mini 958: Just Another Mafia Problem - GAME OVER!

Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

Shattered Viewpoint wrote:There seemed to be a general consensus that my not voting was anti-town. I was especially getting pressure from SAMP! [and so, my vote could rightfully be seen as OMGUS] so I placed my vote on the player I thought was acting the scummiest. That was SAMP!
I can see that, but I also didn't like the post because you explained almost nothing about why you voted for him at that time. At least now we have some substance.

@Super Awesome Mega Pimp!: Even if I'm a really crappy player at times, at least I don't use ego. If you want to improve even further, I suggest getting rid of it in Mafia games. The name can stay, but please leave everything else out.

@hasdgfas:
hasdgfas wrote:wow, my post last night totally didn't go through. dang it. that changes things.
I know this is irrelavent, but when making large posts, I suggest using a word program. Then once you get that finished, copy it to your post. Mistakes are much less common this way.
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:16 pm

Post by Super Awesome Mega Zord! »

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:@Super Awesome Mega Pimp!: Even if I'm a really crappy player at times, at least I don't use ego. If you want to improve even further, I suggest getting rid of it in Mafia games. The name can stay, but please leave everything else out.
No. 8-)
8-) You can call me Mad Cool Ballin' King! for short. 8-)
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:18 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

I'm beginning to think SAMP is an alt.
rover9000
rover9000
Townie
rover9000
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:22 pm

Post by rover9000 »

SAMP is continuing to become more and more arrogant, to the point of one-word answering arguments against him. this is unbelievably scummy.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

I see it more as "alt wanting to screw around by being as anti-town as possible."

Which is really annoying.
rover9000
rover9000
Townie
rover9000
Townie
Townie

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:25 pm

Post by rover9000 »

and also scummy, the way I see it.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

ConfidAnon wrote:I see it more as "alt wanting to screw around by being as anti-town as possible."

Based on comments he made in another game I think this is his first MS account.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

TheButtonmen wrote:
ConfidAnon wrote:I see it more as "alt wanting to screw around by being as anti-town as possible."

Based on comments he made in another game I think this is his first MS account.
If that's true . . .

. . . I think I just died a little.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:@hasdgfas:
hasdgfas wrote:wow, my post last night totally didn't go through. dang it. that changes things.
I know this is irrelavent, but when making large posts, I suggest using a word program. Then once you get that finished, copy it to your post. Mistakes are much less common this way.
that sounds rather condescending, honestly. I've been here nearly 3 years, I know how this works. The forum ate it. I was using a word program.
Super Awesome Mega Pimp! wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:
Super Awesome Mega Pimp! wrote: Having an ego kicks ass, try it some time. :D
It's also scummy. You're not better than the town. In fact, having too much of an ego, such as you, is a sign of scum, because it's a sign of arrogance. Arrogance that you can trick the town, arrogance that you're better than everyone, which just won't work as a town member, as you need people on your side.
FoS
:? So because I voted SSBF for calling me not awesome, that indicates I don't need people on my side? WTF?
Wow, great strawman. That was not what I said at all.
ConfidAnon wrote:
hasdfgas, 171 wrote:It's also scummy. You're not better than the town. In fact, having too much of an ego, such as you, is a sign of scum, because it's a sign of arrogance. Arrogance that you can trick the town, arrogance that you're better than everyone, which just won't work as a town member, as you need people on your side. FoS
This IS bad. There are arrogant townies and arrogant scum members.

And why don't scum need people on their side?
There are, but it's incredibly scummy, and I do consider it a sign of scum, more of a subconscious thing that scum just feel like they're better than town.
Scum do need people on their side, but they have more reason to be arrogant, from what I've found, because they are the ones trying to trick people. While they do need to get people on their side, it's just that they have to listen to their argument. They don't necessarily have to work together the same way townies should be, if that makes any sense.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:30 pm

rover9000 wrote:SAMP is continuing to become more and more arrogant, to the point of one-word answering arguments against him. this is unbelievably scummy.
That wasn't an argument against me at all! It was a suggestion, and I was declining it!

How in the hell have I been anti-town at all, much less as anti-town as possible?
hasdgfas wrote:Wow, great strawman. That was not what I said at all.
Are you screwing with me? You just got done saying
exactly
that ego was scummy because it shows I don't want people on my side!
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:50 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

hasdgfas, 183 wrote:There are, but it's incredibly scummy, and I do consider it a sign of scum, more of a subconscious thing that scum just feel like they're better than town.
Scum do need people on their side, but they have more reason to be arrogant, from what I've found, because they are the ones trying to trick people. While they do need to get people on their side, it's just that they have to listen to their argument. They don't necessarily have to work together the same way townies should be, if that makes any sense.
I still disagree, but your viewpoint is valid. It's a personal interpretation thing, no need arguing about.
Super Awesome Mega Pimp!, 184 wrote:How in the hell have I been anti-town at all, much less as anti-town as possible?
Arrogance. Antagonistic attitude. Seems like you want to start a fight.

