Newbie 937 ~ Mafia Lite [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
razorback
razorback
Goon
razorback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:49 am

Post by razorback »

you know i wonder now leafsnail if you aren't working with redstar to rid yourself suspicions. best too get the easy out if you are on the scum team. i ask now because you two are hyper focused on me for some odd reason.
Nathan Hale

I only regret that I have but one life to give for my country
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:20 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Anti-Prod post. Sorry everyone, my internet took a shit on me over the weekend and I couldn't get it fixed. I'll get some comments posted by this afternoon. In the meantime, if there are any specific posts/questions that people want to direct me to, let me know and I'll get to asap.
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
kelikar
kelikar
Townie
kelikar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:33 am

Post by kelikar »

Hey guys, I'm back. Thanks for waiting!
razorback wrote:
Red Star wrote:If you can't find time to prove your point, then your argument is invalid
because you haven't got an argument!

You've also avoided several points. For instance:
Exilion wrote:Tell us what games have you checked and what made you see that. Show us, to help us see what you see.
skerterg wrote:If you are so sure, or if you have this great case, it does not help the town one bit if you do not express it clearly.
Red Star wrote:What is this 'meta' you speak of? If it's one of a kind, how do you know it's scum? Why should town believe that you've discovered some deep, mystical posting pattern when you fail to present your findings and you're incapable of stringing a coherent sentance together?
Red Star wrote: I'd like an explanation of:
a) What the hell we're meant to be looking at
b) What your argument is
c) This 'meta' that you keeping talking about.

Instead of just stringing a bunch of seperate quotes together, could you actually make a coherent argument and explain why you think I'm scum, instead of trying to accuse me without any case?

Answer these points that you've been avoiding.

well the ponit your lloking at is you have been making stupid useless jokes.
and you have been twisting evryones words around incluseing my own.
and that in the mist of everything you mange to tuyn people eyes's form you to me at all time . i have been watching learning your meta. and all you scum tricks you could hide from a normal townie but not from me i'm looking for not only slips but for scum that hate the lime light like you do. and you aslo seem to like to be lazy and dissappper for pages at a time i have on at least four pages.

so now things seem to be back in court but not only are you scum but a lurker as well and i like to give chase to lurkers.
Look familiar?
kelikar wrote:
Red Star wrote:
razorback wrote:You know, I think if ahoda isn't helping and won't replace out then we should deal with the problem. Unhelpful townies that refuse to ask for a replacement need to be handled as we would in any other game. Yes, I know it sounds scummy but anti-town players always lead to mafia wins and I would rather not have that again.
Sorry, just fixed spelling so that it's actually readable.
Ok, the last sentance really strikes me as suspicious, as he's acknowledging that the previous part seems scummy. He seems to be saying, "Ok, he's not replacing, we should just not vote for him and ignore him". This seems casting ahoda as an off-limits target.
If you read what razor said there, you can see that it wasn't anything like what RS interprets it as.
The last sentence from razor is implying that saying that ahoda needed to be dealt with today seems scummy, but quitters always lead to the mafia winning, and I don't want that.

RS interprets it as him NOT wanting ahoda lynched, which is obviously wrong.

I hope you guys see what I'm seeing.
viewtopic.php?p=2230606#2230606 Pst. 193 to see the whole post. It makes a little more sense.

