llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:16 am

Post by llamaeatataco »

After another re-read I'm still no closer to deciding who is scum. I'm pretty sure that's a bad thing... Anyway, this is the waiting game now, seeing as we don't know when DoS will be back. =/
The game. Guess what? You just lost it.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:24 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Mod: am I allowed to prod players myself? Haha.
green shirt thursdays
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

I am Sir Terrance Hood, the Supreme commander of the UNSC Fleet. My flavor is that while I am of high rank in the navy it offers me no benefit while on the ring (so effectively I'm a vanilla townie). I win when all threats to the town are gone.

Popcorn cruelty.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by cruelty »

I'm Dass, a militia recruit. To paraphrase my flavour, I lost my rifle and as a result, have no special abilities. VT.

llama?
the nexus of the crisis
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

Master Chief. fo srs. I'm basically a vig that can only shoot on even nights. I chose not to shoot last night because it would have wasted our mislynch, and I for one didn't think it was wise. So basically, due to bad timing with the kills and crap, I never was able to use my ability to the benefit of the town. (last night was my only opportunity, and it would have taken away our only mislynch or made us instantly lose the game.)

So... Hell yeah, I'm Master Chief!

Uhh... Popcorn to xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:23 pm

Post by xvart »

I am Captain Keyes. I have a one-shot gun that I can give to someone at anytime.

Next: Reckoner

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:55 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I'm Sergeant Avery Johnson. VT. Flavor talks about my important role in helping lead the UNSC in their war, and I must use my vocal role as leader to do so.

Is that everybody? I believe it is. Here's what I can deduct:

- llama's claim is the most believable.

- xvart claimed a PR (gunsmith?)

- Cruelty/DoS claimed VT.

Let's look at this balance-wise...

Third Party

AGM - lyncher

Scum

pman & bv310 - "Infected Form" (goon?)

Town

Kast - PGO (not really pro-town, but not anti-town either)
Snow White - JOAT
jasont1981 - Motivator
jeromus - VT
Claims:

Reckoner - VT
Cruelty - VT
DoS - VT
llama - half-vig
xvart - gunsmith

I don't know if I really believe there are more power roles than VTs. That seems way overpowered for town, especially since all the scum simply seem to be "Infection Form", which seems like a flavor way to say goon.

Vote: xvart
green shirt thursdays
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:26 am

Post by llamaeatataco »

You know, I'd almost believe that infection forms are functionally yaks and we just got very lucky with the last member being a regular goon (combat form?). Think about it. The first infection form was lynched d1, the second was killed by the PGO. This would make it MUCH more likely that we have a lot of pr's, seeing as yaks are extremely broken anyway.

Or maybe I'm just stupid and they ARE regular goons.

Reck said:
I don't know if I really believe there are more power roles than VTs. That seems way overpowered for town, especially since all the scum simply seem to be "Infection Form", which seems like a flavor way to say goon.

Vote: xvart

Half vig and gunsmith aren't very good power roles if you think about it. The vig would get at most one shot off, and the gunsmith could give his single gun to the mafia. What the hell would a motivator do? Make kills super-effective? PGO ended up hurting the town as much as helping it, in my opinion.

Reckoner, explain yourself!
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:37 am

Post by xvart »

llamaeatataco wrote:Half vig and gunsmith aren't very good power roles if you think about it. The vig would get at most one shot off, and the gunsmith could give his single gun to the mafia. What the hell would a motivator do? Make kills super-effective? PGO ended up hurting the town as much as helping it, in my opinion.

Reckoner, explain yourself!
Yes, please. I didn't give my gun to anyone the first night because I naturally think everyone is scum so I didn't feel comfortable giving it to anyone. I was going to give it to Reckoner the second night (if the game continued), but then I just got this weird sensation reading and rereading his posts prior to the day one end.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:04 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Llama - in a mini game, halfvig is really only viable because a full big doesn't really fit in a mini. Furthermore, gunsmith or whatever can't hurt town. Scum obviously already have a NK so they gain nothing from it. And, as I already stated, PGO is pretty null.

We don't know the extent of the motivator, but maybe it allowd the vig to shoot twice or something.

