mini 958: Just Another Mafia Problem - GAME OVER!

rover9000
rover9000
Townie
rover9000
Townie
Townie

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:03 am

Post by rover9000 »

DAMNIT! I KEEP DOUBLE POSTING!

sorry :oops:
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:16 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

You can't link ongoing games no matter if you're dead or not.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:58 am

Post by magnus_orion »

rover9000 wrote:
MOD: Are we allowed to link to ongoing games in this thread?
No
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:38 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Shattered Viewpoint, 128 wrote:I find it totally fascinating that you're asking me something I've already clearly answered. Not just answered -- but answered before you even asked. (I knew someone would.)

Skim much, scum?
Fail. Your right, I skimmed to check if you had asked before that and missed it because it was in between some quotes.

My bad. While that point is now moot, I still don't like the transition over to the wagon competing against your own this early in the day.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:23 am

Post by Elias_the_thief »

TheButtonmen wrote:
@Elias_the_thief:
I didn't refuse to answer a question? I refused to apoligise for voting MSSK, if he thinks that it's scummy and defending JDodge I'm okay with it.
TheButtonmen wrote: @Shotty: Your question has been noted and subsequently ignored for making no sense.
orly?
Shotty wrote: Moar votes please.
Elias_the_Thief wrote: While I REALLY don't like Button's refusal to answer your question, why exactly is this a scumtell? Doesn't this basically necessitate JDodge and Button being scumpartners? And if so, why haven't you expressed any suspicion about JDodge?

Also, to be fair, the scumtell that SSK sees is, in fact, JDodge's vote. Therefore, SSK was "focusing on a vote", technically.
Moar answering this please. Less pushing wagon without further argumentation.
I play the games rul gud.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

I just realize that I haven't been useful to the game recently, so I need to say something.

Basically, this post will be an massive quote-post of the event.

First off, I'll answer questions that I asked earlier in the game:
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:1. What previous experience do you have with Mafia games?
I play Mafia games on both Smash World Forums and here. Basically, I've played in nine Mafia games so far overall, with an 10th one coming up in Smash World Forums, just to summerize it up. If you want more information, check out my Wiki.
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:2. How would you describe your playstyle?
I can't truly define it yet, but I'm trying to take an aggressive, but careful approach toward the game. Sounds difficult, but hopefully not impossible.
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:3. What would you consider your best Mafia game and your worst?
I've only completed two Mafia games, which are Smash Bros. Mafia and Newbie Mafia 5 on Smash World Forums. My worst would be Smash Bros. Mafia. I was inactive towards part of Day 1, my posts consisted of major contradictions, hypocritical arguments, and all that other bad stuff. That game was terrible for me and I honestly hope it doesn't happen again.

Newbie Mafia 5 went a lot smoother thought and I did a lot better this time around. I had much better confidence in myself and I did great, managed to live until endgamed.

However, I don't feel like I've made much improvements.
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:4. Do you prefer Random Question Stage or Random Voting Stage and why?
Both are great ways to get a game started, but I prefer Random Question Stage. It can gather more information out of the players, allows less oppertunities for an uninformed or mislynches, and is actually semi-serious.
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:5. If we've gather no more information toDay and you were the deciding vote, who would you vote based off of what we have?
Based off what we have, I would say rover9000.
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:6. What time zone are you and when do you post?
I'm in the Central Time Zone. During school days, I might be able to post very early in the morning between 6:30 AM-7:03 AM. After school, it would be from 5:00 PM-9:30 PM. Saturday is whenever and Sunday is from 1:00 PM-9:30 PM.
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:7. Do you get nervous before posting?
Yes I do. I'm not exactly the best player here and doesn't really have much confidence in most games. That is starting to improve, thought.
rover9000 wrote:
vote: No Lynch

cuz i can.
I know this is an random vote, but I don't think you should vote for an No Lynch at all, unless we come to an situation when it is the best option (Rare case).
Super Awesome Mega Pimp! wrote:
Vote: SSBF

I'm extremely awesome, lynch all liars!
Tell me that was not an OMGUS vote on me.
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:
Vote: magnus_orion
Your vote is inefficent. It's not going to work on him since he's not playing.
Socrates wrote:I am interested to see where Has goes with his vote.
Ummm, I think hasdgfas was actually kind of serious with his first vote.
JDodge wrote:LOOK AT ME I HAVE REASONING

NO YOU CAN'T SEE
You're trying to make an random response to an serious response. Yeah hasdgfas should have explained his vote, but he did say it wasn't random.
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:I'll stop if he stops.
He could have done the same thing to you and it could have gone on for days. We would gather near zero information on a lynch.
ConfidAnon wrote:Seriously?

