Riddle Me This! NY111 - mafia dead - Town wins!

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:11 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

I suppose they weren't "quick" - but Yos votes RGHP and then Quagmire follows not too far behind, reason being:
Quagmire wrote:unvote korts, vote RichardGHP

If Korts isn't going to get lynched today...
Somehow, my vote hop gets attention, and I'm the only one calling on Quagmire.

Driving back to work now, will follow up with players coming out of the woodwork after replacements/deadline extension.

Also, my "I'd be fine with lynching these people" list doesn't always mean I proactively think they're scum. Let the chastisement begin, I guess.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:55 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

OK, so after The Fonz and Yos replaced in, we had sparks of life come from Quag, scot, Anon, and izzy.

izzy's behavior later in the Day leads me to believe he's more town.

You all know my thoughts on Quagmire.

scot comes in and posts to berate the mipewagon and say he was sticking with RGHP. Does a little defense of himself. Not-so-town.

Anon also comes in saying he could support ksun without moving his vote with this comment. Not-so-town.

After rereading that point of the game, I can't see RGHPscum. The brashness and absolute venom he has for those attacking him (*cough*Yos) seems very townlike.

Also, I thought we had a deadline extension somewhere in there, but that wasn't truly the case. Mod set a deadline in spite of replacements. Makes the ksun swing more interesting now. Will do more digging after some more work.

Of that analysis, preferred order: Quag, scot/Anon, izzy.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:24 am

Post by RichardGHP »

@scotmany: Twist my words less please. I said we SHOULD analyse the night kills, never that I would actually do it.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:56 am

Post by dahill1 »

inHimshallibe wrote:After rereading that point of the game, I can't see RGHPscum. The brashness and absolute venom he has for those attacking him (*cough*Yos) seems very townlike.
Eh, I've seen (and felt) that same emotion as scum before as well. If I was scum and felt like someone's attacking me "for the wrong reasons" then I'd sure as hell be genuinely angry too.

@Scot: Yeah, I was "twisting" his words because obviously InHim didn't say exactly what I wrote but that's the sense I got from that post and I typed out how I felt his actions would be if he were scum. I dunno Scot's just giving me a bad bad feeling this game.

Onto my InHim Being Opportunistic Game In-Review™:
- Jumps on dahill wagon with no explanation until a few days later when he says:
InHim wrote:I think scum have a tendency to try and clean their accusations spotless, and so when a player repeats the same thing to many different people in defense, I think it's scummy.
Which, imo, is a pretty weak reason.

- Meanwhile, votes Scot and mentions that he could still vote for me but likes wagons. Liking wagons is all fun and games but it seems to me in this instance that InHim was using it as a cover to hop on the beginnings of a potential Scotwagon (he had just got 2 votes in the past 24 hours), but give himself room to vote me again if my wagon grew.

- This one's significant. 2 POSTS LATER from the last one with a "catching up/reading/etc" post in between, he says that his previous read was total gut and he "[didn't] have the conviction [he] once did on scot". On top of that (!!), he hops on the mipewagon (putting him at L-2!) with again no explanation and STILL has not mentioned once what he even thinks of mipe besides a couple posts that state his willingness to lynch mipe Day 1 but with no reasons.

- Most recently InHim explained his quick switch from GHP to ksun. He said that GHP was
InHim wrote:posting like a chicken with his head cut off, just all over the place.
But after he had switched to ksun he wrote this:
InHim wrote:Also, vote sticks - liking the company. ksun is a much better bet than the participating RGHP.
The reason he just gave for voting GHP in the first place is practically the same one he gave for NOT voting him.

---

Yeesh guys cmon this is an obvious one.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:29 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Except not.

RGHP was both participating and "posting all over the place." I chose to vote him because of the "posting all over the place," but chose to vote ksun over RGHP because RGHP was participating, and ksun was not helpful. And there was The Fonz placing a vote on ksun over RGHP.

