he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:19 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Final Votecount Day 2
:

Jahudo ~ LYNCH (Jack, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Amished, xRECKONERx, Sotty7, hohum)

hohum ~ L-1 (Vi, ekiM, Percy, Jahudo, Zachrulez)

Not Voting:

The darkness recedes in punchy intervals as the mescaline comes on. The clouds are parting now and the moonlight has come through to illuminate the narrow wooded trail you are walking single file along. Thank god for small mercies.

It was only ten minutes ago that Jack came bounding out of the brush, scratches across his face and babbling that he had found the way to Elysium, but it felt like eons ago. Somehow he convinced you and the others to follow him on the trail, but you are quickly becoming convinced that you are lost. These woods are alive and you can no longer hear the hum of the band. Overhead the leaves and branches of the trees weave together in complex geometric patterns that flow together endlessly.

It is difficult to turn your eyes from them as you drag along slowly behind Jack's confused lead. You feel heat gathering first at the base of your spine and slowly crawling its way up like an ancient vine. It slithers between your vertebrae and makes you strong like the lattice work of the canopy.

You chuckle at the though of Cobalt's body rotting away to fertilize the grass into a Cobalt-shaped patch of green. C'est la vie, asshole.

It is at this exact moment in the march that you trip and the lattice work is replaced by the darkness again. You feel your head bounce and roll in an explosion of light immediately after. It is brilliant and electric and reaches out to the warm vine that has nested in your brain now. They tie together and you are the glue. Pleasure is enveloping you over and over in pulsating waves and you are being pulled deeper into the light. Your mind is simultaneously ascending and descending toward a greater knowledge, some secret you have known since the beginning of time, yet forgot somehow.

You can hear someone screaming your name from beyond the Edge now. They scream louder and you open your eyes to find yourself half-soaked and prostrate at the edge of a shallow creek.

"Let him go!"
ekiM shouts before he lunges at hohum, who is wide-eyed on top of Jahudo and throttling him in the deepest part of the water. Hohum is eventually pulled off and lets out loud peels of laughter, but the damage is done. The cold, clear water washes over Jahudo's lifeless body.

He was an old friend, but even friends must come to an end sometimes. This long, strange trip has just begun, you think.

Jahudo,
Ralph Steadman (Mafia Goon)
, has been lynched Day 2. It is now Night 2. You have 72 hours from this post to submit any night actions you wish to use.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:00 am

Post by VP Baltar »

At the bottom of the gully is an old dumping site. A land of forgotten relics and waste no longer deemed to have value toward Progress. A '39 Ford Coupe sits quietly, rusted to its very core and seemingly in danger of being blown away in the next strong wind.

There are noises of elves scurrying off to hidden coves just beyond your sight. You turn quickly to see them but the ground pitches off rapidly and you stumble to your left as if on a sea tossed ship.

A directionless, manic howl rips through the relative quiet as you regain your balance. It is Percy, but by the time you locate him behind a large pile of scrap tin and discarded bicycles it is too late. Some brutish freak has firmly lodged a long piece of fake brass door trim into his pre-frontal lobe via his eye socket.

The blood begins to colour your vision and soon every takes on a dark maroon hue, even your own hands. Here comes the Fear.

Night 2 has ended. Percy,
Vanilla Townie
, has been killed.

It is now Day 3. Deadline is May 3 at roughly 9 a.m. (GMT -4).

Votecount 3-0
:

Not Voting: hohum, Vi, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Jack, Sotty7, xRECKONERx, Zachrulez, Locke Lamora, ekiM

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:13 am

Post by Vi »

That's an interesting choice of NK.

