SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:07 am

Post by SpyreX »

So I threw up a fat 80's playlist and spent the last couple hours re-reading this game. Good god.

Papa Zito I accept the initiation of Unbreakable Alliance: The Anti-Meta Coalition with the following terms and members:

1.) Cyberbob
2.) Sociopath
3.) J-scope
4.) Starbuck

The only new term is this: No meta. None. This is a plague this game that must be removed even more so than normal.

----

THAT SAID:

This is the list of players that are going to be the dead ASAP:

1.) SPS
2.) SensFan
3.) CKD
4.) Anon

Additionally, one of (Jack / Budja / Icerint) is scum. SHOCK AND AWE I am starting to not think its Jack (gut says Ice by a tiny margin).

I'm itchy on both KMD and Ooba. The rest is a morass of blah.

---

Additonally, after thinking about the pieces of information we've been given and this setup as a whole: there is probably only one scumgroup that has two kills.

This is the balance against the revive mechanic. AND explains the not seeing the group ability BUT being able to out a scum (the other kill).

I'm not sure if we have 2 vigs or a vig and an SK. But, that can wait.

---

This happens today.

Unvote, Vote: SPS

Vote Count 3 - 06: Lynch

Steam-Powered Shovel - 2 - Jack, SpyreX
xvart - 2 - Iecerint, Kmd4390
Iecerint -
- SocioPath, Cyberbob, Starbuck, Papa Zito
Jack - 1 - Steam-Powered Shovel
Kmd4390 - 2 - farside22, curiouskarmadog
Papa Zito - 1 - Budja
Budja - 1 - xvart

Not Voting (5): MehPlusRawr, Anon, SensFan, Cobalt, ooba

With 18 players alive it'll take 10 to lynch and 9 to no-Lynch.
[
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:20 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

I thought I voted for SPS last page, fail on my part.
Vote: SPS
I think I'm back. Mafiascum just became 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:25 am

Post by Steam-Powered Shovel »

kmd wrote:Zito is town because he PM'd Plum to complain about his reads. He wouldn't do it as scum and I doubt he'd lie about it expecting someone to see it as a towntell. So Zito is confirmed town.
God, you're naïve (alternatively: scum).
SpyreX wrote:Additionally, one of (Jack / Budja / Icerint) is scum.
Exactly one?
SpyreX wrote:Additonally, after thinking about the pieces of information we've been given and this setup as a whole: there is probably only one scumgroup that has two kills.
I tend to disagree. Thematically, I'd expect a Morgoth-Sauron-Werewolves side and a Feanor's sons side (Curufin and Celegorm play a significant role in the story.) It wouldn't be the same without either. And having elfscum would help balance the revive-mechanic.
The great advantage of the tiger in unarmed combat is that he eats not only the raspberry-laden foe but also the raspberries.
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:30 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

Steam-Powered Shovel wrote: I tend to disagree. Thematically, I'd expect a Morgoth-Sauron-Werewolves side and a Feanor's sons side (Curufin and Celegorm play a significant role in the story.) It wouldn't be the same without either. And having elfscum would help balance the revive-mechanic.
Looks like IIOA...
I think I'm back. Mafiascum just became 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:47 am

Post by Cyberbob »

I asked about the SPS wagon all the way back on Page 26 and got this from Iece:
Having just reread him in iso: he comes out of RVS by joining the unexplained policy lynch on SF. Then he benchsits through the first part of the game. Joins the wagon on Jack without providing reasoning. Pulls meta defense to address questions related to his behavior. Then he lampshades Jack's fake daykill on you. In short, his behavior has ranged from vacuous to anti-town (at best) all game
Does this cover the case adequately or is there more to it? If that's all there is then I would agree that he's scummy but I would disagree that he is OMG SO OBVIOUSLY SCUM - I think there are definitely better lynch targets than him at the moment.

The worst thing on there is the self-metaing (which to be fair is actually pretty bad) but I don't know if it's enough for a vote. Am I missing anything? If so I'll read through his posts in isolation (I despise the term "iso" and all other grizzled-mafia-veteran jargon) and see what's what.

