mini 958: Just Another Mafia Problem - GAME OVER!

Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:51 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

I decided to look at TheButtonmen. Not sure why, but I decided so well here's my ISO of him:

But some notes first:

- I wll not be commenting on ISO: 0-2 since they were before we started Day 1.
- This is my answer to TheButtonmen question to me:
TheButtonmen wrote:@SuperSmashBroFan: Why do you keep worrying about a D1 mislynch constantly?
I don't want to run a risk of an quick lynch. I want to wait until we have at least a week left of discussion before deciding upon a lynch. However, with that said, I'm not worried of L-2 anymore, especially given that it's nowhere near as dangerous as L-1, where one more vote = lynch.

ISO: 3
TheButtonmen wrote:Policy Vote: MafiaSSK for flaking out of every game I've played with him.
Random Vote MafiaSSK for dropping out of every game TheButtonmen played with MafiaSSK.

This is an random vote, so I consider it an null read.

ISO: 4
TheButtonmen wrote:[offtopic] That Gunnkerig Court hasdgfas? [/offtopic]
Goes completely off-topic talking about the Gunnkerig Court.

Pretty scummy read here. Mafia games are for mafia games being played, not for off-topic stuff like the Gunnkerig Court.

ISO: 5
TheButtonmen wrote:Awesome! An argument that makes tons of noise but no content! I love those!

@Shotty, Shattered: Hug that shit out and move on.
Complains about an argument going on that made lots of noise but lacks contents. Also tells Shotty to the Booty and Shattered Viewpoint to move on.

Slightly scummy read. It's nice that they told both Shattered Viewpoint and Shotty to the Booty to move on, but he's been guilty of giving absolutely no contents in his last ISO too, making it hypocritical.

ISO: 6
TheButtonmen wrote:@MMSK: Why avoid commenting on the game and instead focus on the vote on you? Also what do you mean by;
MafiaSSK wrote:This is especially considering the fact that this was a serious vote from JDodge and a serious vote means you would be a fan of their lynch.
Said that MafiaSSK avoided commenting on the game and asked for an explaination on what he quoted.

I find this post very scummy. TheButtonmen completely misunderstood what MafiaSSK was saying. MafiaSSK did talk about his two policy vote he had at the time and JDodge's serious vote on him.

I also find it hard to believe that TheButtonmen would have such a hard time understanding what he quoted. I clearly have no problem on what that means.

He called out on MafiaSSK for not commenting on the game, yet he has not posted much game-related contents either (In fact, barely any game contents was him was present). I'd go light on that, but this is hypocrisy.

ISO: 7

TheButtonmen wrote:Discussions on theory, IIOA and the like are actually worse then nothing as they give scum a way to look involved and active while not providing content.

@Shotty: Gonna be honest, even after ISOing you I still don't have the foggiest what your talking about.
Said that theory discussions and IIOA are actually counter productive. Doesn't have the foggiest on what Shotty to the Booty said.

I'll give him town point for being helpful.

ISO: 8

TheButtonmen wrote:Post #66 is:
TheButtonmen wrote:@MMSK: Why avoid commenting on the game and instead focus on the vote on you? Also what do you mean by;
MafiaSSK wrote:This is especially considering the fact that this was a serious vote from JDodge and a serious vote means you would be a fan of their lynch.
Once again ask MafiaSSK to explain the one he originally quoted.

Scummy read for the same reason as ISO: 6.

ISO: 9

TheButtonmen wrote:Lynch all lurkers is good, Lynch all Liars has too many corner cases for me to really go into depth about in a non MD thread.

@Shotty: Your question has been noted and subsequently ignored for making no sense.

@MSSK: Thought you were turning over a new leaf and going to actually be active / partcipate?
Gives his opinion on Lynch All Lurkers and Lynch All Liars. Ignore Shotty to the Booty's question and said that MafiaSSK should be more active.

This is slightly scummy. I can see why Shotty to the Botty's questions doesn't make much sense, but TheButtonmen should have at least asked him to clarify the question.

ISO: 10

TheButtonmen wrote:@Elias_the_thief: I didn't refuse to answer a question? I refused to apoligise for voting MSSK, if he thinks that it's scummy and defending JDodge I'm okay with it.

@SuperSmashBroFan: Why do you keep worrying about a D1 mislynch constantly?

@Everyone: Conciseness is protown.
Response to Elias_the_thief about refusing to answering a question, refusing to apoligize for voting MafiaSSK and said that he's okay with MafiaSSK thinking it's scummy and defending JDodge.

He asks me a question I just completed and said Concise is pro-town.

I find this slightly scummy. He's trying to say that it isn't scummy that he didn't answer a question, yet this problem could have been avoided if he asked Shotty to the Booty to clear it up with him. I also find it slightly anti-town because he said he's fine with MafiaSSK thinking it's scummy and that he's defending JDodge.