Already an argument?

Seriously?
In this game, anything gathers information, so let's take it with an grain of salt and realize that it adds something to the game.
Super Awesome Mega Pimp! wrote:Voting, 'cause it actually works.
True, but so does RQS. Look at Newbie Mafia 934. We got off to an good start with Random Question Stage.
JDodge wrote:Now, if someone were to vote on page 15 with just "not random", how would you expect people to react? Why should we let people skate by just because it's page 2?
You do have a point, but I think it's okay to random vote in Page 3, when we don't have much substances or discussions going on.
Super Awesome Mega Pimp! wrote:I think you should respond to this.

Unvote, Vote: Shattered Viewpoint
That is not your responsibility. Don't ask people to respond to quotes that isn't yours unless it's a question they skipped.
Vote: SAMP!

Happy now?
That feels really forced and felt like you're taking an request from Super Mega Awesome Pimp! Why did you do this?
Super Awesome Mega Pimp! wrote:The request I made of SV is reasonable. Asking people to explain their actions is an extremely common part of the game. So when he gets all bent outta shape about me telling him what to do 'cause I wanted to know his reaction to Elias's vote, it tells me he's annoyed at being looked at, which is of course a scum motivation.

Is that explanation explanationy enough for you?
That wasn't what I was looking for. You asked him to respond to something that didn't belong to you or wasn't a question. If Elias wanted Shattered Viewpoint to respond, then he would have asked him to do that.
Super Awesome Mega Pimp! wrote:Not until five more players vote for you!
This is scummy to me. You're basically making an almost random response to him. If you are dissatified with his vote on him, at least try to explain.
TheButtomen wrote:Lynch all lurkers is good, Lynch all Liars has too many corner cases for me to really go into depth about in a non MD thread.
This can be dangerous. Just because a person lurks doesn't mean he deserves a lynch. If someone is playing scummy vs. a lurker with a null read, you'd probably go with the former, right?

I'm finding Shattered Viewpoint, Super Awesome Mega Pimp!, and JDodge suspicious.

JDodge: His totally unecessary theory discussion which I heard was counterproductive.

Shattered Viewpoint: Mod vote, getting into an even more useless argument then the theory argument, and his forced vote on Super Mega Awesome Pimp!

Super Awesome Mega Pimp!: Currently my top suspect in this game. His OMGUS on me, asking people to response to non-questions that isn't his, and made some really scummy posts. I also didn't like his semi-random response to Shattered Viewpoint vote on him.

Given that we're finally in an serious discussion, I think I'll
Vote: Super Awesome Mega Pimp!
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:40 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Elias_the_thief wrote:
TheButtonmen wrote:
@Elias_the_thief:
I didn't refuse to answer a question? I refused to apoligise for voting MSSK, if he thinks that it's scummy and defending JDodge I'm okay with it.
TheButtonmen wrote: @Shotty: Your question has been noted and subsequently ignored for making no sense.
orly?
That would be correct, I responded to his question by saying it makes no sense and moving on.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:54 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

Votecount 3 (Day 1)

1. ConfidAnon
(0):
2. Elias_the_thief
(0):
3. hasdgfas
(0):
4. JDodge
(0):
5. MafiaSSK
(2):
TheButtonmen
JDodge

6. rover9000
(0):
7. Shattered Viewpoint
(3):
Elias_the_thief
Super Awesome Mega Pimp!
ConfidAnon

8. Shotty to the Body
(1):
hasdgfas

9. Socrates
(0):
10. Super Awesome Mega Pimp!
(4):,
MafiaSSK
Shattered Viewpoint
rover9000
Super Smash Bros. Fan

11. Super Smash Bros. Fan
(1):
Socrates

12. TheButtonmen
(1):
Shotty to the Body

Not Voting
(0):

Deadline is May 10, 6:30 PM EST
with 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:42 pm