Normally I wouldn't ask but everyone else appears to be seeing something I'm not.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:04 pm

Post by Steam-Powered Shovel »

MehPlusRawr wrote:
Steam-Powered Shovel wrote: I tend to disagree. Thematically, I'd expect a Morgoth-Sauron-Werewolves side and a Feanor's sons side (Curufin and Celegorm play a significant role in the story.) It wouldn't be the same without either. And having elfscum would help balance the revive-mechanic.
Looks like IIOA...
Setup speculation =/= IIoA. And IIoA is a made-up tell anyway.
Cyberbob wrote:The worst thing on there is the self-metaing (which to be fair is actually pretty bad)
If the case against you is bandwagonning and you're known for bandwagonning, then why wouldn't you bring up your meta? That I don't want to be lynched over my playstyle doesn't say anything about my alignment,

Iecerint did bring up the daykillreactionthing later (so the case was more than just bandwagonning), but that was stupid then and is stupid now. (The daykill trick is so damn old. And if the very act of reacting is considered scummy, then why would I, if scum, need to warn my scumbuddies? They could just, *gasp*, not react to it if they were unsure.)
The great advantage of the tiger in unarmed combat is that he eats not only the raspberry-laden foe but also the raspberries.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

spry?

I am scum?

why is that? first i have heard that from you....give me a couple reasons so we can banter.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:38 pm

also spry, please assign the kills last night..you can guess, I am just curious.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:38 pm

sry for triple post..when I say assign, I mean what was SK, Vig, Mafia, other?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by xvart »

Cobalt wrote:is anyone else not feeling the usual minty-fresh obvtown aura spyrex usually exudes?
Which might give more credibility to Drippereth's post.
Kmd4390 wrote:re
vote xvart
. Just realized I had a bad reason for unvoting.
Reasoning for voting? It sounds like you are still satisfied with the D1 case or is there more to it now?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by SpyreX »

You're scum. Not in that classic "I've got this real solid feeling" like I do with the first two BUT more of a "You're here and reaallly haven't done anything. Not even really lurking, just not doin' stuff" kinda way.

As for the kills?
J-Scope - Scum
Drippereth - Scum
Elsca - Vig
Nacho - Now this one I'm not sure of. I leeaannn vig or MAYBE an SK picking a low-profile target.
Show

Proud member of BaM
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:08 pm

Post by farside22 »

Still doing reads in iso. I'm sorry I'm not further ahead work has been just terrible.

CKD: post 661 why the vote on SPS?
POST 715 this is super scummy. Considering that there may not be a flip you want to lynch Jscope without further info.
post 719 sudden change from no where.
post 726 you really need to explain post 715 at this point
post 766 why is it between FFF and jscop when Ooba already claimed he saw no one target me with any abilities?
Why did you vote Kmd?

I have a feeling looking at Ckd in iso I may want to read what dripp had to say. I don't like Ckd's play day 2 on the FFF views. I felt like some of his post were coaching FFF example
Plus he obviously saw FFF was caught in a lie but still withheld his vote on FFF till much later.
I'm not liking CKD's play thus far.

Cyberbob: post 180 Why not pressure kmd to find out which it is?
Post 210 I don't like the vote on cobalt here. Seems more like wanting to lynch a lurker then finding something really scummy about him.
post 240 please point to these connections.
I really don't know why you kept your vote on cobalt all of day 1 with the ice interaction.
post 541 poor reasoning.
cyber wrote:At the time I was trying to put pressure on Cobalt to post content; I tend to stick with pressure votes (it kind of defeats the purpose if you show that you're easily persuaded to unvote) unless either a) it becomes obvious that nobody else is on board or b) something particularly voteworthy happens elsewhere. Iecerint was being more of an annoying pest than actually being outright scummy. I think someone said that our argument was basically two townies coming to blows; that's pretty much how it felt to me as well.
and yet you switched so easily to the elf wagon. Bravo

As of day 2: What happened to the ice/cobalt connection?
Day 2 feels blah and day 3 just more blah.

I would swear that reading cyber he was making a case on Ice most of day 1 while keeping a vote on cobalt: Oh wait that did happen. That just makes no sense. Then his reason for keeping it there but then switching to elf looks opportunistly scummy.
All the sudden Cyber loses his memory of day 1 attacks Esc and now voting on ice.

