Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:00 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

"Business?" he shouted.
"What kind of
business
?"
He lunged at me again, but I could see that he was going into spasms.
"You
business
bastard!"
he jabbered.
"I know what kind of
business
you're in!
Yeah!
Take care of business, Mister
Businessman
!"
Then he scrambled up to his wet marble ledge above the urinals again, clinging to a pipe with one hand and fumbling in his pocket with the other.

"Be careful!"
I said
"We'll
both
be fucked if you fall down and split your goddamn skull before we get to court."

Votecount 3-2
:

ekiM ~ L-1 (Sotty7, Amished, Vi, xRECKONERx)

xRECKONERx ~ L-3 (Jack, ekiM)
Vi ~ L-4 (hohum)

Not Voting: Debonair Danny DiPietro, Zachrulez

With
alive, it takes
to lynch. Deadline is May 3 at roughly 9 a.m. (GMT -4).
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:13 pm

Post by Jack »

Unless ekiM claims something really weird, I still think we should lynch xReck.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:32 pm

Post by ekiM »

I'm a vanilla townie.

I wish I had gone after ortolan Day 1, but I wasn't going to do that until he got replaced and his replacement caught up. That didn't happen. Yesterday I had the wrong opinion on the main wagon and obviously that costs me.

If anyone has any specific questions, shoot.

The main reason I pegged Jahudo as town was him being the third vote on otolan. That was a bad assumption. He may have been distancing and got stuck there, he might just like bussing early, I don't know.

A hard bus yesterday is much less likely. Going into the first proper night with 1 scum and 9 townies left means the scum can lose straight-up to all sorts of power roles every night for the rest of the game. That thinking clears Jack, DDD, Sotty, Amished.

Jack was fourth on the ortolan wagon and the main driver of Jahudo. DDD was early on both. Sotty was the tipping point for both. Locke was against ortolan wagon, but I don't see why Jahudo and Amished would mutually bus so hard, it's just too risky.

I'm not clearing hohum or xRx here. hohum showed up to hammer when it was him or Jahudo. No credit there. I don't think their being the two final wagons yesterday clears hohum either. hohum was not involved in the game yesterday, and Jahudo repeatedly argued against the hohum wagon. Add to that the three weeks of saying nothing while waiting out suspicions but also avoiding replacing out. Also, hey, Percy got shot last night.

As for xRx, he's short-sighted enough for his "LYNCH JAHUDO!!" with no reasoning to be a bus. He tried to switch to hohum at the end, too. His interactions with kyle are suspect, go back and read them. Also look at how Jahudo tried to reason with Reck on page 30 then got frustrated. There's also the fact that he's spent the entire game openly stating his intention to be useless then appealing to emotion whenever this is challenged.

This leaves Vi and Zach. They both look pro-town, but I guess they would as any alignment. Zach voted ortolan when it was inevitable. Vi was the ortolan wagon. At the start of D2 Zach voted Jahudo but that went away pretty quickly and later on he said "Jahudo's moved down my suspicion list quickly from the start of the day. As it is now, I suspect his wagon is getting pushed along by scum.", and he ended up on the opposing wagon. Vi was never strongly opposed to a Jahudo wagon, actually she asked Amished to join it. At the end of the day she said hohum was a better lynch, but, hey, I agree. Vi being scum would put a fun new light on ortolan's meltdown and Vi's condolences to Jahudo, but of the two I think Zach is more suspect. He still looks way better than hohum and xRx but I'm not sure why people are discounting him altogether.

The problem I have with enjoying this game is the lazy twosome. They could easily be scum coasting. At least one of them, annoyingly, is town. They cannot be allowed into LYLO.

It's likely that we're in a 9-3 game. If so we have 3 lynches before LYLO. hohum and xRx have to be two of them and they've claimed vanilla. Let's lynch them. If they somehow flip town hopefully a power role will have found the last scum by then, otherwise we have tricky decisions. It'd be better if we don't lynch me because then we'll have one more lynch to play with, but I'm not sure whether you guys can be convinced of that.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:38 pm

Post by ekiM »

I don't know if this will go down well but what the heck: if I were the last scum I would not have shot Percy. He would've been a great mislynch target today. My plan would be to shoot Jack, DDD, Sotty, and Amished and push lynches on Percy, hohum, xRx.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:12 pm

Post by hohum »

[quote=ekiM] hohum, why is it that you chose to spend three weeks saying nothing rather than replacing out? [/quote]

Because I happen to be interested in the game. If you have a problem with it feel free to /out games I'm /in going forward.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:24 pm

Post by hohum »

EBWOP: I know what you're going to say next too, that my lurking is "harmful" to the town; however we're up 2 scum lynches to one lost townie in a game which started with 12 players. That puts us in a pretty damned good position.