Regardless of alignment, you aren't helping us, and if we get to deadline without a good lynch target, I'd be willing to policy vote you.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

You know what? I'm going to purposely mess with Super Mega Awesome Pimp! username up until he stops being an *******. Starting with this post.
hasdfgas wrote:that sounds rather condescending, honestly. I've been here nearly 3 years, I know how this works. The forum ate it. I was using a word program.
I can understand. However, before posting, I suggest copying your entire work (If you don't know how, do CTRL+C) just in case it does eat your work. If that doesn't work, then disregard the suggestion and let's get back on track.
Super Mega Awesome Pimp! wrote:That wasn't an argument against me at all! It was a suggestion, and I was declining it!
Still, that suggestion would seriously benefit you a lot. Please read over it again before saying no and including an face with sunglasses.
Scarecrow wrote:How in the hell have I been anti-town at all, much less as anti-town as possible?
I really don't need to go over that, let alone other people. However, the main reason for this is your ego. I could do the same thing and post an picture of an donkey's ass at you as a response. But I'm not because that doesn't contribute to anything in the game.
Strawman wrote:Are you screwing with me? You just got done saying exactly that ego was scummy because it shows I don't want people on my side!
Completely misinteperated what hasdfgas was saying.

BTW, I called Super Awesome Mega Pimp! these names:

Super Mega Awesome Pimp!, Strawman, and Scarecrow.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

I'll give everyone a cookie if the mass quote striping and bullshit arguments stop.

@SSBF:
Putting extra effort into making your posts a tad harder to read seems like a questionable use of time.

In closing we need moar MSSK votes.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:33 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:You know what? I'm going to purposely mess with Super Mega Awesome Pimp! username up until he stops being an *******. Starting with this post.
hasdfgas wrote:that sounds rather condescending, honestly. I've been here nearly 3 years, I know how this works. The forum ate it. I was using a word program.
I can understand. However, before posting, I suggest copying your entire work (If you don't know how, do CTRL+C) just in case it does eat your work. If that doesn't work, then disregard the suggestion and let's get back on track.
DUDE, that was exactly what I didn't like about your last post discussing this. You're being incredibly condescending again. Please cut it out, it's incredibly rude. I'm not joking. I know how to use a computer, I'm a comp sci major, which, while it's not a be-all, end-all, means I do have some knowledge about computer-y things.
hasdgfas wrote:Wow, great strawman. That was not what I said at all.
Are you screwing with me? You just got done saying
exactly
that ego was scummy because it shows I don't want people on my side!
And you said that I was using SSBF not calling you awesome as my argument towards your arrogance. It wasn't, it was your entire demeanor.
TheButtonmen wrote:I'll give everyone a cookie if the mass quote striping and bullshit arguments stop.
mass quote striping? Example of what you mean and why it's bad please?
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:21 pm

ConfidAnon wrote:Arrogance. Antagonistic attitude. Seems like you want to start a fight.
I have NEVER done either of the latter two this game!

Arrogance? Fine, you can call my ego whatever you want, but it's still not anti-town.
ConfidAnon wrote:Regardless of alignment, you aren't helping us
BULL. SHIT. Whether you like my attitude or not, I have contributed to finding scum and you cannot deny that.
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:You know what? I'm going to purposely mess with Super Mega Awesome Pimp! username up until he stops being an *******. Starting with this post.
Now THERE'S an antagonistic attitude for you.
SSBF wrote:Still, that suggestion would seriously benefit you a lot. Please read over it again before saying no and including an face with sunglasses.
I mentioned I lurked through and flaked out of a few games before coming here. That's not only what I did before I started using an ego, it's actually the very reason I started using it! So no, it wouldn't benefit me to give it up.
SSBF wrote:I really don't need to go over that, let alone other people. However, the main reason for this is your ego. I could do the same thing and post an picture of an donkey's ass at you as a response. But I'm not because that doesn't contribute to anything in the game.
:roll: I have NEVER done anything even remotely like responding to legitimate posts with pictures of buttocks. All of my responses have been actual responses to the thing I'm responding to.
SSBF wrote:Completely misinteperated what hasdfgas was saying.
"Arrogance [...] just won't work as a town member, as you need people on your side." is EXACTLY what he said.