My vote on mipe was for a claim; you'll notice I explicitly stated he was at L-2 when I placed his vote.

There's no way to prove it, but there's no way I would have ever gone back to voting you on D1 dahill. :shrug: Only way I'm voting you now is if I think it's likely you are SK, because there's no way in hell you're partners with ksun.
Show

:

DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:10 am

Post by DeathNote »

Vote Count
PaltryExcuse- Anon, Yosarian2 (L-7)
Furcolow- mipe, dizzyizzyB13 (L-7)
Yosarian2- Quagmire (L-8)
Quagmire- inHimshallibe (L-8)
Anon- iamausername, Shanba (L-7)
VasudeVa- PaltryExcuse (L-8)
mipe- RichardGHP (L-8)
inHimshallibe- TheFonz, dahill1 (L-7)
RichardGHP- VasudeVa, scottmany12, Furcolow (L-6)

Not Voting:

Mr. Chaos, zoraster

With 17 alive, its 9 to lynch.

~The nail on a Horse Shoe.~
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:13 am

Post by dahill1 »

But you also said that you would've been comfortable lynching mipe that day. That doesn't seem like just to get a claim out of him.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:31 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Sure, I was very comfortable lynching him after he claimed townie.
Show

:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:34 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

And, yes, in spite of the fact I was comfortable lynching mipe, I
still
jumped off his wagon. My comfort with letting a lynch happen does not mean that it is the particular lynch I want for that Day.
Show

:

Mr. Chaos
Mr. Chaos
Goon
Mr. Chaos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:52 am

Post by Mr. Chaos »

RichardGHP wrote:@scotmany: Twist my words less please. I said we SHOULD analyse the night kills, never that I would actually do it.
Soooo, why are you here again?
Show
wher doin this man
WHERE MAKIN THIS HAPEN

-Records-
Side: W-D-L
Town: 0-0-1
Scum: 1-0-0
Other: 0-0-0
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

inHimshallibe wrote:And, yes, in spite of the fact I was comfortable lynching mipe, I
still
jumped off his wagon. My comfort with letting a lynch happen does not mean that it is the particular lynch I want for that Day.
What exactly were you 'comfortable' with then? The fact he claimed VT and was going to be lynched or otherwise? Do you still carry any opinion of his guilt to today? Personally I like the case against you so far.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:47 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

inHimshallibe wrote:I really like your response to your accusations. Seems genuine, and I no longer want to vote you. Do you really think these people are linked with VasudeVa, or are they all just top scum choices? I'm looking for connections, and you really didn't give me anything new to consider.
Initially, they were just the scummiest in my mind. As I said recently, mipe's vote on Vas and Day 1 play is making me doubt them as scumpartners. Shanba left mipe's wagon at a high point despite early on being on his case. He gives a plausible reason for leaving, but it becomes the flag that is flown again on ksun. (Aka, he finds the wagon suspicious).
Yos2 has dropped a bit in my mind since, and I'm starting to think my reasons for suspecting him were a bit overzealous / OMGUS-y. Still, my gut won't really let these suspicions go.

So yeah. Overall, not really connections just play I find scummy.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by dahill1 »

PaltryExcuse wrote:
inHimshallibe wrote:And, yes, in spite of the fact I was comfortable lynching mipe, I
still
What exactly were you 'comfortable' with then? The fact he claimed VT and was going to be lynched or otherwise? Do you still carry any opinion of his guilt to today? Personally I like the case against you so far.
Thank you! This is what I was trying to say but couldn't articulate.

also lol @ Richard's most recent post.