From what I've seen, ever sense I brought up how RedStar twisted some words once, razorback has been all over it and based his whole "case" off of it, even taking it to the point where he quoted almost all of RedStar's posts and said he was word twisting. After mask man gives his two cents, I think we're ready to hammer.
Red Star wrote:Crap, I can't take it anymore! Even if he is town, I don't care at all, his posts make no sense whatsoever, and if he survived he would be a huge pain in the side to the town. His last two posts are incomprehensable, so imagine having him in lylo. In all honesty, I don't particularly care about his alignment anymore, I just want him to shut up.
Vote: razorback
Just wanting someone to shut up is not a good reason to vote. This seems kinda like, "God, I'm tired of this guy tunneling me. Can we lynch him now so I don't have all this attention?" You're reaction is not really that great. From my experience, scum have shorter fuses than those who play on the town side. I think its reason to be suspicious.
skerterg wrote:
Leafsnail wrote:The thing is, I don't realy see a razorback/ Red Star scumteam... if razorback does flip town, Red Star is the next one to look at.
I agree with this. I don't think they can be scum buddies. In fact, if we were to change votes to Red Star now, I would be okay with following along and voting for him, even if he is my second choice. I heavily suspect that razorback is just a clueless townie and Red Star (and possibly others) is taking advantage of this. Like I said before, it's easy to attack someone who cannot defend himself well. Much as how I believed Kranix was not lurking, just being inactive, so do I believe that razorback is not scum, just playing as a townie very poorly and helping scum by doing so (basically by allowing them to gain a turn as people lynch him).
You would hop on a bandwagon for your second FoS instead of making a case against your top FoS? I don't really like how that sounds. Also, I don't think that razorback needs to be town for us to look at RedStar. In fact, if razor is scum, we absolutely NEED to look at RedStar, because this could be a huge case of bussing. And it's plausible because neither of them have replaced out and could have had time to discuss it before hand. It may not be probable, but it's worth taking a look at.

Also, pops, your posting seems kind of eerie to me. Most of the time, I get some kind of tone when reading someone's posts. Your posts are monotone to me. I also don't see a lot of analysis in your posts, which also bothers me.

I think I addressed all the stuff I wanted to. If you want my opinions on something I didn't address, just tell me and I'll do my best.
razorback
razorback
Goon
razorback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:32 pm

Post by razorback »

now someone starts listening when i'm about to get lynched but i'm not mafia. i a townine bent on killing a mafia member all of you are about to let go. i want nail redstar before he can get awy from me or before i get lynched.
Nathan Hale

skerterg
skerterg
Townie
skerterg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:38 pm

Post by skerterg »

Glad to see you back, kelikar!

The only reason I would vote for my second FoS is because my first has no chance at this point of being lynched. The deadline is almost here and I do not want to waste a vote on razorback; I'd rather vote for Red Star instead, who is really the only possible person who will be lynched besides razor. Also, I already posted a long argument before on why I think horrordude0215 is my top suspect. I don't feel I need to repeat it, since nothing has changed my opinion.

Kelikar, what is your response to my suspicion that you have targeted the ones most incapable of defending themselves? Kranix was totally missing in action and did not even lurk, and razorback cannot put together a rational case at all. Doesn't it seem convenient for someone to do that?

I still don't think that Red Star and razorback can be scum buddies. Their posts would be wonderfully acted out if they are. I mean, if razorback were that good, then he could avoid lynch for the first day, right? Much more plausible to me is if Red Star were mafia and razorback townie, and Red Star just wanted to get razorback lynched. There is also the case of Red Star being townie and razorback being mafia, in which case I would contend that Red Star did not like a townie should, having voted based on being annoyed rather than on more reasonable grounds. Heck, there is still the chance that both are townie and that all this dispute is wasted effort.

*sigh*...it looks like we'll have to get another replacement for mask man, who replaced Kranix. The net amount of posts for them totals to an astounding...four. And that's being generous; the two posts by Kranix were just fluff and one post by mask man too. Really, only one post that actually had any kind of substance in it.../end whining
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count XVI:

[4] razorback - (Leafsnail, kelikar, horrordude0215, Red Star)

[2] Red Star - (popsofctown, razorback)
[1] horrordude0215 - (skerterg)
[0] ahoda - ()
[0] Exilon - ()
[0] keikar - ()
[0] Kranix - ()
[0] skerterg - ()
[0] popsofctown - ()
[0] Leafnsail - ()

[2]
Not voting
- (Exilon, mask man)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Prods & Replacements

Searching for mask_man replacement. May end up coming during the night phase, depending on how quickly I can get one.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:52 pm

Post by popsofctown »

v/la ish exams

Red star is my final vote anyway, i like it.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Red Star
Red Star
Goon
Red Star
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:26 pm

Post by Red Star »

One thing which I find rather strange, the three other people who are voting on razorback have ample time to unvote and revote me, especially considering that they consider me to be a higher chance of being scum. Why is this?
I am watching you
├é┬á ▲
▲ ▲
Red Star
Red Star
Goon
Red Star
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:27 pm

Post by Red Star »

Blah, after checking the phrasing I realised how impossible to understand that was
EBWOP:
Why do the people who are voting razorback still have their vote on him despite them saying that I have a higher chance of being scum?
I am watching you
├é┬á ▲
▲ ▲
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:20 pm

Post by Excedrin »

Hi, I'm replacing mask man who replaced Kranix.

