Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:10 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Vote Count:

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

(5) CryMeARiver: Darox, SpyreX, cruelty, TheSkeward, Nobody Special
(1) Cruelty: Ooba

(4) Not Voting: easjo682, Zang, CryMeARiver, MagnaofIllusion

Day One ends by May 13th at the toll of midnight PST.

Investigators from the capital, summoned by telegraph, march into the square with disdain for the local superstition. The pyres are scattered and investigations begun - not into the vampiric threat, but into those who rose up to fight against it.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:51 am

Post by Zang »

Nobody Special wrote:
unvote

Vote: CMAR
Why did you vote for him?

And this time i'm sure that is L-1.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:01 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Because I certainly wasn't going to win over enough votes for easjo. I'll work on that case much more tomorrow.

Why aren't you voting? Who's your top suspect?
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:34 am

Post by Zang »

Nobody Special wrote:Because I certainly wasn't going to win over enough votes for easjo. I'll work on that case much more tomorrow.

Because I see no need to. I'm suspicous of theskeward and easjo.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:37 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

SpyreX wrote:
CMAR wrote:This is quite dumb. I don't defend Josh ever and yes I did attack Slaine Hayes because he was scummy. Two other people seemed to agree with me. Also, if we have agreed that Josh was a traitor, even if I was mafia, I wouldn't have known he has scum. Therefore all of the above means nothing.
While this makes me :roll: a little it did give me a missing the trees for the forest moment: Josh was a Doctor.

No way in hell he didn't know who the scum were.
Why do I still feel you are completely missing my point?

1. Saying I am scum because I defended Josh is silly. The scum probably wouldn't have known who Josh was. Josh may have known who the scum were, but that's irrelevant.

2. You responded to this point by saying "Of course Josh knew who the scum was, he was a doctor." This may be true, but is irrelevant, because what I was saying is that the other scum probably didn't know who HE was. I don't know if you read my post backwards, SpyreX, or if you deliberately misunderstood me."

All of your arguments related to how I talked about Josh yesterday (and how I'm talking about him today) are completely irrelevant, because scum can't defend a buddy they don't know about.
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:38 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Nobody Special wrote:Because I certainly wasn't going to win over enough votes for easjo. I'll work on that case much more tomorrow.

Oh, and before I unleash my ISO, I'd like to know: Do you even suspect me? Or are you just blatant bandwagoning?
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

pee on you" - Chesskid

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:59 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Yes, CMAR, I suspect you are total scum. Hence, my vote.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:05 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Nobody Special wrote:Yes, CMAR, I suspect you are total scum. Hence, my vote.
You haven't implied this anywhere. Can I see some case please?
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:24 am

Post by SpyreX »

1. Saying I am scum because I defended Josh is silly. The scum probably wouldn't have known who Josh was. Josh may have known who the scum were, but that's irrelevant.

2. You responded to this point by saying "Of course Josh knew who the scum was, he was a doctor." This may be true, but is irrelevant, because what I was saying is that the other scum probably didn't know who HE was. I don't know if you read my post backwards, SpyreX, or if you deliberately misunderstood me."

All of your arguments related to how I talked about Josh yesterday (and how I'm talking about him today) are completely irrelevant, because scum can't defend a buddy they don't know about.
That wasn't a "response" as much as a realization confirming the real point:

1.) Josh was a traitor doctor.
--- For this role to be USEFUL that means Josh would know the mafia.
2.) Josh never, ever mentioned you and only you.
--- This is important because this one-way connection bespeaks his knowing your alignment.

Thus, the flipped scums absence of interaction is what makes me think you are scum.

FURTHER, I'm not saying
anything
about your interaction with Josh making you scum directly. It's a one way street on that. At that point *shock* you stayed away from it saying we were probably both town based on poor reasoning
because you thought we were both town

I said your statement "I'd distance from this if I was scum" is a load of garbage because a.) you didn't know he was scum WITH you at the time and b.) distancing yourself from it at this juncture would make absolutely no sense.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:32 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

SpyreX wrote:

That wasn't a "response" as much as a realization confirming the real point:

1.) Josh was a traitor doctor.
--- For this role to be USEFUL that means Josh would know the mafia.
2.) Josh never, ever mentioned you and only you.
--- This is important because this one-way connection bespeaks his knowing your alignment.

Thus, the flipped scums absence of interaction is what makes me think you are scum.

