broomhead
broomhead
Goon
broomhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 8:37 pm

Post by broomhead »

InflatablePie wrote: Speaking of which, I'm interested: what are your thoughts on Espeonage so far, broom?
The vote is still out.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 8:44 pm

Post by Fate »

Uh, what?

What are your thoughts on his play?
was the question.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
broomhead
broomhead
Goon
broomhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 10:34 pm

Post by broomhead »

He talks too much, changes his mind too often (flippy-floppy) and is clearly trying too hard to do...something, in recent pages. Like I said though, votes still out.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 10:50 pm

Post by Fate »

He hasn't responded to the case on him from Pie or myself at ALL.

Also how can this come from Town?:
Zang isn't a noob. I would probably policy lynch him on the fact that his only tell while scum that I saw was my gut feeling.
I never said I was advocating a Zang lynch. I was merely giving an explaination to Anti. That is Fate's ideal. Not mine.
More Espeon votes please. If Anti votes the "probtown newb" over Espeon still in his next post I'll lynch him after Espeon's scumflip.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 12:46 am

Post by Parama »

Fate wrote:He hasn't responded to the case on him from Pie or myself at ALL.

Zang isn't a noob. I would probably policy lynch him on the fact that his only tell while scum that I saw was my gut feeling.
I never said I was advocating a Zang lynch. I was merely giving an explaination to Anti. That is Fate's ideal. Not mine.
More Espeon votes please. If Anti votes the "probtown newb" over Espeon still in his next post I'll lynch him after Espeon's scumflip.
Goddammit Fate
That's beautiful
unvote, vote: Espeonage

Yeah that's pretty obvious scum,
FoS: FakeGod
ofc because you're not off the hook yet
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 6:34 am

Post by Antiximo »

Oh, I clearly explained how I felt about FakeGod Broom, if i didn't, i'll reexplain as clearly as possible.

1) He's only defended himself
2) After me clearly telling him ' I want you to talk and help town, or else you should in no doubt die ', he has yet to help
3) I've re-read him and showed reasons why I think he's scum, and newb town.
3a) while i feel he's newb town in some cases, he has played this game before, therefore can use this to his advantage. I shouldn't treat him differently.
4) In the end, my vote is still on Docpotter (this isn't by my doing, however i am actually going to keep it here)
Killin some scum.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 9:10 am

Post by Zang »

FakeGod wrote:and have you seen my vote and the reasoning behind it? And what do you mean you want me to talk? I've been very active in the game! and I'm parroting? I only asked what in the world you asked me in post 250, because it was worded poorly. And yes, I already admitted that this is my second game in the forums. I never asked you to consider me differently because of it. No need to put me on a pedestal, sheesh.
I agree, fakegod has been very active lately and I see no evidence of him parroting.
Broomhead wrote:Also: P.S. Can we (specifically Zang) start using the author feature of quotes? you just toss a little equals sign and quotes around a name and it will say who said what in your quote. Makes reading a whole bunch more easy to follow instead of just guessing at who said what.
I do, look at my previous posts. I only didn't for my analysis' because I said the name befor the quote.
Fate wrote:He hasn't responded to the case on him from Pie or myself at ALL.

I'm fine with voting for esp. But the quotes where in two different situations. 
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 9:17 am

Post by Fugitive »

I don't like anti's vote on Doc. Yes, doc is up there for my scum candidates, but it's a safe-vote that he knows won't affect the game or give away something bad. Honestly, Anti's play is very telling of scum, and he even seems to be getting a bit flustered. I didn't like his follow up vote on FakeGod either, after I made a small case about him.

I still would prefer a FakeGod lynch though. I think we can't really learn much from an Esp lynch, and if he flips town then Day 1 was worthless. I at least have buddying tells from Fake. If Fake flips scum, for example, then I'm pretty sure Parama, and broom are town and that Pie is scum. If he flips town then I'd be willing to go after Esp, Anti, or Doc. I'll make a stronger case on FG soon.
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 9:23 am

Post by NavyCherub »

Fugitive wrote:I still would prefer a FakeGod lynch though. I think we can't really learn much from an Esp lynch, and if he flips town then Day 1 was worthless.
I agree. I don't like Espeon right now, but we don't gain anything from his lynch either way, so I would rather not do that today.
[url=http://wideface.wordpress.com/]Let's Wideface.[/url]
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 10:16 am

Post by FakeGod »

Hey guys, I won't be nearly as active for next few days (esp. during the weekend) due to number of AP tests coming up. :(

Just a warning.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 10:21 am

Post by FakeGod »

@fugitive: I profusely apologize, but I don't think I'll be able to give you a great response to that PBP analysis you were going to do. (at least until next week) :(

@Parama: Understood.

