mini 943- Greek Mythology! (And the winner is... ?)

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:03 am

Post by Iecerint »

I support an Alma lynch. I want to wait a bit on the off-chance that VV is fakeclaimless fakeclaiming Hades. But I'm inclined to believe the claim, if only because Aphrodite has a neat name and I would never reduce her to fakeclaim-only status. [/outguess]
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:11 am

Post by ooba »

Please hold before lynching Al ..
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:15 am

Post by Plum »

Unvote
until the seismograph stops sputtering.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:18 am

Post by Iecerint »

ooba wrote:Please hold before lynching Al ..
O.o
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:25 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

This is what happens when Jack is allowed to funnel everyone into two lynch candidates based on nothing but "I said so." Good job, you are about to lynch one of your most powerful PRs. Random wagon on ANYBODY would be better than this.

But noooooo.

I don't know what else to say. If you don't buy the claim you definitely aren't going to buy anything I have to say defensive-wise.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:27 am

Post by Iecerint »

Something has just occurred to me that affects the plausibility of one of the two claims. I'll wait until ooba shares his information with the class.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:24 am

Post by LordChronos »

Unvote
. No way am I lynching a claimed cop day 1 without a little more reason to lynch them.

Icerint, please share what you have to say now before it is too late.

At this point, I support an Almaster lynch. Why won't you defend yourself, Almaster?
I'm a talking computer.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:33 am

Post by Iecerint »

The Rules wrote:Counters can be taken from players by lynching or Night Killing and will always remain in the game. The person whom hammers on a lynch receives any counters the lynched had. If a person is night killed, then any counters they have go to whomever killed that person.
VV's claimed special power would appear to be beyond the scope of the rules as they are currently written. Doesn't make the ability impossible -- the counter may just distribute itself randomly in this kind of scenario, or tokens might supersede special powers or whatever to prevent this -- but the rules weakly imply that bomb mechanics are absent.

This is not enough for me to prefer lynching VV to Alma on its own, though. I want ooba to follow up on his post.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:52 am

Post by ooba »

VV wrote:Aphrodite, Goddess of Love.
Role: Cop. I can seduce anyone and reveal their alignment.Super Power: Whoever hammers me dies(From madness, apparently. Coz I'm all pretty-like).
This claim is bullshit. We should lynch VV today.
From first page wrote:Everyone has one power and one special power. Powers can be stolen were as specials can not.
This game is designed so that normal powers can be stolen. Therefore the power I currently have can go to another player through various role actions. Therefore (and from the fact that my own power is as generic as it gets) - all powers are flavor neutral! There is absolutely no flavor in any power..

Looks like a safe-claim-name where scum got too inventive..
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:53 am

Post by Johoohno »

I still support an Almaster lynch. But feel free to get back in and defend yourself, talking is what townies should do!

I will be on approximately the same time tomorrow and will move my vote accordingly if I can save Vas or lynch Ooba.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:14 am

Post by Iecerint »

ooba, if your own ability is generic, why did you think Alma's Ares claim fit on the previous page?

VV, is your claim that the hammerer's death is from "madness" based on flavor for the ability, or your own extrapolation?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:16 am

Post by Iecerint »

Jack wrote:hahahaha :lol:

ooba, your double post shows a bit of the editing you did. Why did you cut out " Going back to read who else is a good lynch candidate. "?

~Oops... I am so sorry. I deleted that post thinking it was a double post. I did not notice it was edited. Just confirming that that post did exist.~
Oh, wow, I didn't see this. This makes me want to drop both and lynch ooba, even though 3 D1 claims happening really makes my stomach lurch.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:19 am

Post by Iecerint »

Nah, nevermind. Superscumkiller Alma is probably a better lynch innit.

According to the rules, we get a free 24 hours to discuss things after the lynch, but let's make sure everyone has an opportunity to counterclaim Ares and/or Aphrodite first. I think just Andrius has yet to post after the claims, but I'm not sure.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:28 am

Post by ooba »

Iecerint wrote:ooba, if your own ability is generic, why did you think Alma's Ares claim fit on the previous page?

VV, is your claim that the hammerer's death is from "madness" based on flavor for the ability, or your own extrapolation?
He just said Vig. I am only countering the "Seduce\Madness" bits (not whether it fits with the character or not) .. It's totally made up

I'm willing to be lynched if there's any other townie who can can confirm that they have flavor in their power - meaning (Hypothetically)

Popeye - "because you are so strong"
Flash Gordon - "due to your speed"
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:31 am

Post by Iecerint »

OK, that part makes sense.

