Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:50 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Official Vote Count

Players needed to Lynch : 8

Players not voting - 14 - 12keyblade, CryMeARiver, DrippingGoofball, Ellibereth, Faraday, Fate, Hoopla, mb53, Parama, Pomegranate, PranaDevil, Sando, Socrates, Zang

Here's why we go for the glory folks. THREE in a row.

Let's shoot for FOUR.

##Vote: Hoopla
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:51 am

Post by Hoopla »

Why Hoopla?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:52 am

Look here guys:

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 81#2228581

As I said earlier. She "FOS'd" her buddy, and voted a townie, only the formatting is a little different.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:03 am

Post by Hoopla »

Why is that a scum tell?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:12 am

Hoopla wrote:i'd rather be lynched today if it prevented a massclaim.
Hoopla wrote:Even is massclaim gets another vote, I'm still not participating in it.
Also, very much against a mass claim that would uncover the extreme scummy choice of roles (vig, vig, backup vig...)

DEFENDED soras, and chainsaw defense by making big case against SerialClergyman:

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 93#2235493

Also inches to lynching Pom on Day 1.

Although VERY MUCH against a MASS CLAIM, posts the following:
Hoopla wrote:Can someone help me complete this list? Am I missing any claims/information here? I think there are a couple of Vanilla claims I'm missing.
She says she's looking for vanillas... ahem!

Equation 1

Vanilla = (Total Players) - (Power Roles)

She was against a mass claim but keen of zeroing in the power roles.
Hoopscum wrote:We know the Universal Backup is in play somewhere, and I think the town should decide who to kill with that shot.
Then she was to shoot in this barrel:
Hoopscum wrote:
1,1 manho
3,6 Socrates
3,6 Zoiaum
5,4 Ellibereth
5,15 Drippinggoofball
6,1 superawesomemegapimp
A list made up of 100% townies.
Hoopscum wrote:Also, do you seriously think if I were scum I'd let my team get into this position so early in the game, and choose such roles? I would never take the vigs if I had two top 5 draft picks - there's so many more better role combinations, especially ones safer to a potential massclaim that give more outs.
^^^^ Planting of the WIFOM
Hoopscum wrote:Those trying to glean information from yesterday's wagon are silly - we had confirmed scum. There is little to no credit dished out for players on/off the wagon.
^^^^ Says the SCUM

Against a massclaim, but would like to know the following:
Hoopscum wrote:DGB, what was the role you were trying to get?
KRAP number theory post:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 15#2238515
Hoopscum wrote:If either of dramonic/Sando is scum, it really looks like it will be Sando when you compare their individual stances to the sorasgoof wagon.

##Vote: Sando
Yeah, Dramonic was bus'ing, HA.

Also, VERY late on the Dramonic wagon.

I didn't write EVERYTHING out, just iso Hoopla, she's oozing scum.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:12 am

Hoopla wrote:Why is that a scum tell?
OBV OBV OBV

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:13 am

Post by Hoopla »

I think you always think I am scum, DGB.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:21 am

Hoopla wrote:I think you always think I am scum, DGB.

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:23 am

Post by Hoopla »

Wasn't a defense - a general observation. I expect to post a detailed defense, responding to some of your points and what I assume others to be soon, and a full list of reads.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:53 am

Post by Parama »

Theory: both scum were on the dram wagon!
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:08 am

Parama wrote:Theory: both scum were on the dram wagon!
I like the way you think.

PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:27 am

Post by PranaDevil »

I'm in agreement with the Hoopla wagon, I've had Hoopla pegged as scum early on (I never liked the dice rolling stuff, and felt she was pushing for it to appear pro-town way too early). And it would be nice to have a perfect game...

vote: Hoopla

--------------------------
Everything from here is just gameplay mechanices about Neighborizor, feel free to ignore if you feel like it.
Fate wrote:You're wrong about neighborizer. A smart townie can use it just the same as a mason.

If you have it, and you neighborize scum, guess who knows who the masons are?
Ah, but if the Masons are using a weak doc to collect information about who is pro-town, then the only person who would be neighborized that would be "possibly" scum, would be the person neighbored night 1, every other neighboring would be 100% town, as known through the docs investigating. Much, much better than claiming in thread, as those people will know other town players. Plus, messages can be passed through the chain (say me and Zo were both linked to the other confirmed, in this case Parama and Pom... Pom wants to talk to Parama, they just message whichever of me or Zo they're neighbored with, and we pass the message down the line).

It creates, in essence, a mass group of masons who can essentially talk to each other, and as they'd all (barring 1, who would be kept seperate unless proven town somehow) be 100% town, it would be a great little information builder.

Still, that's just working out how to break the game for PYP4 if Mason's can score a win with those roles ;).
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:33 am

PranaDevil wrote:
vote: Hoopla
FORMATTING ERROR!

Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:59 am

Post by Socrates »

##vote:Hoopla
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:40 am

Socrates wrote:
##vote:Hoopla
Why?

Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:55 am

Post by Socrates »

Well, I've thought Hoopla was scum since the pre-game due to a meta-tell, but I don't want to say what that is specifically, so.

As far as her actual play, It's hard to articulate. Do you remember multiple people saying something like "I don't understand Hoopla's play, she must be town."? And how she had mostly been trading off of emotion in her early play? ("I'm sick of being the devil's avacado." was the quote, I believe.) Yea, thats something we have talked about in the past. It's really quite effective scum play if people aren't looking out for it.