I know I said something to the effect of wanting hohum very dead Yesterday but Jahudo's death happens to have an interesting side effect.
Vi 284 wrote:
Vi wrote:Two things that are interesting about kyle+xRx. One, kyle99 said he had never seen xRx as scum yet announced a "fairly Town" read, but then doubled back and said that xRx was playing to his meta and he couldn't get a good idea even though xRx was doing scummy things. That's the backtracking ekiM was talking about. But here's something else I find compelling.
kyle99 #2 wrote:Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:20 pm

My opinion on xReck is fairly town. I've never played with him as scum
KittyMo, Mafia in Mo Town wrote:Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:59 pm
[notice: under nine hours before the above quote]

xRECKONERx, Mafia Goon, Survived and fulfilled his win condition Day 4
kyle99 was in the above-quoted game, although he was replaced due to activity delinquency (he said he was in the hospital but didn't bother telling anyone - this was before he joined this game, so I'm presuming that incident was over when he joined this game). While kyle didn't post in the endgame, at the time he was replaced he had just voted xRx on suspicion of being scum, and I would be fairly surprised if he didn't keep up with the game even after he had replaced out.

tl;dr WHAT A SCOOP!

Unvote: xRECKONERx
Vote: kyle99
(L-6)
Now THIS is an article worth reprinting!

Vote: xRECKONERx
(L-4)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:19 am

Post by Vi »

Here's the above post. Read through my 306 to see the full interview, which is probably more what I meant to post above <.<;
Basically xRx tries to play his way out of the contradiction by saying kyle is confused, ignorant, and apparently amnesiac Town.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:44 am

Post by Jack »

Percy kill is weird.

Not big on a hohum lynch.

I agree about the kyle/xReck pair but would have to reread. I remember thinking that Jahudo's case on ekiM at the start of day 2 was like distancing.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:27 am

Post by Jack »

Yeah.
vote:xReck
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:57 am

Post by Jack »

See kyle and xReck's scumbuddiness, xReck's weaksauce vote on Jahudo, Jahudo's "I'd be suspicious of any of his
reasoning
" comment, and xReck's "hohum, please claim so I can hammer you instead of my scumbuddy".
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:19 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Ah fair young Percival, we hardly knew ye other than the fact that you probably would've tried to spend all of D3 trying to lynch hohum again.

I have an instant, gut revulsion to lynching someone who has been on scum wagons both of the first two days of the game even if that person is Reck.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:27 am

Post by Jack »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Ah fair young Percival, we hardly knew ye other than the fact that you probably would've tried to spend all of D3 trying to lynch hohum again.

I have an instant, gut revulsion to lynching someone who has been on scum wagons both of the first two days of the game even if that person is Reck.
Define "on scum wagons":
xRECKONERx wrote:"Hi! I'm DDD, and I act like an arrogant pompous twat for no fucking reason whatsoever!"

In any case, given the points: DDD-lynch is preferable to simply make him dead because he's awful, but since that's obviously not happening, I'll
Unvote; Vote: Cobalt
xRECKONERx wrote:
Jahudo wrote:Am I the scum player in this analogy? Who am I attacking?
...Seriously?

Unvote, Vote: Jahudo
xRECKONERx wrote:I'll hammer hohum if necessary. CLAIM TIME.
Ort was the only lynch when xReck voted him btw.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:22 am

Post by Jack »

xRECKONERx wrote:DDD lynch = ortolan/Cobalt lynch > Jack lynch

That's how I feel, but I'd lynch any of them.
Vote: DDD
vote count wrote:Jack ~ L-3 (Zachrulez, Sotty7, Cobalt, Locke Lamora)
Cobalt ~ L-3 (Vi, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Jack, Jahudo)
hohum ~ L-5 (Percy, ekiM)
Debonair Danny DiPietro ~ L-6 (xRECKONERx)
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:57 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Jack wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:DDD lynch = ortolan/Cobalt lynch > Jack lynch

That's how I feel, but I'd lynch any of them.
Vote: DDD
vote count wrote:Jack ~ L-3 (Zachrulez, Sotty7, Cobalt, Locke Lamora)
Cobalt ~ L-3 (Vi, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Jack, Jahudo)
hohum ~ L-5 (Percy, ekiM)
Debonair Danny DiPietro ~ L-6 (xRECKONERx)
That one looks particularly bad for Reckoner in hindsight.

I've had a look at the lynch wagons, and from what I can see, Jack, DDD, Sotty, and Reckoner were on both lynching wagons.

