Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

4th vote count of day 2:

Maemuki - 3 (VP Baltar, Lacey, Col.Cathart)
Jeromus- 1 (DeathRowKitty)
Col.Cathart - 1 (JasonT1981)

Not voting (Maemuki, Alexithymia, Jeromus, Vi)

With 9 alive it's 5 to lynch.

If I made any mistakes, let me know asap.

DL is May 6th at 1pm CST.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by Vi »

Lacey 370 wrote:Just a general question for the more experienced players. I've run into low levels of enthusiasm except from 2-3 players in nearly all of my games, with 50%+ of the players lurking. Is this normal? It's a let down. :(
If it's normal, it shouldn't be. I usually pre-screen who I'm playing with. I know it's "cliquey" but it helps avoid games where everyone decides to die, figuratively or mentally.
*Spoiler tag removed.*

Most games drag down eventually to some extent though.\
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:09 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

Vi, thats against the rules lol
Zachrulez wrote: Do not use any font size other than normal please. I will warn violaters, and will modkill repeat offenders. Don't try to hide text or make it difficult to read either.
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:19 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

Jason wrote:Col, I see OMGUS as not only voting your voter, but also accusing someone who has accused you. Maybe not OMGUS in the conventional sense but still borderline OMGUS, at least thats how I have always seen it.
Even if --> Come on, Don't tell me you honestly believe, I even remembered you accusing me in one post during D1, and then during D2 re-reread I thought to myself 'my gosh, Jason is suspicious of me, OMGUS!'. Please, maybe that would have any sense if:

a) you would be attacking me for real during this game. One post with FoS only is far too less for anyone to be actually offended anywhere near OMGUS level.

b) I would actually vote you just because you are accusing me of being scum.

I gave you one reason which is solid for me + the well known fact that you are lurking (yes, me too, I know, pot, kettle blahblahblah, but that comparison doesn't make you look any better). You may not find it plausible, you may disagree with it, but it doesn't change the fact, that I voted you for a reason other than you were suspicious of me, which automatically shuts your OMGUS accusation down on sight.

As a side note, believe it or not, I completely forgot you were even suspecting me (I remembered Baltar in D1 and Lacey somewhere in D2, because they were vocal), so I couldn't possibly OMGUS you because I forgot you were FoSing me once in one of your posts waaaaaaay back in D1.
jasonT1981 wrote:And with that ,sorry but I am off on my weekend V/LA as I do not get PC access as much during weekends. Cols response avoided what I had mentioned about him, putting each wagon at -1 so

vote: Col Cathart
Huh?

This is your point:
Why am I not voting? its L-1 thats why and I want to give Mae time to respond. Also note.... Col putting Mae at -1 exactly like he did in day 1 with Cirdua... I find that very suspicious... it seems like he does not want to be the hammer in case he comes under suspicion, but this really caught my interest given the circumstances are the same, and once again he puts someone at L-1
I adressed that point about putting L-1 right here:
I wrote:Oh, and about me L-1ing again - I'm not afraid of anything. It just happened again, that my scum suspect is at L-2, and if I find someone scummy... Why should I not vote for him/her? If Mae/Cirdua would be at L-1, and I wouldn't hear anything to clear them (claim, some really good points or whatever), I would've hammer without any doubt if there wouldn't be any important discussion going on.
I avoided anything? If so, what?
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Lacey wrote:Be careful here VP Baltar. The way I understand things V/LA is not something you are allowed to use for in game reasons as a plot. I feel this accusation you're making is bordering on unsportsmanlike conduct. Let's keep it civil and friendly, ok?
Eh, not really. Lots of people give excuses for lurking as scum. The problem comes from letting them get away with it. I don't question V/LAs really. I'm sure he has legit enough reasons, but the thing is that if he's scum he's more likely to be searching for a reason to not be posting content in thread. I'm not being rude about it, just calling it like I see it.
Jason wrote:OK, as scum I throw my vote around jumping on the popular wagons piggy backing of others cases, as town though I like to ask questions and get responses first before committing to a vote. As I like to make sure my vote is going on the right person, as scum I don't care who gets lynched.

this is why I have not voted yet.
The fact that you claim to be so aware of your own meta makes this entirely null.
Lacey wrote:Can you propose your scum teams then, and who you think is connected?
I'd like to keep that close to my chest at the moment. Ask me after today's lynch.

