SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:02 pm

Post by SocioPath »

I've been in a game where Iec has tried misconstruing V/LA's of mine purposely before.

He was scum in that game.

This looks to be more of the same.

Vote: Iec

Vote Count 3 - 01: Lynch

Steam-Powered Shovel - 1 - Jack
xvart -
- Kmd4390, Iecerint
Iecerint - 1 - SocioPath

Not Voting (14): Starbuck, farside22, Steam-Powered Shovel, MehPlusRawr, SpyreX, Papa Zito, Cyberbob, xvart, Anon, curiouskarmadog, SensFan, Budja, Cobalt, ooba

With 18 players alive it'll take 10 to lynch and 9 to no-Lynch.

Vote Count 3 - 01: Revive

Drippereth -
- Kmd4390
J-Scope -
- Iecerint

Not Voting (16): Starbuck, farside22, Steam-Powered Shovel, MehPlusRawr, SpyreX, Papa Zito, Cyberbob, xvart, Anon, curiouskarmadog, Jack, SensFan, Budja, Cobalt, ooba, SocioPath,

With 18 players alive it'll take 10 to revive. If a player has over 10 to Revive, the choice is locked in and that player will be revived and return to the game proper when the lynch resolves.

Vote Count 2 - 01: Destroy

FeFiFoFum -
- SpyreX, SocioPath, MehPlusRawr, Jack, ooba, Kmd4390, Iecerint

Not Voting (11): Starbuck, farside22, Steam-Powered Shovel, Papa Zito, Cyberbob, xvart, Anon, curiouskarmadog, SensFan, Budja, Cobalt,

With 18 players alive it'll take 10 to destroy. If a player has over 10 to Destroy, the choice is locked in and that player will move
Beyond the Circles of the World
when the lynch resolves.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:21 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Yep, I think it's appropriate. My assumption is that most players tend to have that tendency. Are you saying that you do not have that tendency?

I don't have to make the other assumption at all, though I grant that that information would be helpful.

SP, what game are you talking about?
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:28 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:52 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Really Iec? Really?

This is bottom of the barrel stuff, even for you. Second-guessing other people's IRL situations based on your own idiosyncrasies is a ludicrous way to go about "scumhunting".
Vote: Iecerint

Destroy: FFFF

Revive: Drippereth
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:55 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Cyberbob wrote:This is bottom of the barrel stuff, even for you.
This shows it isn't:
SocioPath wrote:This game.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:31 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Sorry guys, I fell a bit behind. Also, when I came back to catch up on Monday, the thread was locked.

I definitely see why everyone switched to FFFF, had I been here, I would have done the same.

Also with the fact of xofelf flipping town, I am definitely sure that scum was behind that very opportunistic lynch.

@xvart -
xvart wrote:I'm thinking maybe we should destroy Escouta instead of FFFF.
Why?

Iecerint wrote:It's based on introspection. I personally have a habit of (barring special circumstances) avoiding my scumgames relative to my towngames. (I also ignore VT games relatively more, but your posts imply that that does not parsimoniously explain your behavior IMO.)

I'm not disputing that you posted relatively few times, or that your lack of access was legitimate. I'm pointing out that your time management choices reflect poorly on your alignment.
I think you are going a bit overboard with this, Iec. You can't hold what games someone catches up with first against them. I know that I normally save my big catch up games until later, especially if I am at work.

I do agree with the fact that he was gone for all of yesterday and that warrants suspicion, but not the order in which he caught up on his games.

You are reaching a lot with this issue.

Iecerint wrote:Yep, I think it's appropriate. My assumption is that most players tend to have that tendency. Are you saying that you do not have that tendency?

I don't have to make the other assumption at all, though I grant that that information would be helpful.
Let's look at the keyword in all of this...

ASSUMPTION

Vote: Iecerint
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:53 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Starbuck wrote:I know that I normally save my big catch up games until later, especially if I am at work.
That's a possibility, but you'll note that he didn't voice as much; he also didn't dispute the accuracy of my assumption, even if he attacked it for being an "assumption." For that matter, what do you have against assumptions? O.o

(It's a bit wrong of you to provide excuses for him prematurely, too. :?)

There's also the matter of the content of his posts, but I can't allude to those beyond acknowledging their existence without breaking site rules AFAIK. <_<
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:02 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Iecerint wrote:There's also the matter of the content of his posts, but I can't allude to those beyond acknowledging their existence without breaking site rules AFAIK. <_<
Let me put it this way, since you clearly don't seem to be getting it:

Using people's activity levels in other threads and subforums of this site as a platform for an attack is retarded except in the specific case of them being completely inactive and the point is being made that they aren't simply lurking. It's invasive and it's an absolute minefield of presumptuous speculation.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:16 pm

Post by Iecerint »

SocioPath wrote:This game.
You're comparing this to an RVS vote based on your being late to confirm? Huh?

@ CB, if your criticism is that I'm not in keeping with the spirit of the game ("invasive"), well, that's fine, but it doesn't affect the validity of my observation. Regarding the other ("presumptuous speculation"), the only lynch we have to analyze is xofelf's; there's not much information out there. Couple x's D1 business with avoiding this game in favor of others, and I think it's worth a vote.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:35 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Apparently, you didn't notice that I think his absence for an entire day warrants suspicion.