In any case, either xvartis fake claiming, or one of the VTs are scum. I have a hard time seeing PRs outnumber VTs in a mini.
green shirt thursdays
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:21 am

Post by cruelty »

llamaeatataco wrote:You know, I'd almost believe that infection forms are functionally yaks and we just got very lucky with the last member being a regular goon (combat form?). Think about it. The first infection form was lynched d1, the second was killed by the PGO. This would make it MUCH more likely that we have a lot of pr's, seeing as yaks are extremely broken anyway.

a) what's a yak?
b) the flavour for N1 shows bv310 having attacked kast
c) why the f you talkin bout combat forms boy?
the nexus of the crisis
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:29 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

a) Yak is a scum who sacrifices themselves to convert
b) That's correct.
c) I know, seems like a scumslip.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Well, scumslip might be a bit harsh. It just seems like a kind of outlandish theory based on the fact that we don't know anything about the scum, really. For all we know, "infection form" could just be flavor for "goon" (which is what I'm thinking it is). Which is what makes me doubt the sheer amount of PRs on town side.

If there really are that many PRs... geez, it's no wonder scum lost, haha.

And yes, scum
will
lose.

I wish we had ONE extra player alive so we could verify the vig claim, but we just don't have it. I really do want to believe the vig claim based on just flavor alone... I don't think Master Chief would be a scum PR in a Halo flavored game.
green shirt thursdays
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:10 pm

Post by xvart »

Well just because I give my gun to someone does not mean they have to use it. I could give my gun to Master Chief and he doesn't have to use it, but would be able to confirm receipt.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Good point.

Unvote

Is your ability day or night use? Also, I think you can give it to anyone... scum already have a NK, so the worst that'll happen is a townie ends up with it and it gives them an extra kill. Which, if they're town, they won't use.
green shirt thursdays
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by xvart »

I can give it at anytime, but it can only be used at night. It also does not have to be used the first night after being given; so whomever I give it to will have it forever.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:57 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

So give it to someone then. Now. And they can confirm you.
green shirt thursdays
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:13 pm

Post by xvart »

I gave my gun to llama. I also asked if he is notified immediately or if it waits until night.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:36 pm

Post by xvart »

llama will get confirmation now that he has received the gun I passed him.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:19 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

I got the gun. So, unless we have 2 scum, that clears xvart and myself.
c) why the f you talkin bout combat forms boy?

I heard it mentioned in the thread, and it seems to fit. Think about it... What if the yaks can either kill or convert, not both at once? What if Bv decided to save his conversion for n2? It's not a scumslip to assume that there would be another form of flood, in fact assuming that the only form of flood is the headcrab-ripoff and that that form is a goon is the silly thing, imo.

So, I for one think that I should just not kill tonight anyway. Unless I can pick out of the three remaining suspects who is NOT scum, I would prefer to lynch. Call me a time wasting pussy, but I like to be sure, especially when fate has handed us an autowin.

tl;dr: I got the gun, xvart is clear and I don't plan on killing tonight.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:55 pm

Post by cruelty »

llama wrote:I got the gun. So, unless we have 2 scum, that clears xvart and myself.
how does that clear you?

i didn't see anywhere xvart stating that scum can't receive a gun.

in fact;
llama wrote:The vig would get at most one shot off,
and the gunsmith could give his single gun to the mafia.
also,
llama wrote:Think about it... What if the yaks can either kill or convert, not both at once?
why are you assuming that the infection forms are yaks? what exactly leads you to that conclusion? i think this was the first time it was brought up:
llama wrote:You know, I'd almost believe that infection forms are functionally yaks and we just got very lucky with the last member being a regular goon (combat form?).
so as best i can tell, you're making up assumptions based on random beliefs that -you- invented. did this turn into scientology mafia or something?

the only conclusion that can be drawn from this gun transfer is that xvart isn't lying about his role OR that we have two scum. it doesn't clear anyone at all (although i guess it makes it less likely that xvart is scum), unless i'm missing a critical point somewhere.

i also think it's unwise to speculate on the final scum role (presumably there's only 1 left) - it's not really that relevant when all we have to do is lynch one dude.
the nexus of the crisis
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:29 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I'm tending to agree with cruelty. So I will end up lynching DoS or llama today. Leaning heavily towards DoS.
green shirt thursdays
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:03 am

Post by xvart »

cruelty wrote:i didn't see anywhere xvart stating that scum can't receive a gun.
Although I haven't asked specifically, I think it would be pretty stupid to think that scum could not receive the gun if presented with it.
DragonsofSummer wrote:I am Sir Terrance Hood, the Supreme commander of the UNSC Fleet. My flavor is that while I am of high rank in the navy it offers me no benefit while on the ring (so effectively I'm a vanilla townie). I win when all threats to the town are gone.
DoS
- It's actually Terrence, but no big deal there. Also, can you expand on your flavor of why you have no benefit on the Halo? Is it because you are in the Navy? Or because you are so high ranked?