FURTHER, I'm not saying
anything
about your interaction with Josh making you scum directly. It's a one way street on that. At that point *shock* you stayed away from it saying we were probably both town based on poor reasoning
because you thought we were both town

I said your statement "I'd distance from this if I was scum" is a load of garbage because a.) you didn't know he was scum WITH you at the time and b.) distancing yourself from it at this juncture would make absolutely no sense.
You are relentlessly stupid. So your whole case is that Josh HAD to have known who the scum were (Which I still don't believe since he was ISOLATED traitor) and since he must have known his scumbuddies, I must be scum because he never mentioned me and never wanted to attract attention to me?
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:57 pm

Post by cruelty »

why is it unreasonable that josh as scum (and knowing who his partners were) wouldn't want to incriminate them?

it seems to me to be a perfectly valid point. logical and reasonable.

CMAR wrote:You responded to this point by saying "Of course Josh knew who the scum was, he was a doctor."
This may be true, but is irrelevant, because what I was saying is that the other scum probably didn't know who HE was
. I don't know if you read my post backwards, SpyreX, or if you deliberately misunderstood me."
this is what i was looking for - you can concede that yes, josh (probably, possibly) knew who the other scum was/is (a stance which you border on contradicting in post 435). if he never mentioned you, then it seems to me to be a reasonable conclusion that you're either so townie that he thought he had no chance of getting you lynched, or he didn't want you lynched.

oh and to clear this up:
CMAR wrote:Yes, I thought that was a hammer. I have no idea what that is meant to show.
the point wasn't that you thought it was a hammer, it's that you promised a case, disappeared for 5 days and then came back and didn't pick up where you left off. still haven't, to be fair.

i think a case against slaine is still valid, the playerslot still exists so even though he can't defend himself i'd still like to see what you've got, and how it has or hasn't been resolved by NS's play.
the nexus of the crisis
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Yes I'm the stupid one!

"THE DOCTOR TRAITOR SCUM HAD NO IDEA WHO THE SCUMS WERE ZOMG"
Show

Proud member of BaM
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:34 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

SpyreX wrote:Yes I'm the stupid one!

"THE DOCTOR TRAITOR SCUM HAD NO IDEA WHO THE SCUMS WERE ZOMG"
My question was, is that your entire case?
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:38 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

cruelty wrote:why is it unreasonable that josh as scum (and knowing who his partners were) wouldn't want to incriminate them?

it seems to me to be a perfectly valid point. logical and reasonable.

CMAR wrote:You responded to this point by saying "Of course Josh knew who the scum was, he was a doctor."
This may be true, but is irrelevant, because what I was saying is that the other scum probably didn't know who HE was
. I don't know if you read my post backwards, SpyreX, or if you deliberately misunderstood me."
this is what i was looking for - you can concede that yes, josh (probably, possibly) knew who the other scum was/is (a stance which you border on contradicting in post 435). if he never mentioned you, then it seems to me to be a reasonable conclusion that you're either so townie that he thought he had no chance of getting you lynched, or he didn't want you lynched.

oh and to clear this up:
CMAR wrote:Yes, I thought that was a hammer. I have no idea what that is meant to show.
the point wasn't that you thought it was a hammer, it's that you promised a case, disappeared for 5 days and then came back and didn't pick up where you left off. still haven't, to be fair.

i think a case against slaine is still valid, the playerslot still exists so even though he can't defend himself i'd still like to see what you've got, and how it has or hasn't been resolved by NS's play.
So once I finish posting my case, you have no reason to vote me? Sounds good. With this in mind, no one hammer please. Actually, I'd appreciate it if one person could unvote that way I can't be quick hammered, yet the pressure is still on me.
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

TheSkeward
TheSkeward
Goon
TheSkeward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by TheSkeward »

CMAR: I would like your final reads, please. Tell us who you think is town and who you think is scum. Reasoning is optional and appreciated.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:22 pm

Post by cruelty »

CryMeARiver wrote:]
So once I finish posting my case, you have no reason to vote me? Sounds good. With this in mind, no one hammer please. Actually, I'd appreciate it if one person could unvote that way I can't be quick hammered, yet the pressure is still on me.

nah, once you post your case nobody will have a reason -not- to vote you. your potential use will be exhausted.
the nexus of the crisis
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:32 pm

Post by SpyreX »

My question was, is that your entire case?
Thats a big one and if I need to go back and show the raw amount of nothing this game (besides avoiding the main issue of yesterday) well.
Show

Proud member of BaM
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:08 pm

Post by ooba »

ooba wrote:
SpyreX wrote:No way in hell he didn't know who the scum were.
Just responding to this since NS also seemed to think this was "obvious". The best interplay for this role would be achieved when Mafia knew Josh but Josh did not know the mafia. Josh would have to try and work out who was scum to protect them - otherwise he'd be protecting town. Mafia would have to try and signal Josh in an overt way so as to not attract attention of town. Tried looking for signals based on this - but couldn't find anything. (Apart from CMAR's "doomed" post but do not think it was a signal)
SpyreX , your thoughts on this? Tis not as obvious as you make it out to be.

