Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:41 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Zachrulez wrote:Hmmm, I've been seeing DDD as town, but I haven't really ever been able to reason much as to why. He's been under the radar for the most part over the entire game, and
I don't really understand his distrust of Vi
beyond the fact that the scummiest players who are most likely to make endgame should they avoid being lynched may also be likely to vote Vi in an endgame scenario.
Let's see, she was pushing a bandwagon with maybe two or other three people voicing support for it on day one within a day of deadline. If we assume Vi scum then it would've been a perfect opportunity to force either a no lynch or make someone else hammer a townie. Then on D2 she makes minor comments about being suspicious of Jahudo and then goes in a complete opposite direction and drives hard for what would be a likely town lynch.

It's textbook scum play, D1 bus to gain town cred as the town seems headed for a town lynch but Vi got her hand caught with her hand in the cookie jar. The next day you don't want to bus your partner because then you're the only scum left and town has a massive advantage with two straight scum lynches but don't want to defend your partner so you state minor suspicion of them and try to secure a town lynch.

Now she's not the only one that you can put together such a narrative for, I could easily put the same thing together for hohum, reck, and you but because I can do that, those are the people I'm suspicious of. I literally could not do that for sotty or Amished and I doubt anyone could do that same for me. Combine that with the fact that she's easily the best player out of the suspicious list and well, if this were a Supreme Court case we'd be applying "strict scrutiny" to her and not blithely assuming she's town.

~~~

I agree with Amished, I would've been willing to hammer hohum no matter what my feelings are for him because if I assume Zach's role is a pro-town role then there are three people I believe who could be scum and we have three lynches. I want the requested information to hit the board and to lynch people on that list.

~~~

I absolutely know house cat's smarter than reck.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

He laughed harshly.
"You want
paper
, shiteyes? I'll give you some goddamn paper.
Yeah!
I'll give you
writing
, you asshole! If you think you're a goddamn writer, get ready to drop to your knees."

Then he lifted the crumpled pages up to his eyes and started to read, but I cut him off.

"What
is
that stuff?"
I asked.
"Give it to me."

He smiled disdainfully and jerked the papers out of my grasp.
"
Stuff
?"
he said.
"You call this
stuff
?"

Votecount 4-3
:

hohum ~ L-3 (hohum)

xRECKONERx ~ L-3 (Amished)

Not Voting: Vi, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Sotty7, xRECKONERx, Zachrulez

With
alive, it takes
to lynch. Deadline is May 7 at roughly 8 a.m. (GMT-4)
Last edited by VP Baltar on Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:41 pm

Post by Amished »

Ahh, DDD. I both love that you read the game the same way that I do, but it's for that reason that I have a hard time distinguishing a playing of me or not. However; it'd be stupid to try to play me with with all the animosity. Well, that confirms it for me, I definitely agree with you about Sotty; and I don't see Zach's role being a scum role either. We can go through everybody else at this point I think.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:58 pm

Amished wrote:Ahh, DDD. I both love that you read the game the same way that I do, but it's for that reason that I have a hard time distinguishing a playing of me or not.
However; it'd be stupid to try to play me with with all the animosity.
???
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:24 am

Post by Amished »

@DDD: All the people who have me at the top of their scumlists. Why would you choose me (if you were scum) to play when there's quite a few people that want to see me lynched within the next 2 days rather than go with all of them and have yourself a mislynch target since whoever the scum is they have to be getting pretty desperate at this point.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:23 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Amished Post 984 wrote:Also, I like how xRx is deciding not to vote for hohum (for my alleged slip or what the fuck ever you want to take my comment out of context as) but isn't voting for me because of the slip and how sure he is about it.

Vote: xRECKONERx
Out of context? You said you thought hohum would flip town, why would you hammer if that was true. Why not push someone else?
Amished Post 986 wrote:I'm so right, I can feel it. I gave you {xRx} an easy out to follow me before, and you did it.

Zach, remind you of yourself when I caught your scumbuddy raven in that newbie game at all?
Now you want us to believe this was a
plan
of yours? I thought Reck took you out of context?

Triple D, are you saying Amished town because of wagon placement?
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:10 am

Post by Amished »

Sotty: I think that hohum is town. It's gut more than anything and there's not much reasoning behind it. Therefore I'd be comfortable using a chance on him in case I'm wrong about my gut.

The latter quote does not relate to the former quote. The latter refers back to Day 2 when xRx followed me onto Jahudo for basically no reason at all.

No, my name is not "Ed."
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:46 am

Post by hohum »

Side track for a second:

I have an idea. I think we can clear Zach without doing much harm to the town.

Let's keep talking and decide on a lynch target without voting. Then let's run our lynch target up to a point where he's at the top of the mod's lynch list and allow Zach to end the day. We get our lynch and a confirmed townie.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:14 am

Post by Amished »

Read rule #4 again, Ho

No, my name is not "Ed."
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:18 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Hmm.

I'm just gonna sit back now because I'm not gonna actively contribute to a game where I'm getting personally attacked and insulted. Fuck off, DDD, you arrogant son of a bitch.
green shirt thursdays
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by Vi »

Posting before prod.