Hi Leafsnail. I haven't read the entire thread yet, but I don't think that razorback is scum. His play reminds me of Adria's. Does anyone have a case for razorback lynch? Can you refer me to a specific post or summarize please, thanks in advance.

Pushing for razorback lynch makes me suspicious of Leafsnail, which is weird because I thought that ahoda was town.

Exilon seems slightly scummy. A few of his posts are scummy, but then there's a few apparently town things... hard to read, tentative scum. Post #111 strikes me as ugh scumcase. #138 blah hugeass walls of text that say nothing. WHO IS SCUM AND WHY? #169 wifomy and subtle defense of Red Star with zero questions designed to find scum and lots of "where do I stand?" concern over appearance. I'll summarize #204 "I know Razorback is town and don't want blame for his lynch" granted, this could be town. #249 is also scummy, asking for permission blah.

Anyway, it's obvious to me that Exilon isn't going to be lynched today. Leafsnail, are you voting razorback because of policy reasons or because you think he's highly likely scum? Second, are you willing to switch to Red Star?

Red Star's post #184 is pretty good.... Except far too many neutral reads. #235 is kinda adhom (but I agree) but, stupid doesn't imply scum. #237 is sooooo scummy.... I'm not sure if it's apparent why. Finally, he's simply pushing the easiest mislynch.

Vote: Red Star

I'll be around tomorrow but right now I've had too much beer and it's time to sleep, goodnight. P.S. lynch Red Star (clearly russian mafia) he needs 100% more death.
Red Star
Red Star
Goon
Red Star
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:05 pm

Post by Red Star »

Seeing as I might not get a chance to roleclaim in the next 12 hours, I'll do it now, what with the high likelyhood of me being lynched.
I am the doctor.
I am watching you
├é┬á ▲
▲ ▲
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:52 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Seeing as I might not get a chance to drop the hammer in the next 12 hours, I'll do it now, what with the high likelyhood of a nolynch now. I am willing to
unvote, vote razorback
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Red Star
Red Star
Goon
Red Star
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:09 pm

Post by Red Star »

:shock: Nice way to cut off discussion for the town, there. </sarcasm>
Anyway, I am going to be protecting kelikar tonight. I will post my justification tomorrow.
I am watching you
├é┬á ▲
▲ ▲
razorback
razorback
Goon
razorback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:45 am

Post by razorback »

Removed - breech of rule 2.9 ~KittyMo
Nathan Hale

Red Star
Red Star
Goon
Red Star
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:48 am

Post by Red Star »

^- I do not know who or what you are refering to, could you clarify? Besides, I think that we can't unvote now, because someone hammered.
I am watching you
├é┬á ▲
▲ ▲
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:21 am

Post by popsofctown »

An alternate lynch is not feasible. No-lynches are bad.

Hopefully you are kidding about your announced night action target. You don't want to tell the scum who you are protecting.
"Well, I..."
razorback
razorback
Goon
razorback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:21 am

Post by razorback »

Nathan Hale

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:32 am

Post by popsofctown »

As your IC I'd like to inform you it doesn't work that way. Unvotes don't count after the hammer.
"Well, I..."
razorback
razorback
Goon
razorback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:35 am

Post by razorback »

Nathan Hale

horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:27 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Unvotes don't count after the hammer.
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:17 am

Post by Exilon »

Okay, someone else hammered before I could get here. Hummm... Pops? What? You say you like your vote on Red Star and in your immediate next post you hammer Razorback? What gives?