@Furcowthingy, were you serious about the massclaim?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Furcolow wrote: I feel we should conduct a beneficial mass-roleclaim. It will help the town, and it would be cool.
Lol, no we shouldn't. Mass claim this early in the game is a terrible idea; it just kills off all the pro-town power roles without at all improving our chances of lynching right.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:05 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

zoraster wrote:
2. That said, Paltry does not come across that scummy to me. Why would he attract attention to himself by continuing to argue that ksun was a policy lynch, not a "real" lynch, when it scum? It seems to me that's the type of thing that scum would not want to do.
Mmm. Hypothetical question. Say you're Paltry, you're mafia, and yesterday you defended your scumbuddy ksun; now he got lynched and you have to try to justify that defense. Can you think of a better way to do it then to say "Oh, the ksun lynch was just a policy lynch, so that's why I opposed it"?
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:19 pm

Post by zoraster »

Yosarian2 wrote:
zoraster wrote:
2. That said, Paltry does not come across that scummy to me. Why would he attract attention to himself by continuing to argue that ksun was a policy lynch, not a "real" lynch, when it scum? It seems to me that's the type of thing that scum would not want to do.
Mmm. Hypothetical question. Say you're Paltry, you're mafia, and yesterday you defended your scumbuddy ksun; now he got lynched and you have to try to justify that defense. Can you think of a better way to do it then to say "Oh, the ksun lynch was just a policy lynch, so that's why I opposed it"?
Hm. This is a decent point. It's just that if I were in his shoes, my response would actually just be "whoops! I guess I was wrong." but your reasoning does make some sense. I need to review his defense of ksun again then.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:44 am

Post by iamausername »

Anon wrote:I still maintain that despite the overall townie feeling of the wagon, there is one experienced scumbag hidden in the ksun wagon.
Who is it, then? This is my problem. Just saying "there is one experienced scumbag hidden in the ksun wagon" based on completely generalised assumptions about how scum will act is not scumhunting. It's just slinging mud at a group of players you obviously consider to be a threat.

If you really thought there was scum in the wagon, you would either be singling out whichever player(s) in particular you felt was most likely scum, or if you weren't sure, you'd be doing anything at all to try to find out. But you're not, you're happy to just throw out the generalisation. This tells me that you are not interested in finding the scum who is hiding in the wagon, you're just interested in inducing paranoia in the town.

I know I promised to say stuff about other people than Anon, but I'm having some difficulty getting my thoughts organised. I guess here is a list of people that don't give me any particular town feel, from reading everyone in iso:

5. Mr. Chaos
Thestatusquo

9. scotmany12
10. PaltryExcuse
Chevre

11. Anon
14. zoraster
theopor_COD

17. Yosarian2
springlullaby

20. dahill1
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:37 am

Post by Furcolow »

Mr. Chaos wrote:This was supposed to be up last night. I'm quite glad it was not. (Read above)

However, My read has been good. I plan to try and iso my scumlist within the next day or so (busy with another game's reads as well, not the best position.) Since we're discussing reads right now, I think I'll add mine to the table.

-Town read-

-Shanba: I'm getting a pretty good read here, most of his posts follow what I've been seeing in the game. Not too much wrong here.
-Fonzie: Pretty cool dude. Not really seeing anything wrong with his posts or oppinions.
-scot: Even though he became a bit quiet d-2, really don't see too much wrong with his play.
-Yos: Nearly forgot about him while finishing the neutral section (sorry.) I really do like his analysis of Richard and Paltry.

-Neutral-

-Izzy: I really don't know what she's doing in this game. Everything I'm reading off of her is coming up null. She does not post much, and hung onto spring even after she disappeared. I may do a iso on her sometime later too.
-mipe: what is this i dont even
-Quagmire: Seems rather bullish to me. His constant pushing of a Korts-lynch d-1 didn't sit right to me during my readthrough. However, considering how he was pushing Kortscum through about 2 bandwagons reads more confused townie to me, than scum.
-Zoraster: Been mostly absent though my readthrough, which really leaves me empty handed for any opinions of him.
IHSIB: Really not sure what inHim is doing in this game either. He doesn't seem to be particularly helpful so far, but I think he deserves a good iso at somepoint too.
-Dahill: Normally, I would consider him more townish, but he has been absent as of late, and hasn't provided as much for d-2, making a read rather hard.
-VaVa: Not the heaviest poster, or the most active, but he has not really pinged my radar too much.