Why would you be willing to be lynched? That sounds a little extreme? O.o

(You don't necessarily have to answer that.)
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:33 am

Post by ooba »

P.S I'm not voting because I want to hammer
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:37 am

Post by Iecerint »

You want to hammer Alma? Or VV? Or everyone?
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:41 am

Post by VasudeVa »

It's from my own understanding and is not written in the Role PM. The seduce thing is there though. I figured people would question why I would have a bomb mechanic when I'm the goddess of love so I parenthesized my own understanding with the claim. And yeah, the bomb mechanic is a little off from the rules but that's what's written there. I figure it's there to avoid scum from winning too quickly tokenwise. Three tokens on one guy can happen quickly, especially if they organize well enough.

And the stealing powers thing? Scum can still steal my power and make me essentially a bomb townie. (It's bound to happen if they have it anyway, so I intend to find scum on N1).

Ooba is definitely looking like a good lynch candidate. He's acting like what I'd expect from scum hearing a cop claim from a player who acted scummy. Plus, leaving me and Almaster alive will make tonight's NK tricky. If Almaster does not superkill me tonight anyway. >.>.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:57 am

Post by Iecerint »

^ I don't think scum win by acquiring tokens. Or we don't necessarily know that, at least.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:12 am

Post by ooba »

VV - of course - since I brought the entire thing up - if we do decide to lynch VV, i thought I was the best bet for town. But we can discuss that later.
VasudeVa wrote:It's from my own understanding and is not written in the Role PM.
VasudeVa wrote:I figured people would question why I would have a bomb mechanic when I'm the goddess of love so I parenthesized my own understanding with the claim.

VasudeVa wrote:Aphrodite, Goddess of Love.
Role: Cop. I can seduce anyone and reveal their alignment.
Super Power: Whoever hammers me dies(From madness,
apparently
. Coz I'm all pretty-like).
If I had parenthesized my own understanding with the claim - I would have said "I guess due to the madness I cause" - apparently does not mean you give your thoughts - it means it is apparent from a source - implicit here that it was your role PM. You are just backtracking here but doesn't matter since ..
VasudeVa wrote:
The seduce thing is there though.

You agree to this. Lynch him please.
VasudeVa wrote:And yeah, the bomb mechanic is a little off from the rules but that's what's written there. I figure it's there to avoid scum from winning too quickly tokenwise. Three tokens on one guy can happen quickly, especially if they organize well enough.

Only town win tokenwise.
VasudeVa wrote:And the stealing powers thing? Scum can still steal my power and make me essentially a bomb townie. (It's bound to happen if they have it anyway, so I intend to find scum on N1).

a) I never said Powers cannot be stolen
b) I was pointing out to the fact that mine is generic so that it wouldn't look odd at another's players disposal
(Again hypothetical example)
Flash Gordon - Commuter - You can choose to move each night. You cannot be targeted by any action on nights you move. You cannot do this two nights in a row.
Popeye - Bulletproof - You have immunity from night kills.
Aphrodite - Cop - each night you may seduce a player and discover their alignment.
Now lets say the powers move about a bit. Flash and Popeye's powers still make sense even if another player uses it. (since it is generic). However it doesn't make sense for popeye to seduce someone to get their alignment.
VasudeVa wrote:Ooba is definitely looking like a good lynch candidate. He's acting like what I'd expect from scum hearing a cop claim from a player who acted scummy.
And you're acting like scum who's just trying to hide behind a cop-claim.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:16 am

Post by Andrius »

AlmasterGM wrote: Name: Ares
Wincon: Scum dead OR hades gone and town controls the three counters.
Power: Vig
Super power: Unstoppable Vig
Not bad, not bad. If it is a fakeclaim, I’m slightly impressed. The power fits the god, and he is amongst the 12 Olympians. I’m assuming this is a normal, night Vig right?
VasudeVa wrote: First, mod given fake claim is a possibility. Second, I dislike the idea of vigilantes in general. Third, You'll probably waste a vig on me if you survive, so I won't be unvoting k.
First, I agree, though it would be an interesting setup if DN purposefully left some of the Olympians out for the mafia fakeclaims, or justs gave fakeclaims to the players. That means there would have to be some of us playing as lesser gods. (is demigods the right word?)
Second, I feel that they are interesting roles, and they definitely add dynamic to the game.
Third, you’re essentially saying that the “Doctor” role out there will protect you.
ooba wrote: I personally think you should "Unstoppable Kill" yourself. (It avoids any WIFOM situation on Day 2)
Scumminess from ooba. Why do you think that a town death would help us? Granted, he’d no longer be suspicious, given that he’s dead. But is that such a great tradeoff for the town? You’re also saying that AlmasterGM should NK himself, therein implying that we should lynch Vas.
Iecerint wrote: Moreover, does anyone play God of War? It would not surprise me if the Mod's interest in the flavor were partially predicated by interest in said game. Ares is the villain in that game, though I haven't played it myself and so can't make judgments about whether Hades has made an appearance. [/flavor outguess]
No, I’ve never played God of War. ^^;
VasudeVas wrote: @Iec: Ares is the main villain, Kratos is given powers by Aphrodite, Zeus, Poseidon and Hades. And I agree, Ares is definitely up there in the list of scummy olympians. Since we have 12 players and there are 12 olympians, we can assume that most of the players are from that list although we'll have to add 1 non-olympian figure due to Zeus' death pregame.
Is Hades actually an Olympian? Wiki says no.
Plum wrote: I'd lynch Andrius today