- Don't like the speed of the wagon on CMAR. Looks scum driven
- Cruelty does not respond to any of the points mentioned by me in my last post but heaps more pressure on the CMAR wagon and disappears
- TheSkeward reverses his opinion on cruelty; both of them are the major drivers of the CMAR lynch; cruelty was the one who mentioned "how about a speed lynch" and I hate TheSkeward's "I'd like your final thoughts please"..

I can see a Cruelty, Skeward scum pairing .. Town should wake up and start playing the game ..
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:52 pm

Post by cruelty »

not sure what you want me to respond to. also not sure what's wrong about pressuring a wagon on a guy i think is scum.

i thought magna's post was dubious but given i had no real reason to be suspicious of him at the time, it didn't seem worth getting into.
ooba re. post 94 wrote:Why didn’t you vote CMAR here? Subtle pressure without committing to the wagon.
that was less about pressure and more about wanting an explanation. which i never got. forgot about that, good one. there's another couple armloads of wood for CMARs pyre.

(as for why didn't i vote, shrug, probably would have if josh hadn't imploded a couple days later, i was holding off for an answer).

also lol @ bringing up my speedlynch post. world's most brazen scum, right here. gimme a break.
the nexus of the crisis
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:58 pm

Post by Darox »

Unvote

Some things need to be addressed before anyone dies today.
Cry needs to stop stalling and post his touted ISO. He hasn't even said who it's on.

Cruelty needs to stop being scum.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:00 pm

Post by cruelty »

it'll never happen
the nexus of the crisis
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:39 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

TheSkeward wrote:CMAR: I would like your final reads, please. Tell us who you think is town and who you think is scum. Reasoning is optional and appreciated.
cruelty wrote:nah, once you post your case nobody will have a reason -not- to vote you. your potential use will be exhausted.
I laugh at these many a time.

Darox wrote:Unvote

Cry needs to stop stalling and post his touted ISO. He hasn't even said who it's on.

Thank ya kindly. ISO is almost done, have had a few things back here in reality to deal with.
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:43 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Darox wrote:
Unvote

CMAR has intimated that his ISO is on Slaine. I can't recall anything that contradicts that.
CryMeARiver wrote:
Darox wrote:Unvote

Thank ya kindly. ISO is almost done, have had a few things back here in reality to deal with.
You are either THE slowest mafia player in all of recorded history, or you're lying through your teeth.

I'm waiting, but this better be damned good. Also, ooba brought up some good points that I want to look into.

unvote
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:14 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Slaine Hayes/Nobody Special
CryMeARiver wrote:
Slaine Hayes wrote:Unvote
Vote:SpyreX

Why were you fishing?
Ok, keep this in mind.
Slaine Hayes wrote:
Upon further review, I see where you explained yourself. i apologize, I missed that before.

But I'll keep my FoS on, like you,
I don't really feel the need to move my votes or FoS's unless I have good reason to.
Josh is attacked for the same reason, at one point by Slaine. Hypocritical contradiction much? Also, he now does not believe Spyrex was rolefishing.
Ok, I will ATTEMPT to get some logical discussion going here.

@Josh: If it turns out SpyreX is scum, what would you think of his alleged rolefishing then?
Alleged rolefishing? I thought you just stated that you didn't think he was rolefishing? Now you are looking for someone else to supply reasons to wagon another person.
Slaine Hayes wrote:I'm still so confused over the whole SpyreX situation.

Unvote
In other words "Josh did not supply me with a reason to attack Spyrex for his rolefishing". Also, what happened to "I don't feel the need to move my votes without a reason to"?

MORE IS TO COME! I don't have time for the rest :?
I still find this all to be true. He contradicted himself twice and looked for someone else to do the scumhunting for him.

The rest of Slaine Hayes's posts are ridiculous:
Slaine refusing to give opinion 1 wrote:I have to say, I am pretty neutral on the current situation. I will do a re-read tomorrow and see if anything sparks my interest.
Slaine VLA 1 wrote:Hey guys I'm here-had a family emergency to deal with, sorry.
Slaine refusing to give opinion 2 wrote:@ ooba:So wait, you're not sold on Josh, but you want to go ahead and kill him? Explain that reasoning.

@Yosarian: If I thought someone was scummy, I'd be voting for them. If I think someone is town, you'll be the first to know.
Slaine refusing to give opinion 3 wrote:I'm not really sure either way. I'm still getting a read.

Darox, what are your reasons for thinking SpyreX is scum and Ooba is town?
Slaine VLA 2 wrote:Yeh I've gotten behind in this game. Will post more substantial material ASAP
Slaine VLA 3 wrote: V/LA until Friday. Will try to post in the interim.