(Sorry for not writing anything else, I'm kinda V/LA because of a school project I have.)
Feels like I've been here before.
kelikar
kelikar
Townie
kelikar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:46 am

Post by kelikar »

skerterg wrote:Kelikar, what is your response to my suspicion that you have targeted the ones most incapable of defending themselves? Kranix was totally missing in action and did not even lurk, and razorback cannot put together a rational case at all. Doesn't it seem convenient for someone to do that?
I completely understand where you are coming from. Although, I will say this again: I did not want to lynch Kranix, but merely pressure him to say
something
of use. And even when he did come back (albeit for probably less than 2 seconds), there was NO response whatsoever, so I kept my pressure on him in hopes that he would come back to the game. So I don't really consider that targeting him. Razorback I did target, so I
guess
you have a right to be suspicious. But I think you and I can agree that razorback was a huge hindrance to the town, town-aligned or not. Part of the reason that he was lynched was
because
of the fact that he couldn't put a rational case together. How did that affect the town? It completely distracted everyone. If your in a debate, do you want someone who makes everyone else look at them in a confused matter and go on discussing how dumb their arguments are? No. I distracts from what we're supposed to do: Find the scum. Which leads me to believe that the people that didn't want to lynch razorback didn't really have the best interests of the town in mind.
skerterg
skerterg
Townie
skerterg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by skerterg »

Ok, real quick post since night's gonna fall soon:

Red Star, why in the world would you claim now? It is completely ridiculous. Doctor's can't protect themselves; you've just revealed very valuable information to the scum. If you really are the doctor, then you've hurt the town a lot. However, I think it is much more likely that he is scum using this as a protection mechanism. In fact, the very fact that you believe you will be alive tomorrow really makes me think that you are scum.

Thank you for your vote Excedrin. I now have a much clearer picture of who to be suspicious of. It is popsofctown. His vote on Red Star was merely a bluff of a scum buddy so that he is not on the razorback wagon. In fact, his vote of Red Star came at a time when there was momentum building against razorback. horrordude0215 had indicated his suspicions at the time, and Exilon just posted his case. Furthermore, I don't believe anyone had a vote on Red Star at the time; it would have been safe for pops to do so. Now, when Red Star is under much pressure, pops changes his vote and hammers razorback. This is HIGHLY suspicious.

Thanks for your response kelikar. I am not totally satisfied with it but I'll take it for now.

In any case, we will have a clearer picture once we know for certain who razorback is.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count XVII:

[5] razorback - (Leafsnail, kelikar, horrordude0215, Red Star, popsofctown)

[2] Red Star - (razorback, Excedrin)
[1] horrordude0215 - (skerterg)
[0] ahoda - ()
[0] Exilon - ()
[0] keikar - ()
[0] Kranix - ()
[0] skerterg - ()
[0] popsofctown - ()
[0] Leafnsail - ()

[1]
Not voting
- (Exilon)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Prods & Replacements

Excedrin does indeed replace mask man. :)

It's been a long day.

"My game plan is simple; I just want to do everything I can to help the town!"

"Pssh, yeah right. He's obvious scum."

"He's an obvious idiot! I can't stand this guy! Especially his grammar and spelling! Let's kill him!"

"Sounds good to me. I'm tired and want to go to bed!"

Razorback,
Mafia Goon
, Lynched Day 1

"Okay, fine, I lied. My game plan was simple: survive as long as possible..."

"Shut up, you're dead!"

"Oh, right..."

It's now Night 1. Actions are due by Friday, April 30, 2010 at 5:00:00 PM (San Jose time).
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by KittyMo »

With one less scum alive, the scum team's position has weakened severly.

In the shadows, a mysterious character is speaking through an old-fashioned phone, planted on the wall.

"Yes, Sir. I understand, Sir. ... No, Sir. No more failures. I promise."

He turns around, his face still hidden in the shadows, getting a cigarrete and lighting it. His hands are firm, but trembling. He's yearning for payback. He had to do what he had to do. But it wouldn't be in vain.

Silently, he moved through the night. Silenced gun in hand, he moved slowly, yet confidently, to where everyone had been celebrating earlier. They had drunk too much, and all without fail had fallen asleep.

The figure, protected by the shadows, creeped closer to an unsuspecting townie, eyes closed in a peaceful slumber.
His last one.

Leafsnail, Vanilla Townie, Killed Night 1

His game plan was simple as well: lynch the scum...

It's Day 2.

The Vote Count has been cleared.

With 7 alive, it's
to lynch!

Deadline is at Friday, May 21, 2010 at 8:00:00 AM (San Francisco time).

Game on!

Attention: It has come to my attention that I misread my rules when filtering razorback's posts. I apologize for my error; I was sick at the time and not thinking straight. Please carry on, and try not to be too mad at me. ._.

"plz don't swear" -- N

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”