Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:36 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Gawd I'm hating this limited reveal nonsense.

I'm not super excited about reviving any of that lot, honestly.

destroy: FFFF

Vote Count 3 - 02: Lynch

Steam-Powered Shovel - 1 - Jack
xvart -
- Kmd4390, Iecerint
Iecerint - 1 - SocioPath, Cyberbob, Starbuck,
Jack - 1 - Steam-Powered Shovel,

Not Voting (13): farside22, MehPlusRawr, SpyreX, Papa Zito, xvart, Anon, curiouskarmadog, SensFan, Budja, Cobalt, ooba

With 18 players alive it'll take 10 to lynch and 9 to no-Lynch.

Vote Count 3 - 02: Revive

Drippereth - 1 - Kmd4390,
J-Scope -
- Iecerint, curiouskarmadog, Cyberbob, Steam-Powered Shovel, Starbuck, xvart, ooba

Not Voting (10): farside22, MehPlusRawr, SpyreX, Papa Zito, Anon, Jack, SensFan, Budja, Cobalt, SocioPath,

With 18 players alive it'll take 10 to revive. If a player has over 10 to Revive, the choice is locked in and that player will be revived and return to the game proper when the lynch resolves.

Vote Count 2 - 02: Destroy

FeFiFoFum -
- SpyreX, SocioPath, MehPlusRawr, Jack, ooba, Kmd4390, Iecerint, Cyberbob, Starbuck, Steam-Powered Shovel, curiouskarmadog, Papa Zito

Not Voting (6): farside22, xvart, Anon, SensFan, Budja, Cobalt,

With 18 players alive it'll take 10 to destroy. If a player has over 10 to Destroy, the choice is locked in and that player will move
Beyond the Circles of the World
when the lynch resolves.

FeFiFoFum
will move
Beyond the Circles of the World
when the lynch resolves. I will henceforth no longer note the Destroy count.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:04 am

Post by farside22 »

yay I'm back. So to answer a few questions. No I don't kill myself and I was not informed who killed me. Reading yesterday FFF was clearly lying.

Destroy: FFFF

I had a town read on Drip but I understand why most are bring back J-Scope.

vote: Kmd
So what's up with the actively lurking? What's with the vote on xvart? You have been really quiet and so far I'm not liking your play.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:18 am

Post by Starbuck »

Iecerint wrote:My definition of "active lurking" is not posting in one game while posting in other games. I agree that that is what xvart has done. I didn't use that phrase specifically at first because the circumstances are a little different ("active lurking" tends to imply that the preferential treatment of games takes place over an extended period of time, whereas this case refers to preferential treatment in 2 specific short-term instances).

In other words, I think his behavior is functionally equivalent to active lurking, and I agree that that is the scummy part.
What 2 specific short term instances?

His last legitimate post was on April 11th. He did not post again until April 18th which was "I will catch up later" and then he finally posted substance today. In grand total, that's 10 days! How is that not an extended period of time?
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:25 am

Post by xvart »

Iecerint wrote:The town response to my criticism would have been something like what Starbuck mentioned -- that you put this one off because it's a Large rather than a Mini.
Well, since your case on me was based on your scum playing habits I didn't really see the necessity of explaining my actual behavior and prioritizing strategy since it seemed irrelevant. I also didn't feel the need to justify your ridiculous case with "evidence" that I can't prove in game.
Starbuck wrote:Xvart - my one issue with you is that if you go V/LA. You are V/LA from all your games. You don't pick and choose.
Point taken. It was my intention to post in games (as I said in non-locked threads). I wasn't on a business trip or at a conference or at a funeral or anything like that. I was visiting my sister and thought I would have plenty of downtime, which turned out to not be the case.
Starbuck wrote:I did use msutils.net and see that you hadn't posted in this game since Sunday, April 11th, but you had enough time to post in your other games all last week, which was more than just posting in your Newbie game as you previously state. You have 19 posts in those other games before the Newbie one starts on Thursday.
This isn't what Iecerint is accusing me of and I want to make it clear before the two get muddled; but since you brought it up...

