Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 8:50 am

Post by Zang »

Nobody Special wrote:
TheSkeward wrote:
Nobody Special
Doesn't like Darox's nameclaim.
"Very skeptical of Josh". No given reason. At this point Josh is obv the D1 lynch.
Says SpryeX is "less jovial, less outspoken" than usual.
Is way, way too ready to lynch Josh, for "purposely misinterpreting things" - his example is the slippery slope debate. Concludes with "Please, get lynched. Vote: Josh. Still on Page 7. Still reading. Still happy with a Josh lynch."
When SpryeX (not harshly at all, complete with a wink smiley face) responds to his comments, he says "Just observing, sheesh. Don't get your panties in a bunch. Have NONE of you on this whole fucking board EVER heard of '"hyperbole?'"
D2, he votes a lurker. Laughably, he also says "I also have some suspicions about Darox (admitted active lurking, distancing from Josh)"
When Darox pressures CMAR, he says to CMAR, "So, what you're
really
saying is that your target ceased to be a target, and, for whatever reason, you declined to even look for another target. Gotcha."

In essence: he seems to think everyone is scum. As soon as anyone is under any kind of pressure at all, he jumps onto them as though he's always been there. Furthermore, whenever he perceives any kind of pressure on himself (above, in the response to Darox, and also in the back-and-forths with CMAR), he responds with venomous ad-hom.

I'm definitely happy with a CMAR lynch. I'm fairly sure one is scum, and it's possible both are scum, and I don't see the other contributing positively to the game anyway. But I think NS is more likely to be scum, and CMAR's more likely to be just stupid.
You call this a
case?

I don't think everyone is scum. Far from it.

I have made cases on each person I've voted for; I'm very sorry if those cases aren't meeting your standards.

I do agree, though, that CMAR is just being VI.
I agree, this isn't really a case on him, more like an observation of what you did during the game but only minimally showing how that is scummy.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 9:02 am

Post by Darox »

SpyreX wrote:
"NO U

Also, I agree this person that I am voting is town just being stupid."

If you think that's a town post, I am in favor of lynching everyone you think is town.
Are you saying that I agree CMAR is town? Because that's sure not the case - I said he's wrong about that.

Are you saying he's voting CMAR? Because that also isn't the case.
You managed to misinterpret this and then interpret it properly and complain about it from both sides. Why?
SpyreX wrote:
Because they think they can get away with dismissing the case by ignoring it rather than doing a really overblown and obvious scummove..
?

He voted before this whole push that way.
His unvote was because CMAR promised content (which hasn't been delivered).

That isn't some kinda "TRAP SPRUNG" move back regardless of alignment.

And, when pressure is on as scum - saying the other suspect is town?
So basically you're saying NS is town because when given the decision to setting himself on fire or do nothing, he chose to do nothing?
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 9:15 am

Post by Darox »

SpyreX wrote:
"NO U

Also, I agree this person that I am voting is town just being stupid."

If you think that's a town post, I am in favor of lynching everyone you think is town.
Are you saying that I agree CMAR is town? Because that's sure not the case - I said he's wrong about that.

Are you saying he's voting CMAR? Because that also isn't the case.
You managed to misinterpret this and then interpret it properly and complain about it from both sides. Why?
SpyreX wrote:
Because they think they can get away with dismissing the case by ignoring it rather than doing a really overblown and obvious scummove..
?

He voted before this whole push that way.

That isn't some kinda "TRAP SPRUNG" move back regardless of alignment.

And, when pressure is on as scum - saying the other suspect is town?
So basically you're saying NS is town because when given the decision to setting himself on fire or do nothing, he chose to do nothing?
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 9:23 am

Post by Darox »

Ok so apparently my posting is screwed right now.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 9:49 am

Post by SpyreX »

Darox wrote:You managed to misinterpret this and then interpret it properly and complain about it from both sides. Why?
Ohh hay sweet I didn't realize you were Skeward.

So, which wrong statement is it? Since both of those statements are wrong afterall.

