Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:31 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Also, all that stuff happened at the beginning of the day, why did it take you so long to express concern about it?
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:56 am

Post by Percy »

@Zach
:
1. It was not only your desire for a Jahudo lynch, but also your reaction to Jack that's important in my read.
2. I can believe that you bussed flinter like crazy on D1, and then jumped on the ortolan wagon later on. Now you don't want to keep bussing your only remaining scumpartner. That's the theory I'm exploring, anyway. Why is that inconceivable?
3. I only noticed this on my just-finished reread. I needed time and a reread to pick up on things like this, and get out of "HOHUM MUST DIEEEE" mode.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:08 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Percy wrote:
@Zach
:
1. It was not only your desire for a Jahudo lynch, but also your reaction to Jack that's important in my read.
That probably wasn't one of my better plays. I immediately regretted the vote, especially after information about Locke's actions came to light.
Percy wrote:2. I can believe that you bussed flinter like crazy on D1, and then jumped on the ortolan wagon later on. Now you don't want to keep bussing your only remaining scumpartner. That's the theory I'm exploring, anyway. Why is that inconceivable?
I guess it's not. So you think this scenario is more likely than Hohum or Locke/Amished scum I take it?
Percy wrote:3. I only noticed this on my just-finished reread. I needed time and a reread to pick up on things like this, and get out of "HOHUM MUST DIEEEE" mode.
This is more of a where the hell were you when this actually happened question. Based on the big deal you're making of this, I would think that kind of thing would be something
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:10 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Zachrulez wrote:
Percy wrote:3. I only noticed this on my just-finished reread. I needed time and a reread to pick up on things like this, and get out of "HOHUM MUST DIEEEE" mode.
This is more of a where the hell were you when this actually happened question. Based on the big deal you're making of this, I would think that kind of thing would be something
... that would stand right out to you.

Would be helpful if I finished the statement I was making before actually posting...
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:44 am

Post by Percy »

Zachrulez 727 wrote:So you think this scenario is more likely than Hohum or Locke/Amished scum I take it?
What gave you that impression?

Also, I've already said that it took a re-read for me to pick up on it, but that doesn't invalidate the point. Why is this such a big deal for you?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:13 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Percy wrote:
Zachrulez 727 wrote:So you think this scenario is more likely than Hohum or Locke/Amished scum I take it?
What gave you that impression?
It's not what you say, it's where your vote is. (And consequently where your vote isn't.)
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:21 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Your case on me also hinges on Jack flipping scum... so the fact that you're voting for me over Jack makes absolutely no sense.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:41 am

Post by VP Baltar »

As I walked back to the library I remembered Bobby Kennedy's words:
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

But not
me
, Jack. Whatever I was doing that morning, it was sure as hell not
"nothing."
I was about to pluck an innocent victim from the jaws of The System....Hell yes! I thought. Thomas Jefferson would be proud of me today and so would Bobby Kennedy.

Votecount 2-8
:

Amished ~ L-2 (ekiM, Sotty7, Zachrulez, Jahudo)

Jahudo ~ L-2 (Jack, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Amished, xRECKONERx)
Percy ~ L-5 (hohum)
hohum ~ L-5 (Vi)
Zachrulez ~ L-5 (Percy)

Not Voting:

With
alive, it takes
to lynch. Deadline is April 17 at roughly 12 p.m. (GMT-4).
Last edited by VP Baltar on Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:04 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

placeholder

So tempted to edit in a self-depricating remark.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:08 am

I'm not voting for Vi, Zach, Jack, or Percy today. I don't see myself voting Mike or Reck except under deadline with the only other option being a no lynch. I'm still waiting to be convinced in regards to Amished and Hohum. I'd prefer Jahudo or Sotty to be lynched today. Tonight, I'll work on putting together a formal case (blech) on kyle/Jahudo for you all to scoff at.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:22 am

Post by Jahudo »

Amished wrote:Also, the tone that I got from your post (the connections one) was that you fully thought ekiM was scum; not that you were really questioning him.
Well I didn't vote him, just asked him questions. I think that speaks for itself. Frankly I thought my first ekiM post was mostly IIoA and the question of how he went from Point A to Point B.
Amished wrote:Try again with your next excuse since that post (against ekiM) took all of one hour to put together. 2.5 days later when I replace in gives you enough time to put another one together.
The 2.5 days doesn't refer to when Locke replaced out, which was actually about 14 hours after my first ekiM post. In that 14 hours I was busy with other games or life, etc. I didn't know Locke would replace out, so I didn't know I had to rush out a case on him.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:26 am

Post by Jack »

Percy wrote:Jack - I think his initial reaction to the ortolan wagon is one of the worst. He tried to actively derail Vi's wagon in this post,
That's nonsense, Vi was pushing a tiny wagon with 12 hours left, not a good play, and I wanted hohum lynched.
Percy wrote:I'd like to ask,
@Jack: To what extent is your suspicion on Jahudo based on your suspicion of kyle99?
Mostly. kyle was my top suspect in my initial list iirc.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:25 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Jahudo Post 707 wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:I must be slow, but I don't see a change of opinion. “I don't like it” and “it's scummy” are the same thing.
Who knows what "I don't like it" means? Its not quantified in a way that separates the exchange from bad town behavior and scummy behavior. When you think its scummy, you vote or say its scummy. When you say its counter-productive, and maybe town-on-town attack, you could say you don't like it. You could also mean scummy, but who knows? Its convenient that no one knows but you until orts is ready for a lynch.
This is epic reaching. What else could “I don't like it” possibly mean?