I've skimmed what I missed (in all its lack of glory) and truthfully nothing's standing out as particularly solid except that my I-guess-Zach-is-Town read has become more solid. I'll try again in the morning.

@Amished: I thought it was Jack because I got to the thread a few minutes after the thread re-opened, and Jack had already posted with a :? .
Aside from how it resembled the JEEPtell "congratulating the Doctor", ten minutes is a fairly small window and the number of people who would have been around at the time is limited.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:35 pm

Post by Amished »

Ahh, makes sense.

Mind voting for xRx who I don't think I've seen be actively unhelpful as town rather than his typical random chaotic sometimes lazy town-self?

No, my name is not "Ed."
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:52 pm

Vote: xRECKONERx

I certainly don't mind.

I'll get to Sotty's question tomorrow.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:16 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Amished wrote:Ahh, makes sense.

Mind voting for xRx who I don't think I've seen be actively unhelpful as town rather than his typical random chaotic sometimes lazy town-self?
What makes you think this isn't my chaotic sometimes lazy town-self?

Oh, and lemme add again: fuck you DDD.
green shirt thursdays
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:14 pm

Post by hohum »

xRECKONERx wrote: Oh, and lemme add again: fuck you DDD.
You need to stop whining.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:30 am

Post by Amished »

Cause right now you're just being sort of a crybaby. Other times I've seen you you haven't gone off the handle this much.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:29 am

Sotty7 wrote:Triple D, are you saying Amished town because of wagon placement?
What you can't just trust me? Third on the Jahudo wagon certainly helps his cause. I think the bigger thing is that very early on day two Jahudo jumped on his wagon early. I just don't see scum's first instinct being to bus their other partner after bussing their first partner on day one. A cross bus in that position would just be ridiculous.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:37 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Which would give him badly needed town cred after the way his predecessor opposed an Orto lynch.

Also, I don't buy that busses necessarily tend to come at the tail end of wagons. If a bandwagon has a decent chance of resulting in a scum lynch, I'd actually expect earlier votes to be busses, mainly because that's exactly how town cred is gained.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:43 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Vote: DDD

kthx
green shirt thursdays
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:27 am

Zachrulez wrote:Which would give him badly needed town cred after the way his predecessor opposed an Orto lynch.

Also, I don't buy that busses necessarily tend to come at the tail end of wagons. If a bandwagon has a decent chance of resulting in a scum lynch, I'd actually expect earlier votes to be busses, mainly because that's exactly how town cred is gained.
So after a successful lynch and absolutely no time to plan because of your ten minute night you're suggesting that scum would start the next day and immediately cross-bus. That's a risky and aggressive move even if scum had time to plan it; it's seems ludicrous to me to assume that would be scum's first instinct coming off losing an ally.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:24 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:Triple D, are you saying Amished town because of wagon placement?
What you can't just trust me? Third on the Jahudo wagon certainly helps his cause. I think the bigger thing is that very early on day two Jahudo jumped on his wagon early. I just don't see scum's first instinct being to bus their other partner after bussing their first partner on day one. A cross bus in that position would just be ridiculous.
Never trust a man that says trust me.

But... I guess you have a point with the cross bus. Jahudo jumped on Amished at a critical point in day two in what felt like an action out of nowhere at the time. Cross bussing does sound a bit far fetched, but I'm not willing to rule it completely out. You touch on it, the night was short scum were very likely failing around. I'm just having a hard time letting go of all the Locke/Ort stuff from day one. I really wish Locke was still with us, because it is easy for Amished to dismiss all that now.

Reck, are you voting for Triple D because of his attack on you?

hohum, why doesn't the lack of a counter claim clear Zach in your eyes? Everyone has checked in and a 10min night after a scum lynch doesn't feel like a scum power use. Also are you going to scum hunt or are you just leaving your vote on yourself all day?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:38 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

No, I'm voting for DDD for reasons I expressed in my previous post before DDD cranked up the asshattery to 11.
green shirt thursdays
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:39 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Keeping things in context. Jahudo joined an Amished wagon after Sotty, myself, and Ekim voted for Locke with strong feelings that he was scum. At that point Jahudo could have looked at the situation and considered Amished a lost cause.

As to the point about immediately cross bussing, I find that argument a bit... alarming actually as the window of time they were cross bussing was actually pretty brief toward the end of the day. Amished flipped his vote to Jahudo as momentum was building on that wagon as it was also becoming clear that his Percy wagon wasn't going anywhere.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:51 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Vote: hohum

Part process of elimination and part not liking hohum's placement on the wagons. Not voting day one, hammering out of self preservation day two, now he is voting himself for no real reason. It feels like a bluff.

My gut says we lynch hohum we won't need to worry about Amished and that player slot's motivations because it will be game over.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:57 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I could be down for a Hohum or DDD lynch actually based on what I've read.

My gut is twitching a bit at the idea of voting Amished today after the arguments that DDD made for his innocence.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”