And I never addressed EITHER of those statements: I addressed the final one where he is insinuating that is an absolutely scum post by asking why scum would do that.
Yes, thats what I'm saying.

Except, ya know, for the whole fact that choosing to vote there isn't a setting himself on fire move to begin with and the alternative (not only NOT voting but additionally declaring the only other wag to be town) is not quite 'doing nothing' but if scum is actively closing escape routes.

Yea.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 9:49 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

MagnaofIllusion has been prodded.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 10:22 am

Post by Darox »

How is it an escape route if it's such an obvious scum move?

Also it's pretty obvious that everything in the quotations is a parody of NS's post. And the not voting doesn't make it wrong because NS only unvoted because he was parroting me and giving CMAR space for his analysis and his last posted stance on CMAR prior to this was "Yes, CMAR, I suspect you are total scum. Hence, my vote. "

Also Zang, did you actually read through NS's posts or did you just look at Skewards post and say "hur he hasn't filled in all the blanks for me"?
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 10:27 am

Post by Nobody Special »

SpyreX wrote:Are you saying that I agree CMAR is town? Because that's sure not the case - I said he's wrong about that.
See, I thought you were saying CMAR wasn't a VI. :oops:

Also, Darox, I don't "parrot." Not you, not anyone.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 10:34 am

Post by SpyreX »

If you're scum and getting caught and have expressed constant disdain (but, at this moment in time are unvoting to see if they actually deliver what they've promised) and they clamor on you moving your vote BACK to where it is declaring the only other avenue of votes as town isn't a good way to stay alive versus going "well, they've delivered no content, vote"

I'm still baffled at this whole discussion from a root level. CMAR hasn't DONE anything and that wall of text still is: lurker, voted for me, voted for me, voted for me.

And then all of a sudden everyone went welp and now nothingness.
Show

Proud member of BaM
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 10:43 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

SpyreX wrote:He voted before this whole push that way.
Are you fucking serious? Everyone seems to have missed my case on NobodySpecial and everyone is referring to Skeward's when mine goes way more in depth. I seriously had to double check that my case/analysis even went through the way everyone is ignoring mine.

I do love the fact that SpyreX today has done the following:
Tunneled me
Referred to dead scum Josh multiple times
Buddied NobodySpecial
He seems to be arguing for NobodySpecial and they are walking circles around each other and confusing the hell out of me.

I still love this though:
NobodySpecial ISO18 wrote:Yes, CMAR, I suspect you are total scum. Hence, my vote.
Then completely ignores my case on him and refers to Skeward's case
Nobody Special ISO20 wrote:I do agree, though, that CMAR is just being VI.
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 10:50 am

Post by SpyreX »

And, look at that. Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice.
Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:36 pm Post subject: 60
Posted: Mon May 03, 2010
4:43 pm
Post subject: 61
4:34 pm
Post subject: 508
Good LORD I don't even know what else to say.
Show

Proud member of BaM
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 10:57 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

SpyreX wrote:And, look at that. Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice.
Wow, you are retarded. Look at my other games moron, I've been absent with minimal posting. I had an essay, a presentation, and the day I tried to get on (two days ago?), the site wouldn't load.
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

pee on you" - Chesskid

CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 10:58 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

CryMeARiver wrote:
SpyreX wrote:And, look at that. Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice.
Wow, you are retarded. Look at my other games moron, I've been absent with minimal posting. I had an essay, a presentation, and the day I tried to get on (two days ago?), the site wouldn't load.
Not to mention, I never saw your 4:34 post when I posted my 4:43 post. It wasn't even a response to that...
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 11:04 am

Post by Darox »

SpyreX wrote:If you're scum and getting caught and have expressed constant disdain (but, at this moment in time are unvoting to see if they actually deliver what they've promised) and they clamor on you moving your vote BACK to where it is declaring the only other avenue of votes as town isn't a good way to stay alive versus going "well, they've delivered no content, vote"

I'm still baffled at this whole discussion from a root level. CMAR hasn't DONE anything and that wall of text still is: lurker, voted for me, voted for me, voted for me.