TheButtonmen wrote:
Elias_the_thief wrote:
TheButtonmen wrote:
@Elias_the_thief:
orly?
That would be correct, I responded to his question by saying it makes no sense and moving on.
His question makes perfect sense. Theres absolutely no reason you can't answer it, or at least explain how it doesn't make sense. What you're doing is refusing to answer a question.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

@Elias:
He's demanding I explain why I'm defending JDodge, Your homework should you chose to accept it is to ISO me and explain to me wtf he's talking about. If his question does indeed make perfect sense this should not be difficult.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:58 pm

TheButtonmen wrote:
@Elias:
He's demanding I explain why I'm defending JDodge, Your homework should you chose to accept it is to ISO me and explain to me wtf he's talking about. If his question does indeed make perfect sense this should not be difficult.
Your attack a vote on JDodge. I'm not sure why you're having difficulty understanding how that can be perceived as defending JDodge. Theyre not exactly the same, but to not see where he's coming from is pretty ridiculous. I mean, your choice to narrow in on that and attack wasn't any less odd than MSSK's choice to narrow in on that vote. The phrase "going out on a limb" is actually perfect.
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:05 pm

Post by Super Awesome Mega Zord! »

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:Tell me that was not an OMGUS vote on me.
:evil: Policy dictates that anyone denying my awesomeness must be voted. Call it OMGUS, I don't care.
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:Newbie 934
is still ongoing, so you really shouldn't be talking about it :|
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:That is not your responsibility. Don't ask people to respond to quotes that isn't yours unless it's a question they skipped.
That's terrible advice that serves no purpose other than to stifle discussion, and I will never follow it.
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:That wasn't what I was looking for. You asked him to respond to something that didn't belong to you or wasn't a question. If Elias wanted Shattered Viewpoint to respond, then he would have asked him to do that.
What the hell. You're acting like Elias invented suspecting Shattered and took out a bloody patent on it and now I have to get his express written consent to reproduce it in any form. Sorry, Mafia doesn't work that way.
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:This is scummy to me. You're basically making an almost random response to him. If you are dissatified with his vote on him, at least try to explain.
How in the WORLD do you not understand the meaning of that post. I THINK SHATTERED IS SCUM THEREFORE I WANT HIM LYNCHED it's not that hard jeez
8-) You can call me Mad Cool Ballin' King! for short. 8-)
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:37 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Elias_the_thief wrote:
Elias_the_Thief wrote: While I REALLY don't like Button's refusal to answer your question, why exactly is this a scumtell? Doesn't this basically necessitate JDodge and Button being scumpartners? And if so, why haven't you expressed any suspicion about JDodge?

Also, to be fair, the scumtell that SSK sees is, in fact, JDodge's vote. Therefore, SSK was "focusing on a vote", technically.
Moar answering this please. Less pushing wagon without further argumentation.
Apologies missed the question portions of this. Defending someone else for no reason is scummy, in this case it seems like he's tunneling MSSK and is disagreeing with anything he says which I don't like. I'm probably not wording this properly, but it sets off alarm bells in my head. It could also mean that Jdodge is mafia, but that's a moot point until we have button's alignment so there's no reason to speculate yet.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:20 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Catch up time(was inactive due to homework procrastinating):
JDodge
JDodge wrote:
Shotty to the Body wrote:Because page 2 is a totally different world than page 15? You just give this speech about how circumstances should be what we determine acceptability by and then say that we should ignore the huge circumstantial differences between pages 2 and 15. Whether you like it or not there is a certain zone at the beginning of the game where voting for little to no reason is perfectly acceptable and in fact expected of players so we can begin to generate content. If we replaced that with super serious late day play day 1 would like this.