Reck
- what's changed between these two posts? Do you think that Master Chief would be a fake claim provided by the mod? Or would scum really have the balls to claim Master Chief, the most notorious and well known Halo Hero in the Halo universe?
xRECKONERx in 188 wrote:I don't think Master Chief would be a scum PR in a Halo flavored game.
xRECKONERx in 197 wrote:So I will end up lynching DoS or llama today. Leaning heavily towards DoS.
xvart.
I only read quote walls.

llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:34 am

Post by llamaeatataco »

wow reck, as soon as you get someone to look like they will follow you, you turn straight around.
llama's claim is the most believable.
So I will end up lynching DoS or llama today

nice. Now, to go straight to quote-walling...
how does that clear you?

i didn't see anywhere xvart stating that scum can't receive a gun.

I was speaking fmpov, stating the obvious... I think. I don't quite remember what I was thinking to be honest. In my mind, I now know that xvart is clear in addition to myself.

why are you assuming that the infection forms are yaks? what exactly leads you to that conclusion? i think this was the first time it was brought up:
What leads me to this conclusion? The name! INFECTION form. I guess I'm just over-thinking. Reckoner has also made assumptions about the mafia team (that they are goons) and you haven't called him on it.

so as best i can tell, you're making up assumptions based on random beliefs that -you- invented. did this turn into scientology mafia or something?
I was proposing a theory. I've been thinking about it for a while. If you had taken a quote of the whole thought, not just taking it out of context...
You know, I'd almost believe that infection forms are functionally yaks and we just got very lucky with the last member being a regular goon (combat form?). Think about it. The first infection form was lynched d1, the second was killed by the PGO. This would make it MUCH more likely that we have a lot of pr's, seeing as yaks are extremely broken anyway.

That's part 1.

Think about it... What if the yaks can either kill or convert, not both at once? What if Bv decided to save his conversion for n2? It's not a scumslip to assume that there would be another form of flood, in fact assuming that the only form of flood is the headcrab-ripoff and that that form is a goon is the silly thing, imo.

That's part 2. My theory really has no impact on the game, it was just trying to make sense of the flavor. You trying to make it look like some sort of scummy thing is stupid. It doesn't matter now that the scum are dead, and it's just as good a theory as any. Reckoner can't prove they were goons and I can't prove that they were yaks. We don't have to, because they died before they could use their ability anyway.

the only conclusion that can be drawn from this gun transfer is that xvart isn't lying about his role OR that we have two scum. it doesn't clear anyone at all (although i guess it makes it less likely that xvart is scum), unless i'm missing a critical point somewhere.

i also think it's unwise to speculate on the final scum role (presumably there's only 1 left) - it's not really that relevant when all we have to do is lynch one dude.

Imo, xvart is clear. Being able to give a gun to someone is NOT helpful at all to the mafia, and he definitely gave the gun to me. Either we are mafia together or he is clear. He could have given the gun to mafia, but as I said, I was speaking from my point of view. Unwise to speculate on the final scum role? How do you figure that? In my opinion, this discussion could be very helpful for producing slips like this one. Discussion = good. Tell me, in what possible way could it be unwise to have this discussion?

Only one more lynch? As far as I know, we have a mislynch. I'm going to assume we get this one wrong, because if we get it right it won't matter.

So, in the end I'm more suspicious of ALL of you except for xvart.

Dos is just... not here.

Cruelty doesn't want to talk about the final scum role and is trying to make my logical theory seem scummy.

Reckoner has made a 180 degree turn and is now saying I'd be his second lynch. He has now set himself up to lynch me with cruelty tomorrow should I live through the night. Pretty much: "I've got someone to back me, so now you aren't the most believable claim."

However, DoS might just be busy. Cruelty is just doing what he normally does (illogical attacks). Reck, on the other hand is not being normal.

vote: reckoner

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”