CMAR, could you please point out where I attack Josh for keeping an FoS on someone? I am fairly certain I did no such thing
And to answer his question, I was referring to this:
I'm seeing the inconsistencies in Josh's argument.

FoS: JoshTheStampede

I'd like to here more from him on the matter
To sum up the first part of this two team combo, Slaine did not scumhunt on his own and never gave an opinion. He was waiting for someone else to make a good case so he could bandwagon and follow it. He supported both sides of the Spyrex-Josh argument at different points and could never make up his mind. He also contradicted himself twice I believe.
Nobody Special wrote:Oh, hi.

It seems I have a few votes.

I shall be reading and RUTHLESSLY SCUMHUNTING starting..... Now.

Anything that anyone might want to mention to me, mention away. I'm all ears.
I would hope so. That'd be more than your replacee.
Nobody Special wrote:-- Very skeptical of Josh.
-- SpyreX is acting differently here. (I know, meta BAD blah blah)
Again, can't pick a side. Uses a meta argument on SpyreX for acting "jovial and outspoken" but is still skeptical about Josh, and goes on to vote him.
Nobody Special wrote: Actually, it is my opinion that YOU are the one purposefully misinsterpreting things -- you went on and on about "I don't want to hear 'slippery slope' and I won't entertain this argument any further" -- and now you're trying to say you know what a slippery slope argument is? Please, get lynched.

Vote: Josh

Still on page 7. Still reading. Still happy with a Josh lynch.
I have reread this many times, and I STILL don't understand his reasoning behind his vote. He hasn't even come close to finished reading the argument, but finds Josh misinterpreting things (doesn't point out where) and something about a slippery slope that doesn't make sense. BANDWAGON HARDER PLEASE BROSKY. K thx.
NobodySpecial wrote:
easjo wrote:JoshTheStampede- I haven't really taken to like from the start
Zang- not much to say either way
Slaine Hayes- dodgy but don't think he's scummy
cruelty- not much to say either way
TheSkeward- not much to say either way
Yosarian2- seems to be chipping in on the scum hunt
SpyreX- dodgy
CryMeARiver- dont really have an opinion
MagnaofIllusion- is contributing to the hunt
Darox- think hes town
Ooba- dont know
Waffling. Major, huge, active-lurking, I'm-scum-please-don't look-at-me waffling.

I also have some suspicions about Darox (admitted active lurking, distancing from Josh), but for now

Vote: easjo
Not really sure where he is waffling, but I can understand the vote. But seriously, targeting the lurker is often a scum's way of looking like he's scumhunting without really scumhunting. It looks good on the outside, but his case is really only that easjo was active lurking.
Nobody Special wrote:Please translate "Dingle dangle" into something I can relate to, like English. I have a feeling I know what you meant, but please clarify.
Please scumhunt for me so I can do this:
Nobody Special wrote:unvote

Vote: CMAR
...without any reasoning. Oh wait, his reasoning:
My "suspect" wasn't catching on, so I switched to you and bandwagoned. Ok brosky.
Nobody Special wrote:Yes, CMAR, I suspect you are total scum. Hence, my vote.
Really? You haven't posted suspicions of me anywhere. Again, what warrants this vote besides obvious bandwagoning?

The second of the duet isn't much better. He promises he'll scumhunt more, but he hasn't. He only targets the lurker without actually scumhunting and clearly bandwagons without reasoning twice.

Cruelty

cruelty wrote:Also Spyrex you seem different this game.

Hmmm, another one? Interesting.

The Skeward

Active lurker who tunneled Josh all day 1. That is literally all he did. I don't even know if he followed the Josh-SpyreX argument because he never mentions it. The only reason he votes Josh is based off the fact that he wanted to pressure Ooba by leaving him at L1 and that was antitown. And then today with the:
Skeward wrote:Unvote; Vote: CryMeARiver

I still think Nobody Special is scummier, but CMAR is a good lynch as well.
Another bandwagon vote with no reasoning. Most of the wagon on me is ridiculous bandwagoning because people want a quicklynch, as seen here:
Skeward wrote:CMAR: I would like your final reads, please. Tell us who you think is town and who you think is scum. Reasoning is optional and appreciated.
I'm already dead to him.

SpyreX

I could go on with the largest ISO ever on how he tunneled Josh all of D1 and me all of D2 and how he has been misrepresenting me and providing cases without validity on me and how he is still obsessed with Josh even on D2, but if you can't already see that and you need an ISO to establish that, you can do it yourself. All of this could easily be misguided townie though, so I'm still not sure on you.

Vote: Nobody Special
FoS: Skeward
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”