vote atila the hun cuz i dont like barbarians

look at the roman's scummy voting lets lynch him

k
Awwww, you're like me circa 2008 :3

Yes, there are huge circumstantial differences between pages 2 and 15. That is completely irrelevant to my point, which is that if a vote has a reason,
you should state your reason
. There is no such thing as a vote with no reason to it - randomness is a reason, not liking a person (MEMEME) is a reason, anything is a reason. Not giving a reason is pointless - any "reactions" you get are going to be less than if you'd just stated your reason beforehand. All you're going to get is a bunch of minor psychological feedback that has minimal relevance to anything more than whether or not someone is bothered by it.
This is wrong using a ni-unto definitive tell. It's called buddying/coaching.JDodge is committing this tell by 1, using a smiley face to the direct person and implying that they are like JDodge. This gives the person happiness and likes JDodge better despite their own beliefs. To add on to this, JDodge begins coaching Shotty on what to do. He gives advice as to the reason why its long. This nurtures the buddying while still seeming town. You can see the result of it in the following post by Shotty:
Shotty to the Body wrote:Night starts problem solved. =P
. Shotty uses a smiley face that accepts that JDodge seems town in every which way.
JDodge wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:
JDodge wrote:
cow wrote:3) I was planning to give it, I just wanted to see reactions.
What reactions did you see, and why was this important to your methodology?
I saw you calling me out and I saw Elias and socrates wondering why I voted. It's important to how I'm playing because I want to see how people react to things. I really wanted to wait for rover, but I sensed tension from more than just you regarding that vote, and I figured "wait for rover" wouldn't have worked at that point.
So your motivation for revealing it when you did was that you were worried it would bring heat upon you, right? (Note: This is in and of itself not an incriminating question; self-preservation isn't just a scum thing tbh)
Could you please expand on this last part on how self-preservation isn't just a scum thing? All anti-town factions want to stay together as long as they can.

Hascow
hasdgfas wrote:
Shotty to the Body wrote:So was there any real reason beyond 'gauging reactions' or was that it?
I have said this twice now, please read. I don't like people voting for no lynch, even in "RVS"

Right now I do have some thoughts, but thoughts on that right now is useless, IMO. I need more gameplay to work from. It's part of a whole, those reactions.
Says he has thoughts on who is scum but discourages saying them. This could be a sign of wanting to appear town without actually giving any evidence to back it up. He also notes that he has feelings about players but never casts a vote or even a fos on anyone.

Elias
Elias_the_thief wrote:
ConfidAnon wrote:
Elias_the_thief, 88 wrote:Hey guys, I would just like to take a moment to point out how useless this theory conversation is. Regardless of whether or not the RVS exists, proving it one way or another certainly doesn't find scum, its simply divides the players into "right" and "wrong". So what say we move on? Those of you who feel the RVS exists probably also feel that we're out of it at this point anyhow.
I completely agree with this.
its cool you agree and all, but how exactly is this post any more useful to the game then the theory conversation I was just discouraging?
It's cool that you discourages a useless comment and all but how in the world will that one comment effect anything in the game at all? You seem to be wanting to get a slow build-up of unofficial scumhunting cred.
Elias_the_thief wrote:
JDodge wrote:
Elias wrote:Hey guys, I would just like to take a moment to point out how useless this theory conversation is. Regardless of whether or not the RVS exists, proving it one way or another certainly doesn't find scum, its simply divides the players into "right" and "wrong". So what say we move on? Those of you who feel the RVS exists probably also feel that we're out of it at this point anyhow.
It's more helpful than your nothing!
I've already lynched four mafiosos while you were debating.

Seriously though, as far as someone can do something on page 4 day 1, I've been doing something. And even if I were doing nothing, your theoretical argument is worse than nothing. At least "nothing" doesn't make a whole lot of noise that can be lurked through.
Another useless post that won't effect the game whatsoever by Elias!' Elias also commits hypocrisy here. JDodge has been asking questions and attempting to find scum in nearly every post. You however have not.
FOS

Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:Oh look, it's Question Time!

@ConfidAnon: What do you think about Elias still voting for me even though he's admitted that another player is more anti-town than I? (I ask this because you seem so enamored of Elias' desire to put the RVS/RQS discussion to rest.)

@rover9000: What is your opinion on .... well, anything that's happened so far?

@Shotty: Why is your vote still on SSBF?

@Socrates: You seem to be voting SSBF due to his use of the 'OMGUS.' Correct? Also, three of your five posts thus far are focused on SSBF. Is he truly the player that you feel is scummiest?

@SSBF: Aside from you trying to direct my play in this game, you haven't contributed much. Could you start on that, please?

@TheButtonmen: What are you views on Lynch all Liars and Lynch all Lurkers?
Why all these questions without a FOS or a vote? Why do you not attach quotes to any of them? This can be seen as blanket questions which can give automatic town cred to SV without doing any actual prefernncing of who is scum.

SSBF
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:@rover9000:
FoMS (Finger of Minor Suspicion): rover9000

Do not put anyone at L-2 this early. We have over two weeks of discussion left, doing so this early is dangerous. Some uninformed player could accidently lynch Super Mega Awesome Pimp! right now.