And then all of a sudden everyone went welp and now nothingness.
This isn't a dichotomy.

Also CMAR, your case doesn't really have weight because it doesn't show any behaviour with obvious scum motivation and it doesn't explain why said behaviour is suspicious.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 11:11 am

Post by SpyreX »

MY FEELINGS

---
This isn't a dichotomy.
In the short term hell yes the lynch choice is a dichotomy (or greater than but as it sits this is what we're looking at).

Moreso, what with the fairly high chance of becoming the dead soon its a damn strong one that I'm not going to buckle on - especially with this exceptional play and rebuttals I'm seeing.
Show

Proud member of BaM
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 4:30 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Zang wrote: Well, easjo hasn't posted anything this day except a V/la notice which is expired (as you can tell by the prod). But now that I look back at the skeward I don't really see him as scum. So I'll vote for easjo,
Now that easjo is being replaced you have removed your vote. Do you have any suspicions at this point or are you just content to hang out?
TheSkeward wrote:Hey cruelty. CMAR lynch isn't happening today. NS is where it's at. Switch?
Do you honestly believe that your case is so overwhelming that people should just blindly follow? Posts like this tend to work for players with a strong personality and established rep. Neither of which I think you have.
Darox wrote:Also CMAR, your case doesn't really have weight because it doesn't show any behaviour with obvious scum motivation and it doesn't explain why said behaviour is suspicious.
But CMAR didn’t ask why his case was ineffective. He asked why people keep repeating he hasn’t provided the content he said he would. Because he did. It’s not great content at all but it was content.

I’ll have to take some time to review NS ... his dismissal of the case outright without bothering to address the individual points doesn’t sit well with me.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 7:41 pm

Post by ElectricBadger »

VasudeVa replaces Easjo682 - Thank you Vas!
TheSkeward
TheSkeward
Goon
TheSkeward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 9:15 pm

Post by TheSkeward »

Spry: I'd thought NS was voting CMAR. I was wrong, but I still think NS is scum.

Magna: Yeah, I'm used to posting as my other account, which has a strong personality and an established rep. You'll just have to deal with it.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 11:29 pm

Post by cruelty »

TheSkeward wrote:d to posting as my other account, which has a strong personality and an established rep.
yawn.

incidentally to belatedly answer your question, i don't really want to vote ns today. i want a cmar lynch, i'll only move my vote to ns to ensure a lynch, and it will be done very grudgingly.
the nexus of the crisis
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 5:57 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Hey. I'm the new guy. Be reading sometime this week, not today though. Anything of interest that need to be pointed out, feel free to do so.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 7:00 am

Post by Darox »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
TheSkeward wrote:Hey cruelty. CMAR lynch isn't happening today. NS is where it's at. Switch?
Do you honestly believe that your case is so overwhelming that people should just blindly follow? Posts like this tend to work for players with a strong personality and established rep. Neither of which I think you have.
Actually, provided he is making sense and giving reasons (He is) I don't think it matters a damn who he is or his reputation.

In other news, hopefully VV will have time to get fully up to date, but if not, a deadline extension would be appreciated.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 7:11 am

Post by SpyreX »

Maybe the new blood will interject some life. That'd be nice.

I'm now fairly confident that Darox and TheSkeward aren't scum together though - that whole "SpyreX, this is obviously what he meant." and then TS coming in and saying he was wrong sure doesn't click for a scum team.

TS: Thoughts on Darox answering for you?
Show

Proud member of BaM
TheSkeward
TheSkeward
Goon
TheSkeward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by TheSkeward »

SpyreX wrote:Maybe the new blood will interject some life. That'd be nice.

I'm now fairly confident that Darox and TheSkeward aren't scum together though - that whole "SpyreX, this is obviously what he meant." and then TS coming in and saying he was wrong sure doesn't click for a scum team.

TS: Thoughts on Darox answering for you?
I appreciate his support and I'm glad we appear to be thinking along the same wavelengths (I've gotten that feeling since the game began). At the same time, I'm unsure of his alignment and don't trust him more than anyone else (besides those I think are scum, namely CMAR and NS).