I will try my best to reply and keep up with what's going on though.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 11:48 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

A PM I picked up leads me to believe that this is a point of confusion, so I am going to make this loud and clear:

Unvoting before voting someone else is mandatory.
I appreciate those of you that know already reading the rules, but those of you that skimmed past them may want to look at them more carefully.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by Fugitive »

FakeGod wrote:so I asked my 8 ball whether Parama is maf.
It said yes 5 times in a row, forcing me to re-RVS.

Unvote: Broom

Vote: Parama
In context, this was actually the 5th vote on Parama. He switched his RVS and, if you believe him, specifically asked his 8-ball about Parama. Then, claimed it was just an RVS vote to hide the bandwagoning. This was the post that first made me vote for him.
FakeGod wrote:Wow! This is fast-paced!!!

@Espeonage: I like your style. Concise and decisive.

@Antiximo: yeeeah I thought I saw you there...

@InPie: I never stop random voting. Never ever. :) :) ;)
This is the next post that caught my attention. I can't say decisively that he's buddying, but it's clearly complimenting other players for no real apparent or strategic reason other than to get on their good side. Notice he does talk to Pie, my suspect for his buddy.
FakeGod wrote:Hey I just realized that FoS works in weird ways.
For example, if I
FoS
ed everyone except Fugitive, who did I really FoSed?

Fugitive obviously. Strange, eh?

@InPie: I <3 Pikachu!

@Brandi: I like your style. Sophisticated and well-reasoned. :wink:

@Parama: It's cool. 8-)
Unvote
and now your reaction is......?

Alright, I think I have a rough sketch of people I'll be playing with. It's an honor to be playing with you folks
*takes a bow*
but I don't think I'll be posting until more people (like that broom guy I rved) shows up.
This is his very next post. After I'm the first to vote for him and bring up any case at all, he immediately claims that he's already FoS'd me and no one else. He's still talking nonsensically to other players, and even unvotes Parama when called on the massive bandwagon trying to shove it off as a reaction test. This post solidified my vote.
FakeGod wrote:@Esp: Understood. I'll immediately stop trying to buddy with every single person in the game. Not that I think I'm buddying. If you haven't noticed, all my posts so far only created enemies not buddies, wouldn't you agree? ;)
Caving to other players request, then denial that you were doing, in the first place, what you were requested to stop doing. You were buddying too, as I've proven in 2 of these quotes, so your denial shows me that you know you were doing something wrong, acknowledgment that you knew it was wrong, AND then lying about doing it.

***FG doesn't post for a few pages here***

These next series of quotes are solely defenses to people's cases. Post 137, I find an adequate defense of Parama's case against him.
FakeGod wrote:You know, Brandi, I can't believe you actually bought what Parama said.

For a player who talked about a lot about buddying, you buddy up pretty fast.

I tried buddying with Esp? By how, complimenting "I like your style"?
Unless Paramas acting really stupid/gullible, there's no way Parama or anyone would actually believe that I'm trying to buddy up. The fact that I wasn't serious was even more visible by my post afterwards in response to you, when I said exact opposite of what I said just a moment ago. (Concise vs. sophisticated, decisive vs. well-supported)
This is post 140. This is where we breach the point of over defensiveness. It's one thing to defend yourself, like he did in 137, it's another to almost freak out and "I can't believe you..." or deflect his own actions "you buddy up pretty fast."
FakeGod wrote:@Navy:Please tell me how serious I was when I posted what you read. And when you start to accuse of "wasting space" or "creating distraction", I'll remind you that we've started what, a day ago? Sure, I'll admit that I love making conversation in the game of mafia. It's a social game. And before you accuse me of not helping town by these empty posts, convince me how you helped the town during time the period when I was posting those posts.
I HATE this response. When people are called out on not actually helping the town, 90% of the time they turn around on who said that to them and throw the same question in their face. It's a total deflection of responsibility and avoidance of the question.

Post 146. Another great example of over-defensiveness. Though he responded to Parama fine the first time, people should know Parama never gives up. When Parama kept pushing FG lost it. This is as big a scum tell as anything he's done. "Unvoting Random Vote without a reason is illegal now?" is my favorite line of the post. Oh, legality.

His next few posts are almost useless to take apart and analyze. Post 151, 154, 172, 179 are all over defensive and just responses, usually to Parama, that justify why FG should be town and nothing more.