-Mafia/SK?-

-Anon: Eh? What do you mean that my replacing Shea is "ironic" in any way? Anyways, his play is borderline scum, in his ISO I can clearly see that all he's doing is jumping around on votes and not really adding anything.
-RichardGPH: It's like hes got mexican jumping beans in his pants. There's something wierd about it, too, so I'll have to look into him later.
-Furcolow: This guy's been pinging my radar left and right since he arrived. First with his "if im wrong with my vote plz lynch me kthx" post, now a "lets all massclaim d-2" really makes my opinion of him sink low.

So I'm really disliking Furcolow's play in this right now.
Fur: Can you please explain why your asking for a massclaim, and why you think that's a remotely good idea d-2? Or why asking for a Self-Lynch if Richard and IHSIB flip town?
Well, I've played with Richard before, and he feels scummy for me in relation to his town play.

inHimshallibe I read up on his past games, and he's acting the way he acts as scum as well

the reason i threw the day 2 massclaim out is because I want to encourage the discussion of the town. i'm still a newer player, so i am trying lots of ideas that pop into my head as ways to win the game. every game i'm a vanilla townie someone is riding my case, though, so this is kind of expected for me :)

that being said, i am not a vanilla townie.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:39 am

Post by Furcolow »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Furcolow wrote: I feel we should conduct a beneficial mass-roleclaim. It will help the town, and it would be cool.
Lol, no we shouldn't. Mass claim this early in the game is a terrible idea; it just kills off all the pro-town power roles without at all improving our chances of lynching right.
my role makes it at least a little more-ok
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:06 am

Post by dahill1 »

Furcolow wrote:the reason i threw the day 2 massclaim out is because I want to encourage the discussion of the town. i'm still a newer player, so i am trying lots of ideas that pop into my head as ways to win the game. every game i'm a vanilla townie someone is riding my case, though, so this is kind of expected for me :)
what's up with this game and its passion for village idiots? seriously, you know better than this, and this post comes off as fake as hell.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:20 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Furcolow wrote:
Well, that was anti-town and unnecessary.
Mr. Chaos
Mr. Chaos
Goon
Mr. Chaos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:24 pm

Post by Mr. Chaos »

Furcolow wrote:
Well, I've played with Richard before, and he feels scummy for me in relation to his town play.

inHimshallibe I read up on his past games, and he's acting the way he acts as scum as well

the reason i threw the day 2 massclaim out is because I want to encourage the discussion of the town. i'm still a newer player, so i am trying lots of ideas that pop into my head as ways to win the game. every game i'm a vanilla townie someone is riding my case, though, so this is kind of expected for me :)

Wha? Is this some wierd sort of town-claim? Well I aint buyin it.

And please explain the self lynch post. Here, I'll even quote it for you:
How is him obviously pushing for a lynch wagon when behaving as what he believed to be scum NOT a good case... Are you kidding me? He is behaving exactly like he does when he's mafia! If Richard/inHimshallibe both flip town i offer myself up to be lynched
Show
wher doin this man
WHERE MAKIN THIS HAPEN

-Records-
Side: W-D-L
Town: 0-0-1
Scum: 1-0-0
Other: 0-0-0
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Furcolow, your only experience playing with me is an ongoing game. Basing my entire meta off of one game is horrendous.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:03 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

EBWOP: Good news, guys, both of my other games are in night as of this afternoon. So I get more time to post in this one!
mipe
mipe
Goon
mipe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:12 pm

Post by mipe »

Furcolow wrote: that being said, i am not a vanilla townie.
That tells very much. If you are going to say you aren't vanilla townie, why won't you just come out and say what you are? Gives town more information compared to 'I might be anything but I'm not townie!!'

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”