Hey Lacey, why do you attack me over jason's V/LA and then go on to say Haylen is making excuses with hers?
Lacey wrote:What makes you sure Maemuki and Jason are on opposing scum teams?

Jasons refusal to vote Maemuki, and insistence on the weaker (but still valid) case on Col.Cathart almost suggests Jason-Maemuki if you are certain Jason is scum (a fact of which I am slowly being convinced).
Well, she WAS at L-1...so I don't think he'd vote her even if he wasn't on her scum team. His willingness to vote her seemed legit to me.
Alex wrote:I now remember why I stopped using this account. I fucking HATE being called Alexithymia. For the love of cheeze and all things good, call me Alex. Alexithymia just winds me up.
:roll:
Vi wrote:Full post to come elsewhen (maybe) but the drama ITT is too pathetic even to warrant a snippy Advice Dog pic.
see, you have to learn to create drama. It keeps things exciting.

@Vi, if I was picking townies out of that group it'd be Col. Cathart and Alex probably. Why the change of heart re:Lacey?
Lacey wrote:Just a general question for the more experienced players. I've run into low levels of enthusiasm except from 2-3 players in nearly all of my games, with 50%+ of the players lurking. Is this normal? It's a let down.
Depends on the game really. I would say this is an abnormal amount of whiney/lurking in my experience.
jason wrote:Vi, thats against the rules lol
Attempt to get modkill after claiming to go V/LA noted!
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:48 pm

Post by Vi »

VP Baltar 379 wrote:@Vi, if I was picking townies out of that group it'd be Col. Cathart and Alex probably. Why the change of heart re:Lacey?
I said I don't think she's obvTown. But it's not like anyone's reputation compares to hers at this point.

I'd like to hear more from DRK when he gets back actually.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Vi wrote:I'd like to hear more from DRK when he gets back actually.
I hear dat. *daps*
YOUR AD HERE

Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:53 pm

Post by Lacey »

VP Baltar wrote:Hey Lacey, why do you attack me over jason's V/LA and then go on to say Haylen is making excuses with hers?
I'm not attacking you. I'm saying specifically that I feel if Jason were using V/LA as in game rule, it violates the trust given to players and the community with V/LA, and would qualify as unsportsmanlike conduct.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting the V/LA policy, but if I am right, I feel claims of unsportsmanlike conduct should be handled by forwarded to the Mods, and not handled by players. Just my feelings on civility.

My attack on Haylen isn't that I dislike her excuses, but that she gives us nothing of value. Just excuses. The same can more or less be said of Jason. Neither has produced much content of quality or import.
Depends on the game really. I would say this is an abnormal amount of whiney/lurking in my experience.
Good to know, the level of disinterest in the games I've played in are starting to flag my enthusiasm for the site. :-/
On an indefinite break from mafia.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:00 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Lacey wrote:Good to know, the level of disinterest in the games I've played in are starting to flag my enthusiasm for the site. :-/
It's part of the learning curve of the site I think. You have to find out who you like to play with based on styles and then try to sign up for games with a lot of those people in them. Unfortunately, the only way to learn this is either by reading a ton of games or just playing with as many different people as possible to start. It is definitely annoying when a good portion of the game just wants to lurk and not play, so I like to make a mental note of those kinds of things for future reference when I am signing up for games and have found it has greatly improved my experience since doing so.
YOUR AD HERE

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:02 am

Post by Vi »

Lacey - While I wouldn't suggest that V/LA tends to be faked even if it looks convenient, I will say that there is some temptation to stretch it longer than it really is.

I can also assure you that while fakeclaiming V/LA
should
not be a viable part of the game, it most certainly can be. While some people are not pleased with that sort of thing, there is generally not a lot of stigma after the game is over on the occasions I've seen. In other words, some people are not hampered by this concept of "civility", and the greater part of the community doesn't mind.