I see Jack much less likely to be scum now in light of the flips.

I was generally feeling better about DDD over the course of day 2, and don't see him as scum either.

Sotty looks pretty clearly town to me at this point. In the situation she was in, she could have easily justified a hohum lynch over a Jahudo lynch.

As for off wagon, I think Vi is town and I'm leaning that was on Ekim.

Which leaves.

Amished
Reckoner
Hohum

I could see any of those three easily being scum. I'd lean toward Amished and Reckoner at this point over hohum.

As far as which is more likely between Amished and Reckoner, I'm not sure which way to lean. There's associative evidence against both. (Locke's opposition to the Orto lynch, Reck's DDD vote with Orto next on the block seemingly avoiding the wagon, and his strange connection with Kyle)

Looking at the evidence against both, I think more assoiative evidence against Reckoner is the tiebreaker in this situation and that I prefer a Reckoner lynch over an Amished by a slim margin.

Vote: xReckonerx
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:24 am

Jack wrote:
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Ah fair young Percival, we hardly knew ye other than the fact that you probably would've tried to spend all of D3 trying to lynch hohum again.

Define "on scum wagons":
xRECKONERx wrote:"Hi! I'm DDD, and I act like an arrogant pompous twat for no fucking reason whatsoever!"

In any case, given the points: DDD-lynch is preferable to simply make him dead because he's awful, but since that's obviously not happening, I'll
Unvote; Vote: Cobalt
xRECKONERx wrote:
Jahudo wrote:Am I the scum player in this analogy? Who am I attacking?
...Seriously?

Unvote, Vote: Jahudo
xRECKONERx wrote:I'll hammer hohum if necessary. CLAIM TIME.
Ort was the only lynch when xReck voted him btw.
You were at L-2 and ortolan was still at L-4 when Reck made his vote on me, it was not the only wagon open to him. Now by the time he had been lambasted for his vote on me it was the only option, but when he first made his late D1 move he easily could've sent you to L-1 with hohum not voting and being one of the two other people to recieve votes certainly making a hammer a viable option.

I think Reck had a fair amount of chances to position himself on town wagons and secure town lynches and I don't think that's been his MO. Could he be bussing? Certainly, but right now I'm skeptical.

~~~

I am not voting for Jack, Sotty, or Amished today, not happening.

~~~

Right now I trust Vi as much as a swarm of hornets whose nest has caught fire and I think anyone whose making the assumption that she's town is making a leap of faith.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:27 am

Post by Jack »

Right now I trust Vi as much as a swarm of hornets whose nest has caught fire and I think anyone whose making the assumption that she's town is making a leap of faith.
She started pushing the ort wagon when it looked like it was going nowhere due to deadline (ort could have even got pissed at being bussed), and pushed hohum over Jahudo.

But I find xReck too suspicious to worry about anyone else.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:28 am

Post by hohum »

Vote Vi

Because I've reread the topic and the flavor seems to fit with him being scum. Here's why:

I'm not convinced that his "non post restriction" style of posting is not a post restriction. Ralph Steadman is a cartoonist who worked closely with Hunter S. Thompson. Gonzo basically made Steadman famous. It's not a stretch to think that the "Gonzo" in this theme means bad guys and not good guys considering Hunter's relationship with Steadman.

If you want something a bit more concrete to back the vote up: something really didn't sit well with me early on with one of his early posts which stated something along the lines of me "going in the same direction" as him.

Looking back at yesterday he seems to be trying to pick multiple people off of the Jahudo wagon. "I'd rather have a hohum lynch today" and the constant need to try and refocus people's attention.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:32 am

hohum wrote:
Vote Vi

Because I've reread the topic and the flavor seems to fit with him being scum. Here's why:

I'm not convinced that his "non post restriction" style of posting is not a post restriction. Ralph Steadman is a cartoonist who worked closely with Hunter S. Thompson. Gonzo basically made Steadman famous. It's not a stretch to think that the "Gonzo" in this theme means bad guys and not good guys considering Hunter's relationship with Steadman.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:49 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Cool wagon on me guys. Cool.