The reason why it isn't really scummy is because I agree with consiceness being pro-town. One-word arguments won't do, but you don't have to go into great, great detail on a case. I prefer doing the latter, but other then that, yeah.

ISO: 11

TheButtonmen wrote:That would be correct, I responded to his question by saying it makes no sense and moving on.
Quoted elias_the_thief and said he responded to him by saying it made no sense and he moved on.

I call scum on this post. That response to Shotty to the Booty was at best, a very poor response and at worst, can't even be called one. He also said he moved on from it, but yet he reminded MafiaSSK once to clarify what he meant, which automatically contradict his statement.

ISO: 12

TheButtonmen wrote:@Elias: He's demanding I explain why I'm defending JDodge, Your homework should you chose to accept it is to ISO me and explain to me wtf he's talking about. If his question does indeed make perfect sense this should not be difficult.
I wouldn't find this scummy, except that I'm suspecting he's using this oppertunity to be lazy and not do it himself. Hey, if you want explaination on MafiaSSK's question, do it yourself.

ISO: 13

TheButtonmen wrote:Based on comments he made in another game I think this is his first MS account.
Explaining that this is most likely Super Awesome Mega Pimp! first account.

This is a null read, since we gather nothing townish or scummy about this comment. All we get is an possible explaination.

ISO: 14

TheButtonmen wrote:I'll give everyone a cookie if the mass quote striping and bullshit arguments stop.

@SSBF: Putting extra effort into making your posts a tad harder to read seems like a questionable use of time.

In closing we need moar MSSK votes.
Not to sound like a total newb, but what is quote stripping suppose to mean? It is only choosing to quote certain parts of a post? Or is it something different entirely? And is it scummy (Want an explaination from another person since I call TheButtonmen explaination BS, more on that in the next section)?

Ohter then that, he responded to me, wants stupid arguments to stop, and wants more MafiaSSK vote.

I do find MafiaSSK suspcious, but why ask for more votes? You're just as likely to get more votes anyway if you don't ask. I also don't see why arguments should stop. I don't see why we're in an major argument, let alone it being ********.

This post is considerably scummy overall.

ISO: 15

TheButtonmen wrote:Quote striping is what I call it when people do long text broken up my numerous quotes, mainly done to answer a particular point in a post.

[offtopic-theory]
I'll probably make a longer MD post about this but in brief.
Reasons it's bad (imo):
-Promotes long posts.
-Lot's of small quotes rather then a large one means things are taken out of context.
-It lets your response look long while it's really just focusing on a few sentences rather then the post as a whole.
-It promotes people to respond in kind when they try to quote you.
[/offtopic-theory]

Now that MSSK has admitted to active lurking can we get more votes on him?
Explains quote-stripping, rambles on how theories are bad, and once again, wants more vote on MafiaSSK.

Another scummy post coming out of TheButtonmen. If quote-stripping is breaking down to where you explain only particular parts you want to explain, then I don't see why it's a bad thing. In that case, we've all been guilty of this, even TheButtonmen himself (More hypcrisy!). He once again ask for more votes on MafiaSSK.

Overall, I think I found another top suspect in my case. TheButtonmen has been hypocritical, made a ton of bad posts, lacks contribuation to the game, refusing to answer questions, etc.

Now I'll have to decide on who is my top suspect: TheButtonmen or Super Awesome Mega Pimp!

@Elias_the_thief: To be honest, regarding your section about me, I can't do anything but agree. However, I will prove that I am town and I will be commited to the game by making at least one useful post per day. You can count on that.

Also, active lurking is being active but not posting much contents. MafiaSSK clearly isn't active lurking, it's worse.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

JDodge has not posted in thread within 24 hours of being prodded. As per the activity rules, I will begin looking for a replacement. JDodge will be replaced if I can find a replacement before he posts in thread.
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by JDodge »

magnus_orion wrote:
JDodge has not posted in thread within 24 hours of being prodded. As per the activity rules, I will begin looking for a replacement. JDodge will be replaced if I can find a replacement before he posts in thread.
Over the past week, I've been busy writing papers, studying for tests, got assigned jury duty, worked 6:30-6:30 saturday and sunday, had to do all the work for the Song Contest and still couldn't get the chance to get to this. Since my free time doesn't seem to be getting any slack in the near future, I'm going to have to unfortunately bow out at this point. My apologies to magnus and the rest of the players.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:58 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

V/LA: Until Weekend
, Life got interesting this week.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by Elias_the_thief »

rover9000 wrote:Elias, please explain to me how my posts have been attempting to coast through the game, or backtracking to previous discussion.

Each post I made attempted to cover my thoughts on the entire game. At the END of my summaries I always commented on a few current issues.
They are attempting to coast through the game because you don't make any solid declarations about other players being scummy, nor do you make many original points. Please give me examples of where you addressed "current issues". Better yet, prove that "always" that you threw in there. Because I'm real tempted to call bullshit.

