Pledge of Allegiance (Game Over! Page 76)

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 6:28 pm

Post by xvart »

UncertainKitten wrote:@xvart: Nice. There are so many reasons that's a terrible post, at least regarding DGB and Ellibereth. Are you even TRYING to find scum? I shall await their response to the accusation though.
How is it a terrible post with regards to DGB and Ellibeth? Especially since you are awaiting a response. You must find something in there intriguing or noteworthy. Care to clarify your stance?
Parama wrote:
xvart wrote:
Jack wrote:What was the conclusion?
That he was fishing for possible post restrictions?

xvart.
Are you asking him? Can't you be sure in your own reasoning?
Seriously? I thought it was a pretty obvious conclusion so I left the statement open ended with a question mark to be corrected as necessary.
Parama wrote:God I wish I was a dayvig
Or you wish you had any town aligned role right now?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 6:39 pm

Post by xvart »

UncertainKitten wrote:@xvart: Nice. There are so many reasons that's a terrible post, at least regarding DGB and Ellibereth. Are you even TRYING to find scum? I shall await their response to the accusation though.
How is it a terrible post with regards to DGB and Ellibeth? Especially since you are awaiting a response. You must find something in there intriguing or noteworthy. Care to clarify your stance?
Parama wrote:
xvart wrote:

xvart.
Seriously? I thought it was a pretty obvious conclusion so I left the statement open ended with a question mark to be corrected as necessary.
Parama wrote:God I wish I was a dayvig
Or you wish you had any town aligned role right now?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 6:47 pm

Post by zoraster »

Day 1 Vote Count

charter ( 1 ) Zorblag
Cobalt ( 0 )
d3x ( 0 )
Debonair Danny DiPietro ( 0 )
DrippingGoofball ( 0 )
Ellibereth ( 0 )
farside22 ( 0 )
fishythefish ( 0 )
Gammagooey ( 1 ) Jack
imaginality ( 0 )
Jack ( 3 ) ojanen Nicodemus Gammagooey
Jazzmyn ( 0 )
LLamaFluff ( 0 )
Nicodemus ( 0 )
ojanen ( 0 )
Parama ( 5 ) xvart farside22 imaginality fishythefish VP Baltar
phate ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 0 )
Shotty to the Body ( 0 )
UncertainKitten ( 0 )
VP Baltar ( 2 ) Parama UncertainKitten
xvart ( 2 ) Ellibereth LLamaFluff
Zorblag ( 1 ) Cobalt
Not Voting ( 9 ) charter d3x Debonair Danny DiPietro DrippingGoofball Jazzmyn phate popsofctown RedCoyote Shotty to the Body
Total Votes ( 24 )

Deadline: May 18th at 11:00 EDT
With 24 able to vote, 13 needed to lynch.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 6:48 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Jack, I can only think of one explanation where it would be bad for the town for you to say your reasoning behind saying why you think a cult would be non-hostile and I don't see that as the reasoning behind your actions.

Much more likely is that you're either a hostile or non-hostile cult, both of which would by definition have a non-town win condition, even if they don't prevent the town from winning (because otherwise they would have the
town
win condition, not an "Other" one).
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 6:59 pm

Post by zoraster »

Day 1 Vote Count

charter ( 1 ) Zorblag
Cobalt ( 0 )
d3x ( 0 )
Debonair Danny DiPietro ( 0 )
DrippingGoofball ( 0 )
Ellibereth ( 0 )
farside22 ( 0 )
fishythefish ( 0 )
Gammagooey ( 1 ) Jack
imaginality ( 0 )
Jack ( 3 ) ojanen Nicodemus Gammagooey
Jazzmyn ( 0 )
LLamaFluff ( 0 )
Nicodemus ( 0 )
ojanen ( 0 )
Parama ( 5 ) xvart farside22 imaginality fishythefish VP Baltar
phate ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 0 )
Shotty to the Body ( 0 )
UncertainKitten ( 0 )
VP Baltar ( 2 ) Parama UncertainKitten
xvart ( 2 ) Ellibereth LLamaFluff
Zorblag ( 1 ) Cobalt
Not Voting ( 9 ) charter d3x Debonair Danny DiPietro DrippingGoofball Jazzmyn phate popsofctown RedCoyote Shotty to the Body
Total Votes ( 24 )

Deadline: May 18th at 11:00 EDT
With 24 able to vote, 13 needed to lynch.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 7:00 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Jack, I can only think of one explanation where it would be bad for the town for you to say your reasoning behind saying why you think a cult would be non-hostile and I don't see that as the reasoning behind your actions.