Here's the timeline of this game and my posting in it during the time in question:
April 9 - I posted at 2:14 pm
April 11 - I posted at 3:02 pm
Aprill 11 - I posted again at 11:00 pm
April 13 - Thread locked at 7:28 pm
April 15 - Announced V/LA in unlocked games at 3:15 pm
April 15 - Thread Unlocked at 7:09 pm
April 18 - I announced at 8:46 am that I would be back and post later that night.
April 18 - Thread locked at 7:00 pm
April 20 - Thread unlocked at 7:27 pm
April 20 - Posting resumed at 9:44 pm

So where was I active lurking? The times I posted up to the xoelf lynch, the times I was V/LA, or the times the thread was locked?

The only time I have had the ability to post and have not posted in this game for an extended period of time was when I was V/LA. You seem to imply that I was posting elsewhere (not just the newbie game) and not posting here. Check the 19 posts you are referring to and see if those timestamps fall into the locked thread times for this game.

preview edit:
farside22 wrote:yay I'm back. So to answer a few questions. No I don't kill myself and I was not informed who killed me. Reading yesterday FFF was clearly lying.
Was there any flavor in your kill notice?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:29 am

Post by Iecerint »

My recollection is that he posted in other games just before his V/LA, and he posted in other games just after his V/LA. He didn't post in this game immediately before the V/LA, and he didn't post in this game immediately after the V/LA (well, he says he was cut off by the thread closing, which is plausible, but he appears to have had a 1.5 hour window). Those are the two instances I'm referring to. Specifically, I'm talking about the 16th and then the 18th. Display the results as "posts" to see what I mean.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:33 am

Post by SensFan »

Catching up today. Just in case anyone hasn't seen it, mith just banned FFFF for being a Mufasa alt.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:33 am

Post by Starbuck »

You really want to combat this, xvart?

You had time between your post on the 11th and when the thread locked on the 13th. You have 6 posts in other games during this time.

You also had time between when the thread unlocked on the 15th and when it locked on the 18th. You had 2 posts on the 16th in other games.

Why would'nt you have stopped in here while you were on the site during those times?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:34 am

Post by ooba »

farside22 wrote:yay I'm back. So to answer a few questions. No I don't kill myself and I was not informed who killed me.
Okies. So either
a) There's some sort of kill in this game that I cannot watch
b) You're lying or haven't been told some part of your role
But I'd like to see FFFF's alignment before I make a judgment on this.

In other unrelated news, Nachomama is the only player not to post the entire of D2 (xvart posted in twilight) - but looking at his posts in other games at that time, he does quote limited access. Strange kill choice though - given that he's posted only 4 times in the game - would put him as a lover to one of the other three. Wonder how revival would work for lovers.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:35 am

Post by Starbuck »

Not all of those timestamps fall into when this thread was locked.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:37 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Iecerint wrote:

Revive: J-Scope
Why Jscope over Drip?
Iecerint wrote:Are you saying that you do not have that tendency?
I don't. The time I can think of that I had a lot of catching up to do in multiple games, the ones that got my attention first were those which I found most interesting or were the lightest read. Alignment had nothing to do with it.

Unvote
. This crap attack has me reconsidering.
curiouskarmadog wrote: KMD and Bob (and whoever voted to revive anyone else but J-scope) J-scope was forced to claim yesterday and we know he is some sort of power role. Then he is killed. Why are you voting anyone else to revive?
Oh shit, forgot all that.

Unrevive
if I can do that. Need to reread the part where we had some claims.
farside22 wrote:
vote: Kmd
So what's up with the actively lurking? What's with the vote on xvart? You have been really quiet and so far I'm not liking your play.
Actively lurking? My bad. Didn't think I was...

xvart had been scummy since the very beginning of the game and I'd like him lynched. Read my ISO for the original case then see his disappearing act yesterday (even if the v/la was legit and not a point against him, it still means I can't find anything new to add to the case because he wasn't here, so I have to go on his Day 1 actions).
SensFan wrote:Catching up today. Just in case anyone hasn't seen it, mith just banned FFFF for being a Mufasa alt.
So I guess he was honestly lying as town then.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:38 am

Post by xvart »

Iecerint wrote:My recollection is that he posted in other games just before his V/LA
This game was locked at the time.
Iecerint wrote:...and he posted in other games just after his V/LA.
This game was locked.
Iecerint wrote:He didn't post in this game immediately before the V/LA...
This game was locked.
Iecerint wrote:...and he didn't post in this game immediately after the V/LA (well, he says he was cut off by the thread closing, which is plausible, but he appears to have had a 1.5 hour window).
This game was locked. Check the post progression timestamp of the two games right before the time this thread was locked.

