Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:45 am

Post by Darox »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Darox wrote: Active lurking is fun.
Really? I thought it was more clearly anti-town / scummy.

Unvote, Vote: Darox.
The casual manner in which you ignore actually contributing until you get a vote makes me slightly angry, and I don’t think I’m the only one. Active lurking is not Pro-town. Giving the reason that a player is Town is ‘cause I say so’ is also not Pro-town.
Cry me a river cupcake, what I'm doing isn't scummy. And if you actually paid attention you would have noticed that I have contributed to this game several times, you're just apparently too dense to understand anything without several paragraphs explaining it.

When you can provide reasons for why I'm scum other than 'The Mafia Rules That Everyone Must Follow Or You Will Be Lynched By The Mindless' I'll start taking you seriously.
Zang wrote:
Ooba wrote:easjo
- Easily the worst amongst the lurkers
- Active lurking: Has time to answer what a kiwi is, but not the questions posed to him on his previous analysis
- Hasn't taken a stance (Disregarding the previous post)
I disagree, Darox is the worst of the active lurkers. He still hadn't said why he thinks you (Ooba) are scum.

I do agree with magna. I think he is confessing to active lurking as a joke in order to dismiss the fact that he is active lurking.
I don't think Ooba is scum, I said he was town, and I said that because that was the general feel I got from his posts at that time.
But you should already know that if you were actually reading the game.

Do I have to spell everything out for you?
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:59 am

Post by Darox »

In other news,
Unvote
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by Zang »

I don't think Ooba is scum, I said he was town, and I said that because that was the general feel I got from his posts at that time.

I meant town
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by Darox »

Zang wrote:

I meant town
And I've already explained in minute detail so that even you couldn't be confused about why I called Ooba town, and thus you wouldn't need to post this useless note.

JoshTheStampede
JoshTheStampede
Goon
JoshTheStampede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:53 pm

Post by JoshTheStampede »

Darox wrote:
And I've already explained in minute detail so that even you couldn't be confused about why I called Ooba town, and thus you wouldn't need to post this useless note.

This is a huge pile of bullshit. Your "minute detail" was literally "Ooba is town because I say he is".
JoshTheStampede
JoshTheStampede
Goon
JoshTheStampede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:54 pm

SpyreX wrote:Well, lets try this again then:

You said that I've never explained why its scummy in detail. Which is true. Because, I really don't think it needs explanation (and the fact that you went "Nope, didn't do it" meant the point of trying to explain it to the masses to lynch you was going to be a waste of time if they didn't see it already)

But, allow me to expand.

The Slippery Slope can be scummy in a myriad of ways. Not to waste too much time I'll delve specifically into this version of it: justification for an action.

Again, I'll put this up:
120 wrote:Darox, please explain your innkeeper comment. Is that some sort of flavorclaim?
124 wrote:Darox, you really should not claim or tell us anything about your role, even the flavor, unless you really have to.
:then a discussion of what actual roleclaiming, etc, etc:

THEN:
136 wrote:This is very true. It's also dangerous even if the particular name is not a giveaway, because it might lead to others nameclaiming when they DO have more obvious flavor connections.

For example, if Darox comes out and says "Hey guys I'm the Innkeeper" no one really knows what that means, but if it causes Player B to then say "Yeah, I'm the Vampire Hunter" or "I'm the Holy Water Salesman" or something it's a lot worse in terms of bullseyes for the nightkill.
So, why is this scummy?

Initially, you have a case of severe cognitive dissonance in the "flavor" "don't give flavor". When called out on it you've opted with
a scenario that isn't going to happen. Ever. Not in a million years.

This kind of chicken-little fear mongering is scummy. It always is. When its used as a defense for a different stronger and more braver scummy action well.

----

NS - I'm not a young duckling by any means. ;)

And while not jovial, sure... but not outspoken? REALLY?

(and I'm not stoked about "I've read through page 6" "this discussion went on pages afterwards")
Actually, dude, thank you.

I disagree with you of course, but this is the first time I actually understood your thought process or motivation for anything you said about me, so thank you for clarifying.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by Darox »

JoshTheStampede wrote:
Darox wrote:

This is a huge pile of bullshit. Your "minute detail" was literally "Ooba is town because I say he is".
Awesome Dude wrote:I said he was town, and I said that because that was the general feel I got from his posts at that time.
JoshTheStampede
JoshTheStampede
Goon
JoshTheStampede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:24 pm

Oh excuse me. It wasn't "Ooba is town because I say he is". It's "Ooba is town because I said he is and have no evidence or reason other than gut feeling".