In short cyber feels all sorts of off to me.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:11 pm

Post by Cobalt »

welcome to my case since page 3
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

farside22 wrote:Cyberbob: post 180 Why not pressure kmd to find out which it is?
I thought I was pressuring him? There was no way in hell that I was ever going to vote him or whatever else over something that I was more confused by than suspicious of.
farside22 wrote:Post 210 I don't like the vote on cobalt here. Seems more like wanting to lynch a lurker then finding something really scummy about him.
I don't think he's lurking in the sense that he's merely inactive, I think he's actively posting as little content as he thinks he can get away with - which is incredibly scummy. He must have been lynched a whole shitload of times before he managed to entrench this horrible playstyle as a nulltell in people's heads.
farside22 wrote:post 240 please point to these connections.
Post 214, Post 218, Post 230 and Post 233.

I refuse to be any more specific until you direct a similar thirst for content at Cobalt rather than actively defending him.
farside22 wrote:I really don't know why you kept your vote on cobalt all of day 1 with the ice interaction.
Well, my reasons wer-
farside22 wrote:post 541 poor reasoning.
Oh, OK.
farside22 wrote:and yet you switched so easily to the elf wagon. Bravo
"Easily"

laffo. By the time the xofelf wagon was looking viable it was abundantly clear to me that everyone was deadset on ignoring Cobalt.
farside22 wrote:As of day 2: What happened to the ice/cobalt connection?
Day 2 feels blah and day 3 just more blah.[/quote]
k00l
farside22 wrote:I would swear that reading cyber he was making a case on Ice most of day 1 while keeping a vote on cobalt: Oh wait that did happen. That just makes no sense. Then his reason for keeping it there but then switching to elf looks opportunistly scummy.
farside22 wrote:t;farside22"]All the sudden Cyber loses his memory of day 1 attacks Esc and now voting on ice.
This sentence is missing a few words between "day 1" and "attacks Esc". It seriously doesn't make sense.
farside22 wrote:In short cyber feels all sorts of off to me.
k

------------------------------------------------------------
Cobalt wrote:
How many times were you lynched for this horrible playstyle before you somehow managed to get it entrenched as a nulltell? You have done zip to push your "case" on me apart from a couple of HE'S SCUM OKAY one-liners.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

farside22 wrote:Cyberbob: post 180 Why not pressure kmd to find out which it is?
I thought I was pressuring him? There was no way in hell that I was ever going to vote him or whatever else over something that I was more confused by than suspicious of.
farside22 wrote:Post 210 I don't like the vote on cobalt here. Seems more like wanting to lynch a lurker then finding something really scummy about him.
I don't think he's lurking in the sense that he's merely inactive, I think he's actively posting as little content as he thinks he can get away with - which is incredibly scummy. He must have been lynched a whole shitload of times before he managed to entrench this horrible playstyle as a nulltell in people's heads.
farside22 wrote:post 240 please point to these connections.
Post 214, Post 218, Post 230 and Post 233.

I refuse to be any more specific until you direct a similar thirst for content at Cobalt rather than actively defending him.
farside22 wrote:I really don't know why you kept your vote on cobalt all of day 1 with the ice interaction.
Well, my reasons wer-
farside22 wrote:post 541 poor reasoning.
Oh, OK.
farside22 wrote:and yet you switched so easily to the elf wagon. Bravo
"Easily"

laffo. By the time the xofelf wagon was looking viable it was abundantly clear to me that everyone was deadset on ignoring Cobalt.
farside22 wrote:As of day 2: What happened to the ice/cobalt connection?
Day 2 feels blah and day 3 just more blah.[/quote]
k00l
farside22 wrote:I would swear that reading cyber he was making a case on Ice most of day 1 while keeping a vote on cobalt: Oh wait that did happen. That just makes no sense. Then his reason for keeping it there but then switching to elf looks opportunistly scummy.
nice 1
farside22 wrote:All the sudden Cyber loses his memory of day 1 attacks Esc and now voting on ice.
This sentence is missing a few words between "day 1" and "attacks Esc". It seriously doesn't make sense.
farside22 wrote:In short cyber feels all sorts of off to me.
k