Much more likely is that you're either a hostile or non-hostile cult, both of which would by definition have a non-town win condition, even if they don't prevent the town from winning (because otherwise they would have the
town
win condition, not an "Other" one).
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 7:57 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Ojanen 6 wrote:So, which alignment do you guys personally prefer and why did you choose town?
I prefer mafia, but I chose town because I figured too many people would choose mafia.

---
Parama 18 wrote:Wondering where you got the idea that a cult is "non-hostile" considering that a cult that doesn't prevent town from winning might as well be a mason group with a recruiter.
I think I agree with this. Why would one assume "non-hostile"? I mean, there's something to be said for the idea that no one would let a slip like that go by, but still, I'm now much, much more curious what Jack will flip.

---
farside 45 wrote:Hey all. I'm going to
vote DGB
because abr says she likes to be scum.
Hey all. I'm going to
##vote: farside22
for not reading the rules and not reading the posts prior to hers (otherwise maybe she would be curious about the pound signs).
farside 62 wrote:scum:

Parama - wants to assure people of his meta and his vote and reasoning look like the biggest load
I don't buy it. Jack brought it upon himself, and I think Parama was good to call him out.

---
Parama 64 wrote:Welcome to RVS!
What RVS?

---
Parama 5 wrote:Anyone who understands how I play knows my alignment.
Parama 77 wrote:I didn't bring up my own meta.
That's not Meta?
Parama 85 wrote:Meta is the playing style - how I scumhunt.
Personality is how my posts sound when spoken aloud.
I don't think I like this. I, for one, liked your opening posts. I don't care for all of this though, you know, all of this noise. You sound like you're kind of getting paranoid. I don't even get why you're making this argument other than to split hairs. This is over-the-top defensive. I don't like your spat with VP, and I think it's all just noise. I can't stand it when players think they have to make a bunch of noise.

---
UK 114 wrote:Sorry, this is slightly wally. I'll provide links for my @'s where necessary if requested.
I'll tell you right now that I'm not going to play the one sentence post game with Jack, Parama, VP, and xvart. I just don't have that kind of devotion. I propose we lynch them all, what do you say?

Do Lynch: farside, Jack, VP, xvart, Parama, Cobalt, and every non-poster can be thrown in here until they decide to join us (half of them are scum anyways)
Don't Lynch: Zorblag, DGB, Fishy, imaginality, Ojanen, UK
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 9:19 pm

Post by Ojanen »

Parama, I'd rather not have to pull every answer to me out of you. Please answer:
Ojanen wrote:LOL!
You are describing town's objective in mafia.
Why is it harmful to answer my question?!? Why was asking it scummy?
RedCoyote:
What did you like about Parama's opening reasoning on me?
Looks to me you are confusing what farside was referencing with Parama's case, his vote wasn't on Jack.
Red wrote:I prefer mafia, but I chose town because I figured too many people would choose mafia.

Elaborate on this. Where you thinking altruistically of game balance or what? Why not choose other?
xvart wrote:
Ellibereth wrote:And Para is probably Town too.
And why is that? The rapid backpedaling? The meta vs no-meta arguments?
Ellibereth wrote:DGB from one the QT of ours ->
I have to agree... another SlySly... watch out if he seems townie!
^^^About reading Para.
I think he's town.
Wait... what? Did I miss something? You have a QT? When did town aligned peeps get QTs??
FoS: Ellibereth
FoS: DGB
This reads like fake indignation. Even the biggest VIs just aren't completely self-unaware and
their mafia qts accidentally. A question is understandable but the FoSses based on this seem off.
Why did you choose town, xvart?

##unvote
##vote: xvart
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 9:37 pm

Post by Ojanen »

Btw, I have town on Elli, Zorblag, VP, Llama, mayyybe DGB.

Also, calling Troll "Zorb" sounds like some kind of a violation.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 11:53 pm

Post by Phate »

##Vote: VP Baltar

I firmly believe that the vast majority of accusations of 'flailing' come from scum. It's like 'overdefensive'.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 12:44 am

Post by imaginality »

On Parama: Based on posts in this game I still like my vote in him. But LlamaFluff says Parama is playing as he's seen him play before as town and Ellibereth implies much the same. Are there any completed Parama-scum games to compare against?