Your case against her is really good too and her response was subpar, if you need something more traditional.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:36 am

Post by Hoopla »

So, there has been talk about lynching down the list, because have 5 mislynches up our sleeve before we lose. There has also been talk that I should be the first one to go, or need to go at some stage. If that is the case, I'd rather go first and have a massclaim today to try and clear some more people. Here is what we have so far, I think;

2,12 sorasgoof (Even-Night-Vig)

10,1 Pomegranate (Tracker)

11,7 Sando
12,3 Porkens (Odd-Night-Vig)

13,7 Dramonic (Universal Backup)

1,1 SerialClergyman (Watcher)
1,1 manho (Redirector)

3,6 Socrates (Janitor)

3,6 Zoiaum (Mason Weak Doctor)

5,4 Ellibereth

5,15 Drippinggoofball (Vanilla Watcher)
6,1 superawesomemegapimp (Vanilla)
6,2 Budja (Vanilla)

7,3 Fate
7,11 Parama (Vanilla Janitor)

4,5 PranaDevil (Mason)

4,7 CryMeARiver (Vanilla Gunsmith)
4,8 12keyblade
9,2 Zang
9,4 Faraday

9,9 Hoopla

9,15 mb53 (Vanilla Backup)

Asterix denotes dice rollers. Fate, Keyblade and Parama were not counted as dice rollers, as they either changed their roll or left themself the option to change.

I think at the very least, we can safely assume the Gunsmith is town, because scum have zero interest in taking a gunsmith when they own most of the guns anyway. We can then hopeful clear another 1 or 2 people from this claim, or catch CryMeARiver lying if there is in fact no Gunsmith in this game. We don't know if a cop or role-cop exists, but everyone else should claim their role before the Gunsmith claims it's results. This is to ensure any potential players with guns can't escape a Gunsmith investigation.

I'm not sure what order we should massclaim in, but I think with what we have left, there is a decent chance we can crack the game open now for town.

Other stuff pertaining me (mostly DGB's case) - My adverse reaction to massclaiming early on Day 1 was to prevent this game devolving into a logic puzzle, when scum presumably have the upper hand in this scenario. The only decent argument FOR massclaim I saw was locking scum into claims, which I think would have been significantly outweighed the risks of exposing our most potent roles. Because what you had to remember is if scum were pushing massclaim early, it is possible they chose pro-town roles or unisex roles, and who are you going to lynch? The townies like Socrates/manho who opted to stop the scum getting pro-scum roles. Basically, I didn't trust the town to solve a logic puzzle. And I didn't trust the reasoning for it being pushed, which mostly consisted of locking scum into their roles - that's all well and good, but when roles are independent of alignment, then it doesn't get you very far.

The other major point seems to be me wanting the scum-vig to shoot into a barrel of likely townies, which I appologise for, because that was quite likely a very wrong read on all/most of them. I'm not sure how to defend myself against this piece of play other than it seemed like the likeliest place scum would be at that time. Other players were also open to this plan, but I'll take the heat for endorsing that play.

I also don't know how to defend myself against not being on the Sorasgoof wagon, other than quick wagons based on little reasoning make me quite skeptical. I hope some others can vouch for this, as the exact same thing happened to me in Mafia 109, where I defended a speeding wagon on scum there too. I genuinely didn't see Soras as scummy, really, and to be honest I still don't understand why she was lynched. But that's a bonus, I suppose.

I'm hoping I can make up for my subpar play with helping to craft a game-breaking strategy for us. I know I probably can't be trusted, and probably should be one of our lynches at some point, and I will accept that if we can find a strategy to give us a strong chance of winning.

What does everyone think of a massclaim of some description?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:49 am

Hoopla wrote:So, there has been talk about lynching down the list, because have 5 mislynches up our sleeve before we lose. There has also been talk that I should be the first one to go, or need to go at some stage. If that is the case, I'd rather go first and have a massclaim today to try and clear some more people. Here is what we have so far, I think;?
If we decide we're lynching you, it's not subject to negotiations.

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:52 am

Post by Hoopla »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Hoopla wrote:So, there has been talk about lynching down the list, because have 5 mislynches up our sleeve before we lose. There has also been talk that I should be the first one to go, or need to go at some stage. If that is the case, I'd rather go first and have a massclaim today to try and clear some more people. Here is what we have so far, I think;?
If we decide we're lynching you, it's not subject to negotiations.
So, you're opposed to massclaim now, DGB?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:55 am

I've already claimed. I'm saying we're not "negotiating" anything with you. You're saying you'd "rather go first" as long as we mass claim.

You're not in the driver's seat.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:56 am

Also, you guys really need to kill the Watcher so that you have a shot at killing Pomegranate.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:57 am

Why is he still alive?

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:00 am

Post by Hoopla »

DrippingGoofball wrote:I've already claimed. I'm saying we're not "negotiating" anything with you. You're saying you'd "rather go first" as long as we mass claim.

You're not in the driver's seat.
Okie dokie. But, I'd like to do some negotiating from the grave, though - when I flip town, I put my vote down for massclaim and for DGB to be bumped up the lynching list just behind Keyblade. If I flip scum, feel free to ignore everything.

Also, the watcher is dead DGB. Don't play dumb.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:13 am

Hoopla wrote:Also, the watcher is dead DGB. Don't play dumb.
I'm a natural.

But.

If you're not scum, your "scumdar" has probably been recalled from the factory.

More likely, you're scum. It's impossible for a scumdar to be that much FAIL.

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:16 am

Post by Hoopla »

I'm sorry I don't play to your standards DGB.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”