EXACTLY.

hasdgfas wrote:And you said that I was using SSBF not calling you awesome as my argument towards your arrogance. It wasn't, it was your entire demeanor.
My entire demeanor really isn't all that arrogant, in fact, my reaction to SSBF's random vote was the ONLY egotistical thing I had done at the time, so it's really the only thing you could have been talking about!

Seriously... what the FUCK is going on here? I mention once I have a relatively big ego and now suddenly everyone's acting like every single thing I've ever posted was something along the lines of "Well fuck you dumbass, I'm right and you're wrong!" Can we all PLEASE cut this shit out and treat my posts like they're, y'know, still what I actually posted?
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:01 pm

Post by Elias_the_thief »

TheButtonmen wrote:I'll give everyone a cookie if the mass quote striping and bullshit arguments stop.

@SSBF:
Putting extra effort into making your posts a tad harder to read seems like a questionable use of time.

In closing we need moar MSSK votes.
You gave me a homework assignment, remember? I finished it. It'd be super duper special awesome if you responded to it. I might even give you a cookie. And I'm with you on the "bullshit arguments" point. I'm also a tad confused by "quote striping".

Having an ego is one giant nulltell as far as I'm concerned. I can be an arrogant asshole when I want to be, but this really doesn't have anything to do with alignment; just what mood I happen to be in. I mean, without a decent meta, there's just no way to really call this a tell one way or another. This whole argument is basically deteriorating into a screaming match and an insultfest. Though it really didn't start out as much better than that. Can we cut it out, or at least cool it down before it gets too personal? There's no reason this argument needs to be so heated.
I play the games rul gud.
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:29 pm

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

Super Smash Bros. Fan, post #155 wrote:
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:5. If we've gather no more information toDay and you were the deciding vote, who would you vote based off of what we have?
Based off what we have, I would say rover9000.
Super Smash Bros. Fan, post #155 wrote:I'm finding Shattered Viewpoint, Super Awesome Mega Pimp!, and JDodge suspicious.
Super Smash Bros. Fan, post #155 wrote:Given that we're finally in an serious discussion, I think I'll
Vote: Super Awesome Mega Pimp!
So, based off of the information you have currently, you'd vote for rover9000. But then, you don't list rover in your list of suspicious players. Then you
actually
cast a vote for SAMP!

Care to explain this discrepancy?
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:You misspelled "tunneling."
Oh wow. He hasn't even attempted to refute my case on him and he's already whining about tunneling!

Wait. Hold the phone. You have a CASE on me? That stuff must be invisible cuz I haven't seen it.

Oh wait -- you demanded I respond to
another player
for something that wasn't even worthy of response. Riiight.
Yes it's worthy of response. You had to have some motive in voting the mod, and knowing that motive helps everyone else determine your alignment. It might not be strong evidence but that's how the game starts out. There's really no reason for my request to annoy you the way it did if you're town.
Your request wasn't what annoyed me. Your attitude is what I found rather annoying. I felt you were out of line advising me on how to play the game. I am trying to phrase this so that it doesn't seem like a personal attack. I just think that you need to put a little more effort into teamwork. Unless, of course, you're scum, in which case: Get Lynched. Oh, and as for a motive: It. Was. A. JOKE.
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:Okay -- question for you. Granted, you feel I'm scummiest right now. Who's your second suspect? There's gotta be at least two mafia in this game.
hasdgfas seems to be coasting on a weak vote.
Nine words? That's all the effort you're going to put into non-tunneling scumhunting?
ConfidAnon wrote:Regardless of alignment, you aren't helping us
BULL. SHIT. Whether you like my attitude or not, I have contributed to finding scum and you cannot deny that.
To be fair, until someone dies and we discover what alignment they were, you cannot say you've "contributed to finding scum." You've only contributed a vote.

Also, please count me into the "quote-striping" Confusion Group. (Do you mean walls-o-text like this one? If so, I can break it into many smaller posts.)
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:43 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

I meant to post here but another game I posted in first has made me rather annoyed and I doubt I would resist adding to the pile of annoyance in this game currently so I will remove myself from posting till tomorrow.

A Domani,

Shotty.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:53 pm

Shattered Viewpoint wrote:Your request wasn't what annoyed me. Your attitude is what I found rather annoying. I felt you were out of line advising me on how to play the game. I am trying to phrase this so that it doesn't seem like a personal attack. I just think that you need to put a little more effort into teamwork. Unless, of course, you're scum, in which case: Get Lynched. Oh, and as for a motive: It. Was. A. JOKE.
Okay, I believe this.

