Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:21 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Sotty, what are your thoughts on DDD and Vi?

I'm not very clear on where you stand with either.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:23 am

Post by Vi »

Zach - Could you go into more detail about DDD's wagon placement being "too perfect"?
Zach 1024 wrote:My gut is twitching a bit at the idea of voting Amished today after the arguments that DDD made for his innocence.
I'm not sure I follow...
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:29 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Vi wrote:Zach - Could you go into more detail about DDD's wagon placement being "too perfect"?
Basically he was early on both scum wagons in a way that looks pretty damn clean... yet scum seem to have other priorities with the kills. Something that bothers me. Also I don't like the argument he made against Sotty on day 2, or the argument he started making against you on d3. (One that he doesn't seem interested in actively pursuing with a vote.)
Zach 1024 wrote:My gut is twitching a bit at the idea of voting Amished today after the arguments that DDD made for his innocence.
I'm not sure I follow...[/quote]

I don't really like his arguments for Amished innocence. It leaves me thinking he's scum who knows Amished is innocent rather than through any means of deduction that really makes sense to me.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:30 am

Post by Zachrulez »

EBWOP: The ever losing battle with quote tags.
Vi wrote:Zach - Could you go into more detail about DDD's wagon placement being "too perfect"?
Basically he was early on both scum wagons in a way that looks pretty damn clean... yet scum seem to have other priorities with the kills. Something that bothers me. Also I don't like the argument he made against Sotty on day 2, or the argument he started making against you on d3. (One that he doesn't seem interested in actively pursuing with a vote.)
Vi wrote:
I'm not sure I follow...
I don't really like his arguments for Amished innocence. It leaves me thinking he's scum who knows Amished is innocent rather than through any means of deduction that really makes sense to me.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:30 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I think Triple D is likely town, same with Vi.

Triple D busing both of his buddies early back to back isn't very believable to me. Vi v Ort just doesn't look like scum v scum. She wasn't on the Jahudo lynch but
was
pushing hohum, the person I believe to be our final scum. Her flipping her vote quickly like she just did is what townVi does, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

I'm not interested in lynching either of them today. I think the scum are going to be found in Hohum/Amished.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:36 am

Post by VP Baltar »

"
Stand back
!"
he yelled.
"I am the most amazing writer in the world! I wrote this one night in the jail
library
, when nobody else was watching!"

"Wonderful,"
I said.
"
Read
your crazy shit."

Votecount 4-5
:

Debonair Danny DiPietro ~ L-2 (xRECKONERx, Zachrulez)

Vi ~ L-2 (Amished, hohum)
xRECKONERx ~ L-2 (Debonair Danny DiPietro, Vi)
hohum ~ L-3 (Sotty7)

Not Voting:

With
alive, it takes
to lynch. Deadline is May 7 at roughly 8 a.m. (GMT-4)
Last edited by VP Baltar on Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:38 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Vi, did you really just go through all that mental gymnastics just to come up with the Hohum/Reck/X possibility after clearing myself, Sotty, and Zach that I've been touting for a while now. Seems like a lot of work just to get back to my post 1000 with your obvious change of switching Amished and you. I don't think it's suspicious just kind of amusing that you wrote so much just to go back two pages.

Zach, you're not getting my lynch so really if you have a prefrence between Reck and Hohum it's time to make it known.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:43 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Unvote: Vote: Hohum

I'm down for a Hohum lynch.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:44 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Reckoner and Amished have some redeeming value that makes me 2nd guess that they're scum. Hohum has none.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:56 am

Post by Vi »

Debonair Danny DiPietro 1056 wrote:Vi, did you really just go through all that mental gymnastics just to come up with the Hohum/Reck/X possibility after clearing myself, Sotty, and Zach that I've been touting for a while now. Seems like a lot of work just to get back to my post 1000 with your obvious change of switching Amished and you. I don't think it's suspicious just kind of amusing that you wrote so much just to go back two pages.
I haven't been "in this game" since mid-late D1. Throw in a weekend of V/LA and there you are.

@Zach: Going out to lunch but offhand I can't agree with your DDD suspicion. Scum
do
seem to have priorities other than killing DDD, but that doesn't necessarily mean that DDD is scum. For instance, I've noted that the kills seem to aid hohum and xRx most, defensively.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:27 pm

Post by hohum »

Vi wrote:
Debonair Danny DiPietro 1056 wrote:Vi, did you really just go through all that mental gymnastics just to come up with the Hohum/Reck/X possibility after clearing myself, Sotty, and Zach that I've been touting for a while now. Seems like a lot of work just to get back to my post 1000 with your obvious change of switching Amished and you. I don't think it's suspicious just kind of amusing that you wrote so much just to go back two pages.
I haven't been "in this game" since mid-late D1. Throw in a weekend of V/LA and there you are.

@Zach: Going out to lunch but offhand I can't agree with your DDD suspicion. Scum
do
seem to have priorities other than killing DDD, but that doesn't necessarily mean that DDD is scum. For instance, I've noted that the kills seem to aid hohum and xRx most, defensively.
Neither I nor xRx are scum and the kills were designed to setup mislynches.