If I thought we were in any real danger because of my actions then I would have replaced out at the start of day 2.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:55 am

Post by hohum »

I'm not convinced xReck is scum anymore. The final scum has to be either vi or ekiM.

The reasoning he uses to conclude "I'm not scum, scum would do this or scum would do that" is pure WIFOM.
ekiM wrote:It's likely that we're in a 9-3 game. If so we have 3 lynches before LYLO. hohum and xRx have to be two of them and they've claimed vanilla. Let's lynch them. If they somehow flip town hopefully a power role will have found the last scum by then, otherwise we have tricky decisions. It'd be better if we don't lynch me because then we'll have one more lynch to play with, but I'm not sure whether you guys can be convinced of that.
If we're lynching claimed VTs to out scum then why not lynch you as well?

Unvote, Vote ekiM
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:55 am

Post by hohum »

*whistle*
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:24 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Final Votecount Day 3
:

ekiM ~ LYNCH (Sotty7, Amished, Vi, xRECKONERx, hohum)

xRECKONERx ~ L-3 (Jack, ekiM)

Not Voting: Debonair Danny DiPietro, Zachrulez

The sky explodes in a kaleidoscope of color that shifted with each fleeting emotion. The faces of laughing children lunge at you from the darkness when you look toward the trees for a way out of this place. If only there was some damn music.

And if only it wasn't so bleeding obvious who had it out for Percy. It seems so long ago, but the pain of the loss is fresh in your mind and in your hand, which clutches a nine inch hunting blade you picked up from Owl Farm before this damn reality started caving in and if you you weren't trudging behind ekiM and finding yourself disgusted with his flowing and rapidly morphing shirt, the way it bubbles and boils with something certainly sinister underneath--THEN! If only then you wouldn't feel the resistance of his back and the giving way of the blood and viscera underneath under the sharpened blade of the knife.

hohum cackles again with delight and when you look back you can still see Percy's body on the scrap pile, the broken alter of Industry and Progress. Maybe it really hadn't been as long as you thought.

ekiM,
Whimpering Slave of the Fear (Vanilla Townie)
, has been lynched Day 3. It is now Night 3. You have 72 hours from this post to submit any night actions you wish to use.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:14 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Music is drifting down on you like a distant winter. You can feel it approaching, ready to bluster straight through the thickest of parkas and claim your extremities with frost bite.

And yet it does not come fully. It waits until you let your guard down before delivering the Big Blow. WHAM-O.

You're back in the trees and Jack is losing it. The Fear has him fully in its grasp and he won't stop moaning about his pants.

"They're falling down!"
he exclaims. Idiot.

He stops to fritter with his belt while the group keeps walking ahead, tunnelvisioned on any escape available. Minutes (hours?) later you realize he never caught back up with the march. Another one gone. It's not worth stopping to look. Just find that damn music.

Night 3 has ended. Jack,
Raoul Duke (Freak Power Neighbor Maker)
, has been killed.

It is now Day 4. Deadline is May 7 at roughly 8 a.m. (GMT-4)

Votecount 4-0
:

Not Voting: hohum, Vi, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Sotty7, xRECKONERx, Zachrulez, Amished

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.

Note: Vi has informed me she will possibly be V/LA through the weekend
YOUR AD HERE

hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:27 am

Post by hohum »

Vote Vi
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:29 am

Post by Vi »

I admit defeat, VP Baltar. That role name is more bizarre than anything I've come up with :P
Uh huh, sure. I can't even pronounce half of your role names! ~ The mod

---

So that didn't end well. I was going to post an apology and unvote, but I showed up literally right after hohum's hammer. <_<

Now that I'm not high on "life" let's be a little more methodical about this.

I would be heavily surprised if there is more than one scum left in this game based on the power roles we know.

I would like for anyone who has been influenced by Jack's ability to come forward. I don't think there's much to gain by not doing so at this point.

Based on that and Days 1 and 2 we should have enough information to whittle down the lynching pool. Right now we still have three lynches and seven players. If we could accurately establish the innocence of four players, the game is all but over. Even if we're wrong now, based on who gets killed we can change our minds as long as it's a one-to-one swap.