Thanks for clearing up that minute detail, bro.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by Darox »

Yup.

And now you realize there is nothing wrong with that.
JoshTheStampede
JoshTheStampede
Goon
JoshTheStampede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:43 pm

Darox wrote:Yup.

And now you realize there is nothing wrong with that.
There's nothing wrong with having gut feelings about someone, no.

But if that's all you have, you can't act like it's contributing or scumhunting.

You're just randomly spouting "PLAYER X IS TOWN PLAYER Y IS SCUM".
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by Darox »

Is that all I have Josh?

One post where I say Spyrex is Scum and Ooba is town
(And that you're an idiot)
for totally random reasons?
(Totally random you guys)

But since you got all upset and complainy about how useless I am, let's be vindictive.

JOSHS AMAZING CONTRIBUTIONS TO SCUMHUNTING: THE MOVIE: THE GAME: THE LIST:

#1: Darox, scum for being third on the wagon.
(Snicker)

#2: Spyrex, scum for admitting rolefishing.
(Further Snickers)

Let's just pretend his embarassing discussion about how votes with 0 threat of lynch behind them create pressure didn't exist, for the sake of Joshs credibility, shall we?
#3:
Actually let's pretend his discussion about roleclaiming doesn't exist on this list either.
#3: Spyrex isn't scum, just crazy, Cruelty is scum for agreeing with Spyrexs crazy case.
This entire Spyrex-Josh argument is painful to read.
#4: Ooba is lynchworthy because he pulled an 'unethical' fakevig gambit.
(Oh wow)

#5: Spyrex is now scum for making an error, fixing it, but not changing his opinion.
(Note that the error in question doesn't invalidate Spyrex's point and it infact worked either way)

#6: Spyrex is scum for trying to push through a mislynch on someone who is going make it easy.
(Notice I actually pushed this theory much earlier)

#7: TheSkeward is scum for doing nothing but call for a Josh lynch.

Boy there sure are some real eye openers here.

Feel free to complain loudly that I haven't done anything and have stated no opinions at all on this game though. I'm sure I'll have to take you on a guided tour with some bold face type in the near future to shut you up.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:03 am

Post by Nobody Special »

JoshTheStampede in post 164 wrote:
Also, I'm not done arguing altogether. I'm done arguing with SpyreX about that topic, because my pages of argument with him led me to believe he is either a crazy person
or misinterpreting things on purpose
, and I don't think arguing with him will accomplish anything other than spamming the thread and preventing other avenues of discussion. He thinks I'm scum, I think he's crazy, and we all know this now, along with reasons on both sides. Anything more between SpyreX and I at this point would just be shouting at each other, basically.
Actually, it is my opinion that YOU are the one purposefully misinsterpreting things -- you went on and on about "I don't want to hear 'slippery slope' and I won't entertain this argument any further" -- and now you're trying to say you know what a slippery slope argument is? Please, get lynched.

Vote: Josh

Still on page 7. Still reading. Still happy with a Josh lynch.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:08 am

Post by Nobody Special »

SpyreX wrote:
NS - I'm not a young duckling by any means. ;)

And while not jovial, sure... but not outspoken? REALLY?

(and I'm not stoked about "I've read through page 6" "this discussion went on pages afterwards")
Not as outspoken as I've known you are capable of. Just observing, sheesh. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

And -- seriously, now -- have NONE of you folks on this whole fecking board EVER heard of "hyperbole?" You guys are SO damned literal. [I guess that's potentially good in the context of the game, but still....]
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:33 am

Post by Zang »

Nobody Special wrote:
JoshTheStampede in post 164 wrote:
Also, I'm not done arguing altogether. I'm done arguing with SpyreX about that topic, because my pages of argument with him led me to believe he is either a crazy person
or misinterpreting things on purpose
, and I don't think arguing with him will accomplish anything other than spamming the thread and preventing other avenues of discussion. He thinks I'm scum, I think he's crazy, and we all know this now, along with reasons on both sides. Anything more between SpyreX and I at this point would just be shouting at each other, basically.
Actually, it is my opinion that YOU are the one purposefully misinsterpreting things -- you went on and on about "I don't want to hear 'slippery slope' and I won't entertain this argument any further" -- and now you're trying to say you know what a slippery slope argument is? Please, get lynched.