===================================
I don't have time to go over the big post from SSBF right now. Hopefully I'll get to that tomorrow.
I play the games rul gud.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:15 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

I'm fighting the instinct to vote you merely for the insult of confusing me with this 'Shotty to the Booty' kid. Not to mention sudden agreement like this always gives me a bad gut feeling.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:28 am

@Shotty to the Body: No, it was merely a mistake on my behalf, I would not do this to insult you.
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:38 am

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

ConfidAnon wrote:I only have one vote.

I don't know where I want it as of right now.
What can we do to help you decide? Or, alternately, can you be less useless and do some scumhunting?

I'm not going to let you lurk through this game. (Or anyone else, for that matter. [rover, I'm looking at you.])

@ConfidAnon: Who is your top suspect?

@rover: What are your thoughts on ConfidAnon's lack of a vote? And who's
your
top suspect?

@SSBF: That's a wonderful wall of words. Not! All you did was post each iso post, and restate it (sometimes not even in your own words!). Fail. But A for effort. Now, can you come up with some analysis that's not re-stating what we already know?

I am not thrilled with the wagon on The Buttonmen. Yeah, he can be read as slightly scummy but I feel Confid and SAMP! to be better lynches today.

Vote: ConfidAnon

We'll see if he responds to pressure.

@Mod: Can hasdgfas and SAMP! be prodded?
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:16 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Shattered Viewpoint wrote:@SSBF: That's a wonderful wall of words. Not! All you did was post each iso post, and restate it (sometimes not even in your own words!). Fail. But A for effort. Now, can you come up with some analysis that's not re-stating what we already know?
He did give his "read" on each post and give a little bit of analysis on them. Did you completely miss that?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:26 am

Post by Super Awesome Mega Zord! »

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:@Shotty to the Body: No, it was merely a mistake on my behalf, I would not do this to insult you.
Yeah, SSBF would never muck up someone's name to insult them. :lol:
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:I am not thrilled with the wagon on The Buttonmen. Yeah, he can be read as slightly scummy
He has posted seventeen times and NO ANALYSIS. At all. Confid, Rover, SSK, and even Socrates have all managed to post at least some analysis. Buttonmen hasn't. JDodge also hasn't, but that at least makes some sense, Buttonmen doesn't have any excuses.

Also just because this game sucks so bad right now, new policy: I'm not even considering lynching anyone I didn't name in the previous paragraph until the game is fun again.
8-) You can call me Mad Cool Ballin' King! for short. 8-)
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:44 am

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

hasdgfas wrote:
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:@SSBF: That's a wonderful wall of words. Not! All you did was post each iso post, and restate it (sometimes not even in your own words!). Fail. But A for effort. Now, can you come up with some analysis that's not re-stating what we already know?
He did give his "read" on each post and give a
little
bit of analysis on them. Did you completely miss that?
The bolded word is key. I did not miss it.

SAMP!, you have a very curious playstyle.
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:18 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Elias_the_thief, 223 wrote: Specifically, which players do you think I have strong points about? Who would you consider voting at this point? You seem to be avoiding naming anyone specific that you find scummy, and being noncommittal is very anti-town, if not just plain scummy.
The top three on your lists have good points upon them, but the one I think deserves the most attention is rover.

In fact,
Vote: rover.

Imo, going after a lurker isn't that big of a scumtell on it's own (unless its possibly an attempt to derail another wagon, which to my knowledge isn't happening here.) Your summary of rover's play is fairly accurate, and could easily be explained by rover bing scum.
Shattered Viewpoint, 232 wrote:Or, alternately, can you be less useless and do some scumhunting?
Imma try.

See above for an answer to your question.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:15 pm

Looking an Super Awesome Mega Pimp!, I still find him very suspicious, but he has done some sort of contributing, I will admit. TheButtonmen replaces him as my top suspect.

Unvote

I'm not prepared to place a vote on TheButtonmen yet, but that's where my analysis (Requested by Shattered Viewpoint) will come in.
rover9000
rover9000
Townie
rover9000
Townie
Townie

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 6:23 am

Post by rover9000 »

ConfidAnon wrote:
Elias_the_thief, 223 wrote: Specifically, which players do you think I have strong points about? Who would you consider voting at this point? You seem to be avoiding naming anyone specific that you find scummy, and being noncommittal is very anti-town, if not just plain scummy.
The top three on your lists have good points upon them, but the one I think deserves the most attention is rover.

In fact,

Imo, going after a lurker isn't that big of a scumtell on it's own (unless its possibly an attempt to derail another wagon, which to my knowledge isn't happening here.) Your summary of rover's play is fairly accurate, and could easily be explained by rover bing scum.