------------------------------------------------------------
Cobalt wrote:
How many times were you lynched for this horrible playstyle before you somehow managed to get it entrenched as a nulltell? You have done zip to push your "case" on me apart from a couple of HE'S SCUM OKAY one-liners.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Both of those posts have screwed up quote tags but I think the second one's mistake is more benign.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:55 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

SpyreX wrote:Papa Zito I accept the initiation of Unbreakable Alliance: The Anti-Meta Coalition
Hallelujah!
SpyreX wrote:with the following terms and members:
2.) Sociopath
Ehhhhhh

Why?
SpyreX wrote:The only new term is this: No meta. None. This is a plague this game that must be removed even more so than normal.
Done.

More info forthcoming, please hold.
curiouskarmadog wrote:also spry, please assign the kills last night..you can guess, I am just curious.
Elscouta - vig
Nachomamma - vig
Drippereth - SK
J-Scope - scum

Why did you ask this?
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:44 pm

quick semi-drunk post.

will respond to farside's post (if she wants me to) though I dont feel like those "really scummy" posts werent scummy at all. will explain later..\

I was curious what spy would say...to me..the jscope kill was an obvious scum kill, Els...a vig hit, was curious if he would say different and why.

also, disappointed that SPy didnt back up his "you are scum" post with anything, but find it interesting that Far comes out of no where (much like spy) with a CKD is scummish post right after I ask SPy to explain....rub anyone else strange?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:37 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I can't back up you are scum with anything because you have done nothing.

In fact, it is the absence of anything that is the reason that you are scum.

@Zito:

I'm actually MORE confident in Socio being town than you or, well, anyone but Cyber. ;)
Show

Proud member of BaM
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:59 am

Post by Budja »

@xvart, 1. you
were
misrepping me, 2. Drip was calling out pretty much everyone on the wagon, 3. town-feeling on you is from you recent posts and really does surprised me. Note that it doesn't really even out to a town-read, just stops me from revoting you ATM.

---
Also, why the meta hate? I don't know if I've asked this before but I don't get it. (@SpyreX, Zito, simular-minded people)
---
I was going to question the SPS case. I don't mind his recent posts but in ISO, IIoA just about covers all of his posting. So..wagon.
unvote, vote: SPS

(CKD gives me a bad feeling although I suspect that is skewed by the fact he is recently posting (as in a lurker who is semi-active at this time).)
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:20 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Budja wrote:Also, why the meta hate? I don't know if I've asked this before but I don't get it. (@SpyreX, Zito, simular-minded people)
It's far too easy to manipulate and/or deliberately play to one's meta IMO for it to ever be a very strong tool in either scumhunting or defending oneself. Personal nulltells can sometimes be an exception (everyone has their idiosyncrasies, some of which could be found to be scummy by people who haven't played much with them).

Also: what is IIoA? Apparently that's become the new lynchpin in the SPS wagon, which must make it something of import. Nobody answered my other questions back in Post 1029 about that wagon, by the way.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:33 am

spy, far, and bud all in the same page out of no where..

this is the strangest nonwagon ever...

is this because I brought up the fact that people should be reviving jscope, and I wanted those who werent voting for him to explain why? Am I making people angry?

Spy and Bud, both are saying that they are getting scum vibes off me for lurker reasons.....too easy kids, you cant just say that to leave yourself open to jump on a possible future wagon....

Spy and Bud, farside has posted some posts of mine she feels are scummy....do you agree with her...do you feel they are scummy too?..why or why not? if you do agree with her, why not mention them as well when saying I am scummy for no reason?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:10 am

Post by Starbuck »

So when was the last time we heard from Sens? Now that elf flipped village, he is very high on my suspect list.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:33 am

Post by farside22 »

CKD I had one link I found scummy and reading your other views I want you to explain the scummy post. I had a few questions too. Drunk post noted.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:33 am

Post by Anon »

Had a stupidily busy week. And yes I know this is like the 1000th time I post a lame bold vla post but dont worry. Tonight. For sure.
Stats: W/L/D

Town: 7/3/0
Mafia: 4/2/0
Other: 0/2/0

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”