Mr.Sandman
Goon
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:06 am

Post by Mr.Sandman »

Sorry, been away the last couple of days

I agree with chronek. I think the cops should claim towards the end of the day and say who they intend to investigate. Leaving hints leaves things too open to ambiguity. It seems that this means a player has to have a strong townie read from early on and drop hints. Any changes of opinion later in the day, which is entirely possible, would just cause confusion the next day. The outcome of the lynch may also affect who the person wishes to investigate. Before anyone hammers anyone, I think cops should say who they'd investigate if the person flips scum and if they don't. I think even if the scum kill confuses things, having concrete information about who investigated who will be of more advantage to us.
Mr.Sandman
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by Mr.Sandman »

If we go with everyone saying who they think is most town at the end of the day, I still think it should take into consideration whatever the lynchee flips. I think this is important because if the flip is unexpected, the player that the cop initially thought looked town now looks scummy, do they still investigate? If they don't, they will likely lose credibility if they claim at a later stage in the game
Mr.Sandman
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:49 am

Post by Mr.Sandman »

farside22 wrote:Mr. Sandman why did you agree that the cops outting themselves was a good idea?
I felt that it was better to have concrete information on day 2, rather than have the ambiguity of reading into the hints that players had been leaving and the possibilities that these had changed throughout the day. I think VRK's suggestion is better though, as it means that the scum won't be able to kill in order to confuse things because they won't know who the cop's are
Mr.Sandman
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #5) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:04 am

Post by Mr.Sandman »

Cirno wrote:Reading back i probably gut my feeling from farside's vote on wolf in 48.

I'll leave the strategy discussion to you all.
If you're town, you're essentially leaving strategy to be influenced by 5 people, 2 of which have different motives to the town
Mr.Sandman
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #6) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:57 am

Post by Mr.Sandman »

Cirno wrote:@Mr.Sandman: Those people will influence the strategy either way.
Their influence will be less if more players are providing input
farside22 wrote:So lets say we hypoclaim who we investigate. We decide the most town person to claim and so forth. However there is one person who will who will be forced into hypoclaiming that they are going to investigate the player that is lynched today. If that last person is the actual cop then that hypoclaim does no good. Or even if that player is town that hypoclaim does not good to confuse the mafia. So my proposal is the last person to hypoclaim should be alloud to pick anyone they want.
While I agree with this idea in principle, the more I think about it the more I'm wondering about its practicality. How exactly is it proposed that we come to the conclusion over who to lynch and then determine a 'most townie' player before a lynch occurs in just over a week? Either on its own could potentially generate pages of discussion
Mr.Sandman
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #7) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:44 pm

Post by Mr.Sandman »

Does anyone else think if we're going for a no lynch today, which makes sense, we should all vote as normal just now and unvote nearer the lynch in order to obtain the no lynch? I think the lack of votes will stunt discussion and make it harder to get either scum or townie readings
Mr.Sandman
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #8) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:41 am

Post by Mr.Sandman »

I'm going to investigate Sensfan

Chronek up next
Mr.Sandman
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #9) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:01 am

Post by Mr.Sandman »

I think mavsfan is scummy for failing to contribute absolutely anything to the game and my vote would be on him right now
Mr.Sandman
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (isolation #10) » Thu May 06, 2010 6:10 am

Post by Mr.Sandman »

Hurray town!

I think the logic fell into place for us, rather than us getting it right. We intended to keep the WC's alive to confirm townies when they won us the game by killing scum. Would've been more tricky if two had died at once but the original plan would've ended up eventually causing claim headaches for those alive. Swings and roundabouts, a win's a win :)

Return to “Completed Open Games”