I posted in a game ten minutes before this game was locked and in another game 30 minutes before that.

xvart.

Do you see a pattern developing?
I only read quote walls.

ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:40 am

Post by ooba »

Kmd4390 wrote:
Unrevive
if I can do that. Need to reread the part where we had some claims.
I guess you can unrevive and undestroy.
Page one wrote:
Voting is the same as Lynch voting.
Once a majority to do either is reached, that choice is locked in until the lynch.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:41 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Ok, about Jscope, he never claimed anything that makes me go "oh, he's town", but the fact that he hinted at being a power role and is now dead is enough for me to assume he was killed by an anti-town faction. Problem is, the number of kills means multiple anti-town killing factions is probable.

Jack apparently knows JScope's ability and didn't vote to revive him. Either he sees it as non-town, IS non-town, or forgot.

Revive Drip

----------------

Also, looking at FFFFs' ISO, he openly said in this game that he was mufasa. Not sure how I missed that.

Nor how
I
missed that. Sorry everyone.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:47 am

Post by Jack »

Revive:J-scope
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:48 am

Post by Iecerint »

Your V/LA was the 16th through the 18th, right?

The thread opened on the 15th. You were perfectly able to post on the 16th, which is when you posted in the Newbie game you've indicated. That's instance 1.

I thought you'd last posted 1.5 hours before Plum's post where this thread was locked. That gave you adequate time to post IMO. My mistake if it was actually 10 minutes before. Still, you came here later than other games. But if 10-minutes-before checks out, that does weaken the other point a little. There's still the point that you saved this game for last, though.

Kmd, read Jack's post. He never actually voted to revive J, but he did passively list that J was the one to revive. Why he never bothered to outright revive him is anyone's guess, though.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:50 am

Post by Jack »

Iecerint wrote:Kmd, read Jack's post. He never actually voted to revive J, but he did passively list that J was the one to revive. Why he never bothered to outright revive him is anyone's guess, though.
I totally did...right above you...not reading to carefully ay??
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:51 am

Post by Papa Zito »

@Mod: Given the Mufasa/FFFF ban, can we wipe those destroy votes plz?

Also

vote: Iec
This is ridiculous.
Kappa
Just Monika
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:51 am

Post by Iecerint »

:P @ Jack
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:56 am

Post by Jack »

Steam-Powered Shovel wrote: Going to ISO Nachomamma and J-Scope to see who I'd rather see revived.
^^^^should be lynched
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:58 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Jack wrote:
Steam-Powered Shovel wrote: Going to ISO Nachomamma and J-Scope to see who I'd rather see revived.
^^^^should be lynched
+1

But Iec first.
Kappa
Just Monika
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:59 am

Post by Starbuck »

Unvote Destroy FFFF
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:10 am

Post by xvart »

Starbuck wrote:You had time between your post on the 11th and when the thread locked on the 13th. You have 6 posts in other games during this time.
I didn't have anything to say as the SensFan/Xoelf divorce court concluded.
Starbuck wrote:You also had time between when the thread unlocked on the 15th and when it locked on the 18th. You had 2 posts on the 16th in other games.
As I have said, I did have some time, but obviously not enough for every game, and not as much as I originally thought.
Starbuck wrote:Why would'nt you have stopped in here while you were on the site during those times?
Maybe because there was a cluster fuck of posting with a significant number of pages and I really didn't have the time?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:14 am

Post by Jack »

SocioPath wrote:I've been in a game where Iec has tried misconstruing V/LA's of mine purposely before.

He was scum in that game.

This looks to be more of the same.

Vote: Iec
This doesn't really look that similar, and apparently you were scum in that game too?

I don't get the case on Iec.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:27 am

Post by xvart »

Papa Zito wrote:
@Mod: Given the Mufasa/FFFF ban, can we wipe those destroy votes plz?
The point of destroy is knowing alignment/role name so I don't see how FFFF being banned would change anyone's opinion about destroying/knowing his alignment.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:32 am

Post by Iecerint »

^ We could get a full modkill on FFFF, and functionally pick up an extra reveal.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”