I'm not going to risk this, so I'll
Unvote
This has to be the most ridiculous thing I'ev ever seen. If scum quickhammer this early in the game, they wlil both be lynched the next few days. The fact that you decide that L2 is dangerous is pointless this early and a fail attempt to get town cred.

Shotty
Shotty to the Body wrote:
TheButtonmen wrote:
@Elias_the_thief:
Moar votes please.
Eagerness to lynch. We have about 2 weeks to deadline and he says he wants more votes on Buttonmen. Buttonmen has committed a very weak scumtell if it can be called a scumtell at all and he still wants a lynch. It's too aggressive for this early.

TLDR;
Top scumdog of this post goes to JDodge. The scumtells he has committed are successful buddying and lynch derailing by using theory discussion to sidetrack the scum tell discussion.
Unvote,vote JDodge

Second to top scumdog is Hascow. His lack of active scumhunting but saying he has scumhunted without actually saying how.n His vote still remains on his page 3 vote from the beginning without much more reasoning behind it having been given.

Now to address a key point that will almost undoubtedly be argued within my post. I use gaining town cred but failing as it as a basis for nearly all of the tells I have said in this post. I am solely going off the basis that scum will want to gain as much town cred as they can as much as they can. Since they will want to do this overly much, this means they will go overboard with it and usually fail with it. Town on the other hand will not have to work and try and get town cred. Thus they do not try and thus they do not fail and even if they do try they still do not fail.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:50 pm

MafiaSSK wrote:
Elias
Elias_the_thief wrote:
ConfidAnon wrote:
Elias_the_thief, 88 wrote:Hey guys, I would just like to take a moment to point out how useless this theory conversation is. Regardless of whether or not the RVS exists, proving it one way or another certainly doesn't find scum, its simply divides the players into "right" and "wrong". So what say we move on? Those of you who feel the RVS exists probably also feel that we're out of it at this point anyhow.
I completely agree with this.
its cool you agree and all, but how exactly is this post any more useful to the game then the theory conversation I was just discouraging?
It's cool that you discourages a useless comment and all but how in the world will that one comment effect anything in the game at all? You seem to be wanting to get a slow build-up of unofficial scumhunting cred.
Well, if the comment was successful, it would derail the theory discussion, which is harmful to scumhunting. And no. I'm not trying to get a "slow build-up of scumhunting". I'm trying to get people contributing and talking about relevant things. confidanon's post contributed nothing, as he was just agreeing with me. So I called him on it, hoping to get more out of him.
MafiaSSK wrote:
Elias_the_thief wrote:
JDodge wrote:
Elias wrote:Hey guys, I would just like to take a moment to point out how useless this theory conversation is. Regardless of whether or not the RVS exists, proving it one way or another certainly doesn't find scum, its simply divides the players into "right" and "wrong". So what say we move on? Those of you who feel the RVS exists probably also feel that we're out of it at this point anyhow.
It's more helpful than your nothing!
I've already lynched four mafiosos while you were debating.

Seriously though, as far as someone can do something on page 4 day 1, I've been doing something. And even if I were doing nothing, your theoretical argument is worse than nothing. At least "nothing" doesn't make a whole lot of noise that can be lurked through.
Another useless post that won't effect the game whatsoever by Elias!' Elias also commits hypocrisy here. JDodge has been asking questions and attempting to find scum in nearly every post. You however have not.
FOS
That didn't effect the game at all? Says the guy who literally just been posting for the past couple pages? Ok. First of all, it was a response to an attack on my contribution to the game. Its called
discussion
. I attack the value of theory discussion, JDodge attacks my contribution, I defend myself, and so on.

Also, JDodge has been attempting to find scum in nearly every post? You mean the guy you're voting for sidetracking discussion, buddying up, and derailing lynches? Generally people I feel are trying to find scum in every post are not people I try to get lynched, but maybe thats just me
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:56 pm

ebwodp: says the guy who literally just *HASNT* been posting

Overall, not too impressed with your analysis. Thats a very weak case for buddying (smilies? really?), Shottys request for "moar votes" was obviously just a humorous way of saying that buttons posts were making him more suspicious, and you think shattered is scummy for not conforming and saying FOS. It seems like your entire analysis is trying too hard, which is ironically what one of your own top tells is.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:50 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

@MafiaSSK: That is an good analysis, but I do find problem with these things.
MafiaSSK wrote:JDodge has been asking questions and attempting to find scum in nearly every post.
Then why was he a main factor in the theory discussion?