Unvote; Vote: VasudeVa
Umm… hypocritical much? You want to kill me and then you vote for Vas?
Plum wrote: Claimed Cop > claimed Vig.

Claimed 1-shot Super Vig = can't trust with claimed Cop out.
I totally agree. While the Vig is a great asset, we cannot risk a possible… (mafia assassins are the ones with vig powers, right?) killing our Cop.
Iecerint wrote: I want to wait a bit on the off-chance that VV is fakeclaimless fakeclaiming Hades.
? What are you trying to say here? I’m confused.
No wait. You’re suggesting that Vas is Hades, threatening all of us with death if we hammer him, right?
Iecerint wrote: VV's claimed special power would appear to be beyond the scope of the rules as they are currently written. Doesn't make the ability impossible -- the counter may just distribute itself randomly in this kind of scenario, or tokens might supersede special powers or whatever to prevent this -- but the rules weakly imply that bomb mechanics are absent.
False. If you hammer Vas, and you are killed due to his superpower, the counter would go to you, the hammerer. But since you died, it would go to a random person right?
@ MOD: Am I correct with this? ^

~No.~

ooba wrote: P.S I'm not voting because I want to hammer
I’m thinking you’re scum. If the town needs counters to win, why wouldn’t the scum need them too?
Either he’s trying to get all of them or he’s trying to play keep-away, since AlmasterGM’s roleclaim said that town wins if the town gets all the counters. So even if the scumteam doesn’t need them to win, they can still play keep-away and keep the town from winning.

I still support an AlmasterGM lynch over VasudeVa, since Cop > Vig. However, ooba’s been acting more scummy since the VV claim; he’s my second choice.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:23 am

Post by Plum »

Yes I want to kill you, Andrius, but there won't be a way to get enough votes on you before deadline as things stand. You're not a viable lynch; it's better in general to have a say in something that's actually viable. It's not hypocritical.
ooba wrote:Only town win tokenwise.
Oh? And pray how do you know that?
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:29 am

Post by Andrius »

DeathNote/ THE MOD wrote: ~No.~
TT_TT
I-I don't understand then, how it would work...
EITHER:
Vas fakeclaimed, since my explanation was the only logical one i could think of
OR
The mod's being tricky. XD
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:30 am

Post by ooba »

Andrius wrote:
ooba wrote: I personally think you should "Unstoppable Kill" yourself. (It avoids any WIFOM situation on Day 2)
Scumminess from ooba. Why do you think that a town death would help us? Granted, he’d no longer be suspicious, given that he’s dead. But is that such a great tradeoff for the town? You’re also saying that AlmasterGM should NK himself, therein implying that we should lynch Vas.
Well you either find him suspicious or you don't. If the majority did (and we did since it came down to L-1), then the correct play for a vig claim is to kill himself.
Andrius wrote:
ooba wrote: P.S I'm not voting because I want to hammer
I’m thinking you’re scum. If the town needs counters to win, why wouldn’t the scum need them too?
Either he’s trying to get all of them or he’s trying to play keep-away, since AlmasterGM’s roleclaim said that town wins if the town gets all the counters. So even if the scumteam doesn’t need them to win, they can still play keep-away and keep the town from winning.
Ok even if I was scum, I didn't need to wait till AlGm's claim to know townie win condition. It is right there on Page 1.

Keep away is a possible scum strategy as you rightly point out - I am only saying that since I am guy pushing for a VV lynch and started this entire thing about flavor - I thought I would be the best guy to hammer VV - one other advantage is that if the claim is true - it takes me away right there but I highly doubt if this will be the case.

But you've been silent on the entire flavor thing. Please post your thoughts on that.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:38 am

Post by ooba »

Plum wrote:Yes I want to kill you, Andrius, but there won't be a way to get enough votes on you before deadline as things stand. You're not a viable lynch; it's better in general to have a say in something that's actually viable. It's not hypocritical.
ooba wrote:Only town win tokenwise.
Oh? And pray how do you know that?
Page 1. Special Rule three.

"Mafia's win condition revolve around obtaining powers."

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”