And to clear this up, my aim wasn't to advise you on how to play the game, it was to demand your reaction so I could analyze it (hence my vote). I didn't realize it sounded condescending, sorry.
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:Okay -- question for you. Granted, you feel I'm scummiest right now. Who's your second suspect? There's gotta be at least two mafia in this game.
hasdgfas seems to be coasting on a weak vote.
Nine words? That's all the effort you're going to put into non-tunneling scumhunting?
Yeah, I focus my efforts on my top suspect. My next suspect, I burn that bridge when I get to it.
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:To be fair, until someone dies and we discover what alignment they were, you cannot say you've "contributed to finding scum." You've only contributed a vote.
That's why I say "I've contributed to finding scum" and not "I've found scum". Even if I tunnel on a player who flips town, the information from this can help in the later days. Which is why Confid is completely off base in saying I'm not helping town.

Unvote.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:52 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Super Awesome Mega Pimp!, 189 wrote:I have NEVER done either of the latter two this game!

Arrogance? Fine, you can call my ego whatever you want, but it's still not anti-town.
Having an ego is not antitown, but letting the ego interfere with the game is. When several people are pointing out that there's a problem, they're probably right.
Super Smash Bros. Fan, 186 wrote:You know what? I'm going to purposely mess with Super Mega Awesome Pimp! username up until he stops being an *******. Starting with this post.
Not gonna help.
Shattered Viewpoint, 191 wrote:So, based off of the information you have currently, you'd vote for rover9000. But then, you don't list rover in your list of suspicious players. Then you actually cast a vote for SAMP!

Care to explain this discrepancy?
I'd like to see an answer to this.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:49 am

Post by hasdgfas »

hasdgfas wrote:And you said that I was using SSBF not calling you awesome as my argument towards your arrogance. It wasn't, it was your entire demeanor.
My entire demeanor really isn't all that arrogant, in fact, my reaction to SSBF's random vote was the ONLY egotistical thing I had done at the time, so it's really the only thing you could have been talking about!
I could go through all your posts picking out the arrogance, but that's not going to help anything right now, as you're currently not my top suspect. I think it's time to defuse the situation, so I'm going to cut that line of discussion, at least from my end.

@SAMP: Tunneling is bad news bears. You can't ignore the scumminess of people who aren't your top suspect, because that makes it really easy to let scum coast by.

ConfidAnon is still not contributing anything useful to the game.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:57 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

SAMP is a VI imo, that being said there are worse lynches right now.

E the T is pro-town

SSBF is too focused on SAMP to see the big picture. If button wasn't scum I'd probably vote SSBF.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:11 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

hasdgfas, 195 wrote:ConfidAnon is still not contributing anything useful to the game.
By your requirements, what will I have to do to be deemed useful?

How is bringing up the possibility of SAMP being an alt not useful? An experienced player playing his way should be judged differently than a newer player.

And also, how is my saying arrogance is not a scumtell not useful? I am arguing my viewpoint over whether someone's behavior is scummy. (Current ruling: extremely anti-town, but not neccessarily scummy.)
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:23 am

ConfidAnon wrote:
Super Awesome Mega Pimp!, 189 wrote:I have NEVER done either of the latter two this game!

Having an ego is not antitown, but letting the ego interfere with the game is. When several people are pointing out that there's a problem, they're probably right.
:| I'm NOT letting it interfere with this game! I've been looking for scum, I've responded seriously to everything asked of me, and even when I disagree strongly with what someone else was saying, even when it pisses me off, I've always treated the person saying it with respect just like I'd like them to treat me! I have no idea, NONE, why anyone thinks I'm not doing or haven't done any of these things because I am and I have!!!
hasdgfas wrote:I could go through all your posts picking out the arrogance, but that's not going to help anything right now, as you're currently not my top suspect. I think it's time to defuse the situation, so I'm going to cut that line of discussion, at least from my end.
I can agree to that.
hasdgfas wrote:@SAMP: Tunneling is bad news bears. You can't ignore the scumminess of people who aren't your top suspect, because that makes it really easy to let scum coast by.
Well, yeah, I certainly don't ignore everyone else. I just don't care to post much about who my second and third suspects and so on are, particularly early on, because they're very likely to change by the time I need to decide who to suspect next. When my reads become stronger I start talking about them more, but until then I focus my posts on my top suspect. Case in point, when I answered Shattered's question my next suspect was you, but now it isn't:

Vote: TheButtonmen

For someone who said that IIOA is worse than nothing, looking through his iso I don't see any analysis at all.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:14 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Sorry for my recent inactivity.Up until yesterday, it was active lurking. Yesterday though, my grandmother got really really sick and is now in the ICU and not in stable condition. So I will try and participate but will be
VLA
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”