Vi, ekiM, Jahudo, Zachrulez <----- is where we should be looking for scum. Maybe. All I know is... I find it incredibly hypocritical that Vi comes out of the gates attacking me when she wasn't even anywhere close to that Jahudo wagon yesterday.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:52 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

D1 lynch wagon
Cobalt
~ (Vi, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Jack,
Jahudo
, Sotty7, xRECKONERx, Zachrulez)
Jack ~ L-5 (
Cobalt
, Locke Lamora)
hohum ~ L-5 (
Percy
, ekiM)

D2 lynch wagon
Jahudo
~ (Jack, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Amished, xRECKONERx, Sotty7, hohum)
hohum ~ L-1 (Vi, ekiM,
Percy
Jahudo
, Zachrulez)

Also, did we ever figure out why there wasn't a kill on N1?

PS, how would everyone feel about a mass claim to weed out the last scum?
green shirt thursdays
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:56 am

Post by Jack »

:lol:
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:58 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Either DDD is superbussing, or he's town. I'm going with town.

Vi's attack on me smells fishy.

Jack looks fairly pro-town.

Amished's player slot reads neutral-to-scum.

I'm town duh.

Sotty is a really hard neutral read at the moment.

hohum is the scummiest player so far - didn't vote D1, and was the hammer on Jahudo D2. Then again, there are two things tugging at my gut to stop me from voting him: #1 is that I've actually NEVER seen scum hammer their partner, they try to get on the wagon quicker to avoid this kind of suspicion... and #2 is that him coming out against Vi makes little sense from a scum perspective IMO.

ekiM? Yeah... not on either scum lynch. Play is not particularly pro-or-anti-town.

Zachrulez is probably town, despite having literally the exact same wagon placement as hohum.
green shirt thursdays
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:07 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I'm not willing to give hohum a pass today. Yeah he hammered Jahudo but it was either that or go down himself. He wasn't voting day one come lynch and Percy's death makes me wonder if he was on the right track.

Reck does look bad in light of Jack's 835 but I'm in the same mind as Triple D. I don't want to be lynching someone who was on back to back scum lynches in the first two days. I just don't see why scum would bus like that. It makes no sense.

Vi is in my town column mostly for her day one play and the shear amount of hostility between Ort and her. In that light don't find her pushing Hohum over Jahudo yesterday scummy. Considering that hohum is starting to creep up in my list today.

Looking at straight at the lynching wagons I was surprised to see that ekiM wasn't on either scum lynch. He was pushing pretty hard against a Jahudo lynch towards the end of yesterday. He also paid a lot of lip service to the Ort/Colbat wagon on day one but never voted. Choosing instead to push a Hohum lynch. I really want to hear from him and where he stands today. He is no longer in my town reads.

Amished... Yeah he voted Jahudo but I am still feeling scum from Locke's whole reaction to the Ort wagon on day one. But would scum really bus in that situation? I'm torn.

I'm starting to think I was wrong about Jack. Triple D is probably town, same with Zach.

Vote: eikM
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:15 am

Post by Jack »

My beef with ekiM is mainly that at the start of day 2 I (in 540) posted a bunch of quotes and asked him some questions about it, which he answered. The next page Jahudo makes the same basic case (some of the same quotes), not even noticing that it had been talked about, and ekiM responds at length, not noting that it had already been talked about.

However, it's likely that Jahudo was just being lazy scum targetting a townie, and ekiM just didn't happen to mention that it was the 2nd time the accusation had been made, instead deciding that since it kept being brought up, he needed to do a lengthy reply.

If you read through xReck and Jahudo, the very much look like scum together.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:27 am

Post by hohum »

I like how DDD only quoted half my post. Good job, duck!
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:33 am

hohum wrote:I like how DDD only quoted half my post. Good job, duck!
I already said I don't trust Vi, but that doesn't mean that the first half of your argument wasn't the single dumbest thing that anyone has posted in this game.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:34 am

Post by hohum »

also anyone else notice sotty say "not giving hohum a pass" and then vote ekiM?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”