Amished, when you put it like that (post 717) I can understand the hypocrisy side of your Percy case. after I made my post yesterday we had a family emergency so I am behind on my Jahudo stuff, I'm working on it. Did you switch from Percy to Jahudo because of the lack of traction?
ekiM Post 720 wrote:Replacing into the game on D2 and feeling the need to call someone's RVS vote contrived is bizarre. I find it difficult to credit that to a genuine thought process.
This is my thought too. The RVS vote and Percy's first questioning post are easily the weakest parts of that case.

I don't buy Percy's theory of Zach/Jack/Ort. Mainly because Zach had plenty of time and opportunity to unvote the flinter slot during day one and never did. He was an early vote on that slot and I don't see scumZach in that hypo team, willing to buss so hard and early like that. Seems extremely counter-productive.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:38 am

Post by hohum »

I still want a percy lynch.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by Vi »

^lol

@everything else: I'm trying to stay on top of this game, and more or less failing entirely.
None of the arguments save the L.Lamora one have really caught my interest since I last mentioned who I want to lynch away.

With that said, I'm still behind on reading Jahudo... which I'll be doing after rereading the game in general.

If Zach and Jack are scum together I will be rather surprised.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:45 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Jahudo. Lynch. Now.
green shirt thursdays
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:56 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Reck, you like meta right? What is your meta on kyle?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:47 pm

Post by Vi »

@people who hate Jahudo: What do you think of ortolan's hop onto kyle? (292)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:47 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Kyle is fail. Regardless of alignment.
green shirt thursdays
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:52 pm

Kyle starts the game pretty squishy. He tosses an RVS vote onto Reck and then next thing unvotes him with a bizarre meta defense for his second post in the game. He doesn’t even follow that up with a vote, just fos’es Zach for nothing major. This initially startled me on my reread that kyle seemed indecisive which to a degree is a town-tell, but I went back and checked Mayor Mafia and he did the same thing in that game as scum which alleviated that concern that I was wrong. He then further goes after another soft target in flinter and is just generally not involved in the game.

He then draws a vote from ortolan for kyle’s “tactical replacement” which I saw ortolan butcher to his death in a previous game and basically do the same here. (Incidentally, I don’t ever need to play with that fucking schmuck again). So he knows it’s a reliable tell and I think it’s perfectly reasonable that he was willing to throw a scum partner overboard at that point; it would earn him a fair amount of credibility for calling the scenario like he did and at that point kyle hadn’t been an asset at all and he had no clue if his replacement would be any better.

Then Jahudo replaces in and it’s hard to fault him for his play. Some little things do bother me, when he replaced in he called me scummy. I countered by saying his arguments were about playstyle and didn’t actually prove scuminess; you’d think that if he had a good read on me as he replaced in he would’ve then laid out the case against me other than playstyle, but at the same time no one else moved on me so he just moved on to other targets. I don’t want to seem as if I’m complaining about talking someone into thinking I’m not scum, but I usually expect more pushback especially from town. The rest of day one builds to him getting on the ortolan wagon which is nice, but I’m trying to not be too impressed by it.

I find it a little curious that day two started up and he immediately started up with analysis on Mike, but then just as quickly flops over to Locke/Amished. Since then I really haven’t seen a push from him for an Amished lynch which could suggest that he really doesn’t want to take ownership of it.

~~~

Well that’s my analysis of how kyle/Jahudo is possible/likely scum. I wish there was a smoking gun but there’s really not. But maybe that’ll push some people to move their votes the way I think they should.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:49 pm

Post by ekiM »

xRECKONERx 740 wrote:Jahudo. Lynch. Now.
Please put the smallest effort into this game and explain why you suspect the people that you do.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:27 pm

Post by Jahudo »

xRECKONERx wrote:Kyle is fail. Regardless of alignment.
What happened to this?
xRECKONERx wrote:I don't know that kyle's scum. I don't THINK he is because he's played with his town meta and not his scum meta this game.
Then how did this become a good case for you:
xRECKONERx wrote:kyle99's play was just awful - a series of posts saying "Sorry, I'll catch up" and "I agree with XXX" followed by a vote on whoever XXX's target was.
When you had previously said this:
xRECKONERx wrote:I mean, kyle did replace out of that game, so I doubt he cared to stay until the ending.

And I disagree that kyle is scum. I'd prefer to lynch Sotty or maybe hohum today.
----------------------------
DDD wrote:you’d think that if he had a good read on me as he replaced in he would’ve then laid out the case against me other than playstyle...

I usually expect more pushback especially from town.
I replaced into the game with three days until deadline (the deadline before it was extended), so my reading and cases were haphazard. Your playstyle did stick out easier than the others, and it took a little while to see the rationale behind it.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:02 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

kyle's fail meta as town is much much worse than his fail meta as scum. Seriously. He actually plays better (less scummy) as scum. So at first it just seemed like happy go lucky idiotic kyle-town. But his play being as bad as it was at the end, and then replacing out... and you not doing much of anything to convince me otherwise...

Yeah, let's lynch you.

And I'm doing fine not putting any effort into this game right now.
green shirt thursdays
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:36 am

Post by Jahudo »

xRECKONERx wrote:Jahudo has done quite a bit to reconcile that with some good play and excellent scumhunting, though.
You're flip-flopping too much now for it to be a lack of activity. You're read changes are based on no visible evidence, and the only conclusions I can think of are A) you're OMGUSing me, or B) wagon-hopping and hoping your aggressive/lazy "playstyle" won't be scrutinized. Regardless, you're my top suspect.

unvote;
Vote: xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:08 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Nah, you're scum, regardless of how little I give a flying fuck about this game. But sweet OMGUS vote.
green shirt thursdays

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”