Period.
Sotty wrote: Are you dropping Amished completely now?
No, I just think Vi is more likely scum.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:10 am

Post by Vi »

hohum 1060 wrote:
Vi wrote:

do
Neither I nor xRx are scum and the kills were designed to setup mislynches.

Period.
So you're suggesting that I've been waiting for two Days to set that line of logic up? :?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:06 pm

Post by Vi »

*sets out xRECKONERx bait*
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Vi wrote:*sets out xRECKONERx bait*
Pointless, I'm just waiting for Amished to show up and break the tie as to which VI dies today.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Vi wrote:*sets out xRECKONERx bait*
omnom
green shirt thursdays
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by Vi »

._.
Mafia is going to teach me to lighten up one of these days.

I'll break the tie.

Unvote: xRECKONERx
Vote: hohum
(L-1)

inb4etc.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:47 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

========[]

Unvote: DDD
Vote: hohum
green shirt thursdays
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:50 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Final Votecount Day 4
:

hohum ~ LYNCH (Sotty7, Zachrulez, Vi, xRECKONERx)

Vi ~ L-2 (Amished, hohum)
xRECKONERx ~ L-3 (Debonair Danny DiPietro)

It is ascension without Death, this drug that has you. Voices are calling out from the great beyond, pushing you forward with each step on this ground that pitches and rolls like a storm tossed ship.

The music is pulsing now as the universe collapses in on itself. But you've ceased caring. You only know that you must get back to the Tower before the good Doctor goes on his final trip.

Not everyone is so keen, however. Hohum is clawing at you and claims to know who the killer is among the group. You look in his eyes and only see insanity on full tilt. It stirs the lucid type of anger that can really be quite useful in a situation like this.

It doesn't take long for you to jump him like he did Jahudo. There is no creek this time and there is no one to stop you from feeling his pulse fade out in your grip.

The act of murder didn't find the killer, but it sure felt damn fine.

hohum,
Whimpering Slave of the Fear (Vanilla Townie)
, has been lynched Day 4. It is now Night 4. You have 72 hours from this post to submit any night actions you wish to use.
Last edited by VP Baltar on Sun May 02, 2010 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:50 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Night is going to be extended until Sunday around 4 p.m. (GMT-4). I don't think I'll be around much on Saturday and I might not have a chance to open the thread then.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2010 9:51 am

Post by VP Baltar »

When you break through the tree line and return to the grassy field a pale light shines beyond the horizon. To your left and far off is the Gonzo Tower. You have followed the music and can now clearly here a Dylan impersonator croaking from the bandstand.

Before you can begin to trudge toward the Tower Zachrulez falls to the ground clutching his stomach.

"This isn't right!"
he screams. He vomits blood and bile, writhing and incapable of returning to his feet.

You climb on top of him and clear his airway with two well-placed fingers. It's a maneuver you learned from a curmudgeonly nurse in '76 after a long encounter with a bathtub of neighborly moonshine.

"Who did this to you?"
Debonair Danny DiPietro asks, but Zachrulez only gives a small laugh as more blood comes up.

"Something inside told me not to....I knew it wasn't Valium. Something told me not to trust...."

You ask him who he shouldn't have trusted, but it's no use.

Night 4 has ended. Zachrulez,
Mr. Tambourine Man (Pied Piper)
, has been killed.

It is now Day 5. Deadline is May 16 at roughly 5 p.m. (GMT-4)

Votecount 5-0
:

Not Voting: Vi, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Sotty7, xRECKONERx, Amished

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.
YOUR AD HERE

Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2010 10:07 am

Post by Amished »

Well that was pretty much expected. Still don't like Vi, and her? being on both of the quick mislynches easily like that rubs me severely the wrong way. 2 scum dead, still think we're looking for the last one.

Vote: Vi
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2010 10:54 am

Post by Vi »

Amished 1070 wrote:Still don't like Vi, and her? being on both of the quick mislynches easily like that rubs me severely the wrong way.
Please elaborate.
Amished 1070 wrote:2 scum dead, still think we're looking for the last one.
I didn't know this was in question.

I don't have time atm to do much reading. I freely confess I have no solid idea where to go at this point. I keep getting the gut impulse that xRx is not scum, and I've already forgotten why. Amished's D3+ activity still feels like scum (this recent post doesn't help) and that's probably where I'm going to vote after I read things over again.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2010 11:10 am

Post by Amished »

I really like DDD and Sotty as town right now. That leaves you and xRx who we can lynch today. Your positions on ekiM and hohum (and your "feeling strongly about your position on me after reread" and then have that turn into doubt or something when you went to hohum) and their mislynches look absolutely terrible; since both happened much faster than I would've expected (which means that scum were on BOTH from my eyes.)

ekiM ~ LYNCH (Sotty7, Amished, Vi, xRECKONERx, hohum)

Surprisingly, Sotty was on both of them, but starting them is better in my eyes. xRx and you (Vi) are on both, and later on. Zach and ho are both confirmed town so we can eliminate them and from my perspective I'm town so I can eliminate myself as well. DDD, unsurprisingly, was off of both of them and that makes him confirmed town in my eyes as well.