Then you contradict yourself with this:
JDodge wrote:TLDR; Top scumdog of this post goes to JDodge. The scumtells he has committed are successful buddying and lynch derailing by using theory discussion to sidetrack the scum tell discussion.
Unvote,vote JDodge
You said that he was asking questions and scum hunting in nearly every posts, but then you say that he commited buddying and lynch derailing by using theory discussion.
rover9000
rover9000
Townie
rover9000
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:21 am

Post by rover9000 »

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
rover9000 wrote:
vote: No Lynch

cuz i can.
I know this is an random vote, but I don't think you should vote for an No Lynch at all, unless we come to an situation when it is the best option (Rare case).
Vote: SSBF

I'm extremely awesome, lynch all liars!
Tell me that was not an OMGUS vote on me.
Vote: magnus_orion
Your vote is inefficent. It's not going to work on him since he's not playing.
I really think that you are COMPLETELY missing the point of the Random Vote Stage.

My vote was a reaction test. I did not approve of a No-Lynch, but I wanted to see how people would react, if anyone would try to bandwagon me for it, etc.

SAMP's vote was not OMGUS because it is not a serious vote. Your logic for his vote was "you are not awesome". This is not a serious reason; he did not interpret it as serious. He voted for you because "[he's] extremely awesome". His vote wasn't ACTUALLY defending himself, he was using his random vote for a random reason.

Shattered Viewpoint's vote against the mod was not attempting to "be efficient". It was just a joke, like most random votes are.

Also, what is the "Random Question Stage"? I've never seen that in ANY game I've ever played in.
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:17 am

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

:evil: Policy dictates that anyone denying my awesomeness must be voted. Call it OMGUS, I don't care.
You seriously need to get over yourself.
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:Newbie 934
is still ongoing, so you really shouldn't be talking about it :|
QFT.
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:You misspelled "tunneling."
Oh wow. He hasn't even attempted to refute my case on him and he's already whining about tunneling!

Wait. Hold the phone. You have a CASE on me? That stuff must be invisible cuz I haven't seen it.

Oh wait -- you demanded I respond to
another player
for something that wasn't even worthy of response. Riiight.

Okay -- question for you. Granted, you feel I'm scummiest right now. Who's your second suspect? There's gotta be at least two mafia in this game.
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
Vote: SAMP!

Happy now?
That feels really forced and felt like you're taking an request from Super Mega Awesome Pimp! Why did you do this?
There seemed to be a general consensus that my not voting was anti-town. I was especially getting pressure from SAMP! [and so, my vote
could
rightfully be seen as OMGUS] so I placed my vote on the player I thought was acting the scummiest. That was SAMP!
MafiaSSK wrote:
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:Oh look, it's Question Time!

@ConfidAnon: What do you think about Elias still voting for me even though he's admitted that another player is more anti-town than I? (I ask this because you seem so enamored of Elias' desire to put the RVS/RQS discussion to rest.)

@rover9000: What is your opinion on .... well, anything that's happened so far?

@Shotty: Why is your vote still on SSBF?

@Socrates: You seem to be voting SSBF due to his use of the 'OMGUS.' Correct? Also, three of your five posts thus far are focused on SSBF. Is he truly the player that you feel is scummiest?

@SSBF: Aside from you trying to direct my play in this game, you haven't contributed much. Could you start on that, please?

@TheButtonmen: What are you views on Lynch all Liars and Lynch all Lurkers?
Why all these questions without a FOS or a vote? Why do you not attach quotes to any of them? This can be seen as blanket questions which can give automatic town cred to SV without doing any actual prefernncing of who is scum.
I am rather careful with my vote, especially on Day 1. While most players seem to value the "power" of throwing their vote around, using pressure tactics &c., I like to wait until I have found someone who is truly worthy of my vote. I am currently voting, as I have found a suspect.
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:12 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

I've been skimming this game, and for that I apologize.

Unvote.

Shattered Viewpoint looks better to me after I've fully read the thread =P.

I just saw his vote out of context.

SAMP: How long have you been playing on MS? Mafia in general?
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:08 am

Having an ego kicks ass, try it some time. :D
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:You misspelled "tunneling."
Oh wow. He hasn't even attempted to refute my case on him and he's already whining about tunneling!