This is not to say that any of that is necessarily happening ITT, but I do have to wonder if you've noticed that you're the only person who continues to reference sportsmanlike conduct.

I really would like for this topic to not be monopolized by myself, VP Baltar, and you; but it seems like (barring Col.Cat) literally everyone else is on some kind of leave.

VP Baltar 383 is made of truth, glorious truth.
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:37 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Apologies in advance. I'll try to be as active as yesterday, but I'm not going to lie, that I'm not really in a mood for mafia right now (and if you checked the news you should know why), so I don't know if my activity today will be satisfying.

Oh, and BTW: Vi, I don't really understand what did you mean in your unvote explanation. Care to elaborate?

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:20 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Yeah, that's crazy, Col. Don't worry about not really wanting to play mafia.
YOUR AD HERE

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:26 am

Post by Vi »

Col.Cathart 385 wrote:Vi, I don't really understand what did you mean in your unvote explanation. Care to elaborate?
I still think Maemuki is scum, but I wanted to see if anyone would vote her if she wasn't at L-1 (looking specifically at jason when saying this).
Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:00 am

Post by Lacey »

Maemuki posted 12 times yesterday, and yet not once here even with the pressure of a potential lynch.

I would like Maemuki to claim. Unless it is something amazing, I believe it is time to lynch.
On an indefinite break from mafia.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:05 am

Post by VP Baltar »

It's not time to lynch or claim. We have quite a few people still away from the thread that I would like to hear from.
YOUR AD HERE

Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:19 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

*crickets chirping*

Ok...

Mod, please prod: jeromus, Maemuki and DRK (it's already past his V/LA).

DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:35 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Here. Will post later. Busy in general early on Sundays.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:29 am

Post by Vi »

Vi wrote:Image
At least the deadline is a long way away.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:30 am

Post by Vi »

Oh also, I'm pretty sure jeromus is onsite.
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:15 am

Post by jeromus »

I apologise for a total lack of activity - Well, this game. I will catch up at a time that is NOT 1:12 AM, hopefully.
Just so you guys know that I'm here...Just with nothing to say.
You're just weird. You have so much non-related fluff, pulled a gambit that... well just baffles me. But behind that I don't think you are scum, just individual. - Cliquey to Jeromus In a player description.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:16 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Maemuki and Jeromus have been prodded.

My activity may be a little lower than normal this week. My grandmother is in the hospital and I'm not really feeling all here at the moment.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:32 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Hi.

(I'll try to as some prodding questions tonight since people can't seem to contribute unless they are called upon. *puts on professor glasses and lights obligatory pipe*)
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:33 am

Post by VP Baltar »

*try to ask

<--witless dunce
YOUR AD HERE

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:59 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Vi wrote:
Col.Cathart 385 wrote:Vi, I don't really understand what did you mean in your unvote explanation. Care to elaborate?
I still think Maemuki is scum, but I wanted to see if anyone would vote her if she wasn't at L-1 (looking specifically at jason when saying this).
With her continued absence, it looks more and more likely she is scum just avoiding posting.
Col.Cathart wrote:Apologies in advance. I'll try to be as active as yesterday, but I'm not going to lie, that I'm not really in a mood for mafia right now (and if you checked the news you should know why), so I don't know if my activity today will be satisfying.
That was horrible, I know many polish who are living here so I can kinda sense how you are feeling at this time. Truely a shocking accident. Take your time and post when you feel ready to again.

Lacey wrote:Maemuki posted 12 times yesterday, and yet not once here even with the pressure of a potential lynch.

I would like Maemuki to claim. Unless it is something amazing, I believe it is time to lynch.
Wow... thats bad... Yea, I believe it is time for a claim also.
DeathRowKitty wrote:Here. Will post later. Busy in general early on Sundays.
Later.. is now nearly a full day

Vi - your images annoy me greatly. is that why you continue to post them? lol
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:00 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Mod, can you fix my quotes please.

Thank you.