--- I'd like to stop here and point out something FG does that bothers me a lot. He often stops in the middle of his defenses and asks "So restate your case or explain why I'm scum." At first, it seems okay, but if you look deeper into the question it gets rather annoying. It's as if he's not paying attention, as if he had just proved to everyone in his defenses that all points against him made him an inadequate scum target and now people need new reasons to find him scummy. ---
Note: He just did that to me, which is why I'm making this PBPA.
FakeGod wrote:
NavyCherub wrote:
Espeonage wrote:RVS was over somewhere between post 29 and 33.
^^^ this guy is a smart guy, he knows how to play mafia.
So.....I take it that you don't like RVS very much?

@Esp: You recently unvoted me and said I was VI (which I'm guessing stands for Village Idiot). How does this fit in with your previous case of me and Brandi being scumbuddies, and where does this put Brandi in your eyes? and may I ask why you changed your views on me? I've been rereading what I said between the time of your vote and unvote, but I'm not sure what caused you to change your mind so suddenly, especially since you have stayed fairly consistent entire game (with the me + Brandi theory) until that point.

Vote: Espeonage
but this is an unfair vote because for some people I couldn't even get a good read due to their lack of posts
Here is the jump onto the other wagon and acknowledgment that it's a poor vote. Lol'd.
FakeGod wrote:My reasoning behind my vote:

I had town vibes from Esp until his unvote and sudden shift in view, where he used to be very consistent throughout the entire game, and not anymore.

Being inconsistent isn't necessarily bad, but for a player who's been very consistent to suddenly change his views without giving much reasons, I'd say something's up.
Now he realizes he voted without giving reasons... oops. Also, inconsistency =/= scum-tell. Just sayin'.

Post 238 is where the Pie buddying starts. This is different from the other, previous buddying. He's not going off-topic and complimenting Pie, and such, he's adopting Pie's viewpoints as his own. It also seems as if he's trying to establish himself on the front of the Esp lynch, and draw attention away from his suspicions.
FakeGod wrote:Um guys, I'm town. Please don't lynch me.
Oh, okay. I'll just throw out all my suspicions based on this rock-solid, well established defense. :wink:

Which brings us to where he asked me to do this. I agreed. And now I'm about to hit the submit button.
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by Fugitive »

EBWOP: This is why my vote stays on FakeGod and I strongly urge the town to lynch FakeGod.

If he flips scum, I have strong town and scum candidates.

If he flips town, I have strong scum and town candidates.
DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by DocPotter »

Unvote, Vote Espeonage

Mostly to correct the count.

Though Fugi does present a compelling case.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

DocPotter wrote:
Unvote, Vote Espeonage

Mostly to correct the count.
The last posted count shows you as already voting Espeonage. I just haven't bothered copying it to the first post, though I'll go do that.

Edit:
Though, strangely, we seem to have counted your Espeonage vote the first time without you unvoting. I guess that makes it official, now doesn't it?

broomhead
broomhead
Goon
broomhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 1:19 pm

Post by broomhead »

Fugitive wrote:EBWOP: This is why my vote stays on FakeGod and I strongly urge the town to lynch FakeGod.

If he flips scum, I have strong town and scum candidates.

If he flips town, I have strong scum and town candidates.
well if you are urging a vote to lynch, I would suggest sharing those ideas before the day ends, because you might be the night kill with a 'plan' like that one. A vanilla townie has no good reasons to have secrets (or none that I know)

Also: nice case against FG, you've done a good job of convincing me, though I don't like how it comes just a few posts after he says he'll be gone for the weekend. I would like to know what you are thinking in terms of if he is scum then you suspect _____ and if he is town then you suspect _____
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by Brandi »

Guys I've been having some really bad connection issues (it's been going on since lightning hit our house last week- lots of appliances went out, the internet goes in and out a lot we might need a new router or something) But I'm going to a friends house and I should have a stable enough connection to make a decent post :/ Really really sorry for delays.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Brandi wrote:Guys I've been having some really bad connection issues (it's been going on since lightning hit our house last week- lots of appliances went out, the internet goes in and out a lot we might need a new router or something) But I'm going to a friends house and I should have a stable enough connection to make a decent post :/ Really really sorry for delays.
Noted. Sorry to hear the misfortune.

Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by Fugitive »

broomhead wrote:well if you are urging a vote to lynch, I would suggest sharing those ideas before the day ends, because you might be the night kill with a 'plan' like that one. A vanilla townie has no good reasons to have secrets (or none that I know)

Also: nice case against FG, you've done a good job of convincing me, though I don't like how it comes just a few posts after he says he'll be gone for the weekend. I would like to know what you are thinking in terms of if he is scum then you suspect _____ and if he is town then you suspect _____
Good point.

If he flips scum:

-My top scum candidates are: DocPotter and InflatablePie
-People I was suspicious of that are more likely town are: Espeonage and Anti
-People I think are town are: Parama, Fugitive (I don't want to give away too many town reads, as it helps scum more than town if I were to die, but Parama is here for a reason)
-People with a neutral read: broom, Navy, Fate, Zang, Brandi

If he flips town:

-My top scum candidates are Espeonage and Anti
-People I was suspicious of that become more likely town: InflatablePie
-People I think are town are: Fugitive (>_>)
-Neutral reads: broom, Navy, Fate, Zang, Brandi, Parama, DocPotter

---

Lastly, it did come a few posts after he said he'll be gone a few days, but if you notice I promised (on page 11, I think) that I would be doing this PBPA before he decided he should be gone for a week.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 1:53 pm

Post by Antiximo »

Fugitive wrote:I don't like anti's vote on Doc. Yes, doc is up there for my scum candidates, but it's a safe-vote that he knows won't affect the game or give away something bad. .
TO say that doc doesn't give information isn't true.

He's parroted pie in the beginning of d1, which is a potential connection, however I will stop right here and say that to lead another lynched based off of this would be reaching extremely hard.

The only reason i didn't confirm my vote with fakegod is for one reason. After reading broomhead's post, I agree with his POV. I still have more of a feeling he's newb scum than mafia. That being known, I don't care so much about the town flip and the connections enough to kill a townie, I care more about the flip I'm quite certain will leave scum (i,e, docpotter). Which generally is the point of the game.

Also, Fugitive, the idea of one vote entirely leading a lynch is exaggerating. While my vote is on Docpotter, while the vote does on a larger extent mean I want him dead, I also want him to talk, and give information to the greatest of his ability (just like I did to fakegod)

I feel i've given too much conversation and probably will fall upon looking scummier, however I hope this converssation sheds some like upon my insight.
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by Antiximo »

EBWOP: in my third section, i meant newb town and not newb scum. Sorry to cause confusion.
Killin some scum.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 2:02 pm

Post by FakeGod »

well I won't be totally gone per se, but nothing I can do. AP tests are horrible.
I'm fine today, not so good tomorrow, bit better Thurs, bit better Fri, but probably lockdowned in the weekend. or something like that.

Well, here's my response.

@fugitive: Your first four quotes are my RVS. Sorry if I wasn't clear in my defense to Parama, but yes, I was just joking around in those posts. And the 8 ball is a lie. <gasp>

"I can't believe..." was in more :P tone than OH NO I'M GONNA DIE tone, but I guess I came off as more extreme tone to you.

Well, the reason I acknowledged that vote on Esp was a poor vote because some people (cough fugi cough) didn't post much at all. (at the time I posted anyways) I couldn't get any read on them, which was why I thought it was unfair.

And yeah, I forgot to include the reasoning behind my vote after my posted. That was my bad, but I corrected myself in time I hope?

Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 2:15 pm

Post by Fugitive »

FakeGod wrote:@fugitive: Your first four quotes are my RVS. Sorry if I wasn't clear in my defense to Parama, but yes, I was just joking around in those posts. And the 8 ball is a lie. <gasp>
Well, RVS does mean something. That was a huuuuge bandwagon vote followed by an unvote after pressure. RVS isn't completely random.
FakeGod wrote:"I can't believe..." was in more :P tone than OH NO I'M GONNA DIE tone, but I guess I came off as more extreme tone to you.
This is a defense that is useless. Your tone cannot be proven one way or another, all we have to go off of is your words. And those words were pretty scummy to me.
FakeGod wrote:Well, the reason I acknowledged that vote on Esp was a poor vote because some people (cough fugi cough) didn't post much at all. (at the time I posted anyways) I couldn't get any read on them, which was why I thought it was unfair.
You've done it again. You're trying to deflect your scumminess onto other people, this time me. Voting for someone while acknowledging that it's a bad vote, FOR ANY REASON, is bad.
FakeGod wrote:And yeah, I forgot to include the reasoning behind my vote after my posted. That was my bad, but I corrected myself in time I hope?
You only corrected yourself after being called on not giving a reason. So no, it wasn't in time.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”