Watching UK vs VP with interest. UK's iso1 seems a bit of an overreaction but I think she's smarter than to OMGUS on someone this early in a game. Prob town v town.

Fishythefish made a point about Jack in iso5 that I don't think Jack answered yet. (How did Jack interpret Nicodemus's iso1 as sounding "like he was worried about being too defensive"?) I see Jack's play so far as scummy, but my recent experience of Jack tells me he seems scummy to me as town too. In particular I see the cult comment as a null tell.

(As a sidenote, it would be kinda bastardly to put a cult into a game where players have chosen the alignment they want... but we have been warned there might be bastard-modding, so *shrugs*.)

I'd like to see Debonair Danny DiPietro start to comment on the play so far in his next post, rather than second-guessing alignment picks. There might be value in that, but commenting
solely
on that isn't a good start. Early stages though, will wait to see how he plays over the next few days.

RC's vote on farside is kinda weak.

@RC: You give a 'do lynch/don't lynch' list after saying "I'll tell you right now that I'm not going to play the one sentence post game with Jack, Parama, VP, and xvart. I just don't have that kind of devotion. I propose we lynch them all, what do you say?" To clarify, is that list a semi-tongue-in-cheek "lynch these people cos I don't like their posting style" list, or an actual list of scum v town reads?

I like Image's opening posts. Ojanen looks good too. Okay with Gamma's opening posts as well; Jack's vote on him seems OMGUS.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 12:57 am

Post by Parama »

Zorblag wrote:Parama looks like he's going to be pretty distracting unless he settles down a bit. I mostly read his play thus far as clumsy rather than scummy but I don't have any experience with him so I might have to go look at some of his other play.
I'm scumhunting and I do it differently than everyone else here. I've already found 2 scum and a third's close.
Zorblag wrote:Parama's scum numbers are ridiculously specific but everyone should be keeping how powerful their role mind when looking for scum. If others seem to be working with the assumption that there are lots more/less scum than you are it's a pretty decent flag that their alignment might not match yours (keeping in mind that there should be some variation of power inside the town.)
Yeah it was totally not serious in case you missed it.
Though I would raise the "Other" count to 5 in retrospect.
UncertainKitten wrote: @Parama: Really? Why would you give up like that? Seriously?
Who gave up? Me? No, I just said that to see what VP would respond at the same time I was typing up my case against him (which everyone has ignored)
UncertainKitten wrote: @Para: seriously? Are you just going to OMGUS everyone on your wagon?
VP isn't OMGUS considering I wanted a VP lynch since before there was really a wagon on me and before he voted me. Xvart gets a FoS for being scummy and farside gets one for the lame reasoning + timing of her vote.
UncertainKitten wrote: @Parama: Wow, that was terrible, you totally just made xvart's argument almost work.
No clue what you mean by this <.<
UncertainKitten wrote: Para has VI juice pouring out of his eyes, with a couple scummy traits, hence my FoS. quote]
Never call me a VI again. I'm making more sense right now than most everybody here.

Llama, I usually don't follow wagons unless I have no good scum reads to jump on.
Right now I have 3 of those. Seems like I won't be following wagons for a while.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 1:05 am

Post by imaginality »

Parama wrote:Llama, I usually don't follow wagons unless I have no good scum reads to jump on.
Does that apply near deadline too?

In this game, with two-week days and lots of players, a certain amount of compromise is probably going to be necessary on early days to concentrate our vote-pressure effectively.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 2:22 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Cobalt wrote:
##vote: zorblag
Troll is scum. Mega IIoA wikitell at work.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 2:33 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

TOWN

DrippingGoofball
Ellibereth
VP Baltar
UKitten
Nicodemus
Parama

CULT LEADER

Jack

NEUTRAL

DannyD
FishyFish

LEANING SCUM

LlamaFluff
xvart
At first I thought Ojanen was scum, but now reading back I misundertood his post.

SCUM

Zorblag

================

Zorblag's post feels like a purposely delayed scum entry into the game. I've seen delayed scum entries in others and I've been guilty of the same myself. The goal is to allow suspicions between townies to develop
in absentia

The tone is artificial, unctuous, with a hint of simulated cheerfulness one normally associates with trolls trying to approach you to better stab you in the leg. If that wasn't enough, it's 75% IIoA.