Still on page 7. Still reading. Still happy with a Josh lynch.
I believe you just put him at L-1.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
TheSkeward
TheSkeward
Goon
TheSkeward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:13 am

Post by TheSkeward »

Apologies for my absence. If you'll check, it was a sitewide absence, extending to my other games and to GD/MD. My computer died, which makes me very sad. I'm posting from a public computer right now, and am endeavouring to get a more permanent setup as soon as possible.
ooba wrote:TheSkeward, if the town is unwilling to lynch Josh today, who would be next on your list.
mmm... cruelty, I think. Or one of the lurkers.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:What are your thoughts on Ooba’s gambit? On Darox’s love of active lurking. On the fact that you, easjo and CryMe are just plain lurking.
I dislike lurkers, and I think they're a good early lynch. My own play has not been lurking. You could call it active-lurking. I haven't posted in the last couple of days; see above.

I don't think Darox is active-lurking. His posts are short and frequent, yes, but they almost always come with content. His "active-lurking is fun" post struck me as sarcasm then and still now.

Ooba's gambit was fine. WIFOM, but I think it's more likely to come from town than scum. That and the way he asks questions make me think he's town.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:29 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Yosarian2 wrote: I think Josh and SpyreX are probably both town.
I understand you've (more or less) outlined your reasons for this in this post (and earlier posts), but could you summarize your thoughts on these two for me?
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by Darox »

CryMeARiver @ Tue Apr 13, 2010 wrote:
Slaine Hayes wrote:Unvote
Vote:SpyreX

Why were you fishing?
Ok, keep this in mind.
Slaine Hayes wrote:
Upon further review, I see where you explained yourself. i apologize, I missed that before.

But I'll keep my FoS on, like you,
I don't really feel the need to move my votes or FoS's unless I have good reason to.
Josh is attacked for the same reason, at one point by Slaine. Hypocritical contradiction much? Also, he now does not believe Spyrex was rolefishing.
Ok, I will ATTEMPT to get some logical discussion going here.

@Josh: If it turns out SpyreX is scum, what would you think of his alleged rolefishing then?
Alleged rolefishing? I thought you just stated that you didn't think he was rolefishing? Now you are looking for someone else to supply reasons to wagon another person.
Slaine Hayes wrote:I'm still so confused over the whole SpyreX situation.

Unvote
In other words "Josh did not supply me with a reason to attack Spyrex for his rolefishing". Also, what happened to "I don't feel the need to move my votes without a reason to"?

MORE IS TO COME! I don't have time for the rest :?
This is the last time CryMeARiver posted.
He has since posted frequently in other games.

What's the deal CMAR?
Zang wrote:I believe you just put him at L-1.
Do you have any opinions on the wagon? Or are you just going to idly watch it roll by?
JoshTheStampede
JoshTheStampede
Goon
JoshTheStampede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:17 pm

Nobody Special wrote:
You know I thought about claiming or trying to get out of being lynched but then I realized that if I was successful all I would get out of it is having to continue playing in a game with SpyreX and Co. for another few weeks and honestly fuck that so

unvote
vote JoshTheStampede
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:22 pm

Post by Darox »

What a hero.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:51 pm

Post by cruelty »

oh josh i'm going to the supermarket later, i'll pick up some tissues while i'm there.
the nexus of the crisis
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:02 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

A self hammer ... sigh.

If you are scum thanks I guess. If not learn to replace out if you dislike the playerbase or grow some thicker skin.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:28 pm

Post by cruelty »

don't think it was a hammer. in fact, i'm pretty sure you know it wasn't too.
the nexus of the crisis
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:51 pm

Post by Darox »

ElectricBadger wrote:
Nobody Special replaces Slaine Hayes - thank you NS! Deadline has been extended by a couple days to allow him to catch up as well.

Vote Count:

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

(1) Darox: Zang
(5) JoshTheStampede: easjo682, TheSkeward, cruelty, MagnaofIllusion, SpyreX
(3) Nobody Special
Slaine Hayes
: CryMeARiver, Yosarian2, Ooba
(2) SpyreX: Darox, JoshTheStampede

(1) Not Voting: Nobody Special

Day One ends by April 20th at toll of midnight PST.

Day One ends by April 22nd at toll of midnight PST.

An early moon rises, too large to be natural.
Last Votecount @ 311
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Darox.
Puts Josh at 4 votes @ 315
Nobody Special wrote:
Puts Josh at 5 votes @ 337
JoshTheStampede wrote:
unvote vote JoshTheStampede
Puts Josh at 6 votes @ 343

Not a hammer.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:31 am

Post by Zang »

Sorry, I didn't see magnas unvote.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:37 am

Post by Zang »

Do you have any opinions on the wagon? Or are you just going to idly watch it roll by?
Actually, I didn't see anything particulary scummy about Josh. Sadly I was mistaken

Unvote
Vote: JoshTheStampede

If he wants to be lynched, let him be lynched. Hopefully hes scum.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”