I remember reading Yesterday that my picks for Town were DDD, Amished, Zachrulez, Sotty7 (something like in descending order), leaving hohum and xRx. I would like to reread to make sure of that, but that's not coming until after the weekend.

Cut by hohum: No comment.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:00 am

Post by Zachrulez »

So, Hohum pushes Vi on the post restriction thing, only to drop it and suddenly become suspicious of Ekim as his lynch becomes viable. (And also more or less kept the Reckoner option open as well.)

So yeah... seriously...

Vote: Hohum
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:10 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Vi wrote:I remember reading Yesterday that my picks for Town were DDD, Amished, Zachrulez, Sotty7 (something like in descending order), leaving hohum and xRx. I would like to reread to make sure of that, but that's not coming until after the weekend.
Why is Zach "more" town that Sotty considering they had near identical positions on the ortolan wagon, but Zach was pushing hohum over Jahudo on D2 while Sotty was the one who swung the vote for Jahudo? Right now I've got a tiered structure of...

Town: Me, Amished, Sotty
Middle: Zach, Vi
Suspicious: Reck, Hohum

I'd likely be voting Hohum right now except I want this day to last longer than the one-day day we just had.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:42 am

Post by Vi »

Debonair Danny DiPietro 913 wrote:
Vi wrote:I remember reading Yesterday that my picks for Town were DDD, Amished, Zachrulez, Sotty7 (something like in descending order), leaving hohum and xRx. I would like to reread to make sure of that, but that's not coming until after the weekend.
Why is Zach "more" town that Sotty considering they had near identical positions on the ortolan wagon, but Zach was pushing hohum over Jahudo on D2 while Sotty was the one who swung the vote for Jahudo? Right now I've got a tiered structure of...
Mostly because I've been burned by Sotty bussing before. I don't have time to look again at something in that game or her play in this game, but I also have no particular reason to suspect her.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:56 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Scum Sotty could have easily justified hammering Hohum over Jahudo on day 2. As a result, Sottyscum makes no sense to me at this point.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:01 am

Post by Vi »

Zachrulez 915 wrote:Scum Sotty could have easily justified hammering Hohum over Jahudo on day 2. As a result, Sottyscum makes no sense to me at this point.
I saw that she was the swing vote but didn't remember the circumstances behind it.

I just looked again and I'm pretty sure I agree with you.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:10 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I still need to look at the lynching wagons, which I haven't had a chance to do yet, but based on the way the lynch went down yesterday and how people found their way onto the wagon, this is how I'm seeing things

Town:

Sotty
Vi
DDD
Amished
Reckoner
Hohum

Scum:
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:14 am

Post by hohum »

Zachrulez wrote:Scum Sotty could have easily justified hammering Hohum over Jahudo on day 2. As a result, Sottyscum makes no sense to me at this point.
The thing about this is she didn't hammer jahudo. I did.

That renders your argument moot.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:17 am

Post by Vi »

hohum 918 wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:Scum Sotty could have easily justified hammering Hohum over Jahudo on day 2. As a result, Sottyscum makes no sense to me at this point.

I suppose the option was open for you to hammer the other wagon instead? :?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:18 am

Post by Zachrulez »

hohum wrote:

Given the likelihood of you voting yourself over Jahudo, her vote on him was effectively the hammer.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:18 am

Post by hohum »

Vi wrote:
hohum 918 wrote:

I suppose the option was open for you to hammer the other wagon instead? :?
I've self-hammered to prove points before, but anyways how does what you just said make me wrong?
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:18 am

Post by hohum »

Zachrulez wrote:
hohum wrote:

Given the likelihood of you voting yourself over Jahudo, her vote on him was effectively the hammer.
That's a stupid argument.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:21 am

Post by Sotty7 »

You hammered Jahudo simply to save yourself, that isn't compelling to me. You also hammered ekiM as quick as you could, why exactly? Yeah we hit two scum back to back, but rushing the day helps no one but scum in that situation.

Hohum is my number one pick for the last scum, with Amished at second. His whole "why is there still hate on me?" after voting Jahudo rubs me the wrong way. I'm not interested in lynching anyone else today.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:22 am

Post by Vi »

hohum 921 wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:
hohum wrote:

That's a stupid argument.
...of all the times to not have a witty comeback...

New question
so you can dig your own grave deeper
. For what purpose are you engaging in this argument?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”