Mmm, I have to pick between voting the cult leader or a scumbag. I'm going to go for the scumbag because the cult leader is such an obvious vig call.

## vote: Zorblag
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 3:19 am

Post by Ojanen »

Sorry to be repetitive but PARAMA:
Ojanen wrote:Parama, I'd rather not have to pull every answer to me out of you. Please answer:
Ojanen wrote:LOL!
You are describing town's objective in mafia.
Why is it harmful to answer my question?!? Why was asking it scummy?
I like your recent posting a lot better even though I disagree on your main suspect. I still want to see your thought process though.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 3:48 am

Post by farside22 »

Parama wrote:
xvart wrote:

xvart.
FoS: xvart

Also I forgot to do this earlier
FoS: farside
for timing on jumping on my wagon

God I wish I was a dayvig
That's hysterical considering I was the first to vote for you. :roll:
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 3:58 am

Post by Parama »

imaginality wrote:
Parama wrote:Llama, I usually don't follow wagons unless I have no good scum reads to jump on.
Does that apply near deadline too?
In fact, it does! I just don't feel like being on wagons that are obviously wagons on townies.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 3:58 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

##vote: Nicodemus

I think the Jack thing was/is a distraction from hunting scum and I'm suspicious of those who voted him bceause it seems like an easy vote for scum. I think even if Jack is a cult leader that DGB is right that Jack is an obvious target for any manner of PRs and hopefully a vig. Since Oj and Gama have actually contributed they're lower priorities leaving Nicodemus as the one who showed up, dropped a bad vote and scurried off.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 4:01 am

Post by Parama »

xvart wrote:
##Vote: Parama
Jack wrote:
##unvote
##vote:parama
farside22 wrote:
## unvote
Tempted to LaL @ farside
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 4:20 am

Post by Ojanen »

*dances naked while playing la Marseillaise on trumpet in front of Parama*
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 4:29 am

Post by charter »

VP Baltar wrote:F U MS!

@UK - Sure, but aren't you more likely to draw vanilla than a PR as town?

As far as the role PM thing, if that's true then I forgot. I thought we picked our sides without seeing it, but I admit to not looking at the PM that closely.
lol

##Vote Balter

He's now arguing that UK wouldn't pick town because the chance of being vanilla is more likely than a PR, which is a ridiculous claim to make. Despite it all being random anyway, I specifically remember reading that if a lot of people pick scum or 3rd party in this game, that the town would be made up of good power roles.

I'm about 90% sure Balter is scum. In addition, he falls face first on the easy wagon tell voting for Parama.
Parama's contradiction in like his first three posts is suspect. Not sure if he's town or scum yet.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 4:41 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Just got my role etc, I have finals still so I'm
v/la
till tomorrow at the earliest sorry guys.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 4:47 am

Post by VP Baltar »

charter wrote:I specifically remember reading that if a lot of people pick scum or 3rd party in this game, that the town would be made up of good power roles.
And how are you arriving at the conclusion that a lot of people would pick scum? Generally speaking, I think the odds of that happening were almost zilch since most people are wimps when it comes to playing scum.

Also, how is it all random? Picking your alignment isn't random at all. Building roles based how many of each alignment there are isn't random either.

I'm quite amused at the people who are voting me while also implying suspicion of Parama.

@UK - One thing I forgot to mention last night is that I'd really like you to explain the contradiction I pointed out in your saying I'm willing to go for any wagon (which I wasn't) and then fosing/voting on all the main wagons. How does that really add up in your head?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 4:48 am

Post by farside22 »

Parama wrote:
xvart wrote:
Jack wrote:
##unvote
##vote:parama
farside22 wrote:
## unvote
Tempted to LaL @ farside
I didn't take xvart as serious. jack I missed his vote and mine had reasoning.
Why does my vote come of the scummiest to you? Or oportunist? Or whatever word you wish to use

RC: I was busy this weekend and I like RVS. I voted to vote and nomrally I don't see condition to voting using a # sign so I just go off what I normally do. How is that scummy?
par wrote:It's more my personality than anything - has nothing to do with my meta - the meta that I don't think exists.
What is the difference?

Add putting words in someone's mouth here to make a case more then it is.

what? We are supposed to know how you speak online? Then you say he has no backing I call that hypocrisy based on your "personality" comment right about now. Do I know you? No.

what town pm tells you this?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”