Quite honestly, this is the worst case of coattailing I have ever seen. You literally added NOTHING to Elias' case with this post, all you did was essentially say "you're right, he probably is scum".

If you're going to say that I am the one that deserves the most attention, you'd certainly better say why. Otherwise, this post is incredibly scummy.

Also, since SAMP hasn't really done anything all that scummy in a while, I'll
unvote
.[/spoiler]
rover9000
rover9000
Townie
rover9000
Townie
Townie

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 6:23 am

Post by rover9000 »

ConfidAnon wrote:

In fact,

Quite honestly, this is the worst case of coattailing I have ever seen. You literally added NOTHING to Elias' case with this post, all you did was essentially say "you're right, he probably is scum".

If you're going to say that I am the one that deserves the most attention, you'd certainly better say why. Otherwise, this post is incredibly scummy.

Also, since SAMP hasn't really done anything all that scummy in a while, I'll
unvote
.[/spoiler]
rover9000
rover9000
Townie
rover9000
Townie
Townie

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 6:24 am

Post by rover9000 »

OH MY GOD IT HAPPENED AGAIN!

damn double posts.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 6:34 am

@rover9000: A good suggestion is to click on the post button only once.

Mod: Can you please delete Post #239
?
If Rover9000 asks me to, then I will delete the post.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 6:52 am

Post by hasdgfas »

rover9000 wrote:
ConfidAnon wrote:

In fact,

THANK YOU. This is what I've been trying to say every since I voted him.

Also, @SSBF: Deleting posts is usually a bad idea. it might not seem like it, but it can really mess with things.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 7:23 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Why is me agreeing with a case scummy?

Why do I have to have an entirely new point to vote for someone when valid reasons already exist and have been stated?

I can guarantee that, at the moment, if someone were to post a case on me, you would agree with it and vote for me.

Would your actions be scummy then?
rover9000
rover9000
Townie
rover9000
Townie
Townie

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 7:33 am

Post by rover9000 »

Elias_the_Thief wrote: They are attempting to coast through the game because you don't make any solid declarations about other players being scummy, nor do you make many original points. Please give me examples of where you addressed "current issues". Better yet, prove that "always" that you threw in there. Because I'm real tempted to call bullshit.
In my post 136, I commentet on post 107, a post that was still being discussed at the time.

In my post 148 I discussed 142-147. Can't get much more current than that.

My post 167 discussed post 155.

Post 178 discussed then-ongoing actions.

Furthermore, in post 178, I stated that Super Awesome Mega Pimp! "is unbelievably scummy".
Elias_the_Thief wrote: They are attempting to coast through the game because you don't make any solid declarations about other players being scummy, nor do you make many original points. Please give me examples of where you addressed "current issues". Better yet, prove that "always" that you threw in there. Because I'm real tempted to call bullshit.
rover9000 wrote: SAMP is continuing to become more and more arrogant, to the point of one-word answering arguments against him. this is unbelievably scummy.
Again:
Elias_the_Thief wrote: you don't make any solid declarations about other players being scummy
rover9000 wrote: this is unbelievably scummy
I'll give you a chance to take back your arguments against me lest you risk making a fool of yourself. However if you wish, you can feel free to continue to "call bullshit" against me and make yourself appear scummier and scummier.

vote: Elias_the_Thief
rover9000
rover9000
Townie
rover9000
Townie
Townie

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 7:39 am

Post by rover9000 »

ConfidAnon wrote: Why is me agreeing with a case scummy?

Why do I have to have an entirely new point to vote for someone when valid reasons already exist and have been stated?

I can guarantee that, at the moment, if someone were to post a case on me, you would agree with it and vote for me.

Would your actions be scummy then?
In that case, my actions would not be scummy because I have already stated my reasons for thinking you are scum. You have not done that AT ALL. You have given me NOTHING to say in response to your vote on me; you are hiding behind someone else's case.

The bulk of the post in which you voted for me was "you're right, he is scum".

FOS: ConfidAnon
rover9000
rover9000
Townie
rover9000
Townie
Townie

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 7:40 am

Post by rover9000 »

Also, no, you can't "guarantee" that I would do anything.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 7:40 am

So you think Elias is scum or is this just an OMGUS vote for him attacking you?
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
rover9000
rover9000
Townie
rover9000
Townie
Townie

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 7:44 am

Post by rover9000 »

Gee, I don't know. Maybe if you looked at more than just the vote at the end of my post you would have the answer to that question.

My entire post was a rebuttal to Elias' scummy BS against me.

To spell it out for you even more clearly:

YES. I think that Elias is scum.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 7:54 am

Gee, maybe if you did something in that post besides 'rebuttal' to his case it would be clearer. So he made a case you don't like, townies make cases on townies. You still haven't explained why it was a scum motivated case. The best defense is a good offense, not the other way around. Defending yourself doesn't make a good case on someone else.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”