appear neutral, not ruffle feathers, escape notice, and it's clear he's uncomfortable and fearing detection.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”