Whether you think I'm providing excuses for him or not, this is a distracting topic. It's not the fact that he was posting in other games. You are getting annoyed because he didn't catch up here first, rather than being suspicious of his active lurking in this game.

Also, what don't I have against assumptions? You should never assume anything.
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:44 pm

Post by Steam-Powered Shovel »

Vote: Jack

Going to ISO Nachomamma and J-Scope to see who I'd rather see revived.

I have no problem with Iecerint's argument. It's very weak, but he seems aware of that.
The great advantage of the tiger in unarmed combat is that he eats not only the raspberry-laden foe but also the raspberries.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:00 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Revive J-Scope
Destory FFFF

KMD and Bob (and whoever voted to revive anyone else but J-scope) J-scope was forced to claim yesterday and we know he is some sort of power role. Then he is killed. Why are you voting anyone else to revive?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:05 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

SpyreX wrote:Uhhhh I'm not enthused.

We need to decide on a single one to revive I think. I'm not sure if that means the other three become the dead dead or not though.
what is the point of "destory" then?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:05 am

Post by Iecerint »

Starbuck wrote:Apparently, you didn't notice that I think his absence for an entire day warrants suspicion.
If you don't think his posting pattern is scummy, why would it warrant suspicion? Do you think he's lying about visiting his sister altogether?

You pointed out that people might put off large games. This is problematic, because x hadn't yet provided specific excuses for having posted in other games rather than this one when he got a chance. (This is functionally the same tell as "active lurking.")

You have to make some assumptions to get anywhere in this game.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:06 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Oh, was he? I was just voting for Drippereth because I thought they were more protown in their posting than him; I must have missed that claim.

Unrevive Drippereth, Revive: J-Scope
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:08 am

Post by Iecerint »

EBWOP: Second CKD's point. I wish he'd asked them instead of giving away the punchline, though. :(
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:27 am

Post by Steam-Powered Shovel »

That's the kind of punchline you should give away, Iece, since not voting for J-Scope is only meaningful if the non-voter is aware of J-Scope's soft claim. And with all that's happened, it's not that weird that people forgot about it.

Revive: J-Scope
The great advantage of the tiger in unarmed combat is that he eats not only the raspberry-laden foe but also the raspberries.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:17 am

Post by Starbuck »

Iec, why are you trying so desperately to put words in my mouth?
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:25 am

Post by xvart »

Starbuck wrote:
xvart wrote:I'm thinking maybe we should destroy Escouta instead of FFFF.
Why?
Because I think that we will learn a lot more about the Elscouta flip than FFFF. FFFF's behavior, to me, seems like a lyncher. I just saw the exact same thing happen in a game that just finished (only it was successful). I think it is pretty clear that FFFF did not share the town win condition and I believe he had his own personal win condition so (if true) it would be much more difficult to sift through who was scum on his wagon. Since Escouta was also raising suspicion to people yesterday I am more interested in his flip and those people at the moment. I am also inclined to think that Escouta was a vig target last night based on the previous days events.
Iecerint wrote:That's a possibility, but you'll note that he didn't voice as much; he also didn't dispute the accuracy of my assumption, even if he attacked it for being an "assumption."
I didn't feel the need to voice my priority list of what games I respond to at what time because the foundation for your case is so ludicrous. You made a blanket statement about my posting habits based on your posting habits, which is flimsy at best. There could also be a thousand different reasons for posting in one game over another, none of which I can prove so what is the point? I didn't really feel like getting in a "he said/he said" debate about my unprovable motivations.

What is most concerning to you: the fact that I posted only in the newbie game instead of my others while having Limited Access or the fact that I responded to other games first when I got back?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:26 am

Post by xvart »

EBWOP:

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:40 am

Post by Iecerint »

Starbuck, what specifically are you disputing?

x, those two points are equally troubling in my view. They're scummy for the same reason that active lurking is scummy. The town response to my criticism would have been something like what Starbuck mentioned -- that you put this one off because it's a Large rather than a Mini. Since you didn't give it immediately and SB has jumped the gun, I agree that there's little use in bothering with the issue at this point.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:52 am

Post by Starbuck »

Xvart - my one issue with you is that if you go V/LA. You are V/LA from all your games. You don't pick and choose.

I did use msutils.net and see that you hadn't posted in this game since Sunday, April 11th, but you had enough time to post in your other games all last week, which was more than just posting in your Newbie game as you previously state. You have 19 posts in those other games before the Newbie one starts on Thursday.

You don't post anything after Friday, the 16th and offer your "I'll be back tonight and post then" posts in each of your games on Sunday, the 18th. You posted in your other games and didn't post here until today.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:54 am

Post by Starbuck »

Iecerint, I'm disputing the fact that you jumped on xvart NOT about his obvious active lurking, but about which game he was catching up with first.

It makes no sense!

Why are you jumping all over him about that when you should be jumping all over him about active lurking?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:11 am

Post by ooba »

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:17 am

Post by Iecerint »

My definition of "active lurking" is not posting in one game while posting in other games. I agree that that is what xvart has done. I didn't use that phrase specifically at first because the circumstances are a little different ("active lurking" tends to imply that the preferential treatment of games takes place over an extended period of time, whereas this case refers to preferential treatment in 2 specific short-term instances).

In other words, I think his behavior is functionally equivalent to active lurking, and I agree that that is the scummy part.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”