Unvote; Vote: CryMeARiver

Yeah, yeah, flipflopping, votehopping, wagonstopping. The reasons for this are twofold.

1) Nobody Special actually wasn't voting CMAR. Part of the reason I find NS scum is his opportunism, but discovering that it goes as far as comments and not as far as votes makes him less scummy.

2) CMAR and I had an exchange after I convinced Darox to switch over, where he went from hostile to buddyish, as I made a couple of jokes (posted his avatar, and commented that he was missing my animal magnetism). Since then, he's stopped attacking me. Although I won't claim that judging his reaction was all part of my master plan, the way he changed behavior so quickly definitely rang my bells. It could be town gratitude, but I'm not convinced.

Neither of these on their own would get me to switch back, but both together will. Note that I'm still fine with a NS lynch.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 12:45 am

Post by ooba »

Welcome Vas!

Catching up ..
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 6:10 am

Post by Darox »

TheSkeward wrote:1) Nobody Special actually wasn't voting CMAR. Part of the reason I find NS scum is his opportunism, but discovering that it goes as far as comments and not as far as votes makes him less scummy.
?
Nobody Special #425 wrote:
unvote

Vote: CMAR
Nobody Special #432 wrote:Yes, CMAR, I suspect you are total scum. Hence, my vote.
Nobody Special #448 wrote:
Darox wrote:
Unvote

Some things need to be addressed before anyone dies today.
Cry needs to stop stalling and post his touted ISO. He hasn't even said who it's on.

Cruelty needs to stop being scum.
CMAR has intimated that his ISO is on Slaine. I can't recall anything that contradicts that.
CryMeARiver wrote:
Darox wrote:Unvote

Some things need to be addressed before anyone dies today.
Cry needs to stop stalling and post his touted ISO. He hasn't even said who it's on.

Cruelty needs to stop being scum.
Thank ya kindly. ISO is almost done, have had a few things back here in reality to deal with.
You are either THE slowest mafia player in all of recorded history, or you're lying through your teeth.

I'm waiting, but this better be damned good. Also, ooba brought up some good points that I want to look into.

unvote
Nobody Special #491 wrote:
TheSkeward wrote:
Nobody Special
Doesn't like Darox's nameclaim.
"Very skeptical of Josh". No given reason. At this point Josh is obv the D1 lynch.
Says SpryeX is "less jovial, less outspoken" than usual.
Is way, way too ready to lynch Josh, for "purposely misinterpreting things" - his example is the slippery slope debate. Concludes with "Please, get lynched. Vote: Josh. Still on Page 7. Still reading. Still happy with a Josh lynch."
When SpryeX (not harshly at all, complete with a wink smiley face) responds to his comments, he says "Just observing, sheesh. Don't get your panties in a bunch. Have NONE of you on this whole fucking board EVER heard of '"hyperbole?'"
D2, he votes a lurker. Laughably, he also says "I also have some suspicions about Darox (admitted active lurking, distancing from Josh)"
When Darox pressures CMAR, he says to CMAR, "So, what you're
really
saying is that your target ceased to be a target, and, for whatever reason, you declined to even look for another target. Gotcha."

In essence: he seems to think everyone is scum. As soon as anyone is under any kind of pressure at all, he jumps onto them as though he's always been there. Furthermore, whenever he perceives any kind of pressure on himself (above, in the response to Darox, and also in the back-and-forths with CMAR), he responds with venomous ad-hom.

I'm definitely happy with a CMAR lynch. I'm fairly sure one is scum, and it's possible both are scum, and I don't see the other contributing positively to the game anyway. But I think NS is more likely to be scum, and CMAR's more likely to be just stupid.
You call this a
case?

I don't think everyone is scum. Far from it.

I have made cases on each person I've voted for; I'm very sorry if those cases aren't meeting your standards.

I do agree, though, that CMAR is just being VI.
He did vote CMAR though.

This is why I said although you were technically wrong about NS voting CMAR when he called Cry a VI, you were still in a sense correct because of the way in which he unvoted and his "Total Scum" post.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”