One of the reasons that I'm going after you is xRx's response to my "slip", which is the exact same thing that Zach did to my post and Zach is confirmed town (and xRx did it earlier). That leaves some doubt while you really haven't done much redeeming in my eyes that I can recall at all ever; especially lately.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2010 11:37 am

Post by Vi »

Amished 1072 wrote:their mislynches look absolutely terrible; since both happened much faster than I would've expected (which means that scum were on BOTH from my eyes.)

ekiM ~ LYNCH (Sotty7, Amished, Vi, xRECKONERx, hohum)
hohum and xRx qualify as scum, yes...

You already said that you think there's only one scum left (and I
would
like for you to answer why you said that). Assuming I'm scum, then, how would I know that the lynch would go down
that
quickly? I didn't expect hohum to quickhammer ekiM. I can't say the same for xRx hammering hohum, but see earlier nebulous Town read on him and I thought hohum was the most likely partner to Jahudo and ortolan anyway.

Now that Jack and hohum's alignments are known it's pretty clear that Sotty or DDD would have had to have laid a megabus on both of their scumpartners. I've seen both of them make some shrewd plays on their scumpartners before, but (in DDD's case at least) nothing like this. And things like xRx whining about the perfect victory and not trying to do anything shrewd (barring the "BY THE WAY GAIZ Vi IS GOOD SCUM", for which I still want to know the motivation, and the whole weird kyle relationship) give me impulsive Town reads. Meanwhile, at risk of sounding repetitive, there's nothing in particular that makes me see your viewpoint from D3 on as Town-motivated. A sample that I missed in my previous post on this subject:
Amished 997 wrote:xRx: You also need 3 mislynches to win (assuming 3-9 split) from here out (6 other players, 3 mislynches and 2 nk's leaves you in a 1:1 night endgame). Using up a single easy one now is not going to win you the game. Allowing an "easy" mislynch to go through now while not creating another one pretty much backs you into a corner where it's damn near impossible for you to win.
Why are you coaching (alleged) scum here? I don't see Town saying this sort of thing.

And now that I'm looking at it again, why haven't you responded to my 1040?
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2010 12:07 pm

Post by Amished »

{hohum and xRx qualify as scum? what the hell are you saying here?}

Oh come on, hohum lynched anybody that he could get his hands on; you really "couldn't expect that"? Especially with hohum being wagoned hardcore that day and very easily sensing his own end? And hohum hammering Jahudo the day before that? Bullshit and various other comments.

I'm saying that {1 scum left} cause we have two lynches to hit scum. Even if I might possibly be wrong about you, I know I'm not wrong about both you and xRx.

For my 997 comment: Jahudo and Ortolan were both dead. Assuming me-scum, who the fuck am I coaching? I'm explaining what I'm looking for and why xRx fit that bill to me at the time. I also applied that to your stance on me. Looking back, I see that it does apply more to you than to xRx; and I haven't sensed any urgency from Sotty or DDD (which is a huge factor in my current reads).

I don't know what I was doing, but I didn't remember your 1040. Anyways, by sections:

{mentioning ekiM}Let's go through.. Day3 started on page 34. Post 879 you mention him by PoE. Then you vote him in 894. In the time between those posts, you... Accuse xRx almost solely (and discredit yourself on the wagon in 885), talk about the N1 length, talk about using our Power Roles and talk about Sotty. That's a lot of discussion, and certainly enough to put you above any suspicion... /sarcasm

For the steering discussion: Other than the hohum lynch, the game was pretty much going where I thought it should. Jahudo I was happy with, ekiM was ambivalent enough that I thought he had a good shot at last scum and hohum I thought he was worthless but I wanted to go for a stronger scum read (which I didn't have any time to really counter a lot of what was said since I didn't have time to post during that period)

{Scumhunting} I'm always looking. Most of what I see can't/shouldn't be posted (can't for hard to verbalize, shouldn't for a myriad of reasons). If the game is going the way I generally agree with (especially since you're talking more about before the hohum lynch) I don't really see a need to vocalize.

xRx was my second choice for scum yesterday, and remains so today behind you. He's become really solidified with being (now) sure of hohum; and my constant mental nagging of "confirmed role != confirmed town" Zach being dead. If I had a dayvig power, I'd kill you and then lynch xRx and I could basically guarantee that there's scum in one of you two.

{feeling a mislynch against me} Zach, xRx, Sotty, and you (at times) had various comments saying that I was a relatively top suspect. At that point, it's fairly easy to manipulate NK's so that I'd be left for one of the last 3-4 days assuming mislynching to Lylo. Especially with enough people saying they have strong town reads elsewhere.

{expect more out of you} Nothing that you said against me in your case is a legitimate scumtell. You're around enough to actually try to go for motivations behind it and why it benefits me. However, what you did was sufficiently superficial that I felt that it didn't come from you-town.

Finally, I saw that you said that I flipped out at two people that accused me (being xRx and you {Vi}). xRx never accused me, and I was attacking him for the lack of accusation rather than what you did accuse me of. Your attack of me was so bad that it couldn't possibly come from town which I did attack you for.

No, my name is not "Ed."

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”