Wait. Hold the phone. You have a CASE on me? That stuff must be invisible cuz I haven't seen it.

Oh wait -- you demanded I respond to
another player
for something that wasn't even worthy of response. Riiight.
Yes it's worthy of response. You had to have some motive in voting the mod, and knowing that motive helps everyone else determine your alignment. It might not be strong evidence but that's how the game starts out. There's really no reason for my request to annoy you the way it did if you're town.
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:Okay -- question for you. Granted, you feel I'm scummiest right now. Who's your second suspect? There's gotta be at least two mafia in this game.
hasdgfas seems to be coasting on a weak vote.
ConfidAnon wrote:SAMP: How long have you been playing on MS? Mafia in general?
I've played here since mid-February. Before I signed up to MS I joined two forum games and then abandoned them 'cause I was nervous, and played one chat game where I was too timid to say anything and got NKed the first night.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:16 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

wow, my post last night totally didn't go through. dang it. that changes things.

Here's the gist of my post that didn't go through:
SSBF's 155 is a lot of fluff with very little substance. Nearly all of it was things that had been commented on and it attempted to look helpful while just taking us backwards in the game. It was also a vote for him. I'm going to catch up before deciding whether that still fits.

-----------------------------------------------------------
SSK is misrepping me in his analysis. I never said I had thoughts on who was scum. I said I had insights to alignment. I also said I couldn't use them without more info. Just because I have more thoughts doesn't mean I have to vote.
Having an ego kicks ass, try it some time. :D
It's also scummy. You're not better than the town. In fact, having too much of an ego, such as you, is a sign of scum, because it's a sign of arrogance. Arrogance that you can trick the town, arrogance that you're better than everyone, which just won't work as a town member, as you need people on your side.
FoS

ConfidAnon wrote:I've been skimming this game, and for that I apologize.

Unvote.

Shattered Viewpoint looks better to me after I've fully read the thread =P.

I just saw his vote out of context.

SAMP: How long have you been playing on MS? Mafia in general?
How does this help the game at all? SAMP has a join date, you should ask him that. In addition, I'm still not sure why you feel better about Shattered Viewpoint. Why should this make me feel you're not just skimming the thread? I don''t see anything to make me feel better about you.
unvote vote: ConfidAnon

Bring more to the game please, not useless comments. There's no analysis, there's not really any sort of substance.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:25 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

hasdgfas, 171 wrote:How does this help the game at all? SAMP has a join date, you should ask him that. In addition, I'm still not sure why you feel better about Shattered Viewpoint. Why should this make me feel you're not just skimming the thread? I don''t see anything to make me feel better about you.
unvote vote: ConfidAnon
Bring more to the game please, not useless comments. There's no analysis, there's not really any sort of substance.
Certainly.

I asked Super Mega Awesome Pimp! how long he has been playing because his play seems really scatter-brained, characteristic of a newer player. Didn't think to look at the join date. I'm leaning newer town on SMAP, but it's not a 100% confident read.

Shattered Viewpoint's vote switch was scummy, but he has protown posts (asking questions, contributing to discussion) to back it up. Both town and scum commit scumtells, and as of right now, I think his town points outweigh his scum points.
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:51 pm

hasdgfas wrote:
Super Awesome Mega Pimp! wrote: Having an ego kicks ass, try it some time. :D
It's also scummy. You're not better than the town. In fact, having too much of an ego, such as you, is a sign of scum, because it's a sign of arrogance. Arrogance that you can trick the town, arrogance that you're better than everyone, which just won't work as a town member, as you need people on your side.
FoS
:? So because I voted SSBF for calling me not awesome, that indicates I don't need people on my side? WTF?

I seriously have no idea how someone can notice that I chose to name myself "Super Awesome Mega Pimp!" when I signed up here, and come to the conclusion that my ego is based on my alignment in this game.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

hasdfgas, 171 wrote:It's also scummy. You're not better than the town. In fact, having too much of an ego, such as you, is a sign of scum, because it's a sign of arrogance. Arrogance that you can trick the town, arrogance that you're better than everyone, which just won't work as a town member, as you need people on your side. FoS
This IS bad. There are arrogant townies and arrogant scum members.

And why don't scum need people on their side?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”